Spongeinside GT6 Photography

Really like the old Fiat 500set, with a great collection of good angles as usual with you :) Same thing with the RCZ, shots 2 & 4 for axample are very well composed đź‘Ť
And the pano is not bad at all :)

Thanks :D I really enjoyed doing the Fiat 500 set :) The car really looks like a mean little machine and is very photogenic :)

Citroën C4 at Spa-Francorchamps

Another car from France! This time I tried to give it a 'feel' of it belonging in a touring car class like the BTCC or WTCC. It looks like the original road version, with some 'racing' bits on it and fully tunable gears and suspension. It's currently in it's 'testing' matte paint, but I'll probably change it to a more noticeable color (probably orange 0:-)).
I did a testing session at Spa, but the weather didn't cooperate as it was raining pretty much the whole session. It was my first time doing a shoot in the rain and wanted to try and see if I could use the spray behind the car in some creative ways, but GT6's rain simulation/modeling isn't really that great, especially compared to it's lighting (sun rise and sun set). But I did my best to get some nice angles anyway :)

Hope you'll like'm!​

Thanks :) I saw one somewhere, either here or on Flickr, and I was doubting if I should still do it... But I had this car ready to go for a while now and kept postponing the shoot, so I thought, F it, I'm just going to do it :P

I agree with Eric, the paint used on the C4 is original and give it different look :) And as usual, I like your shots with original angles (5&6 especially).

Thank you :) I do really like the matte color, but still in doubt if I should paint it my usual orange racing color...

West Surrey Racing British F3 at Tsukuba.

So with the new Senna content that just came out, I ofcourse had to do a shoot with the new cars. I had quite a hard time earning the cars, I'm not as good as I thought I was... :P

Anyway, after earning all the cars, I took the WSR F3 car out at Tsukuba for a few hot laps. I didn't really intended to do a photoshoot, but at a certain moment I thought the car was in a decent position to take a few shots :) There are only 3, and 2 of them are practically the same, but I wanted to share them anyway.

Hope you'll like'm!​

Last edited:
Lotus 97T at '80 Monza.

This car is a BEAST! damn.. over 1000 hp and wheel spin in almost all gears. Like my previous set, I didn't set out to take pictures, but at one point I just felt I had to take a few, again just three.. don't know why :P

I did a few practice laps at Monza, and then somehow felt the need to drive in the rain, throw some rain tires on it and have a bit of fun.. well.. fun.. even more wheel spin than in the dry that is...

So just before I tried a practice start I took some shots of the car, and damn, it's a beauty!

Hope you'll like'm!​

RedBull X2014jr. at RedBull Ring.

I had a quick shakedown at the newly added RedBull Ring in the X2014jr. car. When I took the first picture I suddenly realized I was in the time trail mode, so it didn't use my own helmet, but I found it too good of a shot not to save it anyway :)

Personally I really like the track, and it was a very long time since I've raced there, I think it was in GP3 or GP4 or maybe in the F1 2000 era.. anyway, a very long time ago :P The track isn't very long, nor is it very difficult, although some corners take some time to get right, but overall not difficult at all. Very flowing and quick, should make for some good racing!​

VW New Beetle RSi at RedBull Ring.

I've really been hitting this car hard at the RedBull Ring today and I think this car should be raced more! But it's only a 'standard' car unfortunately :( But altough standard, it still looks pretty cool! I know there's a 'Cup' version, but it lacks the option to paint it whatever color you want, plus the RSi is 4WD which makes it pretty easy to handle, although sometimes a bit unstable during braking.

The pictures kinda clearly show it's lacking 'standard' modeling, but I tried to make the best of it anyway, so I hope you'll like'm!​

Bug vs. Bull

Thank you :) I've been trying to play a bit with the angles, spend some more time finding a good one. So I'm taking a lot less pictures per set but try to make better ones, so quality over quantity I guess :)

Mitsubishi XR-PHEV EVOLUTION VGT

It's been a while since this car was added but I've been driving it almost exclusively the last few days and I really love it! It did take some time to get used to it's little quirks and 8 speed gearbox, but it's definitely worth it!
I've taken it out for a photo shoot at the Nordschleife, as it's my favorite track and it's very photogenic :) I did a 5 lap run, but all pictures are from the first lap, as I sustained some minor damage after the first lap :P And the car got pretty dirty after 5 laps.

It's a big one this time, long track, so there were many opportunities to take some great pictures. I forgot I turned on the 'miniature' filter, so all have it.. but imho they still look great :)

Hope you'll like'm!
(click for a bigger version over at Flickr)

SUperb work on this last set Jeroen. Great collection of excellent angles, superb light and toning, some beautiful close shots. Bravo đź‘Ť

Thank you so much :) The ingame filter gives the shots a bit of a warmer color which I personally really like, and it worked out pretty nice :)

That color works great on that car. Nice shots, although i would've liked to see you pick out only the best ones, this is a bit much to look at.

I sometimes tend to go a bit overboard and post them all here, mainly because I want people to see them all and not having to rely on them to go to Flickr to see the rest :)

Red Bull X2014 Standard at Spa-Francorchamps.

Ever since the Red Bull Challenge was added to GT6, I've been trying to get my hands on a 'big' X2014 car. The junior wasn't too hard to get, but the next step up, the standard 'non fan' car was pretty difficult for me. I tried the championship a few times but fell short by only 1 place in the overall standings. I tried a few more times, but every time it just didn't work out.. Untill yesterday..... I finally managed to rise 1 spot in the overall rankings and with a 3rd spot overall I earned myself the car, FINALLY!! I had almost given up hope and had already started to safe up the 3.000.000 credits needed to buy the car, but luckily those credits weren't needed :D

After currently having driven the car a bit over 250km, I'm actually really pleased with it's handling and performance. The speed is manageable, the grip a bit too much, but very needed to keep the car on the tarmac.
Ofcourse I had to give it a go at the Nordschleife, and set a new personal record at 5:41.259, although off-line. I was surprised to see the game actually scored it as a valid lap. I did take it really easy as I didn't want to invalidate the lap, which worked, but it means I could probably go just a bit quicker next time :)

Anyway, too much off topic rambling for now, let's get to the photo shoot at hand here... I've taken the car out for a evening run at Spa-Francorchamps, which it a great track for this car, enough runoff, great mix of slow and fast corners, and ofcourse a great track for shooting some pics :)
I was amazed at how beautiful the sky over Spa looked, and just had to put in a few pictures that were more about the sky than the car.

Let's just get on with it and have a look at the pictures, I hope you'll like'm as much as I do!​

I really like your gallery mate. No huge effects or awesome edit work but always original shots, with original cars (not really this time... for once), clever angles etc. In this set my fav' are shots #2, #5, #6 and the last one :cheers:

Thanks :D At the time, I just got the car and was amazed at how it handled, not as over the top as it's fan version but manageable :) So I had to take it out for s photoshoot ^.^

Mitsubishi i-MiEV "R" testing at Silverstone Stowe circuit

So I've been playing around with the idea of setting up a i-MiEV spec racing series, altough I have no idea on how to do any of that, I have been putting some ideas down on paper and testing some stuff, like (fixed) setups, battery range etc.

Yesterday I took the car out at the Silverstone Stowe circuit and after a few laps I decided to take a few shots to show off in my gallery, because (again) it's been a long time since I've posted any new pictures.. So here they are! Stowe isn't the most photogenic track, but some shots came out pretty good :D

Hope you'll like'm!​

Mitsubishi i-MiEV "R" testing at Tsukuba
It's been a while (again) since my last gallery update and it's (again) a Mitsubishi i-MiEV "R". This time I went out for some testing on the Tsububa track. The car is really perfect for this track as the track isn't too big it accommodates the low top speed of the i-MiEV very well and the track is tight enough it actually requires you to use the brakes, as many of the bigger tracks lifting off of the throttle is ofter enough to reduce speed before a corner due to the cars low top speed.

There's only four shots in this shoot as I kinda didn't really plan for it a) being done and b) posting it online, but I did really like the shots and felt the need to share them :)

So I hope you'll like'm!​

BMW V12 LMR at Circuit de la Sarthe

For this shoot I decided to spend a little money and buy myself a LMP car! Doing shoots with these kinds of cars is pretty rare for me, I've only done a Mazda 787b shoot back in GT5.

So I went ahead and spend quite a lot of credits on buying this car and took it out on pretty much the only track it seemed to fit in best, the legendary Circuit de la Sarthe, better known as Le Mans.
When I bought it, I knew it would be a 'standard' with a 'semi premium' interior due to it being a open top car.
I drove it for a few laps around the track and found it handles pretty good straight 'out of the box'. It has a tiny bit of understeer on some occacions, but the braking stability felt pretty good and the car was able to slow down pretty quickly from high speeds.. Overall I was really amazed of it's neutral handling.

But enough rambling, time for some pictures! I tried to hide the crappy looking 'standard' graphics as much as I could, but some pictures still show some 'jaggies'. I was actually pretty shocked how extremely low res many parts of this car are, in this day and age that shouldn't be in a advanced game like GT6 anymore.. but ohwell...

I hope you'll like the pictures :) I went for quality over quantity this time!​

Last edited:
Mazda Demio Sport '10 at Brands Hatch.

I was browsing the car catalog looking to get a car which I could give a 'touring car make over' and I came across this beauty… it was calling my name, begging me to buy her… So I did!

After some laps in stock form, I wanted to give it a bit more of a racing appearance, so after some body modifications, some engine tweaks and a set of racing tires, the car was ready for the track!
It handled pretty good, suffered from some understeer but overall really good. I watched the replay and the car sort of reminded me of the sort of car that would fit neatly in a (real world) racing series like the BTCC or WTCC, so my goal was reached!

Now a few days later, I took the car out on a track that would fit it's touring car theme, so what better track than Brands Hatch?
I didn't go crazy with pictures this time, just a few, but they're pretty decent in my opinion :) So I hope you'll like'm too!​

Oh and a little bonus shot, I got her dirty after a couple laps at the Nordschleife ;)

Last edited:
Back