Spongeinside GT6 Photography

Mini Cooper at Ronda.

Just a quick one-off :) Did some very minor editing, nothing much :) Tuned Mini at Ronda.
+1" wheels painted white, Chrome green on the car itself, racing hard suspension, soft sport tires, 6 speed gearbox, racing brakes, triple plate clutch, stage 3 engine upgrade and weight reduction, complete racing exhaust system the whole works is on it :P

Red Bull X2014jr at Nordschleife "Sun rise".

I'm really impressed with the improved lighting and sky GT6 has, so after the "Sun set" set, I had to do a "Sun rise" set :D

I tried to experiment a bit with the lighting and angle to make something pretty :D No editing was done on the pictures (except for the watermark ofcourse), it's all raw from the game!

Enjoy!
Click to see the full size over at Flickr! :D

Mercedes Benz A160 Avantgarde at Ascari.

I had this car in GT5 and liked it pretty much, the handling was somewhat stable, didn't go too fast but fast enough to prevent getting bored. It can snap at ya in corners to keep you on your toes ;)

Anyway, I wanted to see how this car was in GT6, with the changed suspension physics and stuff. And I must say, I was kinda disappointed :( It didn't have the same feel it had before, it still was kinda stable with that unexpected snap if you're not careful, but it felt slower and somehow less fun. It's still fun enough to use, but more as a 'last resort' if you're tired of other cars and you want something you probably don't see anyone else using online.

Looks wise it did get slightly better compared with the GT5 version, but you can still clearly see it's not a premium car by a long shot. It also didn't proof to be as photogenic as I hoped it would, but still got some decent shots of it :) The colors are a match to the Chrysler 300C I did a photo set of in GT5.​

Wow I never imagined the Mini to look that good with those wheels.
You've really managed to play well with the sunrise and it's lighting very well in your set, real nice light control.

Thanks :D The Mini does look very cool, I now just need a decent setup for it to actually be fun to race :)

The new lighting can be really awesome :D

Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X GSR Premium Package '07 at Nordschleife.

I just can't seem to get enough of the sky at the Nordschleife... I came across these 3 shots I had forgotten about in my GT6 gallery and thought I'd had to share them with the world :P

Renault Avantime at Tsukuba Circuit.

Many years ago, Renault built a one off Espace with an Formula 1 engine in it. Since there's no Espace in GT anymore I had to make do with the Avantime, of course I could never replicate the Espace F1 performance wise, but looks wise I could make the Avantime look a tiny bit similar.
With a nice big wing on the back, lowered suspension, sporty rims with slick tires and every other possible engine upgrade and weight reduction on it, it doesn't look too bad. It needs some setup tweaking to get somewhat decent handling, but overall it a pretty cool looking and driving car.

I made a version in GT5, but don't remember if I ever showed any pictures of it, so after redoing one in GT6 here's the pictures!​

Plymouth AAR Cuda 340 Six Barrel '70 at Nordschleife.

Well... I'm not sure what to say about this one... A American muscle car that's actually pretty pleasant to drive. I've driven it completely stock, well, except an oil change and those stock rims looked awefull so those had to go, but no changes to the car, so the 3 speed gearbox was a surprise but it wasn't that hard to get used to and with no TC it needed a bit of finesse exiting low speed corners but again not something that was hard to get used to :)

So I took her out for a spin around the Nordschleife, and as you'll see on the pictures, I didn't take it easy :P She's got some dents and dirt on her, but she loved it! and so did I!​

(There are a few more pictures in my Flickr gallery)​

Suzuki WagonR RR '98

It's been a while since the last set, haven't been in the mood to play GT6 for the last few weeks and had a minor scooter accident so I wasn't able to play even it I wanted too :(

Anyway, yesterday I felt like playing and wanted it enough to ignore the pain in my left hand to do so :P So I was browsing the car dealership and stumbled upon this cool little car :D Not a car you'd think of for racing, but it actually stood it's ground pretty nicely and didn't look too bad doing so, well... after some tlc that was ;)

I put on some nice rims, a very overkill big ass wing and an awesome chrome blue paintjob made this little Suzuki wagonR RR look like it deserved it's "RR" :P

I left the rest of it stock because I wanted to get a feel for it's standard handling (the wing doesn't change much imho) while still looking cool :D

The car had it's shakedown at Brands Hatch Indy, but like an idiot, I forgot to safe the replay to take pictures ~_~ so the pictures below are from the photo travel :) Anyhow, the car handled pretty well, not much power/speed and some heavy understeer as you'd expect from a car like this. But all in all I had a really great time trashing it around the track and bettering my lap times every time crossing the line.

The next step will obviously be to bolt some more tuning parts on it to make it quicker and handle even better :D

VW T1 typ2 Samba bus 'Holiday Trip'.

It has always been a dream of mine to go on a 'road trip' in a VW T1 bus, so today, I decided to realize that dream... Well... Virtually that is.

I bought a Typ 2 T1 Samba bus and gave it some nice shiny chrome bumpers and cool chrome +2" wheels. The suspension was lowered a bit for looks and a few tiny engine upgrades were done to cope with the mountainous areas I'd be traveling through.

After quite a few days of travel, I found this awesome lookout somewhere in Switzerland, and took a break to snap some pictures! Doesn't the T1 look awesome with those mountains in the background?

It had been a very relaxed trip so far and had nothing but nice weather, so everything was perfect! A few days later, somewhere in Italy, I stopped to get something to eat in a small village. I found a nice restaurant at a very scenic square, the setting sun gave the whole place a very nostalgic feeling and ofcourse, I took some pictures of the T1 in front of this big building across from where the restaurant was.​

Version 1 | Version 2

To be continued.....?​

Nice choice of car Jeroen :)
I like the quiet mood of your set :) Nice idea these two "reverse" shots (the rear and the front wheels). And the second shot in Syracuse is nice 👍

Thanks :) I like to let my imagination go a bit when taking the pictures, sometimes even during racing :P Most of my pictures are unedited indeed (except for the watermark), every now and than, I tweak some colors/contrast/lighting, but I usually like'm just as they come from the game :)

Renault Megane Trophy

Today I decided to take out the Megane Trophy car for a tiny run. After a few laps around Brands Hatch I felt the setup of the car was totally messed up so I decided to look one up here on the forums. After applying the setup the car felt totally different and way more controllable, it felt like stock but I could lap quicker than I could before.

So it was time for a short race, the opponents were very random, from Lancia Stratos to JGTC cars and some road cars (I hate how GT6 does this...) and in the 5 lap race I took the lead in lap 4 after starting from the back (wish GT6 added a quali option to all races) and a tiny off in the first lap, hence the dirt and stuff on the car.
After the race I took the car to Goodwood for a few timed runs 'up the hill'. I managed a time only 2 seconds slower than the time I set in the Red Bull X2014jr. So I was pretty satisfied :)

Here are the pics from Brands Hatch and Goodwood:

Renault Megane Trophy; Cup car vs. Street car

It's quite a hard choice.. The cup car versus the street car. Both are killer on the track, the cup car is smoother with it's high downforce, racing slicks, lower weight and high power. But the street car is more of a challenge, quite powerful, a bit of a hand full at higher speeds and overall more satisfying to throw around corners and complete a lap without crashing.

I think both are worth it, it's a matter of what you feel like driving at any given moment, so getting both won't disappoint you!​

Fiat 500 F '68 at Brands Hatch Indy

It's been almost a month since my last photoset, but hopefully the wait was worth it :P

I present you my latest little 'pocket rocket'! The 1968 Fiat 500 F in full 'race' trim :D I put on pretty much all option parts possible except for the racing exhaust -I really hate the sound it makes- plus I left off the turbo. Anyway, with all it's racing gear on it's (in my opinion) a pretty bad ass looking race car :D And with some setup tweaks it lapped Brands Hatch Indy in just over a minute, which I think is pretty decent for a almost 50 year old car right? Of course I could've gone quicker with the tuning parts I left off, but hey...

The car handles pretty much like a go-cart, steering is very direct and very precise, with my current setup (on sport soft tires) the car has no understeer and it's pretty hard to make it oversteer, because the car is rear wheel drive, and not very powerful, which explains why it doesn't really want to over steer on it's own, but a tab of the e-brake can do the trick :P

Anyway, here are the pictures! all unedited.​

Mercedes Benz VGTR at Circuit de la Sarthe.

Today I was in the mood to do some racing with the Mercedes Benz VGTR, the VGT in a race suit! I took the beast out at Circuit de la Sarthe to see how it held up in a 5 lap race against some AI.
The first few were easely passed, but some laps in I fell in sort of 'no mans land', I lost the cars behind me a lap ago and the next car up was way ahead of me (a Mazda 787b). I knew the car stood no chance against it (in stock form at least) as I remembered from lap 1 when I was on the 787b's tail in the first few corners but saw it accelerating away from me on the long straights. I had to saddle for 3rd as the leading car was also a Le Mans prototype.

The car handled pretty well over the course of the race, a bit nervous under hard braking from high speeds, but overall it is a pretty good handling car.

I took a few pictures during the race, more to show off the car a bit than 'racing action'. Enjoy!​
https://flic.kr/p/ng6RjM

Peugeot RCZ at Circuit de la Sarthe

So because all my previous pictures of this car were 'posed' pictures, I thought it was long over due to put up some action shots.

I took her around Circuit de la Sarthe to shake off the dust that had collected on the car and see what she is capable of!

All are pretty much raw shots. Hope you'll like'm :D

Back