Sportsmanship Rank

• Thread starter Obsidian-2
  • 110 comments
So... Brands Hatch Indy has 3 sectors, in todays event, it has 5 laps. This means 15 green points right. I was hit by a guy and got one orange point, no penalty, so this means 14:1, yet I stayed neutral at the end... As if green is +1, but orange is more then -10... This is so big of a joke...

I finally got an S sportsmanship rating. That was a grind. Dropped as low as D (for one race), then took forever to get out of C & B, but A to S was quick ... I hope that rating carries over to the full version or I am gonna be annoyed ;)

I finally got an S sportsmanship rating. That was a grind. Dropped as low as D (for one race), then took forever to get out of C & B, but A to S was quick ... I hope that rating carries over to the full version or I am gonna be annoyed ;)

I don't think they transfer to the full game. Even with my S rating, I get matched with a few of the crazies. They should make the radar mandatory as most incidents are caused by unvoluntary pushing cars off track when you get to race with decent racers.

After a couple weeks this will sort it self out. Ya it will be a little annoying at first but if you are a good driver consistent then in the long run you will be fine. Really looking forward to seeing the competition in the s-s races.

Had to work a few long days so I barely had a couple of hours here and there to try the demo. So I can't say that I played it enough. My ranking is still E for DR and B for SR and I'm at level 15....so still riding with a lot of crazies

That said, does the DR and SR based solely on your race craft or does your level has something do to with it? Will the players skill level be taken into account when matching with other players? Lastly, after how many races do you see the DR and SR change?

My SR has been victimized over and over again. Once you get into middle of the pack, there's nothing that you can do. It's a complete jackass festival back there. I can usually qualify in the top 5, but not uncommon to end up 20th.

I think having 24 players on a 3 lap race is asinine. The race becomes the 405 freeway where everyone is driving like they don't care about anything and will run over anyone who gets in their way. I'm fine with 3-5 lap sprint races, but cut the grid to 8-12 or so. 20+ lap endurance race, ok 24 on the starting grid.

I've won a few races, gone through hell and high water to get them, but didn't get the achievements (?!).
You've got a great point about the short races. Longer races have the added advantage that the punters will quit early if they fall behind and, if your quit percentage was an element of your driver rating, it would help those of us who don't quit, stay away from those that do.

I don't think they transfer to the full game. Even with my S rating, I get matched with a few of the crazies. They should make the radar mandatory as most incidents are caused by unvoluntary pushing cars off track when you get to race with decent racers.

.. And there are pretty good blind spot indicators. The red lights and the bokeh. I think most people just dont grasp the idea of leaving space for the other car next to you. GT sport does reward for fair driving instead of always winning. I think it just takes time to people understand that.

I like the new system but sometimes it really is unfair, one example, i started at pole, right at the first corner i got t boned by the second place, i got a 5 sec penalty and lost 7 places, couple corners later someone pushed me into the railgard because he saw that i was faster and are going to overtake him, again i got a 5 sec penalty and i spun out cause of the hard impact, i finished at 14th place with 3 sec penalty left and i didnt do anything wrong, thats just not fair,voh and yeah my ranking dropped off course, it cant be that hard to predict who is responsible for the crash!

Here's a short video showing the penalty system working quite well. As far as I know, I didn't lose anything from this, whereas the guy who hit me got a 10 second penalty.

It's always nice when it works well! When you get face slammed into a wall AND get the 10 second penalty not so much!

Hey guys, sorry I need to rant.
WTF is up with this driver rating system, I watched the two vids on sportsmanship and it’s like everyone decided bad driving etiquette is essentially the way to go.

How the **** is it my fault people ram me off track every race, and my SR is lowered did the devs even watch their own etiquette vids.

Seriously I brake at the right points and I give way to faster players only to be shunted by some clown going way too fast off the driving line.

Needless to say they can shove sport mode where the sun doesn’t shine.

**** you polyphony you got my money and gave me yet another huge disappointment.

WTF is up with this driver rating system, I watched the two vids on sportsmanship and it’s like everyone decided bad driving etiquette is essentially the way to go.

How the **** is it my fault people ram me off track every race, and my SR is lowered did the devs even watch their own etiquette vids.

Seriously I brake at the right points and I give way to faster players only to be shunted by some clown going way too fast off the driving line.

**** you polyphony you got my money and gave me yet another huge disappointment.

I had the same gripe until today at which I noticed that my SR was in fact going up when people would ram me. Yesterday I was getting the big red down arrow when that happened and indeed, it was terribly frustrating. Not sure if something changed, but my last 4-5 races I've had nothing but success just driving a steady race.

This is what I'm afraid of. The whole enjoyment of the game hinges on who you race online. It could be a great game or an incredibly frustrating one.

Yeah on a more mellow note it could be really good, and I will definitely hang in there as updates come out.

I can’t afford to smash many more game pads.

I'm in DR/SR C/B now and driving is relatively clean now. Yesterday, my SR improved in 5 races and only went down in 1 due to chaos on that oval race.

Back