Spotrace 2: Sports Car Class @ London

  • Thread starter Thread starter Sjaak
  • 165 comments
  • 10,471 views
Guess I'll be chasing your ghost allnight tonight.
I'll be happy if i can get into the lower 57's.
 
Awesome time Duratec, I knew you'd crack 56.

I put gtjapanese ghost in for the WRX and I'm 1-2 car lengths ahead going into the 3rd to last corner then coming out I'm behind the ghost. I just can't get through quick enough. I can only around manage 0'57.600 - 700. Have done a clean 0'57.620 but I should be at least 100-200 if I can improve on entering the 3rd to last corner.
 
Guess I'll be chasing your ghost allnight tonight.
I'll be happy if i can get into the lower 57's.

lol... well i wouldn't follow it to closely threw the last few turns, i'm like millimetre's from the barrier :scared:, but thats what its gonna take to get a good lap i think 👍.


Hang in there Chronos, you can only improve...:)
 
Yeah have slapped the wall a few times trying to find something extra through that section.
Just can't seem to find the sweet spot :crazy: Yet!!!
 
great time duratec...will try and see what i can do in this car....only did 5laps till now in the nissan...great time indeed!
 
Yep congrats duratec excellent time:tup: Improved my best to 0'57.149 in the lancer evo x
 
My new time for the CLIO V-6
1'01.767
almost 2 seconds faster then my last time :)
 
My new time for the CLIO V-6
1'01.767
almost 2 seconds faster then my last time :)

there are at least 2 seconds more available jaguar....have you tried to download a top ten time/ghost and try to improve??....could help you to improve even more .....:sly:
 
there are at least 2 seconds more available jaguar....have you tried to download a top ten time/ghost and try to improve??....could help you to improve even more .....:sly:

Yes I know. For the half an hour that I was doing so, I downloaded ghost for the person in #10 spot. Seems like On the first turn and few other turns I can take him on. But there are some twists he is faster. I learn new ways to turn the car on the bends so now I have an idea on how to improve my time. So far I am happy with my time, 2 seconds faster is HUGE improvement. I think this is my first time I got so close to a Professional TIME! Usualy I am always 5 Seconds behind. I guess i still have to practice pracitce pracite
 
Yes I know. For the half an hour that I was doing so, I downloaded ghost for the person in #10 spot. Seems like On the first turn and few other turns I can take him on. But there are some twists he is faster. I learn new ways to turn the car on the bends so now I have an idea on how to improve my time. So far I am happy with my time, 2 seconds faster is HUGE improvement. I think this is my first time I got so close to a Professional TIME! Usualy I am always 5 Seconds behind. I guess i still have to practice pracitce pracite

:)jep..practice is the way to go ...a good tip for the clio is also to not be too agressive with the car at turn ins of corners.....ride the speed thru the corners instead of atacking it and having to lift off in the middle....the reneault has allways been a bit instable and tricky,so riding it smoothly will surely increese speed!...:)
 
Slight improvement for me - 57'979 in the Lancer Evo X

nige
 
We'll have to share the spoils on that one for a while nige
 
Bought an STI today......I am liking it alot more then I thought I would

0’58.326---- WRX STI ‘07

Grabbed a 111R and put in a few laps

0'59.045----- Lotus 111R

I would have had some better times but my ghost kept blocking my view at crucial moments, I wish you could switch it off after it has out lived its usefullness.
 
You can push up on the D-pad . Turns it on/off
 
great time Duratec 👍
 
The replays are like watching bank robbery 'get-aways'...LOL. It's nice to see gtplanet taking over the boards. compliments to all!
 
LOL ... All we need is one of these.



Jag.jpg
 
:lol: ^^



great time Duratec 👍

Thanks 👍

great time duratec...will try and see what i can do in this car....only did 5laps till now in the nissan...great time indeed!

To be honest i'm not convinced this is the best car for the job, but we'll see... gonna try the evo or scoob the weekend.
 
@duratec....uuuuhhhmmmm,didnt you say you where close to the barriers on that lap??...not close enough mate!!!just did a
0.56.929...!!!!with the Nissan Skyline GT-R V.spec II Nur '02.
all aids off ofcourse/s3/pro set/cockpit view......i think this is really the max for this car,was close to your time constantly and only on my last try i squeezed trhu that last nasty corner perfectly and nosed my bumper ahead of yours!!its btw funny to see that we take different racinglines here and there,lol......will try other cars again,but somehow my mind is occupied by an image of a ferrarif40.......lol,lol.spyrrari.
 
You can push up on the D-pad . Turns it on/off

Really? Awesome!! thanks for the tip! Some ghost cars with different colors like white and yellow are hard to race "through".
 
No problem. gitSehT
We are all here to help.
Just don't go beating my times OK :lol:
 
Too late..... 0’58.326---- WRX STI ‘07
sorry :) i'll try to slow it down :)

On a side note, does anyone else try to drive the track as slowly as possible in a new car? I did this with the nsx cause its so twitchy, and ended up getting a 1'07 vs the 1'03 i got trying to be fast. I am talking half throttle, short shifting, no loss of traction at all. Doing this and slowly speeding up leads to great lap times!
 
I'll sort that later ;)
 
:)jep..practice is the way to go ...a good tip for the clio is also to not be too agressive with the car at turn ins of corners.....ride the speed thru the corners instead of atacking it and having to lift off in the middle....the reneault has allways been a bit instable and tricky,so riding it smoothly will surely increese speed!...:)

Yes, this car is really tricky. I like it tho. It is about 220 HP, a lot less then other cars, but once you get a hang of it, it makes tough completion to other cars with at least 50 HP more and 4wd. That is they key to the car, not to over do it, I took almost each turn with HARD steering, and made the car really oversteer. Or if I hit brakes too late and too hard.. turn the wheel and car goes understeer. Its too tricky at times especially when I fallow up a ghost car and try to keep up with it.
 
@duratec....uuuuhhhmmmm,didnt you say you where close to the barriers on that lap??...not close enough mate!!!just did a
0.56.929...!!!!with the Nissan Skyline GT-R V.spec II Nur '02.
all aids off ofcourse/s3/pro set/cockpit view......i think this is really the max for this car,was close to your time constantly and only on my last try i squeezed trhu that last nasty corner perfectly and nosed my bumper ahead of yours!!its btw funny to see that we take different racinglines here and there,lol......will try other cars again,but somehow my mind is occupied by an image of a ferrarif40.......lol,lol.spyrrari.

Excellent time mate, nice one 👍 will try some of the other cars over the weekend out of interest.
 
hey sjaak,there are some dubble time of mine in the list...with the subaru and nissan gt-r...can you correct please mate.......btw,what will be the next spotrace??....lol.spyrrari.
 
Picked up a Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X GSR P.P. '07

0'57'775
:)

On a side note I did a lap in 1 min flat, paddle shifting, with one hand, talking on my cel, holding the phone with my right hand....with the Nissan Skyline GT-R V.spec II Nur '02. :)
 
hey sjaak,there are some dubble time of mine in the list...with the subaru and nissan gt-r...can you correct please mate.......btw,what will be the next spotrace??....lol.spyrrari.

Yes, what are you cookin' up next?
 
Back