Spotrace 2: Sports Car Class @ London

  • Thread starter Thread starter Sjaak
  • 165 comments
  • 10,471 views
Finally i can stop chasing that damn skyline round :).

Car: Subaru Impreza WRX STI '07
New Time: 0'56.649

Where were you with GT4?

Great time :cheers:

Thanks to all the guys who send in times. 👍

I will make a third spotrace for next weekend.
That will be a last one for now so the European release of GT5P can absorb all our time.
 
Where were you with GT4?

Great time :cheers:

Thanks to all the guys who send in times. 👍

I will make a third spotrace for next weekend.
That will be a last one for now so the European release of GT5P can absorb all our time.

jep great time duratec,had no time myself and to be honest am a little fed up with the london track for now:)

sjaak,for the next and for now last spotrace,is this a good challenge??

suzuka-full circuit
same cars as spotrace 2
pro phy
s1 tyres

it will be technical and allowing a little bit more drifft(s1 tyres!!) in corners to get a top time...:).....just a hint mate:)
 
jep great time duratec,had no time myself and to be honest am a little fed up with the london track for now:)

sjaak,for the next and for now last spotrace,is this a good challenge??

suzuka-full circuit
same cars as spotrace 2
pro phy
s1 tyres

it will be technical and allowing a little bit more drifft(s1 tyres!!) in corners to get a top time...:).....just a hint mate:)


Would be interesting. Much more of a challenge there spyarri.
 
oja sjaak,one other thing...wouldnt it be nicer to see the toplist by car??..i meen having lists next to eachother so you can more clearly see the toptimes per car rather than per second...putting the fastest car as the first list ofcourse and than the second etc etc...maybe for people its also nice to try the fastest time in their most beloved car than try only for the fastest laptime overall...just an idea,lol....spyrrari.
 
:lol: You been Practasing :sly:

I'm sure sjaak likes to enjoy the game and not just type.
Thats alot of work you're asking for there though spyarri:p
 
:lol: You been Practasing :sly:

I'm sure sjaak likes to enjoy the game and not just type.
Thats alot of work you're asking for there though spyarri:p

jep,but some people are computer wizzards and do this in a blink of an eye:sly::sly:....but you are right it is a lot of work but so is getting in these fast times:)....
 
Yes,it crossed also my mind to make a list for each car.
I will do that tomorrow.
For sure the evo,subaru and skyline.
 
Yes,it crossed also my mind to make a list for each car.
I will do that tomorrow.
For sure the evo,subaru and skyline.

top sjaak,many thanks...:)
 
👍 nice one sjaak

spyarri ... You're telling me it's alot of work .Man I'm still a second away from you guys
 
👍 nice one sjaak

spyarri ... You're telling me it's alot of work .Man I'm still a second away from you guys

is there any particaly part of the track you loose time in or do you loose a little time in all parts...in the last case(as i tolld a friend an he improved dramatacly!)try to race a few other cars like lotus and maybe a frontwheel drive car for a change....if you do that you will feel the diff between the front/awd/rear wd cars more and than when you go back to the lets say skyline or subaru you will feel it as new and maybee see/feel more posability for taking corners or how you drive the car(wild or smooth).....trying too long on the same track and same car can make you make the same mistake over and over again without you even noticing it.........but you did try to race against the top dudes using their ghost right?..:)
 
Usually the last 3rd the chicane type bit and the last corner.
I have to admit though I got kinda stuck driving just a couple of cars round there.
Of course I tried against the Top guys that's how i got to where I am.

Haven't tried for a few days though maybe the break will have done me good
 
Usually the last 3rd the chicane type bit and the last corner.
I have to admit though I got kinda stuck driving just a couple of cars round there.
Of course I tried against the Top guys that's how i got to where I am.

Haven't tried for a few days though maybe the break will have done me good

yes thats the part of track where the diff is made...:)
go for it though,maybe the few days break will do it!!:sly:
 
Duratec's on fire :)
👍 mate!
 
^ Thanks seizure 👍


Where were you with GT4?

Practicing for GT5 :)


It was a good call to use a class of cars instead of just one for this spotrace, it's interesting to see how they stack up against each other and you really get to know certain cars strengths and weaknesses, learnt alot from this one 👍.
 
New best for me - 57.706 - Evo X

nige
 
Nice time nige 👍
 
Edited your new time in, nige.👍

I decided not to do a new race.
When all dust is down again from the EU GT5P I will return.:)

For now I am going to enjoy the last weeks of non crowded online racing with the Japanese prologue.

:cheers:
 
jep great time duratec,had no time myself and to be honest am a little fed up with the london track for now:)

sjaak,for the next and for now last spotrace,is this a good challenge??

suzuka-full circuit
same cars as spotrace 2
pro phy
s1 tyres

it will be technical and allowing a little bit more drifft(s1 tyres!!) in corners to get a top time...:).....just a hint mate:)
I'm going to give it try, although those s1 tyres already give me the shivers.
 
Jase72 and Sjaak - Cheers 👍
I know with a bit of time and effort I could maybe get down to the low 57's. But time is the problem!
nige
 
Edited your new time in, nige.👍

I decided not to do a new race.
When all dust is down again from the EU GT5P I will return.:)

For now I am going to enjoy the last weeks of non crowded online racing with the Japanese prologue.

:cheers:

fully understand sjaakie...enjoy it,in a few weeks the bom will burst online!!...:nervous:
 
I put down some laps in the STI, EVO IX, and NSX tonight. I don't have the exact times on me. I was in the 57-58 range with the STI and in the 101 range with the NSX. I'll have to check or race them again for exact times.

The NSX would be so much better on this track with the ability to adjust the gears. 1st and 2nd are way too long!!
 
I spotted the times and had a go with the STI 56.644 the EVO X 56.677 the Skyline GT-R 56.770 and the NSX 59.487
 
I spotted the times and had a go with the STI 56.644 the EVO X 56.677 the Skyline GT-R 56.770 and the NSX 59.487


Hi oldbeanee,

Welcome to the planet and what an entrance.:nervous:

I watched your suba,evo and skyline replays.👍 and :cheers:
I hope you didn't raced only a few laps to achieve those times.


I put you on the list.:)
 
Well i managed to beat the Skyline and Evo times in about 20 laps but duratecs cracking lap in the WRX taken a couple hours of solid lapping to beat
 
Excellent times there oldbeanee, from a fellow midlander aswell i see... must be something in the air :).

Welcome to the planet 👍
 
great times oldbeanee....if only i had the time you had to do some more laps!!!aaahhh,too busy with work/girlfriend/kid/friends etc etc....im lucky if i can do 1hour a week!!......welcome.
 
Thanks guys, ive started playing again so i can get ready for the euro release. Cant wait to try the new ferrari's
 
you stopped playing?..the jpn version i presume...?...or do you meen something else?...
 
Yeah the jpn version, i stopped playing for a bit cause my dfp wore out and i was getting a g25. I started to play with the controller, but couldn't get used to it.
 
Back