Spotrace 2: Sports Car Class @ London

  • Thread starter Thread starter Sjaak
  • 165 comments
  • 10,471 views
Yes, what are you cookin' up next?

I was thinking about a race or multiple hotlaps but need to test.
Thanks to the PS3 there are new ways to do races but also some new problems.

But I'm not complaining :),GT5P and PS3 = Fantastic.
 
Here is my best time for now;
tofuman: 0.59.066, eVo XI
 
I was thinking about a race or multiple hotlaps but need to test.
Thanks to the PS3 there are new ways to do races but also some new problems.

But I'm not complaining :),GT5P and PS3 = Fantastic.

Indeed.
 
I was thinking about a race or multiple hotlaps but need to test.
Thanks to the PS3 there are new ways to do races but also some new problems.

But I'm not complaining :),GT5P and PS3 = Fantastic.

Sounds interesting. Enlighten me . What new ways and problems?

GT5P and PS3 = Insomniac :)
 
Sounds interesting. Enlighten me . What new ways and problems?
Well,new is the way the online rankings work.
I can select nr.25 on the list and can view his settings.

With this info it is impossible to cheat with tires and laptimes.

Everybody below place ten has not a public replay but you can see more info nowadays then in GT4 where the times posted were on a pure trust base.
Which btw worked great for 99% of the racers.:)

And problems is a strong word I used but the old way of sending a pm with the final laptime is now only for organising purposes.

The times can be viewed in the online rankings or an organiser must stated that the laptimes must be driven offline.
But I doubt if that will happen because it is a nice reward to see a racers name high on the public rankings.

Other thing is that the replays in the rankings differ from day to day.
So in theory it is possible all the replays are gone in one day if an other GT site does the same race and has a bunch of aliens as members.

I have a replay saved on an usb stick to my pc but can't upload it in this post.
But I'm a pc noob so perhaps I do something wrong.:sly:

In GT4 we can run 3 laps in timetrail ,save the full replay and you can read the 3 laps times combined in the replay theatre.
Such a race is called a multiple lapper,no AI but still a race.
In GT5P when saved I can't see the time on the replay file.
I have to watch the replay and note down the 3 laps.

Any way in a month the English version and a chance that much is changed by then.
 
Enlightened thought i was missing something that's all :)

I have a replay saved on an usb stick to my pc but can't upload it in this post.
But I'm a pc noob so perhaps I do something wrong.:sly:

You could always put on that Video website thingy YouTube and embed it in here 💡
 
My replay is only data.

If I can upload it on the planet in a post,someone can download it on his usb stick,put it on the pS3 and is able to view the lap.
 
Ah with you now.

Can it not be done the same way that people here on the planet are sharing their PS3 save data ?

[EDIT]

Scrap that idea just had a go at it the file is too large too upload.

Over 100kb
 
the people here at mostly german GTRP (gran turismo racing point) use a race database in which every signed board member/ TT race participant can enter his laptime and uplaod his replay file which was copied from ps3 to usb to personal computer, so every competitor/race moderator can verify the respective laptime posted by the user...
 
Great idea.
Especially for those of us who don't get into the top ten.

Keep us honest.
 
Sounds like a lot of work, I am just going to try to keep in the top ten ;)
 
just had a very very slight improvement
0'57.243 Lancer Evolution X GSR P.P. '07
 
Getting better

0'57.563 Evo X
 
Nice time Jase.....I guess I better give it second shot ;)
 
Thanks gitSehT

Just tried to better it did 5 laps and was .666 down on the second split on 4 of them .
Scarily consistent. Or maybe The Devil has possessed my EVO
 
Getting better

0'57.563 Evo X

Nice 👍



Did a few more laps in the skyline managed to find another tenth or so, also tried the evo x and impreza, struggled to hang on to my skyline ghost through the faster sections in these but consistently nail it under braking, so i guess it sort of evens it self out over a lap.

Car: Nissan Skyline GT-R V.spec II Nur '02
New Time: 0'56.793

Car: Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X GSR P.P. '07
Time: 0'56.838

Car: Subaru Impreza WRX STI '07
Time: 0'56.833
 
Nice 👍



Did a few more laps in the skyline managed to find another tenth or so, also tried the evo x and impreza, struggled to hang on to my skyline ghost threw the faster sections in these but consistently nail it under braking, so i guess it sort of evens it self out over a lap.

Car: Nissan Skyline GT-R V.spec II Nur '02
New Time: 0'56.793

Car: Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X GSR P.P. '07
Time: 0'56.838

Car: Subaru Impreza WRX STI '07
Time: 0'56.833

Thanks
I take back what I said about The Devil possessing my Evo.

Are you sure you haven't sold you soul for those lap times ?
Awesome 👍
 
:lol:... I'd like to know where you found half a second from, something must have clicked... found the sweet spot on the last turn maybe?
 
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X GSR P.P. '07
0'57.545
 
Nice one Nitro 👍


:lol:... I'd like to know where you found half a second from, something must have clicked... found the sweet spot on the last turn maybe?

Yeah changed my line slightly in the last 3rd and just a little more composed through the lap itself.
 
Nice 👍

Car: Nissan Skyline GT-R V.spec II Nur '02
New Time: 0'56.793

[/B]

As Darrell Waltrip would say....thats haulin' the mail.
 
Nice one... soon be down in the low 57's ;).

If I can find 1/2 a second to get where I am now.
Guess I should aim a little higher and get into the 56's :D
 
thanks mates.I did 25 laps and set the fastest lap in first 5 laps. what were other 20 laps for? I dont know and I hate that situation :D
 
great times duratec...was hoping i could do some laps this weekend but was too bizzy with "normal" life stuff....maybe today or tomorrow i will have another go and see where you found those extra tens of seconds.....well done mate,spyrrari.
 
latest timing after a 2 day break.
0'57.162
Lancer Evolution X GSR P.P. 07'
 
Nice time seizure 👍


Thanks spyrrari, i think the impreza is capable of beating the skyline time with a good lap, been on course to beat it a few times but messed up in the final few turns.
I noticed someone's done a '56.7** in the impreza but after loading up the ghost they hit the barriers 2 or 3 times, guess it was easier than using the brake :crazy:.
 
Nice time seizure 👍


Thanks spyrrari, i think the impreza is capable of beating the skyline time with a good lap, been on course to beat it a few times but messed up in the final few turns.
I noticed someone's done a '56.7** in the impreza but after loading up the ghost they hit the barriers 2 or 3 times, guess it was easier than using the brake :crazy:.

there will allways be dudes who after hours and hours of playing per day find ways to get a superlap in using the barriers in their advantage,it sucks i know,lucky we can see their laps so WE know whos driving a clean lap or not:):)...i know what you meen regarding the impreza,have been on a few laps where i was far ahead of my own time and lost it in or the tight chicane or that basterd of a last corner:crazy:....will have some time tomorrow for sure and hope i can beat that top time by driving the sub to its limits:)spyrrari.
 
Wow, this one is frustratingly hard for me. Always slightly hitting the walls. Also the cars are just so slow that all the mistakes mean instantly no way for top times.

Anyway, here is my best clean(no hitting to wall) so far
Car: Nissan Skyline GT-R V.spec II Nur '02
Time: 0'57.210.

Drove also with the renault clio, that one is seriosly fun. Need to go back to time some more laps.
 
Finally i can stop chasing that damn skyline round :).

Car: Subaru Impreza WRX STI '07
New Time: 0'56.649
 
Back