Spotrace 3 : Super Car Class @ Suzuka

• Thread starter Sjaak
  • 111 comments
Yes Joe,you can always update your laptime.👍

Is there a way to save the replay of one specific lap (fastest) if you've done a run of say 10 laps?

Yes,look at the box with the red dot.
There you can save your fastest time.
Also after saving you can use your lap as ghost and you can view it in the replaytheatre.

Thanx for the new Spotrace Sjaak 👍

My times so far:

2'25.192 Denur Mercedes-Benz SL '55 AMG '02
2'22.670 Denur Chevrolet Z06 '06

Is this a leader board, or some kind of championship?

Anyways:
2:25.611 Corvette Z06

And I just saw Spyrrari's run (On the online rankings) :crazy:
I need a steering wheel!!!

Is this a leader board, or some kind of championship?

Anyways:
2:25.611 Corvette Z06

And I just saw Spyrrari's run (On the online rankings) :crazy:
I need a steering wheel!!!

its just a competition...just for fun...:sly:(but also to see whos fast and whos not:dopey:)

i need a new steering wheel!!!..mine is broke!!:)
spyrrari.

👍 Some of may actually make the top ten then.

Will have a crack at this later not sure which car I'm going to use though :nervous:

jase,use the tvr..:)its not so bad as many would think,and it took me only 3laps to get world no1 time....there is a lot af time to win there and not many people have put in times with this car...wich is strange cause its a beauty!!:sly:
spyrrari.

2'19.504---spyrrari---Chevrolet Corvette Z06 '06

2'20.695---unimental---Chevrolet Corvette Z06 '06
2'20.708---spyrrari---Dodge Viper SR10 Coupe ‘06
2'20.959---Toolboy---Aston Martin DB9 Coupe ‘06

2'21.998---joe43302---Chevrolet Corvette Z06 '06

2'22.266---spyrrari---Lexus IS F '07
2'22.670---Denur---Chevrolet Z06 '06
2'22.833---spyrrari---Aston Martin DB9 Coupe ‘06

2'23.831---spyrrari---Mercedes-Benz SL55 AMG '02
2'23.976---spyrrari---TVR Tuscan Speed 6 '00

2'24.030---Beefaben---Chevrolet Corvette Z06 '06
2'24.088---vanubermaster---Lexus IS F '07
2'24.030---Larikun---Dodge Viper SR10 Coupe ‘06
2'24.270---joe43302---Dodge Viper GTS 02

2'25.049---Cold Fussion---Lexus IS F '07
2'25.192---Denur--- Mercedes-Benz SL '55 AMG '02
2'25.611---Fyshokid---Chevrolet Corvette Z06 '06

2'26.957---Cold Fussion---Mercedes-Benz SL55 AMG '02

OK, bolded for easy to see changes. I managed to up my times for both cars, although not by much, I'm still incredibly stoked about that... Now, here's the proposition:

The Corvette I pulled in 2'21" I rode the hell out of the rumble, barely stayed on at that last high speed turn (You guys know which one I'm referring to? Before the S-bends at the finish line), but somehow managed to keep both left tires on. Again, just barely, and I'm sure narrowly avoided the funny penalty system. Now, I want to know if I should be allowed to submit that, since the rules say rumble strip is road, but doesn't go out to say "Excessive riding isn't OK", which may or may not be implied. I have a replay with 2 laps, my first was 2'22.2-- seconds, so it isn't much improved, but I'll submit that if you guys should think so. I don't think I broke the rules, and I watched the replay twice to be sure, but I wouldn't mind input, and yes, I do have the replay saved, and will upload it on request, as long as you tell me how ;)

Other than that, I seem to be getting more consistent and slightly faster on occasion, so I'm happy! Shame I can't catch you guys, maybe bring some pride to the forums, but it looks like until tomorrow I'll be the #14 Corvette and #17 Viper GTS driver on Suzuka.

By the way, no, my setting haven't changed.

2:18.886 in the Vette. Man, that is a wild ride. 5th on the worldwide leaderboard (for now), and first on ours (again... for now ;) )

edited for formatting

2'18.886---unimental---Chevrolet Corvette Z06 '06

2:18.886 in the Vette. Man, that is a wild ride. 5th on the overall leaderboard (for now).

Nice! ;)

Yeah, the scoreboard actually moved up from earlier today, with 2'16" being the pole now, up from 2'17"...

I'm about to start downloading your ghosts.

2:18.886 in the Vette. Man, that is a wild ride. 5th on the worldwide leaderboard (for now), and first on ours (again... for now ;) )

edited for formatting

2'18.886---unimental---Chevrolet Corvette Z06 '06

great time unimental....have to create some more time today to see if i can improve:sly:
spyrrari.

I put in a few laps in the XK and Aston last night and this morning... both of which I need to work on a bit, so I'll post lap-times later. And neither (especially the XK, LOL) of which are going to touch the Vette in the overall standings.

The coolest thing about them, however, is adapting to the right-hand cockpit view after running so many laps from the left. There's an impact on how you approach and manage cornering that adds to GT5P's immersion factor (for those that run cockpit view).

Oh yes, and the XK feels extremely pedestrian when you switch over from the Vette.

agree,its alot of fun adapting to the left/right hand drive!!!
whas in the uk last week and needed to do the same thing in real life!!....lol.
diddnt drive the jag yet,will do later today though...
spyrrari.

(love the aston cockpit with the blue lights and anti clockwise dails!)

I put in a few laps in the XK and Aston last night and this morning... both of which I need to work on a bit, so I'll post lap-times later. And neither (especially the XK, LOL) of which are going to touch the Vette in the overall standings.

The coolest thing about them, however, is adapting to the right-hand cockpit view after running so many laps from the left. There's an impact on how you approach and manage cornering that adds to GT5P's immersion factor (for those that run cockpit view).

Oh yes, and the XK feels extremely pedestrian when you switch over from the Vette.

Heh, at least the XK looks better :sly:. Being serious though, the XK is neither here nor there, its far better than most of the C-class and B-class cars, but its lacking behind everything else. It doesnt have enough power to be competitive enough against the rest, I think its possibly the only car in the game that doesnt really have a decent class for it to compete in. The DB9 is a bit better, but only a bit.

Anyway, I should be back home tomorrow, so will be able to post some times, I'm interested to see how I do on my first time trial comp. :nervous:

little bit better time in the vette...
2'19.125---spyrrari---chevrolet corvette Z06 '06
2'31.264---spyrrari---jaguar xk coupe '06

the jag is very slow and is way to week in suspension making it a very daft car to drive...aston is much better!
had the corvette 0.9 seconds up on my own ghost,only to loose it at the last chicane!will get it right tomorrow i hope...lol.

man!,i need that new dfgt wheel!!!...
spyrrari.

it isnt because in suzaka with vette you dont change the gear alot. I watched the guy in first place. he was stucked in 3th and 4th gear :)

He stuck second a few times, but not very often (if it's the same guy).

I can't navigate areas like the S bends in 3rd. I've tried, and while it's possible, it's much more work and I still do it slower. I don't know, but I'm about to just give up all together.

i do the s curves in 3rd...in second the car is just to jumpy...
have more trouble with the brakes..the line between perfect and a bit off seems to be very thin on my dfp set up...braking into the last chicane is either fast or lost....lol.
but am sure to do faster times though soon!

@nitro..great lap!!

spyrrari.

If I was Chevrolet I'd sue PD for making my car handle like that

?..what do you meen man?..
have you ever driven a 500+hp car to the full???

go to chevy dealer,take a vette for a drive and in a 90-degree corner floor the throttle in second gear....:):)

hope you still have a smile on your face afterwards...:dopey:

the vette handles great,but its a beast,and thats why we love it!!

spyrrari.

?..what do you meen man?..
have you ever driven a 500+hp car to the full???

go to chevy dealer,take a vette for a drive and in a 90-degree corner floor the throttle in second gear....:):)

hope you still have a smile on your face afterwards...:dopey:

the vette handles great,but its a beast,and thats why we love it!!

spyrrari.

No, I've never driven a car with 500hp, and my complaint isn't with the difficulty of putting down the power in tight corners

And no, the Vette does not handle great in this game. It does in the real world, but not this game. Every automotive magazine raves about the handling of this car. In GT4 it was one of the best handling cars. Now in GT5P its trash

When you can't turn a car's steering wheel 15 degrees at WOT in 3rd gear around a lazy bend at 80mph without it getting out of shape you have a problem. (I'm using 0 aids BTW and a DFP)

This would be acceptable if:

- the track was wet
- you were on worn out tires or lower quality tires (N1,2,3)
- you were in a much lesser car

I noticed alot of cars in GT5P have this rediculous 'bug'. Maybe it is because all of them come stock with 0 toe and the same camber setting. These cars come factory equipped with different toe, camber, and caster settings. In GT5 these settings are the same for all the cars which I think is rediculous.

The Ford GT in this game had a similiar problem but it was easily solved by giving positive toe to the front tires and negative toe to the rear tires. In time trials you can't adjust the suspension of the car

Check this link: http://forums.focaljet.com/suspension/574041-tune-your-toe.html

Notice rear toe in gives you easier control over power oversteer conditions.

No car, especially a sports car like the Vette, comes stock with 0 toe and .5 camber on the front and .3 on the rear like you have in GT. Toe is decided by things like whether your car is FR or FF

Some cars in the game may handle properly with the basic setup but most need adjustments to handle well and not drive like a pig through certain corners

just a side note, I did test drive the 07 corvette on a short road course at the speedway in las vegas. The traction control keeps the car nailed down. but it is a solid drive anyway. I was told that the Z06' 06 had awesome adjustment for the TCS and was a much more fun car to drive...cheers!(some corvette guys prefer the Z06'06 over the newer Corvettes)see you on the track!

@earth...i do agree that the standard settings when doing arcade time trail is far away of what it should be....but i do like the challange just beceause the car is so loose and you realy have to put in all your skills to realise a quick lap time....

but what i whas referring to is the fact that when you are racing a car on the limit in gt5p,you allways push a car way further to its limits that one would do in real life!!!...
trust me,when you approach a corner with 160mph,and you have to brake full and steer the car into a corner slightly(for example the first righthander at suzuka..)you better know what you are doing!!i have driven the vette alone,and also with a race-instructor from chevrolet,and the vette has more grip than you would initially think but when you go on or slightly over the limit with this car and you are not a experienced driver,you spin or crash!!...(the race instructor allmost **** his pants when i pushed the car to extremes and warned me about the "snappyness" of the car in certain situations...)

i also drove the ferrari 599 a few month ago in italy and this car has more power than the vette but is much more drivable when on the limit,its just a more sofisticated car with more finesse than the corvette,wich is much more pure without any technical stuff....

so,yes i agree with the off settings in arcade mode..but i think that many people dont realise how difficult it actually is to drive a supercar on its limits!....
anyway,just saw that the new corvette zr1 with 650hp is coming out soon!!i cant wait!!....lol.
spyrrari.

👍 Just found this, I will have a blast! May I suggest that you follow the same format for times that GT5:P uses, and only allow one instance of a driver in the table no matter what car they are driving - spyrrari appears in the list 7 times! 👍

👍 Just found this, I will have a blast! May I suggest that you follow the same format for times that GT5:P uses, and only allow one instance of a driver in the table no matter what car they are driving - spyrrari appears in the list 7 times! 👍

The format we use now is that you can use each car that is listed.👍

It is a class race.

2'22.752---Larikun---Chevrolet Corvette Z06 '06
2'23.934---Larikun---Dodge Viper SRT10 Coupe '06

Stupid Viper is still tickin me off, I know I can get more out of it, but it's more touchy with the throttle than the vette is.

Also, no replays sorry x.x; got the times and kept trying to get better but couldn't so I just kinda lost it x.x;

Back