Sprint Cup GT World Challenge S5. Multiclass Gr.3 Series. R3 Bathurst 25/06/21. 2 Spaces Available.

• Thread starter paoloevans
  • 415 comments
Thanx for hosting @paoloevans ! Talk about distractions! I have rubber caps over my analogue sticks and the one on the steering gimbals was slipping, then I had a fly buzzing round in front of the screen, and I didn't have the best driving position so getting a good view of the track ext was dicey. That bloody fly was driving me nutz!

I'm not sure how many 360's I managed, but I know I came off the track more times than any other race I have ever done since I got the game ... my race wasn't 25 laps, it was 20!

It looked like you were having a torrid time mate. Brands is a very punishing circuit.

Still can only get better at Catalunya 👍:cheers:

You've got an epic Season long battle with @Kuraudo to fight for!;)

Thanx for hosting @paoloevans ! Talk about distractions! I have rubber caps over my analogue sticks and the one on the steering gimbals was slipping, then I had a fly buzzing round in front of the screen, and I didn't have the best driving position so getting a good view of the track ext was dicey. That bloody fly was driving me nutz!

I'm not sure how many 360's I managed, but I know I came off the track more times than any other race I have ever done since I got the game ... my race wasn't 25 laps, it was 20!

Damn. I could tell you were struggling given the number of times I saw you during the race, but didn't realize it was that bad for you.

Although to be honest every time I came past you I was picturing you chanting "NO IDORU! NO IDORU! NO IDORU!!!!!!

@paoloevans thank you for the race :) :cheers:.
Congratulations for the winners and everybody :) !
For those who lapped me: I hope I wasn't too erratic or difficult to overtake :nervous:. I'm always stressed out when I see the blue flag.

Wow! This was intense :D !
  • First lap, first corner: giga crash with @Invisigoth :D .
  • Last lap: n00bing with @Totalrose (sorry mate :( :scared:)
  • Last lap, last corner: luck, I mean L U C K . @ThePotatoKing was way faster than me - I've lost 40+(?) seconds to him through the race... I think only the acceleration of the NSX saved my @ss. @ThePotatoKing :cheers:

For those who lapped me: I hope I wasn't too erratic or difficult to overtake :nervous:. I'm always stressed out when I see the blue flag.

• Last lap, last corner: luck, I mean L U C K . @ThePotatoKing was way faster than me - I've lost 40+(?) seconds to him through the race... I think only the acceleration of the NSX saved my @ss. @ThePotatoKing :cheers:

Sounds like you had a great race mate 👍

Yeh, that was my fault. It went something like this :

"Ack! I'm starting mid corner, turn before I make s bee line off the track! Oh crap, there's a bend, tuuurn! Wait what? T1 already? braaaaaake!!!!!!!!!" <thud> "better wait for Dexter to go by before re-entering the track"...apparently you had the same idea :lol:.

ROUND 1 - BRANDS HATCH

Winner: spiner-kopin (Lexus RC F GT3)

Silver Winner: TPC_Kungtotte (Lexus RC F GT3)

AM Winner: Dexter_HUN (Honda NSX GT3)

Pole Position: spiner-kopin (Lexus RC F GT3)

Fastest Lap: Smells_Of_Funk (Porsche 911 RSR)

ROUND 1 @ BRANDS HATCH

Photos Part 1

8079480901326635520_0.jpg
8080043840542638600_0.jpg
8070469301409186304_0.jpg
8080039453165388296_0.jpg
8071032243173229056_0.jpg

This was a great race for me, not just because of the results. In practice I could never manage long runs without going off at least once, but in the race I went all 25 laps without a single off and was able to keep my pace up throughout the race. The Corvette was faster over a single lap but the Lexus is for sure more stable for me, so I'm feeling good about this season.

Great racing everyone, and thank you @paoloevans for hosting.

Thanks @paoloevans for hosting and the great photos. :cheers:

Congrats to the Winners and Podium finishers in their classes! 👍
For me it was the tough race I expected. I always struggle on this track, but in the end i'm happy with the result.

It looked to me as if @Dan Power left the room on lap 7 :confused:

Your welcome mate :cheers:

I have @Dan Power down as finishing 7th. He didn't disappear on my screen! :eek::lol::crazy:

This was a great race for me, not just because of the results. In practice I could never manage long runs without going off at least once, but in the race I went all 25 laps without a single off and was able to keep my pace up throughout the race. The Corvette was faster over a single lap but the Lexus is for sure more stable for me, so I'm feeling good about this season.

Great racing everyone, and thank you @paoloevans for hosting.

Great result mate. Brands will always be my strongest circuit so its up to @Totalrose @Sniparator and the others to reign you in this season!!!

:cheers:

Great result mate. Brands will always be my strongest circuit so its up to @Totalrose @Sniparator and the others to reign you in this season!!!

:cheers:

Brands is without doubt my weakest track on this calendar (although it was better than last seasons race for me), the next two rounds will determine if this season will be a success or not for me as the AMG is more suited to long straights and I've had great success at Barcelona (in FIA races) and Bathurst is the teams home race.

If those races go my way and I can get a half decent result at Laguna Seca (a track far more suited to my Lancer than the AMG) then its game on for Brasil.

Yup, from this point onward it was a drag race to the finish line. I tried my best to get ahead but unfortunately straight line performance isn't included in the Z4's perks, so i lost out at the end. I enjoyed it nonetheless tho, this is the kind of stuff im looking for when i race :lol:!

Looking foward to more close racing like that @Kuraudo :cheers:

Hopefully next race (if I am in a condition to attend) I will have the driver names on there , and a few slogans "Trust no one" on the sides, "I want to believe" on the bonnet, and so that people can see it when they come up behind me to lap on the back "The truth is out there" :P.

Hopefully next race (if I am in a condition to attend) I will have the driver names on there , and a few slogans "Trust no one" on the sides, "I want to believe" on the bonnet, and so that people can see it when they come up behind me to lap on the back "The truth is out there" :P.

Spot on. Wish there was a good Mulder and Scully decal on GTSport. I did attempt an X Files livery on my Viper way back in Season 1.

Thanks @paoloevans for hosting and the great photos. :cheers:

Congrats to the Winners and Podium finishers in their classes! 👍
For me it was the tough race I expected. I always struggle on this track, but in the end i'm happy with the result.

It looked to me as if @Dan Power left the room on lap 7 :confused:

Ah will take a look mate, I do hope so, hard to tell sometimes without a voice chat!

Hopefully be better next time, pace was decent when I wasn't leaving the track! Just nerves, always get like it haha.

@pauloevans cheers for sorting and putting everything together, first time doing an organized league and really enjoyed it

Ah will take a look mate, I do hope so, hard to tell sometimes without a voice chat!

Hopefully be better next time, pace was decent when I wasn't leaving the track! Just nerves, always get like it haha.

@pauloevans cheers for sorting and putting everything together, first time doing an organized league and really enjoyed it

Glad you enjoyed it mate. Look forward to Barcelona 👍:cheers:

Ready to go for Round 2 of my Regularity Championship from Sydney Motorsport Park.
20210424_081352.jpg

**Update**

Out after the Qualifying session with a yet to be fully diagnosed oil leak (hoping it's a minor fix) that we wouldn't have been able to fix at the track on the day.

Car had decent pace and felt good until the issue. Now feels like it's running a cylinder down.

Last edited:
Ready to go for Round 2 of my Regularity Championship from Sydney Motorsport Park.
View attachment 1006312

**Update**

Out after the Qualifying session with a yet to be fully diagnosed oil leak (hoping it's a minor fix) that we wouldn't have been able to fix at the track on the day.

Car had decent pace and felt good until the issue. Now feels like it's running a cylinder down.

That's a shame mate.

Love these updates on the 013 Mitsubishi. Please keep them coming. Good luck for Round 3!

👍:cheers:

Back