SRF on seasonals

Correct SRF makes no sense anyway you look at it. Anyone trying to find justification behind it needs to speak to PD, only they know.

My thoughts: The Real Driving Simulator has now become The Real Arcade Simulator. It makes no sense to force it on, it should be optional at least. Forced SRF is the biggest crock of crap I've seen in this game.

It's because it is GT Academy time again, and the apprentice is doing copy and paste seasonals :lol:. Last year we had that run of those 400, 500, 650pp races. Still, better than nowt.

It's because it is GT Academy time again, and the apprentice is doing copy and paste seasonals :lol:. Last year we had that run of those 400, 500, 650pp races. Still, better than nowt.

I go back to those alot now. Its funny too because these new ones would be better then those if it wasn't for SRF being forced on.

My thoughts: The Real Driving Simulator has now become The Real Arcade Simulator. It makes no sense to force it on, it should be optional at least. Forced SRF is the biggest crock of crap I've seen in this game.

Ha ha ha, and this from someone who consistently says he doesn't race in the Seasonals.

Hey kid, you no playa da game, you no maka da rules!

Ha ha ha, and this from someone who consistently says he doesn't race in the Seasonals.

Hey kid, you no playa da game, you no maka da rules!

I don't play the Seasonals anymore and the forced SRF is exactly why. Not really sure of the point of your reply, its like you're trying to catch me in a lie or something. I don't understand you sometimes.:odd:

I don't play the Seasonals anymore and the forced SRF is exactly why. Not really sure of the point of your reply, its like you're trying to catch me in a lie or something. I don't understand you sometimes.:odd:[/QUOTE

The forced SRF is exactly why you don't play the Seasonals anymore?

You must play different Seasonals to the rest of us then because the Time Trials do not have SRF on, and you haven't posted a time there for a while now, not withstanding you advertise your best Time Trial finish every time you post.

But hey, they can be pretty competitive at times so it's understandable.

Correct SRF makes no sense anyway you look at it. Anyone trying to find justification behind it needs to speak to PD, only they know.

This is what i want to know. I feel that the vast player base that has supported GT deserves an explanation.

In case anyone hasn't read my opinion of SRF on earlier posts, here it is again.

If you don't want to race with SRF on, race only in the Time Trials or in the other games set up online which outlaw it.

I see the Seasonals which have SRF on mostly being for newer players who want to make some serious money, while having a ball.

Other more experienced players also use it to make money when necessary, and some like myself do it for the fun of winning at the lowest PP possible.

Any new race is good fun regardless of SRF etc and anyone can enjoy a new race for the first time.

That about it folks.

In case anyone hasn't read my opinion of SRF on earlier posts, here it is again.

If you don't want to race with SRF on, race only in the Time Trials or in the other games set up online which outlaw it.

I see the Seasonals which have SRF on mostly being for newer players who want to make some serious money, while having a ball.

Other more experienced players also use it to make money when necessary, and some like myself do it for the fun of winning at the lowest PP possible.

Any new race is good fun regardless of SRF etc and anyone can enjoy a new race for the first time.

That about it folks.

Yes but as almost everyone else has said (in this thread), it doesn't make any sense. The more logical option would be to have enabled by default but allow you to switch it off.

I am doing what races when I get a chance; they are still a bit of good earning fun and NCRThree's challenges can make them more interesting. What I don't want to do, though, is get used to SRF as I find it takes away from the driving challenge.

I don't play the Seasonals anymore and the forced SRF is exactly why. Not really sure of the point of your reply, its like you're trying to catch me in a lie or something. I don't understand you sometimes.:odd:[/QUOTE

The forced SRF is exactly why you don't play the Seasonals anymore?

You must play different Seasonals to the rest of us then because the Time Trials do not have SRF on, and you haven't posted a time there for a while now, not withstanding you advertise your best Time Trial finish every time you post.

But hey, they can be pretty competitive at times so it's understandable.

Seriously dude, I have no idea where you are coming from besides just wanting to start an argument with me all the damn time. Your post makes absolutely no sense at all. Not sure why you don't understand. I have not done the Seasonals in a while, TT or otherwise. I have told you this many times, I have been sticking to the WRS TT's and thats it. Also, what in the world are you on about when you say I advertise my best TT finish everytime I post? If you are talking about my sig, that was way, way before this forced SRF thing came into play and has nothing to do with anything. Once again, you are reaching at trying to start an argument with me and I don't understand why. It is getting tiresome Dalone and really needs to stop.

Once again, it's stupid. Why, when you can already ride your bicycle without them, must mommy & daddy put the training wheels back on it? Surely they should ask you if that's what you want?

Once again, it's stupid. Why, when you can already ride your bicycle without them, must mommy & daddy put the training wheels back on it? Surely they should ask you if that's what you want?

Exactly. I have said this before, if Joe Blow wants to use SRF, thats fine, nothing against him. But, don't force me to use it if I don't want to. All aids should be optional, period.

I fully agree that SRF should not be compulsory in the Seasonals, but it is and that's that, and crying about it hasn't changed it, yet.

In the past I have seen people here (Cargo is one) attempt to belittle those who use, or have used, aids which are optionally available in some races.

Now a quick glance at the different threads posted under the GT5 Seasonal Events umbrella which have SRF on shows there are hundreds upon hundreds of contributors, most of whom actually participate in the races, even though some if them bemoan the fact SRF is forced on.

So clearly, many people enjoy these events regardless of what is on or off, and who knows, perhaps SRF is now forced on to remove from the equation those who would attempt to put down racers who find SRF beneficial, or just fun to use sometimes, especially when it helps to build up a new players kitty.

I fully agree that SRF should not be compulsory in the Seasonals, but it is and that's that, and crying about it hasn't changed it, yet.

In the past I have seen people here (Cargo is one) attempt to belittle those who use, or have used, aids which are optionally available in some races.
a
Now a quick glance at the different threads posted under the GT5 Seasonal Events umbrella which have SRF on shows there are hundreds upon hundreds of contributors, most of whom actually participate in the races, even though some if them bemoan the fact SRF is forced on.

So clearly, many people enjoy these events regardless of what is on or off, and who knows, perhaps SRF is now forced on to remove from the equation those who would attempt to put down racers who find SRF beneficial, or just fun to use sometimes, especially when it helps to build up a new players kitty.

Seriously dude, you can stop with your attempt to try and flame me. I have NEVER belittled anyone for using an aid, including SRF. I have joked with you about it (and I made it clear that I was joking) but thats it. I have never, on a serious basis, looked down upon anyone for using an aid. You really need to stop with this crap. You continuously calling me out is really getting old and tiresome. You really need to stop being bitter about things that happened in the past. Lets not forget what started this. You are the one that called me out, telling me how you were going to give me a "real ass whipping" in the Seasonal TT's. So, I went and proved you wrong and now you are bitter. You really need to forget about it and move on and stop with your mud slinging.

Last edited:
Ha ha ha, go on, give us another one.

I recall someone posting a lower PP time in a Seasonal a little while back which had SRF forced on, then when I challenged it and lowered it further, the person in question disappeared and henceforth declared they don't race in Seasonals anymore.

But hey, maybe I just imagined it all, maybe it's just a big joke.

This is what i want to know. I feel that the vast player base that has supported GT deserves an explanation.

I agree, It would be very nice to have a official explanation from PD. I do not expect that will ever happen sadly.

Ha ha ha, go on, give us another one.

I recall someone posting a lower PP time in a Seasonal a little while back which had SRF forced on, then when I challenged it and lowered it further, the person in question disappeared and henceforth declared they don't race in Seasonals anymore.

But hey, maybe I just imagined it all, maybe it's just a big joke.

I think you need to go back and remind yourself what really happened, I mean go back and read the thread closely instead of just interpeting it to how it suits you. I did not disapear just because you challenged it, thats just ridiculous. Come on, you can do better than that, give me a break. You know, if you want to live in your own dillusional little world, thats fine, just leave me out of it. I told you once, but I'll tell you again. Most, if not all, of my time in this game nowadays is spent doing the WRS TT's. If you want to compete with me so bad, then hike up your skirt and join the WRS Registry. If not, thats fine, just stop trying to call me out on everything then. People that know the history between us knows what really happened and how it all unfolded, so you can stop now with trying to make yourself out to be the good guy here and me to be the bad guy. You got your ass whipped after repeatedly calling me out, so deal with it and move on.

3u5p3q.jpg

PD at their bi-monthly seasonals meeting.

Oh, thats good.

Frankly there's a significant dissonance between aspects of reality that PD seem to not understand. The realism of actual gameplay concerning A-Spec and Seasonals is significantly undermined with the inclusion of SRF, inept AI, and the absence of vehicle damage.

Yet tedious features meant to simulate reality like Oil Changes, Break-Ins and Engine Overhauls are included, which makes menu times extremely bloated. A bit of common sense is required in the game design department.

Oh, thats good.

Frankly there's a significant dissonance between aspects of reality that PD seem to not understand. The realism of actual gameplay concerning A-Spec and Seasonals is significantly undermined with the inclusion of SRF, inept AI, and the absence of vehicle damage.

Yet tedious features meant to simulate reality like Oil Changes, Break-Ins and Engine Overhauls are included, which makes menu times extremely bloated. A bit of common sense is required in the game design department.

I agree. PD seems to have went to great lengths to make this a great sim game in some aspects, as their little catch phrase suggests, but then in other aspects, their efforts fall extremely short and I am not just talking about the forced SRF. There are other aspects of the game that also fall short of making this "The Real Driving Simulator", as their catch phrase suggest.

I think you need to go back and remind yourself what really happened, I mean go back and read the thread closely instead of just interpeting it to how it suits you. I did not disapear just because you challenged it, thats just ridiculous. Come on, you can do better than that, give me a break. You know, if you want to live in your own dillusional little world, thats fine, just leave me out of it. I told you once, but I'll tell you again. Most, if not all, of my time in this game nowadays is spent doing the WRS TT's. If you want to compete with me so bad, then hike up your skirt and join the WRS Registry. If not, thats fine, just stop trying to call me out on everything then. People that know the history between us knows what really happened and how it all unfolded, so you can stop now with trying to make yourself out to be the good guy here and me to be the bad guy. You got your ass whipped after repeatedly calling me out, so deal with it and move on.

I call you both out!! Surely you two can beat an old semi driver that's only home 2 days a week and has only been playin since the mid february LoL I'm kidding. I know you two have been bickering since I joined this forum, and probably before then too.
You know Dalone, there's only one way you can settle this. Join the WRS. Man up!!
Btw cargo, when I get accepted to the registry, I'm up for friendly competition. Just gotta get accepted and see what division I'm in, then get started.

I call you both out!! Surely you two can beat an old semi driver that's only home 2 days a week and has only been playin since the mid february LoL I'm kidding. I know you two have been bickering since I joined this forum, and probably before then too.
You know Dalone, there's only one way you can settle this. Join the WRS. Man up!!
Btw cargo, when I get accepted to the registry, I'm up for friendly competition. Just gotta get accepted and see what division I'm in, then get started.

Sounds good to me.👍 Always up for some friendly competition. Congrats on joining and I'm sure you'll enjoy your time spent there.

And just for the record, I don't mind a little smack talk every now and then, its when you get called out on it then get butt hurt because you lost is what irritates me. I enjoy pushing each other and having friendly little competitions because in the end, we will both end up improving. Again, welcome to the WRS and look forward to the friendly competition and fun times. :cheers:

And just to note, there is nothing that needs to be settled between Dalone and I as it already has as far as I'm concerned. He called me out, I responded, he got beat....a few times. Now he carries a chip on his shoulder and an ax to grind. Not my problem, to put it bluntly.

Last edited:
Sounds good to me.👍 Always up for some friendly competition. Congrats on joining and I'm sure you'll enjoy your time spent there.

And just for the record, I don't mind a little smack talk every now and then, its when you get called out on it then get butt hurt because you lost is what irritates me. I enjoy pushing each other and having friendly little competitions because in the end, we will both end up improving. Again, welcome to the WRS and look forward to the friendly competition and fun times. :cheers:

And just to note, there is nothing that needs to be settled between Dalone and I as it already has as far as I'm concerned. He called me out, I responded, he got beat....a few times. Now he carries a chip on his shoulder and an ax to grind. Not my problem, to put it bluntly.

Exactly my thoughts too. I don't mind a little smack talk either, but I also don't like being degraded. Then again, who does? Now if we can just catch up to doodle lol

Yea, I remember those posts with you two and the times. I think he was 1 second behind on a TT, I could be wrong though. Heck Dalone, if anything, you should do the WRS to get faster. Worse that could happen, you don't improve.

Got to say it Dalone - man up or shut up. You're way better than many WRS members - I can say that from seeing your results in your PP competition a while back - so there's no reason not to. There's 70+ year olds and aliens all mixed up in a happy gang. You'd fit right in and have a weekly opportunity to abuse and degrade Mitch through the times you set....just like I do :lol: *stirs vat of retribution with long spoon*

Got to say it Dalone - man up or shut up. You're way better than many WRS members - I can say that from seeing your results in your PP competition a while back - so there's no reason not to. There's 70+ year olds and aliens all mixed up in a happy gang. You'd fit right in and have a weekly opportunity to abuse and degrade Mitch through the times you set....just like I do :lol: *stirs vat of retribution with long spoon*

Oh no you didn't. :lol: Even tho you are two divisions higher than me, I have proved that you too can be beat.:sly: Didn't anyone tell you its not a good idea to poke sticks at snakes.:lol: I will see you on the track my friend.:D

Disclaimer: The above post was meant in a light-hearted manner and should only be taken as such. (I just thought I'd better make that clear before someone takes it out of context.....again.:sly:)

Dalone, pleeeeze give it a break?

Mitch, I'm gonna join as well. Have I got it right?

1.) I need to make a new GTP_******* account on PSN.
2.) Tune up a SLS as much as I want.
3.) I need to do the 2 Merc special events sectors & then submit the 3 times (1, 2 & total) to the 'Bot.
4.) I then wait for my ranking?

Oh no you didn't. :lol: Even tho you are two divisions higher than me, I have proved that you too can be beat.:sly: Didn't anyone tell you its not a good idea to poke sticks at snakes.:lol: I will see you on the track my friend.:D

Disclaimer: The above post was meant in a light-hearted manner and should only be taken as such. (I just thought I'd better make that clear before someone takes it out of context.....again.:sly:)

:bowdown: to the Rat. It's true folks. Mitch has caused me to throw away many hours of my life trying to improve my time without success. That's the fun of the WRS TT's. You make your own competition. BanditKarter's was being first. Mine is beating Mitch (and used to be threatening Argon - but he's becoming phenomenal lately). Everyone sets their own goals and has fun trying to achieve them. And for sure (as they say in F1) when GT6 comes I'll still be WRS-ing. It's more fun than the game ever was.

Dalone, pleeeeze give it a break?

Mitch, I'm gonna join as well. Have I got it right?

1.) I need to make a new GTP_******* account on PSN.
2.) Tune up a SLS as much as I want.
3.) I need to do the 2 Merc special events sectors & then submit the 3 times (1, 2 & total) to the 'Bot.
4.) I then wait for my ranking?

No to 2 - the car is provided as is. BB/TC/ABS etc can be changed via the special in-race controls.
Otherwise spot on.

All submissions must be sent to WRSFetchBot via PM:

You can submit only ONCE (be sure to give it your best effort)
Please give it your best effort as sandbagging is highly frowned upon in the GTP OLR community. It would be greatly appreciated by all GTP Race Admin and participants if you would dedicate at least as much time to the qualifier as you would to a regular WRS event.
Please include in your PM, your GTP_Registry PSN ID, your location (Country) and all 3 times -
Sector 2 Time, Sector 3 Time and Total Time (Sector 2 + Sector 3)
Submit your time, on a single line, in the following format:
User: [GTPlanet ID] PSN: [PSN ID] Country: [Country] Time: [Total time] Split: [Time 1] Split: [Time 2]
eg:
User: EDK PSN: GTP_EDK Country: USA Time: 6'30.153 Split: 2'58.388 Split: 3'31.765
Please name the PM subject title "GTP_WRS Registration". Any ambiguous subject titles can easily be lost.

Your division will be determined by your lap time submission. Please allow for 2-4 weeks from time of submission for your entry to be categorized. Feel free to post in the weekly race threads while you wait for your qualifier to be processed. However, you will not appear in the Splits Leaderboard, and the FetchBot will not accept a submitted laptime until you have been added to the registry.

Oops - sorry about the double post. The wine is having an effect apparently.

Sorry, still not clear. How do I then get the car?

It's 2 of the tests in the AMG Driving School in the Special Events section. The car is provided (like in the recent TT's).

It's sectors 2 & 3 of the intermediate level tests.

Latest Posts

Back