SRF on seasonals

Hey Jaywalker, just read that your joining. Very cool my friend and also look forward to your arrival. Good times and fun competition await. If you have anymore questions, make sure to read the WRS Comprehensive thread I think it is. I don't want to tell you anything off the top of my head that may be wrong. Anyway, good luck with the qualifier and look forward to the fun times. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to put some time into the current TT. Sir Clive seems to be missing me.:lol:

I've done a handful of WRS TT's. Been considering giving it another go. I know how I am with those though. I end up spending every second of GT5 driving on that one Event just to maybe shed a millisecond. Seeing the track in my sleep. Race it all week and then spend Sunday afternoon and Monday night trying some more just to confirm I can't get any faster. Praying for that last second Magic Lap while my eyes are begging me to stop, please, please just turn off the PS3. No just one more lap!!

I've done a handful of WRS TT's. Been considering giving it another go. I know how I am with those though. I end up spending every second of GT5 driving on that one Event just to maybe shed a millisecond. Seeing the track in my sleep. Race it all week and then spend Sunday afternoon and Monday night trying some more just to confirm I can't get any faster. Praying for that last second Magic Lap while my eyes are begging me to stop, please, please just turn off the PS3. No just one more lap!!

Lol, I know what you mean. Sometimes I just can't stop. My back prohibits me from having any marathon sessions tho so I have to stop, otherwise I'll end up stuck in my Playseat. :lol: (Its happened before:ouch:)

You should come back tho, we'll have some fun.👍

Seriously dude, you can stop with your attempt to try and flame me. I have NEVER belittled anyone for using an aid, including SRF. I have joked with you about it (and I made it clear that I was joking) but thats it. I have never, on a serious basis, looked down upon anyone for using an aid. You really need to stop with this crap. You continuously calling me out is really getting old and tiresome. You really need to stop being bitter about things that happened in the past. Lets not forget what started this. You are the one that called me out, telling me how you were going to give me a "real ass whipping" in the Seasonal TT's. So, I went and proved you wrong and now you are bitter. You really need to forget about it and move on and stop with your mud slinging.

Oh dear, sounds like Cargo requires a history lesson.

Firstly I never stated I was;

""going to give you a "real ass whipping" in the Seasonal TT's"", as you claimed above, this is what was actually said, starting with Cargo on Jan 12 11:26am, Time Trial 53 thread. (edited for relevance)

Cargo; "So, sorry you miss me but if there is a Seasonal TT that really strikes my fancy, I'll be back for some fun. Until then, heres a hug and kiss for you, love and miss you too my friend. LMFAO!! (jk of course) "

Dalone: "Bugga, I was hoping you'd turn up here for an ass whipping. Maybe."

And that was it. No threatening or hard talk as has been suggested by Cargo, just friendly banter.

But he is also inaccurate when he says he has NEVER tried to belittle anyone for using an aid, including SRF.
He has done so on many occasions including this one, 14 Jan same thread.

Dalone;
All good then.
PS, tell your daughter for me that I'm sorry she's not allowed to have too much fun playing.

Cargo:
"She has all the fun she wants while playing. She especially has fun laughing at you guys driving with training wheels on. (SRF) Its not my choice for her to drive without aids, its hers. After all, she is 21, old enough to make her own decisions. "

Now as someone who only uses SRF when it's forced on I find his constant training wheel posts a little sad, that's about it, however there are many newer players who do use the entirely legal SRF when it's available, for whatever reason, who could be justified in thinking Cargo was belittling/mocking them while boasting of his superiority (and we recently witnessed Cargo berating someone for doing just that, boasting).

Cargo's put downs are what I disagree with.

Dude, seriously, get a life and leave me alone. You got your ass whipped, now deal with it.

Now, to your post. Nice try, but that was not me belittling anyone. You know full well that that was one of our friendly "bantering" moments. Why don't you try posting the whole conversation instead of just taking the parts that suit you. Anyone that knows me will know that all your crap is a damn lie. I have never directly belittled anyone or boosted how superior I am. You are really pissing me off with your childish crap. If you're going to give a history lesson, get your damn facts straight. Furthermore, my daughter is the one that mentioned the training wheel bit, I was only repeating what she said. And yes, I too refer to SRF as training wheels, but that is like my "sarcastic term" for that aid because that is how it acts like. It is not meant as a knock on anyone who uses SRF. Its funny how you are using, what you full well knew at the time, to be friendly banter between us against me now. Give it a break Dalone, you haven't got a leg to stand on here and you are really reaching now. It really pisses me off to hear you say that I belittle people and constantly put them down when I am the exact opposite. I will go out of my way to help people in any way I can. I never claim to be the best nor do I look down on people, as you say. You really need to accept the fact that you lost and stop dragging this on. My part in this is done as I haven't the time or interest to carry it on. You say that you don't have the time to put into the WRS. Well, if you quit with all this crap here, you would have more than enough time. Now, one last time, stop calling me out everytime I post in these Seasonal threads, I'm getting tired of it.

Cargo, I never stated that I was,

""going to give you a "real ass whipping" in the Seasonal TT's"", as your embellished post claimed.

So you fail on that point.

And I have never said you couldn't beat me, in fact I have said I expect you likely always will, or something to that effect, unlike your own statement;

"Beating your time will never be a problem."

Except when I have achieved a lower PP than you have it seems.

And I'm too casual a driver to join dedicated race events like the one you always talk about, I'm more a Seasonal man, Time Trials etc etc is about it, hardly ever go in online racing now. Just too much other stuff to do, especially with young kids.

And you refuse to participate in the Seasonals because you are too busy doing your thing.

It's a wonder our paths even cross anymore as I mostly stick to Seasonal topics. Just lucky I guess.

*....clip...*And I'm too casual a driver to join dedicated race events like the one you always talk about, I'm more a Seasonal man, Time Trials etc etc is about it, hardly ever go in online racing now. Just too much other stuff to do, especially with young kids.

You really should take a look at the WRS. It's not just about doing on-line races. I don't have the time or skill to participate in those but love doing Time trials like you. I think you really would get a kick out of the WRS. It took me a long time to decide to join because I didn't think I was anywhere near good enough and now I know for sure I'm not but I still have a lot of fun and there are some really great guys in the WRS

Give it some more consideration, I know you'd enjoy it :cheers:

Well another predictably forced SRF Event up now. This time PD removed the last Seasonal Event from the end which was the 450pp Japanese Classic Event and replaced it with the latest Event. It was of course a non forced SRF race set. So it looks like the old Events will now be removed to allow for SRF ONLY Events. Best run them while you still can.

I've put up another Clean Run Challenge with a No SRF Event. I'll try and utilize the early Seasonals for CRC's while they are still available.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=282794

who cares about SRF, just play the game and stop whining!!! what they should do is stop using comfort tyres on over 400pp events, think British lightweight is an example off memory, can tune the car how you like, but you cant put so much power through crap tyres, ive been trying the events with 300+hp mgf/tf's and it just doesn't work on comforts..

challenge goes to plain stupidity.

Because "Who cares? Stop complaing." has always been such a wonderful argument.

Anyway, with GT6 on the horizon, I've given all hope that PD will make this game better and I removed all traces of GT5 from my PS3. Hopefully, PD has heard the complaints and stupid decesions like forced SRF have been weeded out for GT6.

Anyway, with GT6 on the horizon, I've given all hope that PD will make this game better and I removed all traces of GT5 from my PS3. Hopefully, PD has heard the complaints and stupid decesions like forced SRF have been weeded out for GT6.

I fear they've disregarded the complaints because they haven't stopped doing it to every new seasonal. Maybe they're still getting plenty of attendance with forced SRF and think the change is for the better. But amen to your post - GT5 was fun for 2 years and I played almost nothing else for many hours a night... but forced SRF really turned me off. I switched to another console racing game and immediately wished I had done that long ago, so maybe I should thank PD's misguided decisions for inspiring me to look elsewhere. But it's too bad that now I'll be cautious of GT6 rather than excited. And that's if PD get an update out before the other game does.

Back