SRT TOMAHAWK VISION GT OT (Now available)

Remember my previous post?

19232384201_38fdb2bb33_c.jpg

19222690962_6baf39e546_c.jpg

Each face represents a thousand horsepower injected to the car. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Last edited:
This is why my favourite VGT so far has been the BMW one, it's wild and futuristic yet realistic and has all the legendary design cues of it's manufacturer. The SRT on the other hand is a ridiculous dream, like the Chaparral, it's nothing but an ego trip for a design team to compete on a virtual world with made up figures and technologies.

There's a huge mess of priorities at PD headquarters...

PD doesn't design the cars for the last goddamned time.

Nor they decide the specifications as well. You want to pin the blame on someone because a VGT car is "unrealistic"? Blame the brands themselves, not PD. PD only accepts whatever the manufacturers come up when it comes to design and specifications, as these two things are created by the manufacturers, not PD.

And if people believe that PD's priorities are being misused towards the so-called "unrealistic" cars on the VGT project, it's because they do not know that PD has a commitment with these brands to put the cars in the game. Like them or not, PD cannot refuse a car from a manufacturer just because someone claims that the car is nothing but a ego trip for engineers. Even if the car may be as far-fetched as the Tomahawk X, if SRT wants to have the car as part of the VGT project, PD will not refuse it as they would be breaking the deal made with SRT and in turn cause all sorts of problems for both sides. Perhaps if people could consider this, we wouldn't have to repeat this over and over again.

Last edited:
I don't see why some people are so against these extreme cars. A simulator represents something as it would exist in real life, meaning that the thing represented does not have to actually exist.

So just because it doesn't, must you really go about saying "these cars are unrealistic and ridiculous etc"?

@Griffith500 on the subject of sound, as I suspected that video at Laguna seca made the car sound very different. That high rev buzz is 100% 10 cylinder note.

This is why my favourite VGT so far has been the BMW one, it's wild and futuristic yet realistic and has all the legendary design cues of it's manufacturer. The SRT on the other hand is a ridiculous dream, like the Chaparral, it's nothing but an ego trip for a design team to compete on a virtual world with made up figures and technologies.

There's a huge mess of priorities at PD headquarters...

I agree with you on both the BMW and the SRT. It's understandable that the designers might be having a field day with this project as some of them seem to have designed the type of cars that a 10 year old would draw in his notebook while dreaming of someday driving a car that looked like his/her drawing. The BMW, on the other hand, looks and drives wonderfully. Of course, just like everything else in life, there are going to be many, many people who hold the opposite opinion of you and I. That's totally fine. People like what they like.

Nor they decide the specifications as well. You want to pin the blame on someone because a VGT car is "unrealistic"? Blame the brands themselves, not PD. PD only accepts whatever the manufacturers come up when it comes to design and specifications, as these two things are created by the manufacturers, not PD.

And if people believe that PD's priorities are being misused towards the so-called "unrealistic" cars on the VGT project, it's because they do not know that PD has a commitment with these brands to put the cars in the game. Like them or not, PD cannot refuse a car from a manufacturer just because someone claims that the car is nothing but a ego trip for engineers. Even if the car may be as far-fetched as the Tomahawk X, if SRT wants to have the car as part of the VGT project, PD will not refuse it as they would be breaking the deal made with SRT and in turn cause all sorts of problems for both sides. Perhaps if people could consider this, we wouldn't have to repeat this over and over again.

I see where you're coming from, but it would have been VERY easy for PD to tell manufacturers, "Do not design a street car with more 1000hp. Do not design a race car with more than 1400hp. Do not INVENT any new technologies", or something along those lines. Perhaps PD told all the manufacturers "You can do whatever the hell you want!", but I doubt it. I'm sure they put some kind of stipulations into the VGT program agreement. Obviously, they were very loose with their guidelines, but I'm positive there were some, even if they were just guidelines that had to be followed for PD's modelling or lighting or programmers sake.

... A simulator represents something as it would exist in real life, meaning that the thing represented does not have to actually exist.
That doesn't make any sense. If a simulator, by your definition, represents something as it would exist in real life, then how can you say it doesn't have to exist in real life? And that's exactly one of the reasons I loathe so many of these VGT cars. It's one thing to design a car's appearance to be wild and unconventional, but I have a hard time believing that those little (carbon fiber?) pop-ups on the SRT X would magically allow a car to take corners at 320+ MPH just because SRT says so. Ever notice how the wildest and craziest prototypes at car shows from years gone by tend to either A) never get made or B) get made with radically different design elements? The real laws of physics are a lot crueler than the GT6 laws of physics.

One more time...The one thing PD has going for itself is people are going to have different opinions. I'm sure that someone who is in love with these VGT cars could list 100 reasons on why these cars are fantastic and will work in the real world. Like they say...Opinions are like buttholes. Everybody's got one. And everybody's stinks! :lol:

I see where you're coming from, but it would have been VERY easy for PD to tell manufacturers, "Do not design a street car with more 1000hp. Do not design a race car with more than 1400hp. Do not INVENT any new technologies", or something along those lines. Perhaps PD told all the manufacturers "You can do whatever the hell you want!", but I doubt it. I'm sure they put some kind of stipulations into the VGT program agreement. Obviously, they were very loose with their guidelines, but I'm positive there were some, even if they were just guidelines that had to be followed for PD's modelling or lighting or programmers sake.

I do see your point, make no mistake about that. But if PD doesn't say "No" to the wacky ideas that some manufacturers come up with, what else can be said about that? They don't refuse it, the manufacturers giddle with excitement, and the crazy projects are given the green light for release. As you said, the guideline for the VGT project are quite loose, and I bet many would love to exploit the loopholes within said guidelines. PD didn't tell the associated brands to go wham on the cars, but they didn't say "be somewhat reasonable with the cars" either. That's why there are two sides to the VGTs; cars like the BMW, who think within the current era of automobiles while looking towards the future, and cars like the SRT, who just look really ahead of their time, regardless of said time still being far away when it comes to technology/laws of physics. And from some of the features that these cars have (the laser propulsion of the Chaparral and the flap sounds of the Tomahawk X) could be seen as ways of testing Gran Turismo's ingame engine, you could even call them test beds for future Gran Turismo features (they're small touches, granted, but it counts).

It'd be worst if we only had one side of the coin, no? Either too reasonable or too crazy, but we do have both. And the crazy cars are few and far between... So there is that. There's something for everyone when it comes to VGT cars, unless you despise concept cars that is.

But in the end, it's as you say; opinions are indeed like buttholes. :lol:

I agree with you on both the BMW and the SRT. It's understandable that the designers might be having a field day with this project as some of them seem to have designed the type of cars that a 10 year old would draw in his notebook while dreaming of someday driving a car that looked like his/her drawing. The BMW, on the other hand, looks and drives wonderfully. Of course, just like everything else in life, there are going to be many, many people who hold the opposite opinion of you and I. That's totally fine. People like what they like.

That doesn't make any sense. If a simulator, by your definition, represents something as it would exist in real life, then how can you say it doesn't have to exist in real life? And that's exactly one of the reasons I loathe so many of these VGT cars. It's one thing to design a car's appearance to be wild and unconventional, but I have a hard time believing that those little (carbon fiber?) pop-ups on the SRT X would magically allow a car to take corners at 320+ MPH just because SRT says so. Ever notice how the wildest and craziest prototypes at car shows from years gone by tend to either A) never get made or B) get made with radically different design elements? The real laws of physics are a lot crueler than the GT6 laws of physics.

One more time...The one thing PD has going for itself is people are going to have different opinions. I'm sure that someone who is in love with these VGT cars could list 100 reasons on why these cars are fantastic and will work in the real world. Like they say...Opinions are like buttholes. Everybody's got one. And everybody's stinks! :lol:
"As it would exist in real life", not "As it does exist in real life"

@GTPorsche i find the sound particularly exciting as it is a glimpse at how the 905 should sound in gt7. Here's hoping to the addition of more high revving v10 cars, the noise is just heavenly.

My brain... The Tomahawk X at Nordschleife Seasonal... I don't think I've ever done a seasonal as mentally exhausting as THAT. A car that handles unpredictably beyond convention, is pretty much as wide as the track, and so low that any bump in any shape or form will just derail it should never be paired with the Nordschleife. Still, I was mad enough to do a lap flat out just to see how I'd do - with the DF GT, I managed to scrape in a 3:51:898.

...I'm not going through that again. Never again.

Last edited:
@GTDriver1230 I agree that it was mentally exhausting, but how about physically exhausting? My hands were absolutely killing me!! And I didn't run this event for hours and hours like some people. Still, it was just so much fast wheel action...Oh, they were killing me after that event. :mad:

@GTDriver1230 I agree that it was mentally exhausting, but how about physically exhausting? My hands were absolutely killing me!! And I didn't run this event for hours and hours like some people. Still, it was just so much fast wheel action...Oh, they were killing me after that event. :mad:
You have just made me aware that my feet and arms are aching. The amount of driver input I had to do in that lap, mainly due to clipping the grass or hitting the kerb just that bit too hard, is far too high. So much that the telemetry goes crazy for steering, acceleration and braking input. It's madness, especially since I just about did the sections up to Aremberg flat out with minimal braking.

Now my brain is somewhat coming back to me, I have to say this seasonal event was oddly fun, though I think this is because of the huge satisfaction I had when I banked in the clean lap.

Last edited:
no difference, it sounds how I expected it to as well. Laguna seca vid somehow cancelled out the v10 note at high rpm.

That's probably due to the fact that there can't be 5 separate exhaust sources in the current implementation of AES, only one. So there's a secondary, residual 10th order tone that wouldn't be there on the "real thing", at least not to the same degree.

I don't understand the whole debat over "it can't be real" type arguments here. It's a game, sure it's the "real driving simulator", but it's something cool and it adds a bit more variety to the game. People always freaked out when someone brought a Red Bull into an online lobby, the way I see it, we now have something that can go head to head with it.

That and I'm sure it was a different, almost fun, project for the design teams for the companies. No limits to physics, budgets, or even a real timeline for it.

This is all just my opinion on it; to each his own. If I don't like a VGT, I simply won't drive it. I like the Tomahawk, the X is a bit overkill for me, but it's something different.

Yeah, with the retracted wings (Nitrous button), slipstream and some modifications to the transmission.

Yep. I thought it was without slipstream. :) With slipstream I did 791 and the guy I was racing with managed a 801 km/h so it's Ok. :)

Without slipstream I reach 710 max.

Sorry for the out of topic, but how do you get the tomahawk racing suit?

By downloading the update, really. Once you open the game after updating, a message should appear saying that you've unlocked all three suits, and they will be automatically added to your set of racing suits.

By downloading the update, really. Once you open the game after updating, a message should appear saying that you've unlocked all three suits, and they will be automatically added to your set of racing suits.
Thanks, but that didn't happen to me. I just can't find the suits.

Back