SSRX Alternate Route Found (+more)

• Thread starter KinLM
  • 516 comments

Do you believe that the alternate SSRX will end up in the game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I do :lol:, but I'm getting way to curious. Last few days have been anger and confusion regarding these "missing" tracks sticking their heads up again.
I doubt there's more to find on this track. This could have been here since gt5, meaning they just abandoned it. Pd should know we know about it, now I know it's there, it's just gonna annoy me

I doubt there's more to find on this track. This could have been here since gt5, meaning they just abandoned it. Pd should know we know about it, now I know it's there, it's just gonna annoy me
I dunno, why leave useless datas in a game that has so many problems and bugs di per se?
Even if they have zero impact performance speaking, they'd be cleaned and put out just for order

Honestly, this track has bugged me since it came to GT5. It looks as good as finished, except for those stupid walkbridges and pilars sticking out of the ground and I just can't get my head around the fact that they just left it there while this track has huge potential for testing etc.

I dunno, why leave useless datas in a game that has so many problems and bugs di per se?
Even if they have zero impact performance speaking, they'd be cleaned and put out just for order
But it's presumably been there since the track was released, and that's 2 or 3 years ago now. I hope it is released though.

Nobody would know of it without hacking the game so why should they really care if something is left hidden in the game if it has no impact to users? It could be used by PD as a test track for new cars testing out how they react to extreme conditions or even for PD to test/work on the physics engine itself in a very unrealistic track that goes against the grain of the game but still suits their needs for testing.

Also if it already was in GT5 it would've been discovered way earlier. The fact it is in GT6 code means it isn't legacy stuff carried over. Although what you say about abandoned project could be a possibility, that they were working on it inbetween games and then stumbled upon problems.

Also if it already was in GT5 it would've been discovered way earlier. The fact it is in GT6 code means it isn't legacy stuff carried over. Although what you say about abandoned project could be a possibility, that they were working on it inbetween games and then stumbled upon problems.
Let's put it this way, I will be very, very sad if we never see this track.

...Technically speaking these things were found "illegally" after decrypting and searching through GT6's data...

In no way has PD "teased" us this content. It's either legacy code and data carried from past iterations, or items mistakenly placed in an update. Either way, we weren't supposed to see it.
I know. That's what I was getting at.

Yet we have a thread full of hopeful posts on its "return" to the series, ranging from whether it'll be the paved version or a mix of gravel/tarmac, to things like how PD will incorporate a race event with it into the game. Yet neither PD or PP have even hinted at the possibility of it happening.

At least with KW, we had some implication from 1 side that there was going to be more to the collaboration than originally thought.
It will probably be similar to the Goodwood Festival of Speed. Pikes Peak is a point to point track.

What interests me now is how Jordan plans to 'word' the initial discovery of this, when he posts the news story he mentioned earlier in the thread. 'Beat around the bush' or directly-question everything ?

Btw, what happened with the 'Weekly Rewind' ?, I was thinking of submitting a tune and realized I haven't seen a 'Tune of the week' for awhile.

You know what? If PD starting communicating with us...

You mean More so than they already do with the GT6 News section, PitStop Blog, and Q & A session. If they communicated any more the Hype train would go nuts micro analyzing every last word speculating on every sentence even more than they do already. They would have to employ a team to keep up with the GTP hype train, do you really think it's even possible for them to keep up? I certainly don't believe for one second it would slow the train down, I fully believe it will only speed it up.

You mean More so than they already do with the GT6 News section, PitStop Blog, and Q & A session. If they communicated any more the Hype train would go nuts micro analyzing every last word speculating on every sentence even more than they do already. They would have to employ a team to keep up with the GTP hype train, do you really think it's even possible for them to keep up? I certainly don't believe for one second it would slow the train down, I fully believe it will only speed it up.
No they need to communicate properly. The GT6 news section is fine but things like the PitStop blog (where mostly events are discussed) and the Q&A of which only 1 question has been answered so far could be made a bit better. If they could post little development update every once in a while or actually answer some of the many questions asked in the Q&A so we have an idea of how things are going, that would be great.

The list that @Whistle Snap discovered shares a lot with the 25 images that were found on the GT5 website a few years ago. Hopefully this means that PD are continuing to bring back classic tracks from GT4. I just wish Midfield and Citta di Aria had been in the GT6 data. Who knows if we'll ever get any of this in the form of Updates, Paid DLC, or GT7.

Grand Canyon, Hong Kong, Ice Race (Ice Arena???), Infineon, Paris Tarmace (Opera Pairs, George V Paris???), Seattle, Tahiti Maze, Valencia, Yosemite (El Capitan), and Yosemite Dirt (Cathedral Rocks (Dirt), (Dirt Mini???), (Dirt Short???) all appear on both lists.

We know that Piazza del Campo was supposed to be part of GT5, but removed because of a legal battle over the use of Siena's flags. The no-flags version may still make to GT someday.

We assume that we lost Infineon due to licensing issues, but the track is now called Sonoma Raceway. However, track ownership has not changed and there may still be unresolved licensing issues between PD and Speedway Motorsports. Plus an update would be required to replace any Infineon logos with Sonoma logos.

We can only hope that the SSRX Alternate Route X gets added someday. Who doesn't want to see which cars can drive upside-down and which can't.

Seattle may have been derailed by the massive construction project that is taking place on the real-life start/finish straight. I've posted about that before here.

Perhaps Smokey Mountain South replaced Swiss Alps because of similarity to Eiger Nordwand and/or the Dirt Matterhorn discovery.

I don't know why Valencia was lost, but I'd love to play it. I never had TT or GTPSP.

GT6 Files:
campo
grandcanyon
hongkong
icerace
infineon
paris_tarmac
routex
seattle
smokey mountain south
tahiti maze
valencia
yosemite
yosemite_dirt

GT5 Website Images:
  1. Super Speedway
  2. Driving Park (20r60r)
  3. Apricot Hill
  4. Citta di Aria
  5. Costa di Amalfi
  6. Grand Canyon
  7. Hong Kong
  8. Ice Arena
  9. Infineon Raceway
  10. Driving Park (Kashiwa)
  11. Las Vegas
  12. Midfield Raceway
  13. Twin Ring Motegi
  14. New York
  15. George V Paris
  16. Opera Paris (Tarmac)
  17. Seattle Circuit
  18. Seoul Circuit
  19. Swiss Alps South
  20. Tahiti Maze
  21. Valencia Circuit
  22. El Capitan
  23. Cathedral Rocks (Dirt)
  24. Cathedral Rocks (Dirt Mini)
  25. Cathedral Rocks (Dirt Short)

No they need to communicate properly. The GT6 news section is fine but things like the PitStop blog (where mostly events are discussed) and the Q&A of which only 1 question has been answered so far could be made a bit better. If they could post little development update every once in a while or actually answer some of the many questions asked in the Q&A so we have an idea of how things are going, that would be great.
Remind me, what does this have to do with hidden tracks?

I respectfully disagree. They answered many questions in the Q&A not only 1, they answered the questions that were asked during the Q&A, they didn't come here to note down any questions from GTP to make sure they answered them, they I assume figured if it was important to GTP somebody from GTP would of asked them at the Q&A, they made it clear when and where the Q&A was and open to anybody. If only one of the GTP questions got answered the problem is more how come only 1 GTP question got asked.

I wouldn't expect PD to communicate anything about a hidden track that they may have no intentions of bringing to the game. What do you expect, ""Notice from PD, if your hacking our game and find codes for hidden tracks we don't plan on releasing them""" Or do you expect them to say "Hey we are going to bring Course Maker on Dec 22 2014" in early June, only to have people lose their mind when it arrives in Jan instead because of unforeseen glitches. They have given us all the info that we need, more so. Wanting more info doesn't mean we need it or its a good thing.

Last edited:
I thought it was Smokey Mountain South as it was named 'smtsouth' but I opened the file and it was the Swiss Alps track.

The images for those tracks:

tracks1duw6.jpg

Logos were in numerous folders but I think I got them all:

tracklogoucu06.jpg

There's nothing else of interest :(

<course_code label="madrid_short" />
<course_layout_no value="0" />
<is_omedeto_difficulty value="0" />
<map_offset_world_x value="0" />
<map_offset_world_y value="0" />
<map_scale value="0" />
<use_generator value="0" />
- <course_generator_param>
<use_random_seed value="0" />
<seed value="0" />
<course_generator_kind value="GENERATOR_CIRCUIT" />
<course_generator_length_type value="LENGTH" />
<lengthy value="0" />
<course_name value="" />
</course_generator_param>
http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=137859211

This caught my eye.

Events make reference to the course creator, and in this case, it doesn't appear to be used. Although it still characterises the track as a "generator circuit", which could just be a default value (and a bad one at that).

I wonder if it has anything to do with the below, 1:04

Or here at 0:55

And the free roam comments Kaz came out with just after GT5 launched, plus all the difficulty with rendering free roam environments, and the progress made on that front already, exhibited by Sierra. Finally, there's good old Ronda.

Clearly we're looking at fundamental changes to the way tracks / locations are used.

EDIT: some of the Driving Park names are new: Beginner Course, Gymkhana Course, Kart Track A to E, Pylon Slalom, Motorland, Test Course, Split μ.

Last edited:
I knew the GT4 tracks were legacy files. But I think I see some touch-ups in some tracks. But Hong Kong has no safety barriers?!?!

I've heard that GT PSP can be hacked to include missing tracks that were hidden in the game like Smokey Mountain, Rome GT3, SSR5, and even Hong Kong, but that got me thinking, if the Hong Kong track in a hacked GT PSP had no barriers like the hidden files GT6 have shown.

I knew the GT4 tracks were legacy files. But I think I see some touch-ups in some tracks. But Hong Kong has no safety barriers?!?!

I've heard that GT PSP can be hacked to include missing tracks that were hidden in the game like Smokey Mountain, Rome GT3, SSR5, and even Hong Kong, but that got me thinking, if the Hong Kong track in a hacked GT PSP had no barriers like the hidden files GT6 have shown.
Looks like it did in GT4 to me, but I could have missed something.

Great site here: tcrf.net/Gran_Turismo_(PSP)

Back