SSRX Alternate Route Found (+more)

• Thread starter KinLM
  • 515 comments

Do you believe that the alternate SSRX will end up in the game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
United States
Azle, Texas, USA
GTP_KinLM
KinLM
From another thread. All credit goes to the magnificent @Whistle Snap

RX course map and underground / water test tunnel found in GT6 data:

routex.img32sai.jpg

routex.imghau3o.jpg

My biggest question in this.

From the photos, it looks modeled. If that's the case, why has this not been put to use so far? It would undoubtedly be a favorite.

Last edited:
Okay, WHY haven't they modeled this and put this in the game? That looks awesome. It looks like an amalgamation of Daytona Road Course and Complex String.
Looks like Suzuka East. lol
Yeah, the straight section followed by the esses do give off a Suzuka East vibe.

So, any ideas on what to call this track?

Okay, WHY haven't they modeled this and put this in the game? That looks awesome. It looks like an amalgamation of Daytona Road Course and Complex String.

Yeah, the straight section followed by the esses do give off a Suzuka East vibe.

So, any ideas on what to call this track?
A good portion of it is already fully textured. If you look on the off-ramp near the beginning of the lap as well as at the gymkhana area on the back straight, the textures are at least as high-res as the track itself is.

Ok, i can instantly see a thing that PD would do to annoy quite a few people: if they make this a track, i bet there will be invisible walls halfway up that underwater pipe. That looks so amazing, but i wouldn't put it past PD to just be all like 'eh, no-one wants to drive upside down for a while and do loops and such, why bother?' :rolleyes::lol:

Also, it does look planned. it even has road paint and stuff, so it was probably nearly finished. Please PD? A silly little Christmas present? any excuse, because i really want to see what happens in that tunnel! and could you imagine online races? you would just be driving along, then someone would decide to do a loop and smash everyone in the sides!

Ok I like the look of that! It looks like it would be a lot of fun to play around on. Thus PD won't release it, or like Chameleon said they'll fill it so full of invisible walls it won't be near as fun as it could be! (See Top Gear Test Track, locking down Willow Springs off-roading) Although I do have to give PD some credit, the Sierra track was a very nice 'loosen-your-tie and have a little fun' track from PD so maybe they are a bit more inclined to release something that could be a bit more on the fun side of things. We'll see.

I know I've been a Negative Nancy lately, but this kind of changes my feelings towards Gran Turismo a bit. This is like Complex String reborn; one of my favorite tracks of all time!

Now; the question is if PD wants to (or can) keep adding Quality Content like this or Sierra, or just keep in the shadows for months and just release VGT's and re-skinned cars every now and then.

If they ever release this track, I would be happy to pay for it and go back to GT.

My suggestion to Yamauchi Sama is that if they don't have the time or the personnel to model more cars, that they at least release this track (provided that it's fully modeled), the other open GT Arena Layout, and some old original tracks as a pack. Also, to that DLC, include a patch to let us choose tire and fuel depletion in Arcade mode.

It's now clear that PD are definitely not comprised of genius eccentrics. They are, in fact, positively crazy.

No time to turn standard cars into premium models. All the time in the world to create fully detailed and textured areas of circuits that no one can see or use. :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
It's now clear that PD are definitely not comprised of genius eccentrics. They are, in fact, positively crazy.

No time to turn standard cars into premium models. All the time in the world to create fully detailed and textured areas of circuits that no one can see or use. :confused:
Its interesting how forza's 'orginal' tracks are all stupid and unrealistic, and GT's are brilliant. But when PD create this silly track, everyone is hyped! Although, even this is still less silly than forza's, and this one looks DAMN FUN TO DRIVE ON!!! :dopey:

Last edited by a moderator:
This probably couldv'e been the devs just playing around during their lunch break without the intent of ever releasing it. :P Especially with the words "End of can't" :P lol

...I think it's time to make my PS3 not broken...

...And I can't be the only one here imagining the utterly massive crashfests that these will be creating online:

image.jpg

image.jpg

I so hope this is coming out soon, it looks wicked... I'd imagine it is, considering how likely it is that a massive Spec II update will happen around the 1-year anniversary, similar to GT5.

I'm actually really curious as to how aerodynamics, centrifugal force, and grip will be simulated on those loops and inverted banks... I can't wait to try them...

...As well as GT6...

*Edit

I actually really like the idea of insanely unrealistic tracks combined with reasonably realistic physics :P.

Story of my life with GT5's course creator. 👍

Last edited:
With this track we can do this :D (watch at 1:00)

Or this 💡 (watch at 2:20)

PD even used it in a teaser before (watch at 2:04)

I hope PD would release this "extension" in the future, but seeing as SSRX was already in since GT5 and they never even acknowledged the extra roads (besides the clip in the NSX teaser), I'm not holding my hopes up.

Prove me wrong PD.

BTW, anyone knows how to embed a video with a timestamp?

Last edited:
But the great thing is that its not really that unrealistic! Yeah, i mean no-one would ever build it in real life, what with the ridiculous cost and sheer pointlessness, but other than that, it perfectly possible!
Yeah. It's a bit like Cape ring, in that it's unrealistic for any race track to look like that because of safety concerns, but it is technically possible to build.

I think they don't release it because in online you don't have the same air abilities as offline, for instance you can not roll your car and so on.. Something is holding them.

Back