SSRX Alternate Route Found (+more)

• Thread starter KinLM
  • 516 comments

Do you believe that the alternate SSRX will end up in the game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This probably couldv'e been the devs just playing around during their lunch break without the intent of ever releasing it. :P Especially with the words "End of can't" :P lol
This is not something that is put together remotely close to that. This was clearly done to be released at some point. Maybe they changed their minds.

I just want another update. They are due for 1.14.

Maybe this was part of the Quantum Leap in DLC originally announced by Sony Computer Entertainment Europe’s President and CEO, Jim Ryan, back in August last year? Kinda fits...

ohboy.jpg

Sam Beckett failed to deliver this time.. :(

Needless to say this track would be great to drive on. It has a bit of everything like the spiral, tunnel and bankings but just a bit extreme, would pay to play this track and have some shenanigans online

After looking at that tunnel pic...I guarantee you can drive upside down through that tunnel with cars that generate enough downforce and probably road cars at speeds fast enough, whilst climbing the wall at the correct angle. There are lane markers on the ceiling, the side of the tunnel, etc. They kept them so you have the same perspective as being right side up. There are probably several reasons this hasn't been released. The biggest is probably then fact that it would showcase how ridiculous some of the flaws are in the physics engine. Has to be.

The track list on neogaf is interesting. I hope those are not left over files and they're coming. They look well rendered and it would be weird that they take up useless space (if they were leftovers from gt4/5/PSP)...it would be simple to remove them...

After looking at that tunnel pic...I guarantee you can drive upside down through that tunnel with cars that generate enough downforce and probably road cars at speeds fast enough, whilst climbing the wall at the correct angle. There are lane markers on the ceiling, the side of the tunnel, etc. They kept them so you have the same perspective as being right side up. There are probably several reasons this hasn't been released. The biggest is probably then fact that it would showcase how ridiculous some of the flaws are in the physics engine. Has to be.
If the track comes eventually and the tunnel works properly, I'm going to try this with my Fiat Panda

Last edited:
This excites me beyond belief.

Me too, but is the statement that Spec 2 will bring greatness based on anything other than hidden assets which may have been in the game since 1.00, because if so, it doesn't really change much... they haven't released it so far, what is to say that Spec 2 will bring more tracks? Don't want to be a pessimist, just want to be clear on what is known and what is speculation :(

I think he's not an insider :P

But based on these two posts (And knowing how Amar is with his posts) he's got information

Gran Turismo 6: Spec II - 19.99, December 6th, PS3 (digital download, update 2.00) / PS4 (digital download)

Book it!
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=128135078&postcount=7504

Come on Wax, somebody will quote this somewhere and hell will be unleashed :)

Don't do this :))
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=128141288&postcount=7505

That insider hinted at a Spec 2.0 for a December release back in June...

As long as it contains the course creator I'm happy.

We'll see.
Idk where the hint was in June, but they would have to be total morons to NOT release it before Christmas. The thing still sells for 39.99 at Walmart of all places. Pretty sure it is about 40USD everywhere in the states. It has nothing new going for it. There were four pieces to all of the updates that were actually decent. Crap like gauges are cool, but they're rarely used. I have them installed in cars...never use them. Only the fuel gauge in super license races.

The only REALLY good additions in my eyes (not including glitch fixes like the old tire wear issue with the second set lasting for a different duration on the same compound), were...physics updates, a FFb update that was ruined with a hot fix patch for g27 users, sierra...I honestly can't recall anything else that wasn't including in the game that was a great addition to continous or actual gameplay. 99.99999% of players did the senna and sierra special contents once and now use the car and track on their own.

It doesn't have much going for it right now to attract more sales before or immediately after christmas. Those are obviously the points in time where they could get rid of more copies in an amount that is basically redundant in itself. I would be surprised if 20 new copies of the game is purchased everyday here in the US.

This is not something that is put together remotely close to that. This was clearly done to be released at some point. Maybe they changed their minds.

I just want another update. They are due for 1.14.
I'm not saying they did it in a day. They probably did it over the course of a few weeks or month. It still looks like an inside joke to me. I remember what lunch break was like at the software company I worked for. And as a former 3D modeler. I could make the picture from the image in a few hours. And I'm slow. All it is is a sliced up cylinder with the same texture as the ssrx track with maybe light modification. It still looks like a joke that wasn't intended for release.

Last edited:
Back