SSRX Alternate Route Found (+more)

• Thread starter KinLM
  • 516 comments

Do you believe that the alternate SSRX will end up in the game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Greatness Awaits?
NvNPVj8.gif

Last edited:
Thought just crossed my mind...

We're awaiting 1.14, and some are expecting a 2.0 around the year-end, which means we'd have to, theoretically, see at least 6 major updates in December for that to be true, unless PD can't count for 🤬, which could explain how bad they are with meeting deadlines.

I would love to see 6 big updates within 1 month, something one could call a "quantum leap"...

But this is PD we're talking about, I'm not boarding the hype train anytime soon.

We're awaiting 1.14, and some are expecting a 2.0 around the year-end, which means we'd have to, theoretically, see at least 6 major updates in December for that to be true, unless PD can't count for 🤬, which could explain how bad they are with meeting deadlines.

I would love to see 6 big updates within 1 month, something one could call a "quantum leap"...

But this is PD we're talking about, I'm not boarding the hype train anytime soon.
The way they update their game, just like GT5, is not that they build up to 2.0 but they keep releasing updates in an order and when they think 2.0 is ready they just release it. In GT5, 2.00 came after 1.13 and in this case it'll be hopefully after 1.14/1.15

...What?

Six more updates would be 1.20... When was it ever said that there'd be 20 updates in the first year...? All I remember hearing was a monthly update schedule... They missed February, but January and I believe May held two updates...

Me too, but is the statement that Spec 2 will bring greatness based on anything other than hidden assets which may have been in the game since 1.00, because if so, it doesn't really change much... they haven't released it so far, what is to say that Spec 2 will bring more tracks? Don't want to be a pessimist, just want to be clear on what is known and what is speculation :(
There's debate all around about DLC ethics.

Basically, why pay for something already on the disc? Maybe this is the DLC, but the key release code isn't on sale yet.

After looking at that tunnel pic...I guarantee you can drive upside down through that tunnel with cars that generate enough downforce and probably road cars at speeds fast enough, whilst climbing the wall at the correct angle. There are lane markers on the ceiling, the side of the tunnel, etc. They kept them so you have the same perspective as being right side up. There are probably several reasons this hasn't been released. The biggest is probably then fact that it would showcase how ridiculous some of the flaws are in the physics engine. Has to be.

The track list on neogaf is interesting. I hope those are not left over files and they're coming. They look well rendered and it would be weird that they take up useless space (if they were leftovers from gt4/5/PSP)...it would be simple to remove them...
Maybe, but it may cause problems elsewhere. Removing 1 code in computing can cause bugs in 3 more. That said, they need these released by christmas so badly!

Maybe call the DLC "screw PCars, Forza too..."

There's debate all around about DLC ethics.

Basically, why pay for something already on the disc? Maybe this is the DLC, but the key release code isn't on sale yet.

Maybe, but it may cause problems elsewhere. Removing 1 code in computing can cause bugs in 3 more. That said, they need these released by christmas so badly!

Maybe call the DLC "screw PCars, Forza too..."

It's not the ethics I'm so worried about.. I'd happily pay good money for regular, quality, DLC. What worries me more is if PD have so reason for taking a development so far, then deciding not to progress with it.

Spec 2 will be free when it comes, if it carries material promised in the original launch. If it contains Pikes Peak, a livery editor and 20 more cars, then perhaps it will be paid.. but if it's B-Spec and course creator, and other originally advertised features it will be free. PD aren't stupid, no matter what PD here think.

It's not the ethics I'm so worried about.. I'd happily pay good money for regular, quality, DLC. What worries me more is if PD have so reason for taking a development so far, then deciding not to progress with it.

Spec 2 will be free when it comes, if it carries material promised in the original launch. If it contains Pikes Peak, a livery editor and 20 more cars, then perhaps it will be paid.. but if it's B-Spec and course creator, and other originally advertised features it will be free. PD aren't stupid, no matter what PD here think.
What I mean is it could be already on, WIP DLC ready to launch soon. I wasn't suggesting anything else really.

Its interesting how forza's 'orginal' tracks are all stupid and unrealistic, and GT's are brilliant. But when PD create this silly track, everyone is hyped! Although, even this is still less silly than forza's, and this one looks DAMN FUN TO DRIVE ON!!! :dopey:
Well sadly I only played Forza 1 and ignored the sequels because I went with the PS3. Man do I kinda miss playing Forza. But I don't think this alternate route of this track you might say doesn't live up to Gran Turismo's standards. Yet like I said earlier, this would of been a fun route to drive on but then I should have realized before saying "Who cares" that GT is known as the real driving simulator, meaning this game tries to emulate a real life racing experience. Since I've been playing Gran Turismo for so long and starting to learn and understand about tuning and racing IRL, I'd say that this route isn't suitable for GT6. Looks more like something that EA would pull off in a open world Need for Speed game set in the city or whatever.

OMG! The dream comes true! Tracks from Gran Turismo 4 again! :cool:
Sorry for double post. Excitement is over my head at the moment

I don't want to make you disappointed but it seem's to be GT4's pictures excepted for SSR X but once again, there is not the GT logo on the top right corner of the picture.
It would be a good idea to check on GT5 if this part of SSR X was on the map or if this is just an useless easter egg by the track modeler!

Last edited:
I don't want to make you disappointed but it seem's to be GT4's pictures excepted for SSR X but once again, there is not the GT logo on the top right corner of the picture.
It would be a good idea to check on GT5 if this part of SSR X was on the map or if this is just an useless easter egg by the thack modeler!
The GT-watermark is only on pics if they're made in photomode, these pics are thumbnails for tracks and replays which usually don't have the watermark on them so they can be considered legit.

Yes, I'll have an article up about it sometime this week.

I don't know exactly how do PD treat this kind of leaks. However as SSR X and Seatle appeared through some GT5 teaser they should be ready to race right now. Hopefully the leaks could lead PD to release earlier than planed the tracks which are yet ready to get released...

Yes, I get the hype train, but don't forget that in GT5, some DLC such as the HSV's one appeared just a few days after a leak.

There was a tweet a while back from Playstation France about there being a big surprise at Playstation Experience coming from a very prestigious developer. Maybe GT6 Spec II for PS4 is a bit plausible?...

Back