'Standard' Car Quality

• Thread starter oli440
  • 3 comments
Even for the PS4, attempting to make all cars in the game 'Premium' would be a very time consuming process. Unless we wanted GT7 to release in another 5 years time, the only thing PD could realistically do is upgrade the 'Standard' cars so they are satisfactory for the PS4. I couldn't care less if half of the cars in the game were lacking interiors. It's the fact that many of the cars have exteriors of a simply unacceptable PS2 quality. I will be more than happy if this is resolved for GT7.

It's not like this is a huge demand. I'm not an expert in game design, but going back to each 'Standard' car in the game just to polish off the exterior cannot be a hard or extremely time consuming thing to do. They already have the bones of the construction. It's just a case on upgrading the flesh as it were. In other words, smoothing out jagged edges and upgrading the textures, so the car is of a semi-premium quality. It would save a lot of hassle, and would make all the cars in the game look incredible, despite many of them lacking interiors.

The very matter of polishing up the Standard cars and tracks may be part of the reason that PD is hiring new people in all areas. In order to provide a good lot of Superstandards of both types, more modeling and art people need to be working them over.

I know this inevitably starts a wrestling match rivaling that of the GT vs Forza days and tempers can flare, but some of us here just want to get on with enjoying these cars in the best form they can be in. And other than an interior, the Superstandards like the RUFs and 240Z are more than good enough for many of us. With an interior, even better. With Race Mod and a Livery Editor treatment, even better. As Premiums, there can even be peace in our time. :D

Last edited:
Back