Standard cars ARE in GT6. (100% confirmed)

• Thread starter CAMAROBOY69
  • 1,429 comments
That was added way back in Spec 2.0.

And I'm surprised no one has thought of what they did with the Prowler. It was actually the only Standard to get a re-textured interior. It even got working gauges. Remember the textures in the steering wheel? They were almost at Premium level.

Could it bee that Standards are at least getting mildly detailed interiors like the Prowler did? That could be a possibility. As someone mentioned, I hardly believe that PD will just copy and paste Standards in GT6 after all the negative responses they got from it.

Although it's unrealistic to think that all 1200 will be Premium for many reasons, I'm sure PD figured out something.

The Caterham had a proper interior too. As to the thread, I'm 100% certain GT6 will contain standards, it will have all the same standards it currently does, the ones redone as premiums will be in as an additional version of the same car. That is how they did it before, some cars have a standard and premium of the same model/year.

I'm also fairly certain that the 1200 count really means there won't be a great deal of new cars in the game, cars that have been redone as premiums will be counted twice as the old standard will remain.

With the tracks there were 27 locations, + Kart World, Spa, Twin Ring and Route X = 31. So 2 new locations, one of them being Silverstone.

Last edited:
It's strange that I haven't seen an interior pic of the GT6 Countach. Or the Alpine :odd:

I refuse to believe that GT5 quality standards are returning. They all need a total overhaul at their current state IMO. Just copying/pasting them from GT5 is just BS and will be a major letdown.

Last edited:
With the tracks there were 27 locations, + Kart World, Spa, Twin Ring and Route X = 31. So 2 new locations, one of them being Silverstone.
Eiger dirt and road are counted as a single location (they share the same "map").
The Top Gear Test Track is rumored to not return due to licensing reasons.
So that makes 4 possible new tracks/locations.

Eiger dirt and road are counted as a single location (they share the same "map").
The Top Gear Test Track is rumored to not return due to licensing reasons.
So that makes 4 possible new tracks/locations.
Wasn't there some Tokyo night course in one of those videos of GT5 some months ago included in the GT6 game? Downtown Tokyo or something like that.

Sorry, I don't know what you're referring about.
In the latest trailer the SSR11 track map was spotted, so that might be one possible track to return.
Also apparently a GT6 flyer during the Silverstone presentation event mentioned about Brands Hatch being in the game together With Silverstone Circuit.

So the 4 new tracks might be:
- Silverstone Circuit (confirmed)
- Brands Hatch Circuit (confirmed if that information is legit)
- Special Stage R11 (speculative hypothesis)
- ? (if Top Gear Test Track gets indeed removed)

What would be cool is if GT6 is going to be on PS3 and you have GT5 on the same console, you could convert your GT5 cars to GT6 as a standard car.

Just wishful thinking but it's a possibility that, maybe, they got rid of all those duplicates from GT5 and added new premium cars, so we'd have less standards in GT6 and more premium additions, while still having all cars from GT5.

And about the tracks, we could add Seattle (if TGTT does not return).

And about the tracks, we could add Seattle (if TGTT does not return).
If they add Seattle, that would be 2 layouts as it would be kind of stupid to not include the short version as well (although it only was in GT2) for the occasion. Same for old Rome Circuit (although I guess it wouldn't count as a different track/location. Part of the circuit is shared with the GT5 version).

Would Seattle with 2 layouts bring the total of layouts to more than what PD announced? Also we don't know if we'll have all variations of some tracks, like Silverstone or even Seattle.

Thought I'd leave this here. From the GT6 coming to PS3? thread.
Video is processing now. 👍

I'll have the Q&A up maybe tomorrow or Friday. It was a group session so I didn't get to ask all the questions, but we got some good info and clarified (sort of) some things regarding Standard/Premium cars in GT6 (it's mostly good news). I still have to listen to the recordings again to figure out exactly what was said.

Would Seattle with 2 layouts bring the total of layouts to more than what PD announced?
Not necessarily so, depending on the variations that will be added for other tracks. Read this post.

Also we don't know if we'll have all variations of some tracks, like Silverstone or even Seattle.
Silverstone will at the very least have the GP, National and International variations, according to filenames of images in the GT6 press kits.

Please move further discussions on tracks here: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=281919&page=3

I think Standard are premium level now and premium are a little bit better and they feature the Adaptive Tesselation or the other way around.

Imagine that. I think I believe the standard cars may look something like the Alpine and the LP400? :) Can't wait to read about it.

I can envision standard cars having more aero options, and perhaps an exterior visual upgrade. Maybe black interiors that look just a bit more....attractive. More defined shapes and shading. But no more than that. Literally still all black but with more shape and definition.

Sorry, I don't know what you're referring about.
It was the NSX Concept video, there was short scene with the NSX driving past CBON Cosmetics at night which is located in Tokyo, early on in the video it showed Seattle Circuit and following that what looked like a part of Apricot Hill. I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure that may a course that might be added as well and I think SSR11 is right after the Tokyo night course in the video, not sure about that one since it's been ages since I've seen that in GT or on my TV.

I can envision standard cars having more aero options, and perhaps an exterior visual upgrade. Maybe black interiors that look just a bit more....attractive. More defined shapes and shading. But no more than that. Literally still all black but with more shape and definition.

I would rather PD do like they did with PSP, at least you were put into the polygon model and you were basically in a blacked out interior of a premium car, I hated the one in GT5 because it didn't accurately represent your car visually, which was weird considering PD did it for PSP GT but not GT5?

/co-signed

There aren't ANY current-gen games that have nearly that number of cars with well modeled interiors.

I'm expecting somewhere in the neighborhood of 900 - 1000 of those cars to be Standard models.

What? GT5 didn't even have that many standard cars.

There is nothing to speculate about here. Common sense tells us that GT6 definitely, with no room to argue otherwise, has lots of Standard models. GT5 had over 1,000 cars, over 800 of which were Standard and just 220, or something like that, were Premium. There is absolutely no way on Earth that PD suddenly found a huge surge in competence and was suddenly able to produce over a thousand Premiums. Unless PD multiplied their graphic artist staff by a factor of five, it just isn't plausible.

lol
GT6 add more standard cars.

There is nothing to speculate about here. Common sense tells us that GT6 definitely, with no room to argue otherwise, has lots of Standard models. GT5 had over 1,000 cars, over 800 of which were Standard and just 220, or something like that, were Premium. There is absolutely no way on Earth that PD suddenly found a huge surge in competence and was suddenly able to produce over a thousand Premiums. Unless PD multiplied their graphic artist staff by a factor of five, it just isn't plausible.

Well if there is indeed nothing to speculate, that argument surely didnt help your case.
Its not far fetched that over 3 years PD have been updating/ remaking 800 ( this is an estimate) cars.Your argument is not common sense, its an assumption.
Hell over 3 years I could make over 100 high-poly high detailed cars with their resources my self and im a novice modeler.Well hopefully Jordan post the Q&A tomorrow.Im sure kaz had some half a$3ed answer, which is why Jordan said "mostly good".

Last edited:
If they are going to go so far as bring back every car from GT5 despite all the criticism that they took for the duplicates and the promises they made to not do it anymore, I see no reason to believe that they wouldn't bring back the Standards as well.

My guess is that the standard's quality are updated slightly, and a few select ones may be converted to premium. I don't expect standards to look perfect, but rather more gloss/shine to the paint and less jagged edges on the body.

PD has proven over the last 15 years that they are going to do what they want instead of listening to their customer base. It seems from what I have read so far is that Kaz wants GT6 to be another Facebook.

I will admit that the graphics appear to be better but you really won't know until it's on your own HD TV. There are 3 positives. it will be released on the PS3, the graphics/physics are improved and there will be more customization. I'm not holding my breath about it though. I have been playing GT for 14 years and with each evolution of the game most of the things that the customers asked for fell on deaf ears.

I'll wait and see what the price tag is before I decide to pre-order. The other thing is there hasn't been at GT game released when it was supposed to that I know of. Maybe they will this time.

I can see the standards were upgraded, maybe not to full quality like premiums but they all look like that Countach... There's one thing which makes me believe this: the car list of the demo with * listing cars not in GT5 already. There's no * at Countach! Which means it's been upgraded from GT5...

when they said all the cars from GT5 will be carried over to GT6, does that mean the DLC ones gonna be in the launch game ? and weren't some of the standard cars got a premium treatment via DLC ?

PD has proven over the last 15 years that they are going to do what they want instead of listening to their customer base. It seems from what I have read so far is that Kaz wants GT6 to be another Facebook.

I will admit that the graphics appear to be better but you really won't know until it's on your own HD TV. There are 3 positives. it will be released on the PS3, the graphics/physics are improved and there will be more customization. I'm not holding my breath about it though. I have been playing GT for 14 years and with each evolution of the game most of the things that the customers asked for fell on deaf ears.

I'll wait and see what the price tag is before I decide to pre-order. The other thing is there hasn't been at GT game released when it was supposed to that I know of. Maybe they will this time.

What? All the improvements made have been from the complaints the consumer base had made in GT5. New quicker UI, more customisation, new suspension model, better course creator, race clubs and championships etc.

Sound and standard cars are the two biggest complaints but we don;t know how they have been addressed yet.

I can see the standards were upgraded, maybe not to full quality like premiums but they all look like that Countach... There's one thing which makes me believe this: the car list of the demo with * listing cars not in GT5 already. There's no * at Countach! Which means it's been upgraded from GT5...

Uh, the Countach LP400 is "premium". I expect the "new guard" of standard GT5 cars (the XFR, the two R8 LMSs, the Furai, the Veyron EB16.4 and the Countach 25th Anniversary) to end up with premium versions just because (as Kaz said himself) they didn't have enough time to add the premium versions of those (at the time) new cars.

Back