Standard cars ARE in GT6. (100% confirmed)

• Thread starter CAMAROBOY69
  • 1,429 comments
Well we know some have been updated to premium.But honestly like husky said updating 800 cars over 3 years isnt far fetched at all.Just thinking 1200 premium cars is what makes it seem far fetched.I wouldnt be surprised either way.Man if those first and second gen skylines & supra are updated I will be satisfied.

Also the 2 alpines are different.The standard from gt5 is a 75 I think.

Last edited:
I assume all cars will be Standard so when they inevitably aren't, I'm pleasantly surprised. Going into something like this thinking that all eleventybillion cars will all be Premium is just setting yourself up for disappointment.

Hope you're right, but so far we've only seen two confirmed conversions; the Alpine and the Lamborghini. Still doesn't mean too much. That's only 2 out of 800.
While the Lamborghini appears to be the same model and therefore it's probably an upgrade, the Alpine has a different model year ('68, while the Standard one is a '73 model), so it would probably count as a completely different new car, although they are virtually the same car.

Provided that it's not a typo, however, as in 1968 there were no Alpine A110 1600S produced yet, as far as I know.

More than having 'standards' or not, what matters is the amount of 'premiums'. In GT5 I rarely care about standards because I don't use them: it's like they don't exist.

I'd like a turn off option too. Actually I'd prefer to have a second option that removes 'standard tracks' as well (laguna seca, motegi), which is pretty extreme but still.

TB
I assume all cars will be Standard so when they inevitably aren't, I'm pleasantly surprised. Going into something like this thinking that all eleventybillion cars will all be Premium is just setting yourself up for disappointment.

Sound advice but someone who cares little or not if there are standards in there, won't stop me nor disappoint me much if at all. I have a monster collection in GT5 just about every motor in the game I possess. Something tells me that there may be zero standards brought over as that would look really bad since standards were put in only as a last minute change to buff the car count, just dragging them over as is to a second game would definitely tarnish PD reputation for being perfectionists.
It will be rather shocking to see all 800 standards brought up to premium levels, I think that they have already had a more streamlined way to grab vehicle data and then create the models. They would be woefully inefficient if they hadn't figured that out by now. Looking at the standard cars in GT5 many look very similar all PD needed to do was differentiate each vehicle by it's nuances and possible visual differences but the base exterior is the same among year and only certain cars like A4 and S4 Audi's body work which are different. So in two and a half years GT 5 has been out PD has been working on Standard cars the entire time whilst getting track data, and a better rendering engine with new bells and whistles, that's why they have a team. 1,200 premium cars awesome, believable only when I see it, but matters not GT6 will be everything GT5 wasn't and I loved GT5 with all it's issues. Roll on GT6.

No doubt that they will make a return since all cars from GT5 will be carried over to GT6 with new latest model cars/race cars.

800 standard models
400 premium models

= 1200 total

Sound advice but someone who cares little or not if there are standards in there, won't stop me nor disappoint me much if at all. *snip* Roll on GT6.
Well said and I couldn't agree more, Savage. 👍

When I'm racing, I couldn't care less if it looks like Pole Position or a photo spread from the latest Motor Trend.

That said, when I feel like messing around in Photomode, now I want it to look like Motor Trend. That doesn't happen often, hence my indifference.

If they said most GT5 cars would be carried over, I'd be hopeful they'd somehow found a way to make a Premium version of the many duplicates or different versions using the same bodyshell (which would've cut the Standard car total significantly) and a lot of new material leading up to 1200 (including heavy padding).

But as soon as I heard that 1200 number I knew it would get fishy (again) and especially when I read all GT5 cars would be carried over.
All cars includes some which nobody today would even consider making Premium versions of (heck not even Standard versions or even a simple drawing on a piece of paper).
You'd simply couldn't justify spending time and money making a Premium version of, say, an '03 Citroën C5 V6, even Citroën themselves wouldn't understand nor wish for that.

So all cars automatically means Standard cars by default unfortunately and I really didn't see it coming to be honest.

Hope for just one of each multiple versions of a standard model to be Premium.
As for the rest, please lets us customise more! and include a simple interior

No doubt that they will make a return since all cars from GT5 will be carried over to GT6 with new latest model cars/race cars.

800 standard models
400 premium models

= 1200 total
Countach, Apline, etc.?

Have you seen the Standards in GT5 after the last small update? That should hint at something about the detail in which GT6's "Standards" will be/look like.

In the concept movie, the Countach was shown as premium... Jordan also released some pics which showed originally standard cars as premium... my guess we'll have all premium cars.

Don't know about all, many of the Standards don't even exist anymore IRL, or have since been changed.

Sadly, they seem to return. PD probably doesn't feel that they can reduce the number of cars. One can only hope that they updated the most popular standard cars to premium.

In my opinion, consistency above anything else.

How about instead of bragging about a car count, PD just focuses on putting the best looking car and tracks into GT6. They should act like GT5 never existed and never go the route of two separate quality of cars again.

Not really, just added cockpit view with visible cockpits in some cars like the Plymouth Prowler and Formula GT

That was added way back in Spec 2.0.

And I'm surprised no one has thought of what they did with the Prowler. It was actually the only Standard to get a re-textured interior. It even got working gauges. Remember the textures in the steering wheel? They were almost at Premium level.

Could it bee that Standards are at least getting mildly detailed interiors like the Prowler did? That could be a possibility. As someone mentioned, I hardly believe that PD will just copy and paste Standards in GT6 after all the negative responses they got from it.

Although it's unrealistic to think that all 1200 will be Premium for many reasons, I'm sure PD figured out something.

i think it's not impossible to transform standard to premium, they have to improve 3d model and create from zero the interior

Yeah me too. If they have 1,200 premiums I would be VERY surprised.

It would be an epic shocker. However I would not put it past PD to waste resources on re modeling out dated and redundant car models. Best guess is All Standards have cockpits.

i think it's not impossible to transform standard to premium, they have to improve 3d model and create from zero the interior
"Transforming" a standard car to premium basically involves re-making them from scratch with modern 3D modeling techniques. I think more than "converting" it's "reusing old assets" like photographs, data, recordings, measurements, etc.

Back