Standard cars in GT6?

I'm perfectly fine with the vast majority of standards remaining standards. Kaz has already said that GT6 is just building off the GT5 base. Standards can remain in GT6 with no effort whatsoever. I'd rather them in the game as standards than not in the game at all. If you don't like them then don't drive them. I think the resources in terms of car development should be in adding new Premium car models of cars not in the game, while upgrading a small number of true classics to Premium status, like the Ruf's, Lambo Countach LP400, etc.

Resources are alway limited in some way. You have to make the most of what you have.

It's not just about not driving them, they bring down the experience when you're racing against them as well. There is just no excuse for such rubbish quality, it ruins the experience for me. I just can't justify buying gt6 if it has any more then 50 standards. But as it is now, quality is the minority.

It's not just about not driving them, they bring down the experience when you're racing against them as well. There is just no excuse for such rubbish quality, it ruins the experience for me. I just can't justify buying gt6 if it has any more then 50 standards. But as it is now, quality is the minority.

Why 50? Seems utterly arbitrary and totally against the rest of your post. In fact it leads me to believe that you're probably exaggerating slightly, and that the Standards aren't that big a deal at all. The "excuse" is that they were made for the PS2, by the way, in case you were unaware.

Like I said before, PD should have put an option to have them not appear at all, and those who are easily offended needn't take the risk.
You should also take solace in the fact that PD are likely not to need any Standards in GT6, in terms of Premium car count.

Quality in the minority? I'm not sure that even makes sense given where the development time was actually allocated, and your superficial take on this is hardly useful, because, presumably, by that measure, there could only have been 199 Standards at launch ("quality" in the "majority") and you'd have been happy? It's a very silly way of looking at it, in my opinion.

All car models should be remade for GT6, I do NOT want crappy-looking ports from GT4 and GT3.

Nuff said. No ports, no premium/standard crap and I'd love GT6 more than ever.

Last edited:
no standard cars in gt6, please. Quality, not quantity!

Honestly, it's that simple - cut up the skyline/mx-5/3000gt/etc. Idiocy, make the rest of standard cars premium, and in case there's no time for that, just remove some less significant models like, say, honda element.

I mean, how hard can it be? 💡

no

I'm not really sure what you're saying.

Practically all current games have "premium" quality cars, some worse than GT5 some better. That's the current standard of the industry, so it's playing with words.

The focus had to be there, otherwise GT5 would have been even more dated than what it is.

If GT6 is for PS3, I don't mind standards. I'm honestly not bothered at all by its looks. In the end people will use it as much as they are now in GT5. On top of that, many drive in 1st person/non cockpit view, and plus our eyes are on the road anyway. I mean it's more cars to "drive." I don't understand why you wouldn't want that. It doesn't take much development time away for them to return. Cars like Bugatti Veyron and Jagurar XFR (or something) and XJR9RC are examples of cars that PD supposedly couldn't make premium in time, and if it wasn't for standards, we wouldn't be having them and driving them in the game at all.

The funny part is I see people who think it's all about "gameplay, not graphics" believe the same thing as to not wanting standards.

If it's PS4, then well obviously, they can't exist.

Practically all current games have "premium" quality cars, some worse than GT5 some better. That's the current standard of the industry, so it's playing with words.

The focus had to be there, otherwise GT5 would have been even more dated than what it is.

OK, that's nice, I guess. What I meant was not that they focused on the Premiums, which obviously they needed to do, but rather that they made the Premiums as detailed as they did, which meant they took so bloody long to make.

I like how PD saw fit to update the NASCAR liveries, but didn't update the WRC lineup. Even if they made the Stratos rally car premium would have been some kind of upgrade. I'm happy the Silk Cut Jag became premium but, some of the other marques(Toyota for one) that have been around since the first GT have been unattended to(I know we have 6 Toyobarus and premium Lexus but, we still have no premium MR2 or Supra RZ...)

If standards are kept, its time for an overhaul. What if PD move cars that are currently premium, get moved to standard. For example, C5 Corvette, Alfa Twin Spark and Brera, Daihatsus, Mercedes 300SL and SL 55 AMG, Renault Sport, Tesla maybe? Maybe some of the GT500 & GT300 become standard to make room for the new Super GT cars. Who knows?

MrA
I like how PD saw fit to update the NASCAR liveries, but didn't update the WRC lineup. Even if they made the Stratos rally car premium would have been some kind of upgrade. I'm happy the Silk Cut Jag became premium but, some of the other marques(Toyota for one) that have been around since the first GT have been unattended to.

If standards are kept, its time for an overhaul. What if PD move cars that are currently premium, get moved to standard. For example, C5 Corvette, Alfa Twin Spark and Brera, Daihatsus, Mercedes 300SL and SL 55 AMG, Renault Sport, Tesla maybe? Maybe some of the GT500 & GT300 become standard to make room for the new Super GT cars. Who knows?

The Premiums are short in number not because there wasn't enough room on the disc for them, but because of how long they take to make for PD's team of modelers.

Demoting Premiums to Standards is nonsensical.

"Making room" in the sense that it's passed its time and put in some fresh models. Of course, I rather all cars with modeled interiors but, if there is still going to be a UCD, I doubt anyone would miss an '07 Yaris to standard vs an AE86 to premium.

MrA
"Making room" in the sense that it's passed its time and put in some fresh models. Of course, I rather all cars with modeled interiors but, if there is still going to be a UCD, I doubt anyone would miss an '07 Yaris to standard vs an AE86 to premium.
No matter how many Premium cars you remove, there is NO WAY you can somehow exchange it for Standard cars. No way at all.

The AE86 is a Standard car, and it will stay a Standard car no matter how many Premiums you remove.

Who knows why it is this way?( not talking about timing constraints) But, we have a standard Beetle and a premium Beetle. A standard Ma80 twin turbo supra and a premium Ma80 turbo supra. The beetle didnt have to be premium and neither the supra. I don't know PD criteria for picking cars, so guessing or picking what should be standard and what's premium is pretty much useless for me to do. Maybe the AE86 will be fully rendered in GT6. I have no idea. I'm going off some posts replying if standards remain, then what? We have a '91 RX-7 as premium when we already have the '02 model. Plenty of RX-7s to go head to head in the challenges in GT Mode. Where is the Eunos Cosmo that was in GT1 or the facelifted NC MX-5- it's the highest selling sports car of all time? It will be interesting to see what we get.

MrA
Who knows why it is this way?
?

This is an analogy: I create a pot and a spoon which I put on sale. You buy the pot and the spoon, but you soon realize you need a pan and a spatula. You can't give the pot and spoon back to me hoping that I can give you a pan and spatula in return because it doesn't exist.

It really is common sense.

MrA

Why on earth would anyone want a premium car converted to standard?

Premium should be standard.
Okay, I think I understand what he's saying. He wants Premium cars to be the "standard" in terms of car quality. Meaning that the Premium models in the game would be considered the Standard models of GT6, while even higher quality models fill the Premium category.

Won't work for a variety of reasons though, not in the near future anyways.

But he said although he'd like to see all cars have interiors, he wouldn't mind sacrificing the '07 Yaris to standard to see a premium AE86.

No standards please! Just a well thought out set of cars, not premiums just cars! That word should become redundant now! We already have 250 or so! 250 more should be made by now. I assume their methods have increased in efficiency over the years! Maybe they are coding for x86-64 architecture hmmmmm

Okay, I think I understand what he's saying. He wants Premium cars to be the "standard" in terms of car quality. Meaning that the Premium models in the game would be considered the Standard models of GT6, while even higher quality models fill the Premium category.

Won't work for a variety of reasons though, not in the near future anyways.

Close. I'm saying that the level of detail given to premium cars should be expected for all cars. But I certainly don't want to get rid of the current standards to do it, all my favorite cars are standards. PD should continually work to upgrade cars.

But he said although he'd like to see all cars have interiors, he wouldn't mind sacrificing the '07 Yaris to standard to see a premium AE86.

Not what I'm saying.

Okay, the first part of the OP is will we see standard cars in GT6? The short answer is, No because of all the tech in GT6.
I'm responding to IF there are NOT fully rendered cars in GT6. I'm for NOT having standards. BUT, IF there are, make some lesser in my eyes, models get cut to standard and fully render others. That's all. I've read posts that PD look at data for the most popular cars, if this is so, I'm sure a car like the Yaris is not as popular as an AE86. Therefore IF there is a standard car UCD in GT6, put the Yaris there and make room for the AE86 as an example.

Of course I want to see standard cars fully rendered BUT, IF PD ARE GOING TO FILL A UCD WITH STANDARD CARS IN GT6, I'm putting in my 2cents of what could possibly be, even if PD had time to complete the game.

How many times does it have to be said to you, there is no need whatsoever to cut premium cars into standard cars to "make room" for other cars, it's nonsensical.

Because how many times do I have to type, I know that? I do not want low-res non-fully interior rendered(standard) cars in GT6.

I'm am saying IF PD shock us with standard cars for GT6, I would rather see a car like an AE86 fully rendered than a Yaris Euro Edition made a fully rendered Premium.

IF there is going to be standard cars, make the unpopular premium cars (such as the premium Yaris) standard and make the popular standard cars premium. Can't be hard to comprehend that.

I've moved on but, still enjoying the posts, we're all good.

MrA
Because how many times do I have to type, I know that? I do not want low-res non-fully interior rendered(standard) cars in GT6.

I'm am saying IF PD shock us with standard cars for GT6, I would rather see a car like an AE86 fully rendered than a Yaris Euro Edition made a fully rendered Premium.

IF there is going to be standard cars, make the unpopular premium cars (such as the premium Yaris) standard and make the popular standard cars premium. Can't be hard to comprehend that.

I've moved on but, still enjoying the posts, we're all good.

Right, so if [hypothetical situation], then [illogical request]. Fine.

I really don't understand why you would take a car that has already had that much effort expended on it, and just throw it away like that. The Premiums are the future of GT, they should not be discarded, regardless of how much you dislike a particular model! Move forwards, not backwards!

If there are going to be Standard cars, we'll need all the Premiums we can get to prevent the sourpuss nation. Making a Premium a Standard does not magic another Premium from nothing, it still has to be modeled by humans - therefore there's no benefit, hypothetical or otherwise, to do so. PD want all cars to be brought up to the Premium level, so making cars that are already Premium Standard again is just weird - you might as well keep it as a Premium (which costs nothing) and make those other cars you wanted Premium as well, within time constraints.

Back