"Standards" the good, the bad and the ugly

• Thread starter bodger
  • 4,101 comments
32369d1256491039-tamiya-1-12th-scale-z-50.jpg

It's hard to tell but I think the correct size would be somewhere in between the sizes of GT5 and GT6.

Have they worked on the Audi S4, or was it simply a better modeled car than the RS4 to begin with?

I think it got the bare minimum for standard upgrades - the panel gaps are now more defined and "3D" now, and look less like they were drawn on with a pencil. I think very little else has changed (no mesh changes, headlight textures/remodelling, etc.). This is perhaps aided by the fact it didn't look too bad in the first place.

For anyone that wants to check out more standards, just check out this link:
http://www.igcd.net/game.php?id=1000010217&PHPSESSID=632e80f653ca57f2054dce637ecc433b&width=1600

Some people have been taking pics of the standard cars for the IGCD.

What is this? It's a very difficult site to navigate due to the layout and some of the photos aren't even in-game (the only Vision GT Car so far is the Merc AMG yet they have a link to a page that supposedly has the Volkswagen V-GT). Thanks I suppose but I'll probably stick with what's happening to this thread since it's just so much more user friendly.

What is this? It's a very difficult site to navigate due to the layout and some of the photos aren't even in-game (the only Vision GT Car so far is the Merc AMG yet they have a link to a page that supposedly has the Volkswagen V-GT). Thanks I suppose but I'll probably stick with what's happening to this thread since it's just so much more user friendly.

The website is not really that hard to navigate as I was able to navigate through it easily after a couple minutes of figuring things out. Anyway yes, they're not all in-game pics yet, but that's not the point, I was just sharing a site that had standard car pictures and nothing more.

yeah but look at the wheel arches and the definition of the doors, they are very good defined.

That's the bare minimum for clean-up work.

Things that keep it out of the "semi-premium" realm are: no rework of the headlights, taillights, or marker lights; no alterations to the grill modeling/texturing; no clean-ups to the window area. Pretty much all they did on the Altezza was wheel arches and panel gaps.

akw2.jpg

vtu2.jpg

Premium car with standard sponsors, damn the Autobacs sticker is barely readable, and worse thing, this appens on a lot of racing cars, on the Mazda 787B the number 55 looks HORRIBLE! :indiff:

akw2.jpg

vtu2.jpg

Premium car with standard sponsors, damn the Autobacs sticker is barely readable, and worse thing, this appens on a lot of racing cars, on the Mazda 787B the number 55 looks HORRIBLE! :indiff:

on track some textures are downgraded, in photo travel it looks better

Last edited:
Still looks bad in photomode, I think it could be the mix of white and chrome surfaces, but it could also be because it might have been one of the first 'premium' cars that they modelled and hadn't found an efficient way to show decals in game, and havn't prioritised improving it.

akw2.jpg

vtu2.jpg

No wonder there isn't a livery editor, your designs will just be blurred like this one. Nah just kidding, but does make me wonder though.

Still looks bad in photomode, I think it could be the mix of white and chrome surfaces, but it could also be because it might have been one of the first 'premium' cars that they modelled and hadn't found an efficient way to show decals in game, and havn't prioritised improving it.
Some 2013 Nascar have quite ugly decals too, not as bad as this BLITZ, maybe it's a problem of quantity, Nascar cars have a lot of sponsors.

No wonder there isn't a livery editor, your designs will just be blurred like this one. Nah just kidding, but does make me wonder though.

What I wonder the most on the "ps3 excuse" is about sounds, as allegedly the sole reason why they are awful (lets face it, they are) is the full rev range samples couldn't used in order to save resources.

What I wonder the most on the "ps3 excuse" is about sounds, as allegedly the sole reason why they are awful (lets face it, they are) is the full rev range samples couldn't used in order to save resources.
I wonder as well. I read somewhere that it was the samples? Maybe the sounds just needs to be rerecord or something.

These are real pictures plastered on a car. That's quite different than letter/symbols you create in game.

RUF

inspired on Singer's 911

Yellowbird

Gosh, those are so beautiful in GT6. Looking through your photostream, you have some really great shots in there, the pictures of that white Mustang at Willow Springs are fantastic.

KFM
Gosh, those are so beautiful in GT6. Looking through your photostream, you have some really great shots in there, the pictures of that white Mustang at Willow Springs are fantastic.

Thanks mate. :)

Back