• Thread starter bodger
  • 4,101 comments
Opel Speedster '00
GT5 Standard /GT6 updated Standard
Opel_Speedster_v021.jpg
Opel_Speedster_v041.jpg

Links to all comparison shots in this thread >>>

Last edited:
Alpine A110 1600S '73 GT5 Standard /GT6 version (it's better than the Standard but not good enough to be the Premium) / Alpine A110 1600S '72 GT6 Premium

Not much of an upgrade for the Standard version. I'm going to assume the cars that didn't receive the semi-premium treatment has a good chance of being fully premium in the future either as DLC or for GT7.

We've seen PD scan the Alfa Romeo 155 ti 93 and the standard version in GT6 still looks the same as GT5s.

They should have deleted the standard version. There really is no other purpose for it than to boost the car count...

These cars are from two different years, though. So it's not like it's the exact same car, there are some differences between the '72 and the '73.

The CTR is definitely one of the best of the cleaned up standards.

I totally agree with you and I don´t understand Mikhail K when he says that the RUF yellow bird and the opel aren't semi-premium quality.
The RUF's(all of them) and the Opel/Vauxhall Speedster/VX220 are the best standards in the game with some other cars like the Nissan R390 road and race version, Seat Ibiza Cupra, Mercedes CLK Touring car, FGT, ect.

But your comparisons are the best Mikhail :)

I totally agree with you and I don´t understand Mikhail K when he says that the RUF yellow bird and the opel aren't semi-premium quality.
The RUF's(all of them) and the Opel/Vauxhall Speedster/VX220 are the best standards in the game with some other cars like the Nissan R390 road and race version, Seat Ibiza Cupra, Mercedes CLK Touring car, FGT, ect.

He didn't say that. He said they aren't PREMIUM quality.

I disagree with Mikhail K.
RUF CTR "Yellow Bird" '87 is Semi-Premium (standard without cockpit).
That model is perfect.

mmm, no. Still few polygons and much less detailed headlights than a premium car

BMW M4 is a real Semi-Premium (Premium without cockpit).

Last edited:

Come on! Earlier in this thread, Mikhail K dubbed these cars "semi-premium" and that made alot of you say "I don't like it when you call them semi-premium, 'cause they are not worthy of that description."
Now, Mikhail has changed his description, but still you pin him down and say "that description is inaccurate". Give it a rest, guys...

RUF CTR "Yellow Bird" '87
GT5 Standard /GT6 version (it's better than the Standard but not good enough to be the Premium)

I'd say you should just still call them "Semi-Premiums" for the higher quality models, and leave that term for the ones that only recieved minor touchups but still look very standard.

Come on! Earlier in this thread, Mikhail K dubbed these cars "semi-premium" and that made alot of you say "I don't like it when you call them semi-premium, 'cause they are not worthy of that description."
Now, Mikhail has changed his description, but still you pin him down and say "that description is inaccurate". Give it a rest, guys...

I didn't see any post saying that calling the cars semi-premium is not worthy but I can get distrated very easily and some times I don't read with much attetion so it is very likely that I didn't read some posts with any attetion or maybe I passed some of them :lol:
I am sorry Mikhail I misunderstood what you wrote and Terje's right
Just keep this type of comparations coming :cheers:

EDIT:
mmm, no. Still few polygons and much less detailed headlights than a premium car

BMW M4 is a real Semi-Premium (Premium without cockpit).

The car is detailed in the exterior as a premium like the toyota levin
Just need the interior, come on PD

Last edited:
But the BMW M4 is a Premium. They never finished making the interior yet. It'll be added in a patch

when they add the interior it will become a premium, now is a semi-premium

The car is detailed in the exterior as a premium like the toyota levin
Just need the interior, come on PD

no, the headlights are not comparable with premium quality, just like other particulars... have you ever observed carefully a premium in phototravel? is much more detailed than this "premiumized" cars

Last edited:
Actually, the Canary is pretty much a premium machine with no cockpit, all it lacks are a few more polygons and an interior and it's there.

If we go by that, none of the standard cars in this thread are good enough to be called semi premiums, not even the RUFs.

in other words, some example...

M4:
Exterior → premium
Interior → standard

RUF CRT:
Exterior → semi-premium
Interior → standard

Prowler:
Exterior → standard
Interior → semi-premium

Supra:
Exterior → standard
Interior → standard

Countach:
Exterior → premium
Interior → premium

Description&term problem again:banghead:

First of all there's no visual classification in GT6 now. So from now on it's only terms speculation. We can call cars whatever we like: standard the good the bad and the ugly, refined, touched, cleaned up standards, semi-premium, sem-semi-premium...
By saying GT6 version i mean the car is not direct copy from GT5, but it's visual update not match to premium quality. These versions of cars have many types/gradations, and it is not always obvious what term to use to classify cars.
Here is visual quality gradation.
Classification_011.jpg

You can see there is several (may be more) types of updated standard cars between "standard" and "premium". In order to simplify i use "GT6 version" as a description. So "GT6 version" term include: standard the good the bad and the ugly, refined, touched, cleaned up standards, semi-premium, sem-semi-premium and so on.

I think you should move the Seat Ibiza up one, with the DB9. The Seat is modeled really well. All it needs is an interior, high beam, and wipers.
Aston Martin DB9 Coupe '03 have a direct body copy of premium car (Aston Martin DB9 Coupe '06)
Seat Idiza Cupra '04 so close to premium body visuals but still have not so good mech quality (for example jagged wheel arches)
But Idiza have better head lights quality then RUFs and worse than RUFs wheels... Too much problems with classifications

Aston Martin DB9 Coupe '03 have a direct body copy of premium car (Aston Martin DB9 Coupe '06)
Seat Idiza Cupra '04 so close to premium body visuals but still have not so good mech quality (for example jagged wheel arches)
But Idiza have better head lights quality then RUFs and worse than RUFs wheels... Too much problems with classifications
Make a new category on its own then, like what you did with the Carbon R. :lol:

I'm seeing lots of discrepancies here, I'm going to need to see the raw data you used for that chart..

juuuust kidding, Mikhail K, you've been doing some great work! :) 👍

I've given up trying to classify the cars into sections, now I only look at two things, if the car has drawn on body parts (body panels/door handles) and pixely choppiness (wheel wells,window trim). If the car has drawn on features/shabby looking edges it's a standard to me.

Back