"Standards" the good, the bad and the ugly

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo 6' started by bodger, Nov 29, 2013.

1. Mikhail K

Mikhail K

Last edited: Feb 11, 2014
  2. Vspectra

Vspectra

Not much of an upgrade for the Standard version. I'm going to assume the cars that didn't receive the semi-premium treatment has a good chance of being fully premium in the future either as DLC or for GT7.

We've seen PD scan the Alfa Romeo 155 ti 93 and the standard version in GT6 still looks the same as GT5s.

Tenacious D likes this.
  3. RetroGiant

RetroGiant

I've asked this before I think but is there a list of all the improved standards yet?

Ignition likes this.
  4. Mikhail K

Mikhail K

Last edited: Feb 11, 2014
  5. eSZee

eSZee

I never played nor had PSP GT and the standard Enzo was in one of the used car dealers.

dalhMSP96 likes this.
  6. KFM

KFM

These cars are from two different years, though. So it's not like it's the exact same car, there are some differences between the '72 and the '73.

7. mikull109

mikull109

The CTR is definitely one of the best of the cleaned up standards.

8. Nomadpt1

Nomadpt1

I totally agree with you and I don´t understand Mikhail K when he says that the RUF yellow bird and the opel aren't semi-premium quality.
    The RUF's(all of them) and the Opel/Vauxhall Speedster/VX220 are the best standards in the game with some other cars like the Nissan R390 road and race version, Seat Ibiza Cupra, Mercedes CLK Touring car, FGT, ect.

But your comparisons are the best Mikhail :)

alucard0712 likes this.
  9. eSZee

eSZee

He didn't say that. He said they aren't PREMIUM quality.

Normalaatsra likes this.
  10. alucard0712

alucard0712

I disagree with Mikhail K.
    RUF CTR "Yellow Bird" '87 is Semi-Premium (standard without cockpit).
    That model is perfect.

11. emula

emula

mmm, no. Still few polygons and much less detailed headlights than a premium car

BMW M4 is a real Semi-Premium (Premium without cockpit).

Last edited: Jan 11, 2014
    JoaoSilva likes this.
  12. Terje

Terje

Come on! Earlier in this thread, Mikhail K dubbed these cars "semi-premium" and that made alot of you say "I don't like it when you call them semi-premium, 'cause they are not worthy of that description."
    Now, Mikhail has changed his description, but still you pin him down and say "that description is inaccurate". Give it a rest, guys...

13. PletdeKoe

PletdeKoe

Mercedes M4, I love it.:)

14. FT-1

FT-1 Premium

15. emula

emula

Sorry, BMW M4 obviously

16. ProjectWHaT

ProjectWHaT

But the BMW M4 is a Premium. They never finished making the interior yet. It'll be added in a patch

17. BloodyThunderX

BloodyThunderX

I'd say you should just still call them "Semi-Premiums" for the higher quality models, and leave that term for the ones that only recieved minor touchups but still look very standard.

Tenacious D likes this.
  18. Nomadpt1

Nomadpt1

I didn't see any post saying that calling the cars semi-premium is not worthy but I can get distrated very easily and some times I don't read with much attetion so it is very likely that I didn't read some posts with any attetion or maybe I passed some of them :lol:
    I am sorry Mikhail I misunderstood what you wrote and Terje's right
    Just keep this type of comparations coming :cheers:

EDIT:
    The car is detailed in the exterior as a premium like the toyota levin
    Just need the interior, come on PD

Terje likes this.
  19. emula

emula

when they add the interior it will become a premium, now is a semi-premium

no, the headlights are not comparable with premium quality, just like other particulars... have you ever observed carefully a premium in phototravel? is much more detailed than this "premiumized" cars

20. sparkytooth

sparkytooth Premium

Actually, the Canary is pretty much a premium machine with no cockpit, all it lacks are a few more polygons and an interior and it's there.

Tenacious D likes this.
  21. eSZee

eSZee

If we go by that, none of the standard cars in this thread are good enough to be called semi premiums, not even the RUFs.

JoaoSilva likes this.
  22. emula

emula

in other words, some example...

M4:
    Exterior → premium
    Interior → standard

RUF CRT:
    Exterior → semi-premium
    Interior → standard

Prowler:
    Exterior → standard
    Interior → semi-premium

Supra:
    Exterior → standard
    Interior → standard

Countach:
    Exterior → premium
    Interior → premium

23. Mikhail K

Mikhail K

Description&term problem again:banghead:

First of all there's no visual classification in GT6 now. So from now on it's only terms speculation. We can call cars whatever we like: standard the good the bad and the ugly, refined, touched, cleaned up standards, semi-premium, sem-semi-premium...
    By saying GT6 version i mean the car is not direct copy from GT5, but it's visual update not match to premium quality. These versions of cars have many types/gradations, and it is not always obvious what term to use to classify cars.
    Here is visual quality gradation.
    Classification_011.jpg
    You can see there is several (may be more) types of updated standard cars between "standard" and "premium". In order to simplify i use "GT6 version" as a description. So "GT6 version" term include: standard the good the bad and the ugly, refined, touched, cleaned up standards, semi-premium, sem-semi-premium and so on.

24. ProjectWHaT

ProjectWHaT

I think you should move the Seat Ibiza up one, with the DB9. The Seat is modeled really well. All it needs is an interior, high beam, and wipers.

Tenacious D, emula and JoaoSilva like this.
  25. eSZee

eSZee

The Carbon R looks pretty poor, was it really improved from GT5?

26. Mikhail K

Mikhail K

Aston Martin DB9 Coupe '03 have a direct body copy of premium car (Aston Martin DB9 Coupe '06)
    Seat Idiza Cupra '04 so close to premium body visuals but still have not so good mech quality (for example jagged wheel arches)
    But Idiza have better head lights quality then RUFs and worse than RUFs wheels... Too much problems with classifications

27. ProjectWHaT

ProjectWHaT

Make a new category on its own then, like what you did with the Carbon R. :lol:

andrewyhy and Mikhail K like this.
  28. Mikhail K

Mikhail K

29. CeeJay

CeeJay

I'm seeing lots of discrepancies here, I'm going to need to see the raw data you used for that chart..

juuuust kidding, Mikhail K, you've been doing some great work! :) :tup:

I've given up trying to classify the cars into sections, now I only look at two things, if the car has drawn on body parts (body panels/door handles) and pixely choppiness (wheel wells,window trim). If the car has drawn on features/shabby looking edges it's a standard to me.

Tenacious D likes this.
  30. Mikhail K

Mikhail K

I can't wait when this standard&premium nightmare finally ends and all cars will be one level of quality - PREMIUM