"Standards" the good, the bad and the ugly

• Thread starter bodger
  • 4,101 comments
iwsc8Cj.jpg

Dear god this is atrocious.
Still better than the real thing!!

images

Has anyone seen the Audi Auto Union V16 Type C Streamline '37? I am not one to normally speak about "standards" like this but I personally find that one to be one of the worst I have seen so far. Edges are not very smooth (obviously) and I am not sure I remember the car being so dull in color in GT4 as well.

Has anyone seen the Audi Auto Union V16 Type C Streamline '37? I am not one to normally speak about "standards" like this but I personally find that one to be one of the worst I have seen so far. Edges are not very smooth (obviously) and I am not sure I remember the car being so dull in color in GT4 as well.
It's the most messed up car on the game. Something went very wrong when porting from GT4.

Well it's not like they're undrivable just because they look bad. I got no problems using a standard as long as it drives like the real car does. But I don't see why PD can't go around and ask if there's any fans who are good at modeling to hire. I bet there are some guys here who can at least help with modeling or something. But why dump the cars? They still drive accurately so what's the point? It just gives us less variety, and that's a no-no in my book.

I didn't say all the cars, just the ones you referred to specifically in this post 13 minutes ago.
How many standards are in the game? Roughly 800. How many cars did you suggest I said to get rid of? 800
Where did I ACTUALLY say to get rid of all of those cars?
The only thing you could say I was specific about is the car in post #1887(because that's where this current discussion started) and going from there you could also infer all the cars that look as terrible as it.

Like what? Stop messing with me and actually say what you want to say.
I wasn't speaking in code.

nice edit

Stupid mentality to have about the game. I agree they could do with more people, but why dump 800 perfectly fine cars? They don't hold the game back, it's just more things for us to drive.

It's not a stupid mentality at all when PD is going to have to do one of those things at some point. Maybe not for GT6 but on GT7/PS4 and beyond, they're going to have to do something different. And I wouldn't exactly call all of them perfectly fine. Some will agree that standard cars are hurting the overall quality of the game.

It doesn't hurt to have the standards in. So what if they don't look that great? At least they drive accurately and they can all be tuned up as well. I personally don't care if they look bad, most of them look fine from a distance in game, it's only in photo mode that you can really see the sloppy PS2 textures. But whatever, it's a quantity over quality thing, but the standards still drive like their real life counterparts and that's what's important to me.

How many standards are in the game? Roughly 800. How many cars did you suggest I said to get rid of? 800
Where did I ACTUALLY say to get rid of all of those cars?
The only thing you could say I was specific about is the car in post #1887(because that's where this current discussion started) and going from there you could also infer all the cars that look as terrible as it.

I wasn't speaking in code.
You quoted @Custom878, who said 800 cars in reference to the standards. By saying "dump the cars", you are explicitly referring to the 800 standards he spoke of.

It's not a stupid mentality at all when PD is going to have to do one of those things at some point. Maybe not for GT6 but on GT7/PS4 and beyond, they're going to have to do something different. And I wouldn't exactly call all of them perfectly fine. Some will agree that standard cars are hurting the overall quality of the game.
This isn't a future discussion. We're talking about now, in GT6, where it isn't holding the game back. They're cars, they work, they do what they're supposed to, just because they aren't in stunning HD quality doesn't kill the game. We still get about the same amount of premium cars as Forza 5, but we have 800 more to play with.

^

This dude gets it. GT isn't about looking good, it's about the driving experience.

Yeah. That would explain why GT3 made such a huge jump in graphics and only has 150 cars. And that's just one example. Don't sit there and tell me GT isn't trying to do both.

This isn't a future discussion. We're talking about now, in GT6, where it isn't holding the game back. They're cars, they work, they do what they're supposed to, just because they aren't in stunning HD quality doesn't kill the game. We still get about the same amount of premium cars as Forza 5, but we have 800 more to play with.

We'll just have to agree to disagree. If you enjoy standard cars, more power to you. I personally don't since I prefer cockpit view, so I drive exclusively premium cars in GT6. Plus, I don't enjoy seeing old, rehashed content from a whole generation ago. It's good that the cars are there for people who like them, but I personally think they were put there ever since GT5 as a crutch for PD until can give us a good amount and selection of premium cars, which just exposes their weakness of lack of manpower.

Last edited:
GT isn't about looking good
Welllllll.......... GT is about trying to look good. :lol: Because otherwise, PD wouldn't have messed with the Standards at all.

Having had some fun with that though, I'm solidly in "keep the Standards" camp. Many of my favorite cars are still oogly Standards. Most of my Photo Mode pics in GT5 are of Standards. ;)

Yeah. That would explain why GT3 made such a huge jump in graphics and only having 150 cars.
Yes, but there was a lot of lamenting about that tiny car and track count compared to GT2. Many of us kept going back to GT2 for "dessert" for a year or so because of the huge car and track list, as well as Race Mod. I had Bleemcast, which made the game look much better, so I had my own version of sub-Premiums. ;)

It's the most messed up car on the game. Something went very wrong when porting from GT4.
The interior is even worse! I don't expect standards with the open interior to look "perfect" of course, but the interior on that car looks awful in my opinion, even for a standard.

On top of all that, is it just me or have I noticed that when driving it that when you steer, the drivers hands move like normal but the steering wheel doesn't move at all?

Now that I think about it...Will the premium cars in this game be considered "standard" in GT7?

I'm hoping for a cut in roster of cars actually in lieu of greatly detailed cars.

Especially the duplicates.

The interior is even worse! I don't expect standards with the open interior to look "perfect" of course, but the interior on that car looks awful in my opinion, even for a standard.

On top of all that, is it just me or have I noticed that when driving it that when you steer, the drivers hands move like normal but the steering wheel doesn't move at all?
Yes. It's ridiculously messed up.

Back