"Standards" the good, the bad and the ugly

• Thread starter bodger
  • 4,101 comments
I know this is kind of Off-Topic but is there a thread were I can see wich Semi-Premium cars have custom body kits and wich ones don't?

I'm pretty sure the semi-half-quarter-third-not-quite-standard-not-quite-premium-sort-of-halfway-there first gen MX-5s have spoiler options not available even on the full Premium ones.

There are even difference between premium and premium cars, the Lancia Delta has low quality backseat and the Blitz Dunlop-something has very low res sponsor.
Ok, there are graphic limitations, but on the Audi quattro rally car (Premium GT6) and the Peugeot 908 (Premium GT5) sponsors looks better than the one on the Mazda 787B (Premium GT5, quite acceptable anyway).
Early Premium (Lancia/Blitz)<Premium (Audi/Peugeot/Mazda)

Description&term problem again:banghead:

First of all there's no visual classification in GT6 now. So from now on it's only terms speculation. We can call cars whatever we like: standard the good the bad and the ugly, refined, touched, cleaned up standards, semi-premium, sem-semi-premium...
By saying GT6 version i mean the car is not direct copy from GT5, but it's visual update not match to premium quality. These versions of cars have many types/gradations, and it is not always obvious what term to use to classify cars.
Here is visual quality gradation.
View attachment 98264
You can see there is several (may be more) types of updated standard cars between "standard" and "premium". In order to simplify i use "GT6 version" as a description. So "GT6 version" term include: standard the good the bad and the ugly, refined, touched, cleaned up standards, semi-premium, sem-semi-premium and so on.

You complicate your life.

There are standard, semi-premium and premium. Neither more nor less.

"semi semi-standard"," semi semi semi-premium", ha ha, it's ridicilous. But thank you very much for your comparative pictures

I'm pretty sure the semi-half-quarter-third-not-quite-standard-not-quite-premium-sort-of-halfway-there first gen MX-5s have spoiler options not available even on the full Premium ones.
Ya also the DB9 '03 has a unique body kit that why I am wondering if theres more of them.

Can't remember the name but the smallest RUF looks very good now. Was having a good look at it in photo mode. Also think that it had 1 exhaust in GT5, now it has 2.

Chevrolet Camaro Z28 Coupe '97
GT5 Standard /GT6 updated Standard
Camaro_SS_00_v021.jpg
Camaro_SS_00_v041.jpg

Links to all comparison shots in this thread >>>

Last edited:
Which ford RS200 has been semi upgraded, the homologation road car or the rally? And can someone drive the rally car and tell me if there's exhaust sound? I ran it yesterday and it's just transmission whine and turbo spool.

Wow, the Camaro Z28 is pretty much a brand new model. They added foglights and the radio antenna and changed the wheels in addition to cleaning up the body.

Description&term problem again:banghead:

First of all there's no visual classification in GT6 now. So from now on it's only terms speculation. We can call cars whatever we like: standard the good the bad and the ugly, refined, touched, cleaned up standards, semi-premium, sem-semi-premium...
By saying GT6 version i mean the car is not direct copy from GT5, but it's visual update not match to premium quality. These versions of cars have many types/gradations, and it is not always obvious what term to use to classify cars.
Here is visual quality gradation.
View attachment 98264
You can see there is several (may be more) types of updated standard cars between "standard" and "premium". In order to simplify i use "GT6 version" as a description. So "GT6 version" term include: standard the good the bad and the ugly, refined, touched, cleaned up standards, semi-premium, sem-semi-premium and so on.
The 89-97 Mazda MX-5's are all premium models externally, just the missing interiors. Once they update & add the interiors, they will be full premium models.

Which standards got their head and taillights updated, because those models are the best of the updated standards.

Back