"Standards" the good, the bad and the ugly

• Thread starter bodger
  • 4,101 comments
1003936_10202659777992615_877508536_n.jpg

They copy pasted the bodies of premium miatas to the standard ones.In Photomode ,side by side they are the exact same model minus the tinted windows.

They probably *should* have copy pasted other similar models :P

There are hardly any differences between the 2000 & 2004 model year Z06, couldn't they have just copied over the premium body without the interior as they did with the DB9 and MX-5 (NA)?

They should have deleted Z06 C5 2000 because in many races (arcade, career) A.I. use this version instead of premium 2004.

It really is becoming quite the mess between all these levels of "quality", what I want most from GT7 is consistency!
Agreed. While improving the standard cars is in my opinion much welcomed, judging by the pictures Mikhail provided thus far, it has become a mess due the amount of variation in quality between them.

You have your awful Alto, Falken GT-R and Ford Falcon XR8. Then you have your just barely and/or slightly touched up standard cars, followed by the ''semi-premium'' models such as the RUF Yellowbird - as well the rest of the RUF line-up. And lastly, you have your premium models. All in all, you end up with five or so levels of quality, if we're being really picky.

With that said, I still do approve of PD improving them. I just wish there was less inconsistency regarding the quality of the cars. (It's nice to wish things, isn't it?)

PD does seem to have no logic, what I don't get is why they didn't attempt to premiumize the other 3 R230 Mercs, they could've simply edited the premium R230 SL55 AMG to make the other 3. The same goes for the Evo VI Lancers & Evo V that are still standard.

BTW; some standard car pictures.
12013420114_d3e8155a2e_b.jpg

12013350983_a85c0a1308_b.jpg

12013878166_8cdd4b7f89_b.jpg

12005236575_64b5df458c_b.jpg

12005588704_13efecca6a_b.jpg

Last edited:
Question: Was the VW Bora semi-premium (if we're still using that term?) before the last update? I just noticed it in the dealership and it looks pretty good for a standard car.

Edit: Took a closer look in photomode, and the textures are still low resolution and there are no modeled panel gaps. So it's not as good as it looked in the dealership.

Last edited:
Question: Was the VW Bora semi-premium (if we're still using that term?) before the last update? I just noticed it in the dealership and it looks pretty good for a standard car.
Nope, I bought one to check and it looked very jaggy around some areas. I'll go check my bora though and report back.

The 350Z looks a bit jagged around the doors in the dealership, but I noticed that the front hood has a little gap between the body panels.

As for the VW Bora, it still looks as bad as it did before when upclose.

Back