Star Wars Battlefront ;)

• Thread starter dice1998
  • 898 comments
Has anyone purchased the new maps? What do they think? They don't look all that intriguing to me, but the ones coming later, Bespin and the Death Star, will probably be awesome and I will likely get those.

Has anyone purchased the new maps? What do they think? They don't look all that intriguing to me, but the ones coming later, Bespin and the Death Star, will probably be awesome and I will likely get those.
I bought the season pass and I think it's worth it. I'm not gonna say it's a bargain for what you get, but the Outer Rim DLC is pretty extensive. The scatter gun is fantastic, the new maps are great for medium range games and CQC, and the two new heroes are better than initially thought. Specially Nien Numb.

I'm happy so far and i'm sure they'll add larger maps in the comiing DLC packages, and now with the Rogue One teaser just released today, you can be 99% sure the last DLC will be based on it, which is making everybody excited. I think you won't be dissapointed, there are still bugs and what not, but the overall experience is better IMO.

Looking forward the next DLC 👍

Last edited:
I bought the season pass and I think it's worth it. I'm not gonna say it's a bargain for what you get, but the Outer Rim DLC is pretty extensive. The scatter gun is fantastic, the new maps are great for medium range games and CQC, and the two new heroes are better than initially thought. Specially Nien Numb.

I'm happy so far and i'm sure they'll add larger maps in the comiing DLC packages, and now with the Rogue One teaser just released today, you can be 99% sure the last DLC will be based on it, which is making everybody excited. I think you won't be dissapointed, there are still bugs and what not, but the overall experience is better IMO.

Looking forward the next DLC 👍

I want the Scatter Gun so badly. If you're trying to kill Personal Shield users, you don't need to be as precise as you would with the Cycler Rifle. I just wish the CA-87 was a "slugthrower" like the Scatter Gun.

In my opinion, the price of the DLC/season pass is way too expensive, and almost insulting to Star Wars fans. There isn't a current alternative game for SW fans craving to play as a soldier or hero from the original trilogy. Charging $50 for content that should've been in the game to begin with is just a big middle finger to people wanting a Star Wars fix.

@OZZYGT DICE has stated that they are only working on stuff from the Original Trilogy (IV, V, VI), not the prequels, The Force Awakens, or Rogue One.

My friend and I started playing Walker Assault tonight, by accident. Oh man, that is a lot of fun once you learn how to play it properly. Good balance of playing objective and getting kills so you can keep getting uplinks or disabling them. New favorite game type for sure.

My friend and I started playing Walker Assault tonight, by accident. Oh man, that is a lot of fun once you learn how to play it properly. Good balance of playing objective and getting kills so you can keep getting uplinks or disabling them. New favorite game type for sure.

It's fun when you have a good team. If you're on the Rebel side and the AT-AT health isn't at 60% health or less by the second uplink, you're going to need a lot of help. If you're on the Imperial side, and the Rebels have six Y-Wings locked in, your team NEEDS to get on the objective.

Dan
@OZZYGT DICE has stated that they are only working on stuff from the Original Trilogy (IV, V, VI), not the prequels, The Force Awakens, or Rogue One.
I keep my hopes though. See it would make sense, Rogue One isn't part of the main series but a Spin-off instead, so they technically wouldn't be including part of a sequel or a prequel. Plus, chronologically speaking The Outer Rim focuses on events during ROTJ, Bespin will be based on ESB, and Death Star is from Episode IV. It makes sense that Rogue One, taking place before Ep IV would be the last DLC.

I initially though $50 was too much, but the game itself is a great work of art, the maps and graphics are so intricate, the soundtrack -granted, all credit goes to John Williams- but makes the game allthemore enjoyable. I think DICE has done a great job and I honestly can't wait to see the future additions.

Like I said, i think $50 is borderline, but it isn't totally unreasonable. If they do add the last package as Rogue One, then i'll be one happy camper.

EDIT: And I believe Jakku was not part of the original trilogy. Same timeline, but not in the OT. Which gives me hope :P

Last edited:
Just had one of the worst WA games ever. Of course, I was on the Imperial side on Endor. The Rebel team had ten Y-Wings at each uplink. To top it all off, I kept getting massive lag spikes, and my internet connection is fine 90% of the time. I just wanted to make use of the double XP weekend, but I can't do that if my ass keeps getting kicked before I can make it to the actual battle.

Is anybody really good with heroes? Every time I play Hero Hunt I get destroyed before I can even kill more than 5 guys! specially if I'm a rebel hero.

The only one i'm decent with is Boba Fet and Luke. Using them outside of those game modes is another story, Niem Numb is super useful in WA because of his scanning Air Strike binoculars.

Is anybody really good with heroes? Every time I play Hero Hunt I get destroyed before I can even kill more than 5 guys! specially if I'm a rebel hero.

The only one i'm decent with is Boba Fet and Luke. Using them outside of those game modes is another story, Niem Numb is super useful in WA because of his scanning Air Strike binoculars.

According to all the posts on Reddit, Hero Hunt is extremely broken at the moment. Sometimes, there will be two heroes at once, and there's a chance the hero and infantry won't be able to damage each other.

Oh wow. I did encounter two heroes at the same time this weekend. It was actually not so bad since it gave me a chance to cause damage to at least one of them. I just hate to race frantically to where the hero spawns only to find 10 other players already amassing the area. I enjoy HvV more to be honest. But still, I suck at them :D

Oh wow. I did encounter two heroes at the same time this weekend. It was actually not so bad since it gave me a chance to cause damage to at least one of them. I just hate to race frantically to where the hero spawns only to find 10 other players already amassing the area. I enjoy HvV more to be honest. But still, I suck at them :D

One of the biggest problems with the game is the spawn distances. In almost every map, if you don't respawn on a partner, you're put so far away from the action that it's almost required to have a Jump Pack equipped. If I'm using an anti-vehicle loadout on Walker Assault, I'll probably have Ion Shot, Ion Torpedo, and Ion Grenade equipped, but I won't have a jump pack to get there quickly enough. I want to help my team, not hinder them by not equipping anti-infantry weapons. Personally, I think jump packs shouldn't be star cards, but a regular part of movement for all soldiers.

Since there will be a "Bacta Bomb" star card coming soon, I really hope that there is an indicator if your teammates have it equipped. The Bacta Bomb is thrown like a grenade and can heal teammates in a small area. This will be a critical support card for gamemodes with "last stand" objectives where your team is getting swarmed by enemies. I think this is the perfect counter to the Dioxis Grenade. The Dioxis Grenade is the ultimate territory denial weapon because you can throw it down on an objective, and let your whole team rush in and capture it. The Bacta Bomb will heal your team so they can prevent the enemies from entering and capturing.

I'm excited that DICE announced 8 total heroes for Season Pass holders. I wonder if non-pass holders will get a free heroe or two. They did announce free content coming soon (maps, weapons and game modes) but it would be nice if they made Chewbacca a hero available to everybody.

Btw, new favourite weapon: EE-3. That thing is a BEAST once you get the hang of the trigger! :cool: Also, the ion grenade is extremely underrated.

I'm excited that DICE announced 8 total heroes for Season Pass holders. I wonder if non-pass holders will get a free heroe or two. They did announce free content coming soon (maps, weapons and game modes) but it would be nice if they made Chewbacca a hero available to everybody.

Btw, new favourite weapon: EE-3. That thing is a BEAST once you get the hang of the trigger! :cool: Also, the ion grenade is extremely underrated.

I could never get used to the EE-3's burst fire. :/ Maybe it's because I'm more comfortable with full-auto guns that can be unloaded in an emergency (Bumping into an enemy while rounding a corner, for example). As for the Ion Grenade, I've barely ever used it before. How effective is it against droids, turrets, walkers, and shields (Squad and Personal)? Also, does it actually damage other players?

Dan
I could never get used to the EE-3's burst fire. :/ Maybe it's because I'm more comfortable with full-auto guns that can be unloaded in an emergency (Bumping into an enemy while rounding a corner, for example).
It's great for CQC. Not as good as the Shock Blaster or the DH-17 but it's so powerful that you only need two trigger pulls (maybe one if you're aiming high) to take them down.
I think I started appreciating it after playing as Boba Fett a couple of times. Combine it with focus fire star card or explosive shot and you should be fine.

As for the Ion Grenade, I've barely ever used it before. How effective is it against droids, turrets, walkers, and shields (Squad and Personal)? Also, does it actually damage other players?

It only takes one grenade to destroy any droid/turret & both shields. With AT-STs? I would say one takes off about 80% health if you throw it at its front side, 95%-100% if you throw it to the rear side of it. It's that powerful. The 10 sec cool down is the best thing, specially on WA matches.

It's great for CQC. Not as good as the Shock Blaster or the DH-17 but it's so powerful that you only need two trigger pulls (maybe one if you're aiming high) to take them down.
I think I started appreciating it after playing as Boba Fett a couple of times. Combine it with focus fire star card or explosive shot and you should be fine.

I believe someone said that the gun was coded a little strangely, so if you don't time your trigger pulls correctly, or just keep tapping it as if it was semi-auto (single shot), you'll overheat, but won't get the normal amount of bolts fired. Also, Shadow Troopers using the EE-3 and Explosive Shot are the bane of my existence. :lol: :D

OZZYGT
It only takes one grenade to destroy any droid/turret & both shields. With AT-STs? I would say one takes off about 80% health if you throw it at its front side, 95%-100% if you throw it to the rear side of it. It's that powerful. The 10 sec cool down is the best thing, specially on WA matches.

Wow. That sounds incredible! I think I'll definitely use it now. That 10-sec cooldown is when it's upgraded, right?

Dan
I believe someone said that the gun was coded a little strangely, so if you don't time your trigger pulls correctly, or just keep tapping it as if it was semi-auto (single shot), you'll overheat, but won't get the normal amount of bolts fired. Also, Shadow Troopers using the EE-3 and Explosive Shot are the bane of my existence. :lol: :D
If you mess up at the beginning and shoot too fast, then the gun will lock and won't be able to fire for like 2 seconds. But all you need is practice really. After you get the hang of it you don't run into those issues.

Wow. That sounds incredible! I think I'll definitely use it now. That 10-sec cooldown is when it's upgraded, right?

Sorry, it's actually a 12 second CD. And yes, that's on the upgraded version. It's still the fastest CD of any of the cards i think. And it does also damage to infantry. It acts as an impact grenade but with less damage.

Just be careful when you encounter a droid, don't throw it too close to you otherwise you'll blow yourself up :D

If you mess up at the beginning and shoot too fast, then the gun will lock and won't be able to fire for like 2 seconds. But all you need is practice really. After you get the hang of it you don't run into those issues.

Sorry, it's actually a 12 second CD. And yes, that's on the upgraded version. It's still the fastest CD of any of the cards i think. And it does also damage to infantry. It acts as an impact grenade but with less damage.

Just be careful when you encounter a droid, don't throw it too close to you otherwise you'll blow yourself up :D

I'll be sure to give the Ion Grenade a shot the next time I play. Thanks for recommending!

Anyway, I really want to play a SWBF with First Order Stormtroopers. I absolutely love their helmet and armor design. Plus, there's the flametroopers which I'd pick every time my team is pushing the Rebels into choke points or CQC zones.

There's a new trait card available now, called "Berserker." It is part of the Hutt Contracts under the name "Mandalorian Strength" and costs 8,000 credits. To unlock the trait, you need to reach level three on any trait card five times. The trait allows you to deal more damage against enemies when you're hurt, but it takes longer to replenish your own health. Here's an image of the card and a link to the official blog post about it. I don't know if players without the Outer Rim DLC or Season Pass can play with it.

upload_2016-4-19_12-10-53.png

Star Wars Battlefront Blog
“Living under vicious conditions in the Outer Rim, you learned not only to resist pain but also to harness it to become stronger than your opponents.”

The Berserker trait gives players two effects in one. The first is a positive effect that allows players to do more damage with their primary blasters while hurt. The other is when the trait is active: a Berserker's time to start healing is significantly slower. This negative effect creates a unique tradeoff where troopers can continue to engage in combat dealing massive damage but won't be able to fully recover as quickly.

Name: Mandalorian Strength
Unlock: Berserker Trait
Cost: 8000
Bounty: Reach level 3 on any trait card 5 times

http://starwars.ea.com/starwars/battlefront/news/berserker-star-card

So it deals more damage when hurt and at level 3 it provides damage resistance?

I can see everybody using this on blast or WA.

Btw, just stumbled accross this vid from stlthybear. 113 kill Supremacy game no hero pick up. Insane.

So it deals more damage when hurt and at level 3 it provides damage resistance?

I can see everybody using this on blast or WA.

It looks very interesting, but a few people on Reddit displayed concern when this was first leaked. What's stopping a person from activating Explosive Shot, stand next to a wall and shoot so they minimize their health, then absolutely destroy the other team?

So I had my first invincibility glitch yesterday on a Supremacy match on Hoth. Didn't really realize until after I killed 10 straight and started to feel proud of myself haha. It was fun after that. I could have quit the match and start over but meh, I started doing emotes in front of players trying to melee me lol. Then I decided to do some sightseeing and hopefully spot a Wampa but I didn't see any.

I thought I was gonna get some hate mail but I didn't. I guess everybody knows it's sort of a common glitch now.

Just though I'd share

If I got the invincibility glitch, I would just run up to enemies and taunt (I should probably buy a few; the default ones have lost their charm, even though I like the "OVER HERE! COME ON!" to shout at my teammates). It wouldn't be fair to them if I was capturing objectives or killing their whole team when they couldn't possibly defend themselves.

Absolutely. After goofing around a bit, I went out of the battle zone looking for a Wampa. One of the rebels apparently was not a fan and kept following me and shooting at me -even outside his boundary- and ended up dying; I was like 'really dude?'

Some other rebels just caught up to the fun and started taunting as well. I got a crack out of the "I've got a bad feeling about this" emote. Good stuff but yeah, DICE has to fix this in the upcoming patch.

Dan
I like the "OVER HERE! COME ON!" to shout at my teammates).
That's actually and incredibly useful emote on cargo matches if you need a partner when going for the enemy cargo. I also do that emote or the "No Way" emote when I see a camper not doing anything for the team.

Last edited:
I really want to get the Ishi Tib skin just to do the scream emote around teammates. Plus, it looks like Pepe the frog. :lol:

Back