STAR WARS General Discussion | Warning: Possible SPOILERS!Movies 

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 2,343 comments
Patiently waiting for the movie to come out on DVD, because I need a new wallpaper. I really want that shot of Vader activating his saber in the dark aboard the Rebel ship.[/url]

Dan
Patiently waiting for the movie to come out on DVD, because I need a new wallpaper. I really want that shot of Vader activating his saber in the dark aboard the Rebel ship.[/url]
I'm wondering who will have a nice steelbook on offer.

Disney will not digitally recreate Carrie Fisher for Episode IX

We don’t normally respond to fan or press speculation, but there is a rumor circulating that we would like to address. We want to assure our fans that Lucasfilm has no plans to digitally recreate Carrie Fisher’s performance as Princess or General Leia Organa.

Carrie Fisher was, is, and always will be a part of the Lucasfilm family. She was our princess, our general, and more importantly, our friend. We are still hurting from her loss. We cherish her memory and legacy as Princess Leia, and will always strive to honor everything she gave to Star Wars.

I have heard the suggestion that Leia will be killed off, but I suspect that the ending of Episode VIII will be similar to that of Fast and Furious 6 with the character retired - I'm envisioning a scene where Leia decides that she has done everything that she can and that the future of the Republic belongs in the hands of someone from the next generation, probably Rey or Finn.

I have heard the suggestion that Leia will be killed off, but I suspect that the ending of Episode VIII will be similar to that of Fast and Furious 6 with the character retired - I'm envisioning a scene where Leia decides that she has done everything that she can and that the future of the Republic belongs in the hands of someone from the next generation, probably Rey or Finn.

I would prefer something like this to them killing off Han Solo because they didn't want to pay for Harrison Ford anymore.

I would prefer something like this to them killing off Han Solo because they didn't want to pay for Harrison Ford anymore.
I wouldn't be so cynical about it myself. No doubt it was a factor, but Ford is getting on in years, the series needed some kind of emotional drive to sustain the narrative, and a means of handing the sequel trilogy over to the new characters.

Finally watched Rogue One. It was good, way better than I thought it would be. Granted, I never had high hopes for it lol.

It also triggered a curious Star Wars kick that saw me and the wife watching all the other movies throughout last week. We're now trying to swallow Clone Wars lol.

Finally watched Rogue One. It was good, way better than I thought it would be. Granted, I never had high hopes for it lol.

It also triggered a curious Star Wars kick that saw me and the wife watching all the other movies throughout last week. We're now trying to swallow Clone Wars lol.

Clone Wars is really good. I finished it recently. It fills in some of the gaps of the prequel trilogy nicely. It rounds out Anakin's character and give the clones personality. In some ways, it is the best Star Wars, in that the longer format can allow broader stories.

TV show? Just make sure you watch them in the right order. ;)

Too late haha. But indeed, we knew where (when?) it takes place beforehand, but since we binge-watched the movies, we didn't care lol. We might watch the final movie again (don't remember what episode it is, lol) after we're done with the show. though.

Too late haha. But indeed, we knew where (when?) it takes place beforehand, but since we binge-watched the movies, we didn't care lol. We might watch the final movie again (don't remember what episode it is, lol) after we're done with the show. though.
Then you have Rebels to watch. :P

I'm doing that now...

That wasn't it, Ford didn't really want to do any more Star Wars,he took quite a lot of convincing to do The Force Awakens, a major factor in him agreeing to do it was that Han Solo would be killed. Also, as if Disney can't afford to pay somebody's wages !

Last edited:
I wouldn't be so cynical about it myself. No doubt it was a factor, but Ford is getting on in years, the series needed some kind of emotional drive to sustain the narrative, and a means of handing the sequel trilogy over to the new characters.

Ford wanted out a long time ago. The only reason he did TFA was because they agreed to kill off the character.

Hmmm, I thought I had read somewhere that it was more that Disney didn't want to pay for his contract as his pay was higher than most of the rest of the cast combined.

That wasn't it, Ford didn't really want to do any more Star Wars,he took quite a lot of convincing to do Rogue one, a major factor in him agreeing to do it was that Han Solo would be killed. Also, as if Disney can't afford to pay somebody's wages !

TFA, he wasn't in Rogue One from my knowledge

Finally got caught up on Rebels, and the latest episode was fantastic. Now we wait nearly a month for the next one. :(

Also, I think I'm going to pick up the Kanan comics (not the individual comics but the combined ones they release at the end) and get to reading them.

Double post because big news. The Episode VIII title has been revealed.

http://strw.rs/61868RpcA

16179286_1396363327081931_4865542756756011519_o.jpg

Edit:

16115061.jpg

Last edited:
...I'm calling it now, Luke will die in this episode. By whom, or how? Dunno, but that title is, IMO, a dead giveaway. :sly:

...I'm calling it now, Luke will die in this episode. By whom, or how? Dunno, but that title is, IMO, a dead giveaway. :sly:

Not sure that's necessarily going to have to be the case. Han died in Ep VII. Leia is unlikely to get beyond Ep VIII. I can see Luke making it at least into Ep IX, if only to give it some balance.

It could be a resurgence of Luke. Doesn't mean he has to die. Although I think him being killed off is the higher option. A bit like Obi Wan

If you kill off Luke in this one, you're left only with secondary characters from the original trilogy (Chewy, R2 and Threepio) to carry over into the final episode. I can't see that happening. I'd say that 'The Last Jedi' just refers to Luke playing a major roll in the film.

..Well, I do believe that thematically, it makes sense to me to see Luke become the "new" Yoda, a teacher of the next generation of lightsaber wielders, then symbolically croak, letting the young 'uns take over the future. Doesn't mean he'd be written off the franchise altogether, though.

As for the possibility of a major role, I'd say that's a dead cert.

Force Ghost.

...Well, there you go.

Wait a sec, is that even the "correct" name for those apparitions?! It's so low-rent.... How 'bout, Force Nascent Divinity Spirits??

Yeah, I've been reading a lot of Chinese web novels otherwise known as Xianxias lately... :ill:

Back