STAR WARS General Discussion | Warning: Possible SPOILERS!Movies 

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 2,343 comments
Best Buy has put the Rogue One steelbook up on their website for pre-order.

At least it has the title on the spine! I got OG Trilogy, the 1-3 Trilogy and Force Awakens all in steelbook, but Force Awakens has got the damn characters images on the spine and it annoys me. haha.

Nevertheless, I have a custom made slipbox for when I receive Rogue One. :D
IMG_6808.JPG

Those are a good idea so the steelbook doesn't get scratched or dinged.

Usually I just use clear plastic ones, but I recently found a guy who makes this custom movie specific ones so thought I'd try them out.

Good news. 👍

It'll probably be the last season, they are now too close to the timeline of Rogue One (Mon Mothma is herself going rogue in tomorrow's episode, so I guess we'll see the birth of the Rebel Alliance).

Here the preview:

And one funny "attention to detail" curiosity. Recognize this guy?

Review_JonDutchVanderGoldSquadronRebelPilot_stillA.jpg

He is "Gold Leader" in Rogue One's Scariff Battle and A New Hope's Yavin Battle (where he dies, taken down by Vader)

Based on this preview Picture, the buzz is that he will show up inside the Ghost in this next episode. Maybe he is from Mon Mothma's home planet (Chandrila) or belongs to the welcoming party from Dantooine. You can spot him at the back.

reb_ia_20678.jpg

Last edited:
TNT is playing A New Hope right now, so I got excited, but unfortunately it's one of those awful special editions. No idea which version it is, but the Mos Eisley scene where Luke and Obi-Wan are questioned by sandtroopers is briefly obstructed by a large CGI animal. Also, I couldn't tell since it happened so fast, but I think Greedo might've shot first. -_-

Good news. 👍

It'll probably be the last season, they are now too close to the timeline of Rogue One (Mon Mothma is herself going rogue in tomorrow's episode, so I guess we'll see the birth of the Rebel Alliance).

Here the preview:

And one funny "attention to detail" curiosity. Recognize this guy?

Review_JonDutchVanderGoldSquadronRebelPilot_stillA.jpg

He is "Gold Leader" in Rogue One's Scariff Battle and A New Hope's Yavin Battle (where he dies, taken down by Vader)

Based on this preview Picture, the buzz is that he will show up inside the Ghost in this next episode. Maybe he is from Mon Mothma's home planet (Chandrila) or belongs to the welcoming party from Dantooine. You can spot him at the back.

reb_ia_20678.jpg

The ending of this episode was pretty awesome.

There was a mention on the radio this morning of a special press screening (in Denver) of a trailer for The Last Jedi. A guy who attended talked a little about it and stated that it featured the expected cast, including Carrie Fischer. It started with Rey handing the sabre to Luke who then asks her "Who are you?". It's not much news, but there's been very little TLJ news recently :D

Every time I read about that trailer, The Who starts playing in my head.

I can't figure out if it's a "Who are you?" Why is someone on my island invading my space, or a philosophical question about her origins.

I can't figure out if it's a "Who are you?" Why is someone on my island invading my space, or a philosophical question about her origins.

If it's the latter, I'm imagining Luke saying it in the caterpillar's voice.

There was a mention on the radio this morning of a special press screening (in Denver) of a trailer for The Last Jedi. A guy who attended talked a little about it and stated that it featured the expected cast, including Carrie Fischer. It started with Rey handing the sabre to Luke who then asks her "Who are you?". It's not much news, but there's been very little TLJ news recently :D
It was a small screening for Disney share holders with small snippets of video, wasn't really a trailer.

So, todays episode of Rebels...

At first I was disappointed that the battle literally lasted a mere 2 seconds, but maybe that was the best way for it to happen? Obi Wan, though stuck on that planet watching over Luke, has possibly learned more than Maul anticipated and become strong enough that it really wasn't going to be a close match. Wasn't ever a fan of Maul, though I didn't hate him either. It's nice to see he's finally gone (had to happen at some point) and now we can focus on the Rebellion and the events leading up to Rogue One.

Loved that episode.

For a better understanding of how the battle was scripted, I think it is important to watch the recap (Rebels Recon).
I think it was admirably done.

Warning: Even if you opened the spoiler tags, do yourself a favour and don't watch this vídeo if you didn't see the episode yet

No Rogue One yet?

Official blu ray release for UK is the 10th. Though I have had a dispatch email yesterday for my steelbook edition, so I am really hoping that arrives tomorrow or Saturday. I haven't even seen the film and I'm chomping at the bit.

Official blu ray release for UK is the 10th. Though I have had a dispatch email yesterday for my steelbook edition, so I am really hoping that arrives tomorrow or Saturday. I haven't even seen the film and I'm chomping at the bit.

Just checked Amazon to track my copy. Still saying 'out for delivery on the 8th, delivered on the 10th. :(

Rumor Patrol: Hayden Christensen is casted as Darth Vader in Episode VIII. The announcement could come at the Star Wars 40th Anniversary Celebration. Also at the celebration, a possible trailer and a behind the scenes sizzle reel.

I think it's like 99.99999% sure we'll get a trailer at Celebration. :lol:

And Hayden will be there for sure, but this Darth Vader news is new to me.

Unpopular Opinion:

I actually enjoyed his performance...

Granted I was like, seven when ROTS came out...

Hey! Put down the pitchfork!

Back