STAR WARS General Discussion | Warning: Possible SPOILERS!Movies 

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 2,343 comments
Yes. But it's not implicitly stated as fact, just implied.

Just read about the aftermath trilogy
So you think it might be Cobb? Since he is on Tattooine? Would be bit of a disappointment.

There is much speculation on reddit if the Mandalorian is perhaps a redeemed Boba. Would be a big surprise and an interesting arch. I like to think its a new original character that will never receive a name (Sergio Leone man with no name style) .

Just read about the aftermath trilogy
So you think it might be Cobb? Since he is on Tattooine? Would be bit of a disappointment.

There is much speculation on reddit if the Mandalorian is perhaps a redeemed Boba. Would be a big surprise and an interesting arch. I like to think its a new original character that will never receive a name (Sergio Leone man with no name style) .

I actually wouldn't mind if they tied in something from the Aftermath trilogy, but I don't think it's that anyway.

The Mando almost definitely isn't a redeemed Boba.. Boba's back story is well known, and it doesn't tie in with what we've seen in the Mandalorian at all.

I actually wouldn't mind if they tied in something from the Aftermath trilogy, but I don't think it's that anyway.

The Mando almost definitely isn't a redeemed Boba.. Boba's back story is well known, and it doesn't tie in with what we've seen in the Mandalorian at all.

So you think its a completely new character?

Not sure. There's not really much to go on.

Edit: Sorry, if you meant the Mado, then yes, new character... The unidentified person from chapter 5 could be anyone.

I meant the new one. The way they teased it, does somehow suggest we have met him/her before. Otherwise they would have showed more of him/her.

Yeah, that's a reasonable assumption, but none of the names so far make sense. Probably Moff Gideon's introduction.

The scene does suggest an individual though. I presume Gideon being a person with influence. Not a type to travel alone at night.

The scene does suggest an individual though. I presume Gideon being a person with influence. Not a type to travel alone at night.

Well, the other name that I've seen mentioned, is Cad Bane... buuuuuutttt.... I think I'm sticking with the Moff for now.... or Apollo Creed.

I think a lot of people would be disappointed though if it isn’t Boba.

I don't know, to me there's a difference between fan service, and simply going back to the same well all the time. I'm fine with fan service, but I think it would be a shame if a standalone show about a Mandalorian looking bounty hunter couldn't last a season without falling back on another Mandalorian looking bounty hunter.

I don't know, to me there's a difference between fan service, and simply going back to the same well all the time. I'm fine with fan service, but I think it would be a shame if a standalone show about a Mandalorian looking bounty hunter couldn't last a season without falling back on another Mandalorian looking bounty hunter.

For me it isnt just about fanservice. I am hoping for a showdown like in the good, the bad and the ugly. Probably between, Mando, Boba and the Gideon character. But perhaps that is wishfull thinking. The 3 characters should be fleshed out characters and seeing there is only 3 episodes left, I am presuming there is only time to flesh out 1 more character and the third being an existing one.

I am now completely caught up on Resistance and The Mandalorian. Looking forward to more episode of both, but more so The Mandalorian.

For me it isnt just about fanservice. I am hoping for a showdown like in the good, the bad and the ugly. Probably between, Mando, Boba and the Gideon character. But perhaps that is wishfull thinking. The 3 characters should be fleshed out characters and seeing there is only 3 episodes left, I am presuming there is only time to flesh out 1 more character and the third being an existing one.

Mexican standoff is always fun, but I'm not sure what Fett would bring to the situation. If they do bring him back, I think it'll be for the purposes of clarifying his actual Mandalorian status. At the moment we have actual Mandalorians and foundlings (adopted Mando's), then we'll have Fett, who may be one or the other - or neither... he would also be considered dead (or still being digested in the belly of the Sarlacc) by the average RotJ viewer, and by those that have followed the books, his status would be unknown at best - but those people probably aren't expecting to see him in Mando armour. If they get Temuera Morrison back, that would be kinda cool, though might be a little confusing for those who may remember him as Jango.

Mexican standoff is always fun, but I'm not sure what Fett would bring to the situation. If they do bring him back, I think it'll be for the purposes of clarifying his actual Mandalorian status. At the moment we have actual Mandalorians and foundlings (adopted Mando's), then we'll have Fett, who may be one or the other - or neither... he would also be considered dead (or still being digested in the belly of the Sarlacc) by the average RotJ viewer, and by those that have followed the books, his status would be unknown at best - but those people probably aren't expecting to see him in Mando armour. If they get Temuera Morrison back, that would be kinda cool, though might be a little confusing for those who may remember him as Jango.

Still it would be a way to introduce a character without wasting minutes fleshing out his background story. 30 minutes per epsiode is just too short. I think episode 5 suffered the most partly because of the short runtimes.

In the Clone Wars the guy who said that was somewhat of an unreliable narrator, turned out to be a traitor to the Mandalorian people, IMHO it wouldn't be the biggest thing ever if that was contradicted, at least not in the context of bringing Boba in his armour back. Like I say, clarifying the issue could be a reason to bring Boba back, but I don't see many others, personally.

I'm not sure how many of you have seen the leaks for The Rise of the Skywalker, but holy moly...

*Warning the spoiler below contains the plot of the movie according to leaks plus the big twists, so don't open it if you don't want to know*

Apparently Rey is a Palpatine who takes the adopted name of Skywalker after she blows up the Emperor (literally blows up), which is odd. Also, Kylo gets his ass kicked throughout the movie only to die in a brief moment of Reylo fanfic romance after clawing his way out of a pit.

Chewie gets a medal though, so at least that's something.

Given this, I'm not sure how excited I am to see the movie. Granted I'll be there next Friday, but still.

I'm not sure how many of you have seen the leaks for The Rise of the Skywalker, but holy moly...

*Warning the spoiler below contains the plot of the movie according to leaks plus the big twists, so don't open it if you don't want to know*

Apparently Rey is a Palpatine who takes the adopted name of Skywalker after she blows up the Emperor (literally blows up), which is odd. Also, Kylo gets his ass kicked throughout the movie only to die in a brief moment of Reylo fanfic romance after clawing his way out of a pit.

Chewie gets a medal though, so at least that's something.

Given this, I'm not sure how excited I am to see the movie. Granted I'll be there next Friday, but still.

'Bout freakin time we see Chewie get a medal.

I usually wait two weeks to get an hours worth of television but if it's really good should I watch just this one?

Back