STAR WARS General Discussion | Warning: Possible SPOILERS!Movies 

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 2,343 comments
Don't want to belabor the point, but nothing about this needs spoilering in a thread that's spoilered and talks about Star Wars?

1643426960398.png

.. why?

I know the title says "Warning: Possible SPOILERS", but I personally feel a lot better spoilering anything about The Book of Boba Fett just in case somebody hasn't seen it yet but still wants to read or post in this thread. I'd rather be too courteous than not courteous enough.

Last edited:
It’s witchcraft what they can do with the ageing. Absolute witchcraft!
The way it was done for this episode is different than how they did it in the Mando season 2 finale. They actually hired a guy that was doing amazing deep fake videos on YouTube and the improvement is staggering.

Honestly the Naboo Starfighter was my favourite part of the episode(s).

Also, the fact that it has what looks like those old school Edelbrock or Holley air cleaners, is just the cherry on top.

51JOzDoKrNL._AC_SY780_.jpg

edelbrock-engine-block-and-air-filter-D1WBC6.jpg

Fast and Furious: Mandalore Nights

Din-Djarin-Mandalorian-and-Naboo-Starfighter-in-The-Book-of-Boba-Fett.jpg

Last edited:
Obi-Wan possibly releasing in May. Hopefully a trailer isn't too far off. Maybe after the Boba Fett finale next week? Edit: Or probably during the Super Bowl.

Given the anticipation, and Disney's typical Wednesday release schedule, a May the 4th release would be very fitting.

So, I just finished watching the last episode of The Book of Boba Fett, and here are my thoughts:
1. I kind of hate they didn't show Grogu make his decision because it would have been a neat opening, but hey, at least we know his decision and they didn't leave us hanging until Season 3 of The Mandalorian. That would have been far too long of a wait for me.
2. Can't say I'm surprised the Pykes were the ones that killed the Tusken tribe, it does makes sense given they fought previously and it's really clever how they blamed the Kintin Striders for it. Thinking about it now, Finnec's skepticism with how the Kintin Striders could have done it now makes more sense. That said, I can't help but wonder if the Kintin Striders had other allies that may come later to avenge the ones they lost in the next season.
3. I got to admit, the last words to Boba's terms made me laugh out loud. 😄 It sounds like something he would say and I love it!
4. Okay, what is with Krrsantan in The Book of Boba Fett? I like this character a lot, and while them disregarding other Star Wars media in canon isn't new as I said earlier, I can't help but feel they nerfed him a bit too much in here. Could be limitations of the actor(s) portraying him perhaps, but I was really hoping he'd do better.
5. When those droids came, I was getting a little impatient that they kept shooting at it and didn't bother to try slowly breaching the shield for so long. In fact, I thought the scenes with the droids went on a little too long altogether, but at least they were cool.
6. Okay, I don't really like Rancors much as a species, but watching Boba's rancor do some destruction in this episode does make me like them a little bit more now.
7. I know Fett's allies and the rancor didn't realize they were on the same side, but I could have done without the scene of them fighting. It rubbed me wrong more than anything.
8. I used to like Cad Bane when I was younger when I watched The Clone Wars a lot. However as I've gotten older, I've gotten to where I don't really like his character, or anybody like him in general, anymore. That said, I am kind of glad they killed him off already, I was getting tired of his crap anyways. Given where Boba hit him, I feel not even Lucasfilm could bring him back again from that.
9. I must say, the citizens of Mos Espa rebelling was a nice touch I didn't see coming. I guess I wasn't wrong to think the Aqualish and the Trandosians on the streets were untrustworthy, theirs species in general seem like it anyways. I knew something seemed fishy about their leaders when they met with Boba, everything fell into place a little too easily there.
10. I actually had forgotten about Fennec's mission after she left, so seeing her kill the leaders was a nice surprise. However, I found the death of the Pykes leader to be a bit anti climatic and I would much rather have seen him get eaten by Boba's rancor for everyone to see instead, he deserved it anyways. 😄
11. About the ending, I'm not surprised Cob Vanth survived at all, Bane only shot him once while he shot the deputy multiple times, so I anticipated he'd return somehow. However, I can't help but wonder what that dude was doing in there with him.

Overall though, my first impressions are, while some scenes went on a little too long, and I thought it was great. Especially seeing all these characters come together, I'll probably watch it again soon.

Last edited:
So, I just finished watching the last episode of The Book of Boba Fett, and here are my thoughts:
1. I kind of hate they didn't show Grogu make his decision because it would have been a neat opening, but hey, at least we know his decision and they didn't leave us hanging until Season 3 of The Mandalorian. That would have been far too long of a wait for me.
2. Can't say I'm surprised the Pykes were the ones that killed the Tusken tribe, it does makes sense given they fought previously and it's really clever how they blamed the Kintin Striders for it. Thinking about it now, Finnec's skepticism with how the Kintin Striders could have done it now makes more sense. That said, I can't help but wonder if the Kintin Striders had other allies that may come later to avenge the ones they lost in the next season.
3. I got to admit, the last words to Boba's terms made me laugh out loud. 😄 It sounds like something he would say and I love it!
4. Okay, what is with Krrsantan in The Book of Boba Fett? I like this character a lot, and while them disregarding other Star Wars media in canon isn't new as I said earlier, I can't help but feel they nerfed him a bit too much in here. Could be limitations of the actor(s) portraying him perhaps, but I was really hoping he'd do better.
5. When those droids came, I was getting a little impatient that they kept shooting at it and didn't bother to try slowly breaching the shield for so long. In fact, I thought the scenes with the droids went on a little too long altogether, but at least they were cool.
6. Okay, I don't really like Rancors much as a species, but watching Boba's rancor do some destruction in this episode does make me like them a little bit more now.
7. I know Fett's allies and the rancor didn't realize they were on the same side, but I could have done without the scene of them fighting. It rubbed me wrong more than anything.
8. I used to like Cad Bane when I was younger when I watched The Clone Wars a lot. However as I've gotten older, I've gotten to where I don't really like his character, or anybody like him in general, anymore. That said, I am kind of glad they killed him off already, I was getting tired of his crap anyways. Given where Boba hit him, I feel not even Lucasfilm could bring him back again from that.
9. I must say, the citizens of Mos Espa rebelling was a nice touch I didn't see coming. I guess I wasn't wrong to think the Aqualish and the Trandosians on the streets were untrustworthy, theirs species in general seem like it anyways. I knew something seemed fishy about their leaders when they met with Boba, everything fell into place a little too easily there.
10. I actually had forgotten about Fennec's mission after she left, so seeing her kill the leaders was a nice surprise. However, I found the death of the Pykes leader to be a bit anti climatic and I would much rather have seen him get eaten by Boba's rancor for everyone to see instead, he deserved it anyways. 😄
11. About the ending, I'm not surprised Cob Vanth survived at all, Bane only shot him once while he shot the deputy multiple times, so I anticipated he'd return somehow. However, I can't help but wonder what that dude was doing in there with him.

Overall though, my first impressions are, while some scenes went on a little too long, and I thought it was great. Especially seeing all these characters come together, I'll probably watch it again soon.
I agree on the whole, the big droid scene was kind of frustrating. I'm on the fence with Cad Bane, I think he would have been a good returning main antagonist for one final thing but at the same time, some characters do need to end, I would have preferred a bit more of a brutal fight to the death but it was cool no less.
The riding of the rancor in to battle was sick, very cool scene, I don't mind that they fought as it serves as a reminder to their wild nature, it gave a cool nod to King Kong and they needed something to give Grogu a bit extra reason to be there.

My takeaway from the whole series, it was enjoyable on the whole. But it does also highlight the amazing work they did on The Mandalorian in that possibly the 2 best episodes centred almost entirely around Din rather than Boba. It has me pumped for Mando S3 but I would still like to see another series of Boba.

I agree on the whole, the big droid scene was kind of frustrating.
Glad I'm not the only one.
I think he would have been a good returning main antagonist for one final thing but at the same time, some characters do need to end, I would have preferred a bit more of a brutal fight to the death but it was cool no less.
Agreed, I know he's old now, but I think he talked too much and didn't do enough fighting in this episode. To reiterate on what I said earlier, I don't totally hate Cad Bane, having seen him many times in The Clone Wars growing up, theirs a lot to like about him, but I don't love him either and was again, getting pretty tired of him. My feelings for him nowadays are "mixed to negative" I suppose.
I don't mind that they fought as it serves as a reminder to their wild nature, it gave a cool nod to King Kong and they needed something to give Grogu a bit extra reason to be there.
And I realize that, but I do wish they had come up with something else instead of having the rancor and his allies attack out of confusion and maybe just give Grogu another important role instead.
My takeaway from the whole series, it was enjoyable on the whole.
I agree. I think it's better than some give it credit for and I do look forward to seeing more of it. Still better than the sequel trilogy in my opinion and I am starting to think Star Wars TV shows are something we need more of instead of movies.

Last edited:
Mando season 2.5 > The rest of this average-at-best series. Pacing issues and a messy narrative soured things more than anything but it wasn't totally bereft of good moments.

While I'm not unhappy with the manner in which Cad was dispatched even though his live-action appearance felt too brief here, I'm wondering what that ticking device might be. Respiratory device? Life Alert®?
However, I can't help but wonder what that dude was doing in there with him.
The mod-artist that worked on Fennec's cybernetics? Most likely getting to work fixing Cobb's right arm.

While I'm not unhappy with the manner in which Cad was dispatched even though his live-action appearance felt too brief here, I'm wondering what that ticking device might be. Respiratory device? Life Alert®?
It could be. I do recall reading he had those breathing tubes to keep him alive if anyone tried to force choke him and thinking about it now, I wouldn't be surprised if he has something else up his sleeve.
The mod-artist that worked on Fennec's cybernetics? Most likely getting to work fixing Cobb's right arm.
Well, I figured that much, I just wonder why he's in the palace. Perhaps Fett summoned him I suppose?

I just watched the last episode and, my God, I could barely sit through it. It is so cringeworthy. My first gut reaction was to call it childish but I can't call it that because a lot of childish shows have better logic applied to their characters than this. None of the character behave with common sense.

-They take so long to make decisions: Mando spots heat signatures that resemble Scorpenek droids; let's proceed to just stand here and wait for them to come. They're here! Let me deliver a cheesy line while we admire them! 🙄

-They say stupid lines: "you take them out, I'll distract the droid." YOU'RE BOTH ON THE SAME 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬 BALCONY! WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DISTRACT?! You call attention to the droid, you're both going to get blown to pieces.

-And why the hell do you continue to shoot the shield?? You've established that it does nothing! What does an elevated position do to a shield generator? Absolutely nothing.

-Perform cringey moves in the line of fire:
51878809154_f052f0c901_o.gif

(link in case the image breaks in the final post)

Honestly, what in the actual 🤬🤬🤬🤬 was that?

-There are continuity errors: Krssantan limping and barely making it to the group before getting shot in the leg and Mando and Boba have to rescue him; when the group splits up to run away from the droids, he's suddenly healed and running without a limp.

-There are differing weapons damage models for the sake of.... deus ex machina?? The droids can blow the town to pieces but cannot seem to penetrate a mud wall where the group makes its last stand.

-Hypocrisy in decision making: "Those two droids will tear the city apart!", proceeds to tear the city apart with his Rancor.

-Disney's confused stance when it comes to showing any semblance of gore or blood; Rancor can get torn up, but don't you dare show any blood on the end of Boba's gaffi stick! THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!

-The entire season was a Dune remake from wish.com From the sand worm, to the Tuskens, the syndicate that wants to profit from the spice, the spice trade itself, and that blatant rip-off about the shields. No creativity whatsoever in the writing.

You cannot lower your main character to make the side characters as important in their own friggin show. I could not give a rat's ass about the secondary characters. We wanted this show because it was going to be about Boba. Not this nonsense. Honestly at the very end, I'm glad it was Fennec and not Boba that killed the council. I'm so glad they put the final nail in that coffin.

God dammit man... they had a chance to make something good and they failed to deliver. A damn elementary school play has more believable set pieces than whatever the hell that whole build up turned out to be.

Such a heartbreaking waste of time. I really gave it a chance after seeing episodes 5 and 6 back to back only to be let down hard.

This entire show was as disjointed as this rant.

Last edited:
Back