STAR WARS General Discussion | Warning: Possible SPOILERS!Movies 

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 2,343 comments
Hope it's ok to post this here. Some of you may have seen this already.
Had the hair on the back of my neck standing up. I'm in contact with some devs and do some alpha beta testing for some games on pc so if i am allowed to share news, i will !

So far Moses Ingram is awful though and she way overacts her character. Her voice doesn't fit with the rest of the cast either, she sounds way too American for the Star Wars universe, especially when she's part of the Empire. I figured she'd be good since she was excellent in The Queen's Gambit.
She's the only major character I've not really liked so far, she's far too pantomime compared to the rest of the characters and the way she is acting doesn't make sense. Hopefully they explain it at some point, so I'll give the benefit of doubt for now on her character, but otherwise I found the first two episodes to be pretty enjoyable.

Hope it's ok to post this here. Some of you may have seen this already.
Had the hair on the back of my neck standing up. I'm in contact with some devs and do some alpha beta testing for some games on pc so if i am allowed to share news, i will !
I did create a thread at the time in the gaming section.

0:53 ... looks like someone from the Viceroy's species (Neimodian I think), probably a spy

1:03 ... Yoda looking out of the window from the Jedi Council meeting room

1:30 ... Trade Federation very important guy

1:35 ... HUGE invading army, species and symbol unknown to me

1:44 ... Trade Federation ship, same or similar to the ones used in the Clone Wars, so this can't be that far back in time (funny the fighters attacking are very similar in shape to the Cylon fighter ships from Battlestar Galactica)

1:58 ... unknown V-shaped Battle Ships (class unknown)

2:09 ... unknown species (drummer)

2:20 ... the dark (side) rises

Very cool, thanks for sharing! 👍

Last edited:
So, Kenobi episode 3...

This one started out a bit slow for me. Wasn't really digging the walking in the desert parts. Definitely picked up when they got to the town. Vader being ruthless to the citizens was pretty crazy. I thought their fight scenes were not bad given how slow Obi Wan had become. The bright lightsabers in the dark scene looked great. Not sure about the ending though. I know a couple hard core SW fans that didn't like how Vader seemed blocked by the fire and unable to do anything, but personally I think he was just toying with Kenobi and let him go at the end for some reason. Maybe he doesn't want to fight him being so weak? Like its not worth his time? Guess we'll find out next week...

Last edited:
When Leia sends the message via R2 in Rogue One-A New Hope, why does she need to remind OBI-Wan about him fighting long side her Father in the Clone Wars?

Another thing, I like how OBW also left out the duel with Anakin, on Mustafar, when telling Luke about Vader.

Watched last night's episode and cringed at some of the sneaking around. Also, I don't see what the problem is with Third Sister. Hope Fifth Brother does more than being grumpy Smurf all the time.

When Leia sends the message via R2 in Rogue One-A New Hope, why does she need to remind OBI-Wan about him fighting long side her Father in the Clone Wars?

Another thing, I like how OBW also left out the duel with Anakin, on Mustafar, when telling Luke about Vader.

Watched last night's episode and cringed at some of the sneaking around. Also, I don't see what the problem is with Third Sister. Hope Fifth Brother does more than being grumpy Smurf all the time.
Later in the movie when Luke busts her out of the cell she was in, he tells her that he's here with Ben Kenobi, and her reaction implies that she knows who that is. Helps answer that question.

Also, she named her son Ben after him. This helps fill in that story considering they never met face to face in ANH.

Last edited:
why does she need to remind OBI-Wan about him fighting long side her Father in the Clone Wars?
As an in story reason, perhaps she's just leveraging the emotional connection.

I'm not sure there's been enough explained to Leia between 10 year old 'lil Leia and ANH Leia for us to even know if those were her words, or simply what Bail told her to say, and if they were her words, does she even know Anakin Skywalker was her father? There's a lot of different ways to un-pack that sequence of events, but I think I'm right in saying that a lot of it is actually canonically open to interpretation, despite people having 25 years to reasonably assume at that point Leia and Obi-Wan didn't know each other.

In real terms you can very much just consider it as narrative explanation for the audience watching a New Hope that need a reason for Leia trying to get a message from Bail Organa to Obi-wan specifically. Perhaps if she was just asking to be rescued at that point it would have made sense for her to say something else..

and her reaction implies that she knows who that is.
It works well enough, but she'd obviously have that reaction anyway because he's the person she sent the message to.

Also, she named her son Ben after him. This helps fill in that story considering they never met face to face in ANH.
The age old meme about her comforting Luke after Ben's death, given she's just witnessed the destruction of Alderaan, also seems more reasonable now - shared grief.

Yeah, it was mpre reminding Obi-Wan. I mean, he was there at the twins’ birth(and not just separating the twins). Now, we have this big adventure with the two.
I’m also Interested to see how Leila saw her mother as sad. Guess we’ll find out in later episodes.

I’m also Interested to see how Leila saw her mother as sad. Guess we’ll find out in later episodes.
This was a feature of some of the books, Leia describing memories of her mother that she shouldn't actually have had.

I'm satisfied with the finale. Thought it was great.

Now 2 months until Andor. I can't wait.
Same here, all my worries about continuity were pretty much resolved.

Still ...

I do think that the Grand Inquisitor and Reva's self-healing abdomens are a bit too unbelievable ... :odd:

And ... couldn't help from a smile when OBK called Vader ... "Darth". Very clever and a good tie-in to ANH

I watched the 2.5 hour fan edit of Kenobi last night and I really enjoyed it. He removed a bunch of stuff, added better music and some dialog in key places. The biggest change was no Reeva scenes with Luke at the end. Definitely an improvement. Highly recommend a viewing if you haven't already.

Andor full trailer.

Also, booked a ticket for Star Wars Celebration 2023. Not that fussed about going, but they were selling out quickly and I wanted the option.

This Andor show is looking incredible. Production value seems to be better than Kenobi. Good to see Saw back! And it appears that this was pushed a month? I thought it was releasing in August.

Three episodes of ANDOR are a go. 41, 37 and 42 minutes long, respectively.

Edit: :bowdown:

Now, that’s how you do a grown folk Star Wars series.

Last edited:
Back