STAR WARS General Discussion | Warning: Possible SPOILERS!Movies 

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 2,357 comments
Exceptional finale, to a brilliant series'. Can't wait for the 2nd season.

It was one of the mose tense episodes of Star Wars I've ever watched, but it managed it in a really effortless way. The slow march and music building as they walked through Ferrix while it cut to Cassian hiding and Luthen skulking about. It was a genuine moment of not knowing what was going to happen. And when it does kick off, it feels genuine and really well thought out from the writers. I love how Cassian is the one everyone is looking for and no one looking actually sees him at any point. Very well done. The ending really has me wanting more and that's all you can ask of a finale sometimes.

Exceptional finale, to a brilliant series'. Can't wait for the 2nd season.

It was one of the mose tense episodes of Star Wars I've ever watched, but it managed it in a really effortless way. The slow march and music building as they walked through Ferrix while it cut to Cassian hiding and Luthen skulking about. It was a genuine moment of not knowing what was going to happen. And when it does kick off, it feels genuine and really well thought out from the writers. I love how Cassian is the one everyone is looking for and no one looking actually sees him at any point. Very well done. The ending really has me wanting more and that's all you can ask of a finale sometimes.
I agree, but also
I was expecting it to come to a head in a far more direct way than it did and for Cassian and Dedra to come head to head at some point. I thought Cassian might have been more involved in the uprising and riots. It was much more subtle and grounded than that as far as the main characters were concerned and much better for it. Definitely one of the best Star Wars TV/cinema out there.

Last edited:
I just fear that the storytelling in the next season will feel a bit rushed. This was just one year of Cassian's life, season 2 is all the next 4 years leading up to Scarif, but the same amount of episodes.

I am looking forward to the introduction of one particular character

rogue-one-k-2so-quotes-3_053caf66.jpeg

Apparently there will be a gap in the timeline between the end of season 1 and beggining of season 2, so we'll be a litle closer to the events of Rogue One.

I am very curious on what arc (if any) we will have concerning the characters from the imperial side. My guess is that Dedra will suffer immensely because of the events on Ferrix. If poor Syril had Uncle Harlo to rescue him into a desk job because of Ferrix One, I don't think Dedra has anyone to help her out of an even more miserable and embarrasing failure with Ferrix Two. I think she will suffer. A lot.

Now, my list of "I really want to know where this story goes" regards mostly the new characters, they are ones whose fate is still unknown to us viewers. And these are:

1. Luthen - Who is he, where does he come from, where is he going to and how will he die (because I give him a 0,00001% chance of surviving this series)

2. Dedra - Will she repent once she gets to experience the wrong side of the Empire? I guess not because after what she did in Season 1 she is beyond saving. She is clearly evil, disregards human life entirely and therefore she must also die. Probably she'll be "Boss level", I guess her end will come at the very last episode of this series. Again the same 0,00001% survival chance)

3. Syril - This one is a bit more complex. I don't get him to be totally evil, he clearly stands up for what he thinks is right (two men get murdered outside a brothel, he wants to investigate the matter and bring the murderer to justice. I would do the same). However he is a troubled person (understandably, considering that mother ... ) AND clearly he has a thing for Dedra. And THAT will probably be his downfall, I can totally see her killing him if it suits her purpose in any way. I give this one 1 50/50 chance of survival, but will always be a sad tale.

4. The ISB mole (can't remember the name) - As a character we didn't get much time to know him or feel any kind of attachment. So I guess he is expendable and his future doesn't look bright. But I guess we'll see him more and I'm curious about this one.

5. Kino Loy - Did he survive? Was he arrested? Will the empire ever learn that Andor was the instigator of the Narkina 5 events? I really think we should get closure of this arc, and I hope we will

6. Brasso/Bix/B2 - I guess the Ferrix characters will not disappear entirely, although I fear for Bix's future since is clearly a love interest for Andor (and his heart is free when we get to Rogue One). Brasso is a "feel good" character that I hope will survive the series. As for B2, well, it would be nice if he was somehow made to be a fierce rebel droid, a bit like Shopper without the annoying attitude ... And talking about droids, I'm with @Fezzik on his one big expectation regarding season 2. We do have to know that story and I bet it will be a very interesting/gripping one! ;)

Rewatched the whole series last weekend and then Rogue One afterwards, and found a cool easter egg:

1669874897904.png

The guy on the left looks like the same species of alien that helped Cassian and Melshi get off of Narkina 5. Same head gear, long arms and big hands. In fact, given that he didn't like the Empire, could it be the same one?

So I finally got around to watching the Kenobi series this week and in short, I loved it! I do have a bunch of random thoughts and first impressions I want to give on this series because it gave me a lot to think about.
  1. The first episode kind of bored me and I don’t know if me having COVID at the time I watched it soured the experience for me or what, but I struggled to find the motivation to continue watching. However, I did and the moment I saw Darth Vader open his eyes at the end of part II, I was hooked! I proceeded to binge the rest of the series afterward.
  2. While I understand to a degree why Kenobi would act like this, I didn’t really like his “find someone else” attitude at the beginning, but at least he moves past it.
  3. Okay, I’m not going to lie, I really like Tala and I think she might be a new favorite character for me, to the point where if they made a series about her, I’d be quick to watch it. Just seeing a high-ranking imperial secretly working against them behind the scenes is interesting to me and that’s something I feel we really don’t get enough of. I really admire her as a character and although I kind of saw it coming, it still made me sad when she got killed.
  4. Speaking of which, I also really like the idea of “The Hidden Path” and it was nice seeing a mention of Quinlin Vos in the series, but I hate that it was all discovered by the empire though.
  5. That tomb in Fortress Inquisitorius was FREAKY! Seeing all those dead Jedi there was pretty disturbing. I wasn’t too bothered by it at first, but looking it up later is where it really sank in for me, and truth be told, I actually lost sleep over it. In spite of everything I just said though, I still thought it was a nice touch and found it somewhat fascinating. I hope maybe in the future we’ll find out who all is in there and what happened to them because I am honestly heavily intrigued by it.
  6. On a related note, I recognized the first Jedi as Tera Senubi since I grew up watching The Clone Wars and I had wondered what happened to him after the war ended. While I don’t have a complete answer, seeing him there does provide me some closure knowing he was killed at some point.
  7. Though The Grand Inquisitor’s voice is quite different from what it was in Rebels, I do feel it still works for him, but I also feel his character design and the 5th brothers could have been done better.
  8. I know Maul and Vader have survived some stuff, but how on Earth did Reva and The Grand Inquisitor survive being stabbed like that? I am sure theirs a reason for it, but still, I wonder how.
  9. I don’t like the inquisitors as much anymore, but I do like Reva. I found her backstory interesting, I liked the exchange between her and Kenobi on Jabiim and I am honestly curious to see what becomes of her later afterward.
  10. While Haja Estree is a scumbag, I have to admit, I still can’t help but like him anyway because not only is it interesting how he fakes being a Jedi, but I like how he reforms later for the better and decides to help Obi-Wan. I hope this isn’t the last we see of him.
  11. The last thing I guess I will say is, I did enjoy that last duel with Vader and Obi-Wan. Seeing Vader’s helmet damaged, his face partially exposed, and hearing Hayden’s voice underneath was pretty awesome. This sort of thing was something I really liked in Star Wars Rebels and this is no exception! Really glad to see Hayden Christensen reprise his role.
Overall, I really enjoyed watching this, and I might watch it again sometime!

Last edited:
Guys, I have a question about Andor. Without spoiling it, are there any scenes in that show that are as disturbing as that tomb on Fortress Inquisitorious shown in the Kenobi series? I know this one is kind of opinionated, but I'd really like to know before watching because I actually lost sleep over that scene in Kenobi.

Last edited:
Guys, I have a question about Andor. Without spoiling it, are there any scenes in that show that are as disturbing as that tomb on Fortress Inquisitorious shown in the Kenobi series? I know this one is kind of opinionated, but I'd really like to know before watching because I actually lost sleep over that scene in Kenobi.
There's nothing Jedi related, so hard to say.

It depends on what you find disturbing, I didn't find anything in Kenobi disturbing myself but I think I know the scene you are referring to. In Andor there is a scene involving sensory torture, it's pretty quick, but if you found Kenobi unsettling you might find that unsettling too. But overall Andor is a much better series than Kenobi and well worth a watch IMO.

Last edited:
It depends on what you find disturbing, I didn't find anything in Kenobi disturbing myself
Like I said, my question is kind of an opinionated one.
but I think I know the scene you are referring to.
Well just to jog your memory, it was a scene in Chapter 4 when Obi-Wan was trying to rescue Leia on Fortress Inquisitorious and eventually stumbled upon the tomb, a place where they keep the corpses of dead Jedi on display. Although it doesn't go on too long, Obi-Wan does take the time to look around at it and they do show close-ups of some of them (which is what REALLY gets to me), but he eventually moves on when he hears Leia screaming.

(and yes I know I could have just pasted a link to a video showing it, but I honestly don't even want to do that 😳)
Although I don't hate that scene, it really was a disturbing one for me and I'm usually the last person to get freaked out by stuff from shows and movies. I mean, I have seen Anakin's sith eyes and him burning on Mustafar in Episode III and if we have to go outside of Star Wars, I have seen Nightmare On Elm Street 4, The Patriot, and more recently, Air Force One, yet this scene is what gets to me. :odd:
In Andor there is a scene involving sensory torture, it's pretty quick, but if you found Kenobi unsettling you might find that unsettling too.
Oh, I may not know what it is, but it does sound disturbing, so I'll keep that in mind. What episode is it anyways?
But overall Andor is a much better series than Kenobi and well worth a watch IMO.
So I've heard. I've already watched the first episode and I honestly got pretty bored by it, but I am willing to give it the benefit of a doubt. The first episode of Kenobi didn't exactly excite me either, but the rest of the series certainly did.

Like I said, my question is kind of an opinionated one.

Well just to jog your memory, it was a scene in Chapter 4 when Obi-Wan was trying to rescue Leia on Fortress Inquisitorious and eventually stumbled upon the tomb, a place where they keep the corpses of dead Jedi on display. Although it doesn't go on too long, Obi-Wan does take the time to look around at it and they do show close-ups of some of them (which is what REALLY gets to me), but he eventually moves on when he hears Leia screaming.

(and yes I know I could have just pasted a link to a video showing it, but I honestly don't even want to do that 😳)
Although I don't hate that scene, it really was a disturbing one for me and I'm usually the last person to get freaked out by stuff from shows and movies. I mean, I have seen Anakin's sith eyes and him burning on Mustafar in Episode III and if we have to go outside of Star Wars, I have seen Nightmare On Elm Street 4, The Patriot, and more recently, Air Force One, yet this scene is what gets to me. :odd:

Oh, I may not know what it is, but it does sound disturbing, so I'll keep that in mind. What episode is it anyways?

So I've heard. I've already watched the first episode and I honestly got pretty bored by it, but I am willing to give it the benefit of a doubt. The first episode of Kenobi didn't exactly excite me either, but the rest of the series certainly did.
It's in Episode 9 IIRC. It's obvious when it's going to happen though, it doesn't come from nowhere. Differnet things get to different people in different ways. Certain scenes get to me thanks to certain experiences in life, but other people might not think they're a big deal.

Last edited:
It's in Episode 9 IIRC. It's obvious when it's going to happen though, it doesn't come from nowhere.
Well, that's good to know. Though I obviously haven't seen it yet, I have a feeling it'll probably just make me slightly angry because that's a reaction I tend to get from torture/interrogation scenes in shows and movies. Then again....
Reva was interrogating Leia during the tomb scene in Kenobi, but strangely, I wasn't even phased by it, probably because I was too distracted by the tomb itself perhaps?
Time will tell though. Thanks for the heads up!
Differnet things get to different people in different ways. Certain scenes get to me thanks to certain experiences in life, but other people might not think they're a big deal.
Agreed. I got to thinking after I posted that, but I think the fact all those dead Jedi had their eyes wide open and it was lit pretty bright is probably what did it for me.

I can remember watching The Fast and The Furious when I was younger and being slightly disturbed by how one of the gunman's eyes was still open despite him being dead and there is another movie (I forget the name) that also showed this sort of thing which gave me a similar reaction. Neither of these scenes went on very long though, so they didn't really have time to get to me and I never saw anything of this nature again until now. That scene in Kenobi however went on much longer than any of these and since I have not been exposed to this much at all, that might explain why I was so unprepared for it.

Last edited:
So I finished watching Andor yesterday and here are my thoughts.
I'm going to be completely honest here, I found this show to be EXTREMELY boring. I know it's meant to be a slow burn but the episodes just go on WAY too long, theirs far too much talking and not nearly enough action or anything to really make me want to watch it. The only scenes that even remotely stood out to me were:
1. When they stole the credits on Aldhani and then saw the meteor shower and escaped through it.
2. Seeing Kino Loy soften up and then lead the prison break.
3. The citizens rebelling against the empire on Ferrix. Won't lie, watching that stormtrooper get kicked off that tower actually made me laugh.
4. The post-credit scene, though short, was rather interesting to watch. I knew I recognized those parts they were building somewhere.

Everything else, I just did not care about. It probably doesn't help I wasn't a huge fan of Rogue One either and Andor's name was all I really remembered of him from that movie. Maybe I am missing something here, I went in with the wrong mindset, or maybe my expectations were misplaced, but my expectations were pretty low and I gave it the benefit of a doubt hoping it would surprise me. Still, I hate to be so negative about this, but at the end of the day, I did not enjoy this show, it was a struggle for me to even finish it and overall, it was not for me. Unless season 2 makes some dramatic changes, I can't say I am interested in it.

Last edited:
@Sonygamer455

Fair enough. It's a different flavour of Star Wars for sure. It seems that the standout moments you listed tended to be what each of the story arcs led up to, so whilst you might not have found the rest that gripping, possibly the other episodes were required for you to get the pay off in the stuff you liked. A lot of the animated series pull this off in half the time, but it could be argued they don't have the depth.

Bad Batch S2 E1 and E2 have dropped, in many ways more familiar and comfortable - and I don't mean that in a condescending sense. Easier to get on with, and man, the animation has come on so much.

Fair enough. It's a different flavour of Star Wars for sure. It seems that the standout moments you listed tended to be what each of the story arcs led up to
You know, I didn't even realize that when I typed it. :dunce:
so whilst you might not have found the rest that gripping, possibly the other episodes were required for you to get the pay off in the stuff you liked. A lot of the animated series pull this off in half the time, but it could be argued they don't have the depth.
And I don't mind having some build-up for an upcoming scene, it can be good when done right, but for me, watching the episodes building up to those moments was like watching paint dry on a wall, I didn't enjoy them hardly at all. The only reason I even found the motivation to sit through them was not because of the actual episodes for Andor, but more because I had been impressed with The Mandalorian, The Book of Boba Fett, and Obi-Wan Kenobi in the past and was hoping to be pleasantly surprised with this one. The only time I found myself feeling somewhat anxious to watch another episode was when I knew the prison break was coming. I am glad ya'll found enjoyment in this show because I sure didn't.

Last edited:
I re-watched Kenobi over the christmas period and enjoyed it much more second time around. It was the first thing i watched after getting Disney+ and perhaps i didn't know what to expect for a live action Star Wars TV series on the first watch through. The acting/casting was top notch and it moved along at a good pace without feeling rushed like some of the films do.

I still feel on balance that it was a part of the Star Wars timeline that didn't really need telling. It brought up more questions than filled in gaps, especially in regards to Ben and Vader's meeting on the Death Star in EpIV. Armed with the knowledge of what happened in the Kenobi series, the dialogue in that part of A New Hope now makes less sense than it did in my head previously. I was quite happy with how Revenge of the Sith finished and A New Hope started. I don't feel i needed to know, or was in any way interested to know, what happened in the time in between (for Obi Wan's side of the story).

The two seasons of The Mandalorian were first class. The best non-film material, actually, the best overall material to come out since the Disney take over. Felt very Star Wars, but at the same time the story isn't really hampered by the requirement of having to tie in with any existing part of the Star Wars story to any major extent. I think this degree of freedom let the writers and directors really let rip with the story telling. It's largely episodic nature kept everything fresh too.

The Book of Boba Fett was good, even great, in parts - the earlier episodes especially with the Tuskan Raiders, but the later ones felt more like Madalorian episodes and the fight for Mos Espa was weak, as were the cringey cyborg kids.

As much as i enjoyed Andor, i felt it would have been much better condensed down to 8 episodes rather than the 12. Some elements really dragged on and slowed the pacing down. Much of the Mon Mothma/Coruscant scenes and a good deal of the Ferrix stuff could have been cut without losing out on any story telling or character development and the whole of the Niamos tourist planet scenes felt unneeded and confussing to the plot. The Aldhani storyline and the prison on Narkina 5 bits were great though.

Watched the first 3 episodes of the Bad Batch 2nd season.

Before doing it I re-watched (binged) the 1st season just to have a fresh memory on things. It's even better than I remembered, I guess when you have story arcs that develop throughout an entire season but you are watching only one episode per week sometimes you can lose patience with some unavoidable "bridge-episodes" or even "bridge-moments". However, seeing it all like a long movie changes our perception and really fleshes out the coherence of it all and the importance of the litle things in the larger story being told. Not going to mention any specifics so not to spoil it but both the beginning and the end of that 1st season are really powerful. The beginning will hit you especially if you watched Rebels. The end will do it also especially if you watched The Clone Wars.

And that's maybe something that needs to be said. Star Wars animation is as vibrant, if not more (and a lot more well-thought and coherent) than Star Wars live action (movies and TV series). I don't know what made George Lucas do The Clone Wars, but in doing it he really brought a new, and more favourable, light to the prequel trilogy, fleshing out so many characters (and creating so many more) and stories that really gave depth to that entire Universe.

It's a bit like what happens when you are a LOTR/Tolkien fan. both The Hobbit and LOTR itself are great, but it is when you dive deeper and understand that in Tolkien's mind that was just the surface (the part he decided was worthy of sharing to a general audience) of an entire world imagined by him. And then all the stories become so much more powerful, be it the (smug) sadness of elves, the doubts and frailty of men, the grumpyness and distrust from (and of) dwarves, all contrastig with the easy-going way of the Hobbits, who never got involved in the "big stuff" and are therefore unnafected by it. All makes sense if you read more than LOTR and TH. But I digress ...

The reality is that "The Bad Batch" draws from a Star Wars Universe whose surface is barely scratched in the movies, a Universe that exploded with The Clone Wars (7 seasons, 100+ episodes) a series that fits in a very short timeline in the BIG story (just between the end of Episode II and the start of Episode III), but is bigger than what that timeline was supposed to reveal. It is in The Clone Wars that we get introduced to Ashoka Tano, it is in The Clone Wars that we get a very layered and complex depiction of Anakin Skywalker and understand his story arc, it is in The Clone Wars that we get Mandalore properly developed, the Jedi Council's mistakes explained, Count Dooku's character explored (now with a big boost in "Tales of the Jedi"), and a host of Clones, starting with REX, of course, but many important others from the 501st (Anakin's clone unit) like Fives, Echo, Jesse. And also other Clones like Cody (commander under Obi Wan), Gregor (Republic Commando), Wolffe (Commander under Jedi Master Plo Koon, another character movie-only folks won't know).

That Universe unknown to movie goers was - after the Clone Wars ended - again expanded with Star Wars Rebels, set in the timeline some 15 years after the end of the Republic. This one didn't get so much praise as its predecessor because clearly the violence had to be toned down and the target audience adapted to what then was a Disney + show, but in any case the later seasons (3 and 4) pulled only a few punches and the story and the destiny of some of the main characters (Kanan) and villains (Maul) was really gripping and well written/told/depicted/acted and directed.

So, now the Bad Batch. I'd say that anyone that sees this without previously seeing both The Clone Wars, Rebels and even Tales of the Jedi (not needed per se, but for good measure do it) will miss, not understand or not give due importance to many small details. And will entirely NOT KNOW a thing about very important Clones (Rex, The "Bad Batchers", Echo, Cody), why they are as they are and what their past experience is, both for themselves and also regarding the previous interactions they all had between them. Also, many characters and planets they visit or meet, or even mention, will be entirely unknown to the viewer.

So, I suggest to anyone that has some interest in checking out this series to do it properly and go see TCW, Rebels and Tales of the Jedi. For two main reasons: 1 it is definitely worth it. 2 it will make your viewing of the Bad Batch so much better and immersive, it won't be an "action" tv series anymore.

All this said, the first 3 episodes of this 2nd season are great. The first 2 get us back to the characters and the 3rd continues the long story of how the Empire settles and expands throughout the Galaxy, both in the "ex-republic" planets and in the "ex-separatist" ones. And how anyone trying to avoid being under the grip of this ever increasing shadow will slowly but surely be pushed into a corner. Submit and live as you can, or rebel and be killed or live on the run forever. No other choice and when we come to Andor (15 years later), with an Empire truly omnipresent, that duality in everyone's life choice has become completely unavoidable. The Bad Batch tells us how it all started, how the Republic became the Empire, how (and why) the Clones were replaced by StormTroopers. So far, it has been fascinating.

I missed out on later series of The Clone Wars, just as i did with Rebels. Both due to them switching, in the UK, to different broadcasting channels, or streams, to what i had available to me at the time.

I think i managed to catch up without missing out on any Rebels episodes when i subscribed to D+, with it being fresher in my mind. But i have no idea how far i got into the Clone Wars before i had to stop watching - so it must be 10 years now since i've seen any of it. I feel i should go back and watch it all as a refresh but with 133 episodes that's a lot of back tracking. Perhaps if there's ever a quiet period between series in the SW Disney+ schedule i'll maybe jump in and try and continue where i left off.

I feel i remember enough from the Clone Wars to enjoy Bad Batch without much of it going over my head.

I missed out on later series of The Clone Wars, just as i did with Rebels. Both due to them switching, in the UK, to different broadcasting channels, or streams, to what i had available to me at the time.

I think i managed to catch up without missing out on any Rebels episodes when i subscribed to D+, with it being fresher in my mind. But i have no idea how far i got into the Clone Wars before i had to stop watching - so it must be 10 years now since i've seen any of it.

Do you remember the D-Squad arc with Meebur Gascon? 'A sunny day in the void' where a small squad of Droids including R2 get stranded on a white and orange desert planet?

image_ab8202d2_c22bf884.jpeg

It was one of the visual more memorable episodes from Season 5, which I think was when it moved off Cartoon Network in the UK, which was about 10 years ago. If that's the case you've only missed season 6 which was cut short (assuming you watching season 7 when it dropped on D+)

Do you remember the D-Squad arc with Meebur Gascon? 'A sunny day in the void' where a small squad of Droids including R2 get stranded on a white and orange desert planet?

image_ab8202d2_c22bf884.jpeg

It was one of the visual more memorable episodes from Season 5, which I think was when it moved off Cartoon Network in the UK, which was about 10 years ago. If that's the case you've only missed season 6 which was cut short (assuming you watching season 7 when it dropped on D+)
I've been looking back through the episode synopsis' on wiki and i think i probably watched all of season 3 as some of the synopsis ring a bell - where as nothing from season 4 really does. I knew i was several seasons behind, just wasn't aware of quite how many!

If i recall rightly, i had to stop watching when we switched from Sky for a few years - or maybe switched packages and we no longer had access to Cartoon Network. I might just try watching the last episode or couple of from season 3 and see if it looks familiar.

Watched the final episode (22) of Clone Wars Season 3 over the weekend. Nope, not seen that. So watched an episode a few back from that (18). Nope, not seen that either. Watched all those inbetween, just to see if they rang any bells. Nope. How about the first episode? Maybe, but it reminds me of the earliest Bad Batch episodes, so could be that making it seem familiar. Ended up watching about 18 episodes all in all and mostly out of sequence so looks like i didn't get as far as season 3. I'll try again with season 2, but looking at their synopsis it all seems more familiar, Mandalore and young Boba Fett etc.

It appears that i've still got plenty of SW animation to plough through before the next live action series comes out!

Last edited:
Seen episodes 3 and 4 of The Bad Batch recently and I have some random thoughts on them.
  1. For starters, it's about time we finally got something about Commander Cody after The Clone Wars because Disney hasn't really explored that yet to my knowledge. It's honestly something they should have covered a lot sooner than now in my opinion, but better late than never! :)
  2. I have wondered before what would happen if a blaster bolt was to go into the barrel of another blaster or cannon and this episode actually covers that! It was pretty cool to watch too!
  3. I just love seeing battle droids still active after the Clone Wars have ended. The episode "The Last Battle" in Star Wars Rebels was one of my favorite ones for this very reason and this episode will likely be another for me as well.
  4. I love all the close-quarters combat we get in this episode and found it pretty refreshing to watch.
  5. The way Crosshair took out that tactical droid was amazing and it was fascinating to find out a bit more about how those devices worked.
  6. I do admire Tawni Ames's stance against the Empire and it was nice to hear her reference Mina Bonterri and the peace negotiations, something I ain't heard about in a while.
  7. It didn't surprise me much when Cody put down his weapon, but I was a little surprised to see Crosshair lower his for a moment. Wasn't surprised at all that he killed Tawni though since he's a stickler for following orders.
  8. It's interesting how Crosshair seems to have an attachment to Cody despite the latter being hesitant to kill Tawni. The Clone Wars Season 7 seems to imply The Bad Batch knew Cody before the battle of Anaxes and suddenly I wonder how far back it goes.
  9. Kind of glad to see Cody apparently is leaving the Empire because having him mindlessly serve them just wouldn't be too enjoyable. Now I just wonder what is going to happen to him next, I have a feeling it won't end well for him.
  10. This episode may be kind of pulling a "Book of Boba Fett Episode 4 move" by taking its attention away from The Bad Batch themselves, but much like that episode, it was really good and something that I felt needed to be told. It was a nice change of pace.
  1. This episode felt kind of like a throwback to The Phantom Menace with its emphasis on racing, even if it isn't pod racing, and was also a nice change of pace.
  2. I love the exchange between TAY-0 and Tech and how TAY-0 makes all these remarks and Tech just talks to him like he does to anyone else. :P
  3. It's nice to see Dowuten character outside of the sequel trilogy because I find Grini Millegi's species rather interesting and having a Nosaurian racer once again kind of added to what I said in #1.
  4. Since Season 1, I always had a weird feeling about Cid, but hearing Tech inquire about her dealings with individuals of questionable integrity, how Grini warned them to watch their backs, and the simple fact Cid is a Trandoshan, I have a feeling she's going to turn on them eventually.
  5. I like how the episode puts the spotlight on Tech because I feel like he never really gets as much recognition as he should in some ways and I hope every member of The Bad Batch gets an episode of this sort.
  6. I am sure there was more I was going to say, but I found this episode to be very enjoyable overall and will likely watch it again sometime to see what I may have missed.

Last edited:
I've meant to give my thoughts on the past few episodes of The Bad Batch The Mandalorian lately, but just haven't done it. For now, I think I am going to talk about last week's and this week's episodes.
1. As someone who grew up watching new episodes of The Clone Wars every time they came on for years, it's about flipping time we finally got another episode about the Zillo Beast! Palpatine gave orders back in season 2 to clone the beast, but we never got any mention of this ever again, until now. Sure we might have gotten a Kylo Ren comic that featured one, but it didn't appear to have any connection to what happened in The Clone Wars. I heard frustration from the team was why they never did anything else about it in the series, but I guess the tech they have now can handle it much better. I hate it took them this long to finally revisit that part of the story, but hey, better late than never! :) Now I just hope that isn't the last we hear about it.
2. I wonder why the Zillo Beast feeds on energy because there was no mention of that in The Clone Wars. 🤔
3. Glad we finally got something on the other Kaminoans again because the last time we saw anything on them was at the end of season 1.
4. I wonder why they took all the nearby citizens after the beast was contained. I suspect they don't want anyone revealing its existence to anybody since they have plans for it and probably don't want anybody to know about it.
5. I have to admit, I have not cared too much for Cid since season 1 and ever since then, I always felt like she was going to betray them and now I feel that even more than before. It was nice seeing them stand up to her and I honestly don't want a redemption arc for her, I hope they eventually just cut ties with her.

I am sure theirs more I was going to say, but that's all I remember for now.
1. Nice to see another Crosshair episode, I am really enjoying these.
2. That clone named Mayday is an interesting character and I can't help but wonder why he was left there for so long.
3. Why was Crosshair still messing with his head? He says he removed his chip, but frankly, I have always been doubtful of this. Could be something else though, so who knows? 🤷
4. It was nice to finally see Crosshair soften up some because prior to this episode, he hadn't changed too much since leaving Clone Force 99. Now I just wonder where it will all go from here.
5. Was getting kind of tired of that cocky imperial running his mouth and I was afraid Crosshair wouldn't do anything, but I am so glad he killed him. That guy honestly deserved it and I am not sure I would have liked having to hear more from him later. Kind of gives me vibes when Chi Cho was killed in season 1 of The Clone Wars because I hated his character too and it ironically happened on a snowy planet as well. To both of them, I say good riddance!
6. I have a feeling Crosshair is going to want to go back to The Bad Batch now after seeing how the Empire doesn't seem to care for him or his allies. I predict they are the ones that will rescue him from where ever they're keeping him right now.
1. Got to admit, I thought the initiation at the beginning was a flashback of Din at a young age but was surprised to find out it wasn't.
2. I wonder what the armorer is going to do to Din later in the season because I get the vibe she is just tolerating him for now, but who knows what will happen next?
3. I don't remember too much of what Nevarro looked like before, but it certainly has been transformed into a very different place now and I am eager to see where it goes from here.
4. I wonder if Greef Karga will turn on him again as he did in season 1, but hopefully not.
5. I had heard that they had planned on bringing IG-11 back and I am pleased to see it's finally happening because I liked that droid. Now I just hope they can repair him and he will be loyal to them again. Suddenly it makes me miss Kuiil again.
6. I have a feeling those Nikto pirates are going to show up again and probably be what the season ends on.
7. Much like the armorer, I also get the vibe Bo Katan is just tolerating Din for now and will probably get fed up with him later on. I can't imagine her being happy about him having the Darksaber.
8. I do hope we get more about Moff Gideon in this season besides that one mention. I do like his character and think we need more of him.
1. I had been looking forward to seeing what's left of Mandalore since the trailer dropped and it was nice to finally see it!
2. I really like that sound effect for when Din has his suit pressured, makes me wish the atmosphere wasn't breathable just so I could hear it more often. :lol:
3. It was great to see the spotlight on Grogu again because I feel he doesn't get enough time to shine sometimes.
4. I guess I wasn't wrong to think Bo Katan would get frustrated with Din eventually because she talked like she wanted to kill him upon seeing his ship. Now I just wonder what is going to happen with them later given how this episode went. 🤔
5. Can those jetpacks actually be used underwater like that or was Bo Katan just thinking fast?
6. Now that Din has been in the water again, I wonder if the armorer will believe anything he says about it.

Last edited:
So, we got new episodes and of course, I got thoughts on them as usual. I must say, I really like waking up to this. 😎
  1. I wonder why Din didn’t remember that creature.
  2. I wonder who attacked Bo Kayan’s home. I doubt it's Gideon since they already mentioned what happened to him, but it was also said he was executed for war crimes back in season 1, yet he came back, so who knows?
  3. Bo Katan seems a bit more accepting of Din’s values now and the two seem to be getting along better.
  4. Something tells me everything Pershing is doing will be short-lived.
  5. Can’t say I saw that betrayal coming, I kind of feel bad for Pershing.
  6. I kind of thought those Pershing scenes went on too long in a way that reminds me too much of Andor. Given how I hated that show, that's not a good thing to me, but hopefully whatever becomes of it later will be worth the watch.
  7. Have to admit I wondered how Bo Katan and the Armorer would get along should they meet, now I know!
1. While watching the Mandalorian, I actually started wondering why we hadn't seen those creatures that Zam Wessel used in Attack of the Clones in a while, but then go figure, they show up here! :P
2. I really do think Pabu is one of the better-looking planets I have seen in a while, possibly the best-looking one I have seen yet! If ain't based on Hawaii, then I don't know what it is.
3. Not only does it look good, but I like how warm and welcoming the people there seem to be, I feel like we don't see this enough in Star Wars.
4. I'm amazed how they were able to evacuate everybody from that tidal wave without any deaths.
5. Kind of makes me sad knowing how they're after Omega now and the Empire may find them there eventually if they stay too long. Really hope it doesn't come to that though.
6. I really like the unpredictable nature of The Bad Batch episodes. It seems with every new episode they have now, you don't really know what they're going to be doing next and that was something I liked about The Clone Wars as well because sometimes it was like this too.
7. I kind of wish all this drama with Cid would come to a head already, I feel like it's going on a little too long now.

Last edited:
Back