STAR WARS General Discussion | Warning: Possible SPOILERS!Movies 

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 2,343 comments
Its been great so far. I'm hoping that Disney will take the positive reviews from this learn a thing or two. If they're not going to give us any new movies for a while, give these shows movie sized budgets. Andors budget was larger than Kenobi and it shows. The Volume is a great new tool for them to use, but on location shooting is still worlds better and it shows here.

It's got a mature, serious tone to it and the fan service is rather deep, not superficial like most SW throwbacks as of late. The various breakdowns on Youtube really show it off, especially Screencrush. Tons of detail that you wouldn't see unless you picked through every frame and were very knowledgable in the lore and watching other series. The acting is spectacular, movie-like, maybe better than Mando. But of course Mando has done massive fan service and a bunch of laser sword battles so of course it's everybody's favorite. If Mando and other SW material are like Breaking Bad, then Andor is like Better Call Saul, much less exciting but arguably better in many ways. And we already know what this simmering rebellion culminates in so watching the drama and politics behind the scenes makes me giddy and pulls me deep into the universe. Err, the galaxy.

Holy crap this show is amazing. And we get 24 episodes of this when its all said and done. I hope that Disney is taking some notes here.

Good episode. As it happens in real life with all dictatorships, the crackdown (from the Empire) will be immense and painful throughout the galaxy. And this will favour the appeal of the (still simmering) rebellion in all peoples affected. Although I suspect the Aldhanis (sp?) will be put to extinction or close to it

I think that was the first time I saw anyone(two) from the empire just chillin’.
Press Conference Kermit GIF

I'm looking forward to starting Andor, I've got the first 6 episodes to binge before settling into the final half of the season. Disney seem to be very inconsistent with their offerings of late, I feel that they've dropped the ball with recent projects, Bobba Fett, She-Hulk, acting aside I felt Moonknight was bang average, but this looks very good and is getting positive reviews.

Well, I've started watching Andor. Me and the wife have just finished episode 4 this evening and we are both really enjoying it so far. It could be the best Star Wars TV show yet. The acting and characters are on point and it's hitting the right notes. Episode 2 was a bit slow, but it picked up in 3 and episode 4 was enjoyable as well.

Episode 7 was also solid, a bit slow but lots of gritty details in this one. And a great cameo that most won't recognize unless they've seen the animated shows.

Tales of the Jedi was great, really added more depth to the prequel trilogy. Hoping we get more of these in the future!

Last edited:
Another excellent episode of Andor.

The escape from the prison was really well done, and the reveal of the rebel spy working with the ISB was handled well. Skarsgard owns every scene he's in. Had to feel for Kino, right at the end of the escape "I can't swim". This is how you build compelling characters and a story.

The show is just down right ****ing amazing is what it is. Emmy award worthy. Low viewership be damned, apparently Disney is happy with how it is performing. And season 2 starts filming in a couple weeks. Unfortunately we won't see it until the end of 2024.

Maarva isn't dead. She faked her death. Happened off screen and if there is one thing we should all know about death in Star Wars, if we didn't see it, it didn't happen. 😉

Last edited:
Hyped for the finale. Apparently the run time is ~54 minutes. And there's a post credits scene.
Yep looking forward to it immensely. I like how it's converged to this point, definitely one of my favourite star wars series' so far.

Same here. Although with so many pieces still moving I just can't see how they will ALL fall into place during 54 minutes.

Also ... the face on the Cantwell Class ship's captain after the action ends is priceless. Totally meme material! :lol:

That was one of the longer episodes, but I feel like it needed to be longer. So much crammed into 50 minutes.

And now we wait 2 years for more. 😔

Andor has become my favourite Star Wars series to date, that's how you build characters and make them feel alive in a series. Some of the acting was excellent
in particular the scene near the end when Denise Gough who played Dedra was being dragged along and Syril pulled her away, the way she portrayed someone who felt like they were about to die, fantastic.

The use of practical effects and sets over dgital sets, green screens and overuse of CGI also made it one of the best looking shows too.

Last edited:
Episode 12 End Credits: Yep.
I may need to check the timelines again. It looked almost complete there but this is still 4 years before Yavin and its maiden planet-destroying voyage?

Last edited:
I may need to check the timelines again. It looked almost complete there but this is still 4 years before Yavin and its maiden planet-destroying voyage?
It could make sense that it would appear to be mostly complete form the outside but still be a few years away from completion, for many large projects like a ship or a house you would usually construct the frame, then the shell and then complete the internals in that order.

Last edited:
It could make sense that it would appear to be mostly complete form the outside but still be a few years away from completion, for many large projects like a ship or a house you would usually construct the frame, then the shell and then complete the internals in that order.
but then there was the FULLY ARMED AND OPERATIONAL BATTLESTATION Death Star 2 which was done the other way round - I know, that was a trap!

but then there was the FULLY ARMED AND OPERATIONAL BATTLESTATION Death Star 2 which was done the other way round - I know, that was a trap!
Good shout, I think sometimes it's probably nothing more than some things are designed a certain way because they look good. Perhaps there's nothing more to either of them than that.

Last edited:
Back