STAR WARS General Discussion | Warning: Possible SPOILERS!Movies 

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 2,343 comments
I got thoughts on them as usual
On your first Mando point, I don't the he was attacked, the Mythosaur was just there, in the darkness. As for the betrayal... really? Couldn't have been more obvious to me, that's not a criticism I think the Elia Kane character is pretty well done... the fact she hadn't come clean about working for Gideon to the other amnesty people was a big giveaway... it wouldn't surprise me if she still was.

Also, I'm glad they worked in a scene at Umate, that's a really interesting idea that I think came from the books.

On your first Mando point, I don't the he was attacked, the Mythosaur was just there, in the darkness.
Gotcha.
As for the betrayal... really? Couldn't have been more obvious to me, that's not a criticism I think the Elia Kane character is pretty well done... the fact she hadn't come clean about working for Gideon to the other amnesty people was a big giveaway... it wouldn't surprise me if she still was.
Yea a Youtuber I am familiar with also made it out like it was pretty obvious as well, but somehow I didn't really sense it much and I have a feeling I am probably going to feel stupid when I watch it again. :lol: Maybe I was too focused on Pershing or maybe I just got bored through the whole thing? (afterall I did compare it to Andor) Not the first time I have had moments like this either because back in Star Wars Rebels, when Maul kept saying "he lives" over and over again, I thought he was referring to Sidious for some reason. It didn't dawn on me until a little later he was talking about Kenobi and now I wonder why he wasn't the first thing to cross my mind for a while. :odd:

Come to think of it though, I just remembered how Elia acted a little strange while they were on the star destroyer and I sort of wondered about her intentions for a moment but I didn't think much of it. To tell you the truth, prior to this episode I had totally forgotten about her as a character and I barely remember her from previous episodes.
Also, I'm glad they worked in a scene at Umate, that's a really interesting idea that I think came from the books.
Not the first time it has appeared either, The Clone Wars Season 2 also featured it, in a Mandalorian arc funny enough and in Season 3 as well.

Last edited:
If you would've told me Jar Jar Binks saves Grogu 24 hours ago I would've looked at you like you'd lost your damn mind.

1. Glad they finally left Pabu, I feared the Empire would find them there and invade the place, but I am glad they didn't.
  2. That was a really nice hit when Hunter took down that fighter with his pistol! Didn’t see that coming honestly.
  3. Whoa there, I knew something was bound to happen, but I did not expect Tech of all people to be the one to "die"! Too bad, I liked him and felt he deserved more. However, the reason I say "die" is because part of me feels he’s not truly dead since we didn't see his body afterward. Seeing how Echo, Darth Maul, and Admiral Trench managed to come back after we thought they were dead, I wouldn't be surprised if the same happens to Tech. I honestly hope that's the case.
  4. Didn't expect to see director Krenic in there. To tell you the truth I didn't recognize him because I never watched Rogue One much at all since I didn't care too much for it. It wasn't until Tarkin mentioned his name I realized it was him.
  5. Didn't expect to see Barton Coburn either, but it was nice to see him again. Funny enough I watched the Citadel arc again recently and wondered what happened to him.
  6. Was surprised to see Saw Gerrera as well, but not at all surprised at why he was there and what he planned to do though. Really wish he hadn't blown up the place, I am getting to where I like him less and less with every appearance he makes.
  7. I just knew Cid was going to expose the group, I saw that coming pretty early into the season and I think even in the last season too. I have to admit though, her showing a bit of remorse and sadness over the decision was something I didn't expect though, but I guess losing Tech made her soften up a bit.
  8. Getting kind of tired of Hemlock as a character, whatever they have planned for him, I just hope it comes soon in the next season.
  9. Maybe I haven't paid enough attention, but I was surprised to find out Emerie Karr was a sister to Omega. Now what happens from here will be interesting to see.
As a majority of my thoughts have demonstrated, this episode was full of surprises. However, as someone who grew up watching every episode of The Clone Wars, Rebels, and The Bad Batch and having been impressed with every season finale we ever got in these shows, this finale I can honestly say is the first and only one to disappoint me. I was really hoping they would rescue Crosshair here as part of it because that was what I was expecting, but we didn't get that. Instead, it ended on a cliffhanger and now we have to wait another year or 2 for the next season to see what happens next. I don't mind having something to set up for the next season, but I hate cliffhangers and this wasn't a good conclusion in my opinion. It feels more like something I'd expect before a mid-season break than a finale. Suddenly it makes me wish we had 20+ episodes each season as we did in The Clone Wars. Don't get me wrong though, they weren't bad episodes, I still liked them, but I just wish it was more of a conclusion than what we got in the end.

On the bright side though, the season was good, and I have plenty to be excited for in Season 3 at least.

Last edited:
I was a bit cold on the Bad Batch back at the start. Not that there's anything wrong with story-of-the-week style shows, but I did have a feeling that Space A-Team would never live up to what the Clone Wars achieved - I'm really glad it's picked up where Clone Wars left off in terms of mixing lore with new canon, and making hard hitting episodes... this season has again proven why sideswipes at animation as being kids shows are so stupid. Bad Batch didn't finish where I thought it would and I agree with the above comment that it almost feels more like a mid-season break cliff hanger.

@Sonygamer455 regarding your third point, you have to wonder where the Bad Batch ends, I could see none of the squad surviving with the exception of Omega.

As for Mando, the reveal of Zeb was really cool, they're clearly building up for a live action Rebels squad in Ahsoka, I do wonder if we'll see Thrawn in Mando before the end, or if they're just dropping hints and really it's still just Moff Gideon as the big bad... assuming that is still the case, though Thrawn would be exciting, if Gideon is obsessed with cloning in the post RotJ era, is he working directly for the Emporer, and if so, does Mando S4 start to touch on the Aftermath trilogy... that would be awesome.

@Sonygamer455 regarding your third point, you have to wonder where the Bad Batch ends, I could see none of the squad surviving with the exception of Omega.
Believe me, I often wonder what will happen to them and when because I feel like everything that happens is building up to their eventual deaths when the series is over. I feel like if they were to have survived into the galactic civil war, Rex would have had something to do with them in Rebels. Then again, it's a big galaxy, so who knows what will happen!

Last edited:
Fun episode of Mando today. All pure Clone Wars-esque storytelling, with something deeply important chucked in to move everything along.

In other news, Celebration starts soon. I'll be there for a bit, hope we get proper formal film news.

Fun episode of Mando today. All pure Clone Wars-esque storytelling, with something deeply important chucked in to move everything along.

In other news, Celebration starts soon. I'll be there for a bit, hope we get proper formal film news.
I really enjoyed the episode of Mando this week, I don't understand why so many people are criticising the choices of actors when it fit perfectly with the type of planet they're trying to convey. I really enjoyed it and the ending was very interesting, didn't expect Din to hand it over so easily.

Last edited:
I've not picked up on that, how so?

Filoni's movie takes place after the events of Return of the Jedi, before The Force Awakens. In a blog post, Lucasfilm revealed that the movie will close out the interconnected stories told in The Mandalorian, The Book of Boba Fett, Ahsoka, and other New Republic-focused Disney+ series.

How much of the arcs will get closed out, we don't know. But it's sounding like it'll be quite something.

How much of the arcs will get closed out, we don't know. But it's sounding like it'll be quite something.
Ah, I hadn't seen that yet. I'm aware of the talk about the TV series coming together but I thought that was going to happen in Ahsoka.

Glad Dave gets a film, should be great.

If Ahsoka turns out to be as good as it looks, this could end up being possibly the best non-original trilogy film. Tying in Rebels, Ahsoka and the Mandalorians, as The Mandalorian now looks to be covering the fate of all the Mandalorians, will have so many great characters to play around with. Hopefully it will flesh-out the origins of the New Order and Palpatines role in it to make better sense of the sequal trilogy too.

I really don't understand the pacing of the story telling in "The Mandalorian" S3. Today we had more stuff happening than in all the previous episodes put together (with the exception of "The Mines of Mandalore").

Now we only have 1 episode to end this season and either it lasts 2 hours or it wont do much that needs to be done to put some closure into many of the things that happened or are happening.

Don't want to spoil anything but if indeed the end of Mando S3 is going to tie us into the opening episode of Ashoka S1 (and that is entirely possible, considering how today's episode ended), then I want many things and characters to appear, including obviously

• Ahsoka
  • the "Rebels" Mandalorians, and that includes my favourite badass Mando, Fenn Rau (either he died in the night of thousand tears or he needs to be out there, somewhere). Also, some Clan Wren people would be nice.
  • Bo Katan riding the Mythosaur
  • Grogu kicking ****, preferably choking guys in red robes

The problem is ... Will they ever do anything that might surpass Luke's entrance at the end of Season2? Doubtful, no matter how grand Ahsoka's "saving the day" entrance will be done (if it will)

We could also have Thrawn, but my best guess is that he will show up AFTER all things are resolved, therefere setting up what next is up for the good guys (and gals) to face against ... in other series and/or other seasons of this one series.

No spoilers, but I will say that Bo Katan (the character) deserves her own trilogy. From the younger rebelious sister to the Duchess Satine, to the Death Watch formidable fighter, to the honourable one to defect DW after Maul kills Pre Viszla, to the heartbroken one after Maul keills Satine, to the fighter once more alongside Obi Wan, then retaking Mandalore with Ahsoka, then losing it again to the Empire and the Saxon brothers, then fighting again to claim it with the Rebels, earning the Darksaber, then the night of a 1000 tears, then the exile, then the rebuilding of a force, then meeting Din Djarin then ... phew, she's been around, hasn't she ?

I have to say, I almost shed a tear today between 28:00 and 30:00 into the episode. Love that character.

Last edited:
I really don't understand the pacing of the story telling in "The Mandalorian" S3. Today we had more stuff happening than in all the previous episodes put together (with the exception of "The Mines of Mandalore").
I'm not sure there's much to understand. From the perspective a well-versed Star Wars fan the pacing might seem lumpy, but for a more casual fan some of the name drops in tonight's episode (for example) are no more or less significant than the introduction of Jack Black's character.

You might not be enjoying it but I think it's doing well to cater to well-versed SW fans as much as much as new casuals, and everyone in between.

So my thoughts on the finale. Heavy spoilers below.

On the whole I enjoyed it, as I have enjoyed the whole series, it's not the best season of The Mandalorian, but it was decent no less. The battle scenes in the finale were fantastic, tense and well shot, particularly as the Mandalorian jet packed into the base with Bo going all darksaber on them, awesome. The ending was reasonably satisfying, everyone seems to get what they want. In a weird kind of way.

Grogu getting his force moment was cool albeit slightly predictable against the guards, but using it to protect Din and Bo was a heck of a moment.

Where it has let me down a bit, it was somewhat anti-climactic in the sense that a lot of the plot threads, including literally an entire episode which didn't feature Mandalorians, just didn't seem to matter. Din just walks in, destroys the clones with a press of the button and that's that. It just makes the whole Pershing episode seem like a genuine waste of time, Pershing doesn't reappear, Elia Kane doesn't feature, the whole cloning arc is brushed off in seconds and again we don't actually see Gideon perish. Despite how heavily it was implied.
I also don't understand the spies episode being called the spies. Who were the spies? After the rumours of it being Axe or the Armourour that whole idea seemed to disappear, unless it was referring to Elia Kane, in which case, poor effort.

Who were the spies?
Could be a biblical reference.

... various tribes scouting the promised land prior to (re)settlement.

Implying spies as the fan base took it, no doubt created tension for some viewers, but it pretty much works both ways.

it was somewhat anti-climactic in the sense that a lot of the plot threads, including literally an entire episode which didn't feature Mandalorians, just didn't seem to matter. Din just walks in, destroys the clones with a press of the button and that's that. It just makes the whole Pershing episode seem like a genuine waste of time, Pershing doesn't reappear, Elia Kane doesn't feature, the whole cloning arc is brushed off in seconds
The cloning element of the Mandalorian (and I suppose to a degree, the Bad Batch too) so far seems pretty squarely aimed at tackling the "somehow Palpatine returned" meme (and possibly the Sith Troopers). We've now got much more meat on the bones of that it, and it sounds like the next link in the chain is project Necromancer.

Elia Kane so far has been a great character. We know she's still in play as an Imperial Asset, assuming she's got another connection to the shadow council, we could see her again, her arc is not complete.

__

I've really enjoyed this season. There's so much fun story telling from the books and comics that just doesn't get seen by casual fans that adds to the world-building and the feel of the franchise as space fantasy, and for me, the feel of the season has really brought some of that feel to live action.

I think it's been the best looking series so far - Andor was great in that respect, but visually didn't have to portray as much 'adventurous' stuff as Mando has.

I can see why people don't see much of an arc for Din Djarin in the season. He's clearly had one, but between a few minutes in the mines of Mandalore at the start of the season, and the end of the season, there's not been much to it. I personally think they (LFL) may have changed up who they wanted where, and when, whilst developing (and cancelling) other projects - and I wonder if back at the start of Mando, his destiny was to be more significant on Mandalore, or if he was always destined to be a gun for hire working for the New Republic.

Apparently Mando S4 is written, I wonder if it will be more like S1 and focus on the Dins's travels and leave the Mandalore arc to a different story now... or if it will stay as a main focus. I'd like to see Din Djarin go and check up on Boba in a coming adventure, hopefully to find Vanth alive and well, and for Boba to help Din Djarin on a mission.

Could be a biblical reference.

... various tribes scouting the promised land prior to (re)settlement.

Implying spies as the fan base took it, no doubt created tension for some viewers, but it pretty much works both ways.

The cloning element of the Mandalorian (and I suppose to a degree, the Bad Batch too) so far seems pretty squarely aimed at tackling the "somehow Palpatine returned" meme (and possibly the Sith Troopers). We've now got much more meat on the bones of that it, and it sounds like the next link in the chain is project Necromancer.

Elia Kane so far has been a great character. We know she's still in play as an Imperial Asset, assuming she's got another connection to the shadow council, we could see her again, her arc is not complete.

__

I've really enjoyed this season. There's so much fun story telling from the books and comics that just doesn't get seen by casual fans that adds to the world-building and the feel of the franchise as space fantasy, and for me, the feel of the season has really brought some of that feel to live action.

I think it's been the best looking series so far - Andor was great in that respect, but visually didn't have to portray as much 'adventurous' stuff as Mando has.

I can see why people don't see much of an arc for Din Djarin in the season. He's clearly had one, but between a few minutes in the mines of Mandalore at the start of the season, and the end of the season, there's not been much to it. I personally think they (LFL) may have changed up who they wanted where, and when, whilst developing (and cancelling) other projects - and I wonder if back at the start of Mando, his destiny was to be more significant on Mandalore, or if he was always destined to be a gun for hire working for the New Republic.

Apparently Mando S4 is written, I wonder if it will be more like S1 and focus on the Dins's travels and leave the Mandalore arc to a different story now... or if it will stay as a main focus. I'd like to see Din Djarin go and check up on Boba in a coming adventure, hopefully to find Vanth alive and well, and for Boba to help Din Djarin on a mission.
Agree with Elia Kane, just strikes me as odd that we see nothing of her in the final episode, I get that the Pershing Episode wanted to put more weight behind the cloning which is fine, but it just seemed a pointless arc for this series given how long that episode was.

But I agree with you everywhere else, people are too quick to jump on the lack of Din or whatever but it was clear that it was going to be bigger than him this time round. It sets up S4 to focus on him and his adventures again which is great and that will surely lead into the movie project.

With no announcements of a second season of Boba Fett, I too hope we see him in S4, it teased Vanths survival in the post credits and that's got to go somewhere surely.

@MagpieRacer

Elia Kane aside I'd put that episode down to world building. I think the Amnesty program has been mentioned before, but it's an answer for those that ever wondered what actually happened to all those working for the Empire, and how hard it was for the New Republic to move on, without utilising what the Empire built.

The re-purposed Mind-flayer as a therapy tool was a great example of this - it's the same thing, but what it achieves is just a question of how far you're prepared to go with it. Mothma didn't want to use Imperial hardware, but sometimes they had to, and Kane turning up the dial on Pershing represents the dangers of doing so and why Mothma was right.

Similar thing with Doc Brown in the "Guns for Hire" episode. It shows that even in places that prosper under the new regime, there's still people who's ideology hasn't changed since Dooku was the face of the separatists... and that's not to say - look there's still bad guys - it's to say that there are people that didn't and still don't believe in rule from afar... preferring independence instead (clear parallels with current politics!)

... is any of that stuff relevant to the Mandalorians? Not really, but the Star Wars universe is a big place, and somewhere along the way LFL have to convey to casual fans what the galactic situation currently is.

I keep coming back to the same thing... There's levels of fans (and I don't mean to imply how much they love Star Wars, more how much of it they're exposed to)... I'd say it goes something like this...

Films only
Films and live action only
Films, Animation, and live action
Films, Animation, and live action, and Disney era Books.
Films, Animation, and live action, and Disney era Books & comics.
+ I think the games can appeal to anyone.

(There's also people that were once well into it, but checked out once Disney took over, and now spend their days on Twitter calling for mass shootings at Celebration because Rey gets another film*). *true story..

... the people at the top of the list just aren't as aware of the backdrop to the series as people who are further down that list, the more they can do to convey some of it, the better in the long term, though I get that it appears as lumpy story telling.

When the Ahsoka series arrives, the people towards the top of that list aren't going to know who a number of the main characters are, or the significance of them... I expect there's going to be a similar level of lumpiness in exposition and character building because they need to move things a long at a pace that won't frustrate those at the bottom of the list, or completely confuse those at the top of the list. The more stuff they make that's fully intertwined with existing canon, the harder it is for them IMHO. I think a lot of the new stuff coming up soon will step away from being so lore-invested as the Mandalorian has become and Ahsoka will be.

All just my 2 cents, don't mean to step on anyone else's opinions.

Last edited:
Star Wars needs more jetpack fights. Also, someone needs to get The Armourer a blaster or something because aerial combat with blacksmithing tools seems inefficient.

Yeah, I think they've kicked it up a notch with Visions this time round. I re-watched season 1 last week, and got about half way through season 2 last night, overall, despite not liking them spending time on stuff that's not canon, I do think Visions is really good.

Anyone else hear the rumors that a full-on remake of Episode I Racer might be coming this year? Would be nice to see new models/textures and online play, if it's true.

Anyone else hear the rumors that a full-on remake of Episode I Racer might be coming this year? Would be nice to see new models/textures and online play, if it's true.
Would be amazing, especially if they keep the Laguna Seca and Sonoma track layouts.

That sounds great, though the game was extremely short so hopefully it gets a lengthened. They just gave out the game for Xbox Live users and I managed to 100% in about 2 days haha. Regardless, I loved it and what a trip down memory lane it was

Back