STAR WARS General Discussion | Warning: Possible SPOILERS!Movies 

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 2,343 comments
I'm pleased I've come to understand my relationship with Star Wars. To me, it's ridiculous to evaluate things against the original trilogy for me, because 'playing Star Wars' in 1983 when I was 4 (and had absolutely no ability to judge the media critically) is a crucial part of my love for the franchise. It's one of my earliest memories, and it simply makes no sense to think my opinion of the OT is objective compared to my opinion of the PT, ST, or any other Star Wars media, it just isn't, that's a fact... I automatically forgive the OT is inadequacies because it was literally a sizeable chunk of my first exposure to film, sci-fi, adventure and fantasy, and also the ideas of right and wrong, good and evil, the light side and the dark side etc. etc.

I'm still glad we're getting more Star Wars, I'm choosing to watch the Films, the TV, play the games, read/listen to the books, and read the comics when I can. The stuff I like, I will revisit, the stuff I don't I won't, that's the benefit of such an expansive universe... if all you want is the Skywalker Saga you can pretty much stick to 4, 5 & 6... if you want the whole story, stick to 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 & 6... and if you want to know what happened next, watch 1-9.... and if you want to know more? There's masses and masses of stuff to dive into.

Anyway, back onto tBoBF, Robert Rodriguez played the Trandoshian bearing what appeared to be a Wookie pelt? I like Rodriguez, I hope the season finale includes a Bith with a guitar case that walks into the Sanctuary and shoots up the place, including a bartender called Meech Charin...

This is Marvel 100%.
I feel this more and more especially with the prospect of the Defenders coming back under the Disney banner. There is no way in hell The Punisher, and Daredevil will ever have the same amount of grit and dark violence.

On topic; as someone who is a fan of Star Wars but not really invested into the lore, I found The Mandalorian to be easy to get into, especially when you want to bring other friends into the Star Wars universe.

It got way too repetitive near the end and you can tell whether next week's episode was worth waiting for by the ending of the previous one.

I was really drawn to The Book of Boba Fett, mainly because of my interest in the character after having watched the original trilogy and the prequels, as well as Clone Wars. The opening episode was a hit for me. Nothing too special, but it answered what needed to be answered and kept me invested to the point where I was disappointed it ended.

Also, as a fan of the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. show, I'm happy Ming-Na Wen is getting more show time by playing Fennec Shand (she was also the voice actress for Mulan I and II).

I never watched and never will watch a Marvel film. But I feel Star Wars is just having stuff churned out now for the $$$.

I understand about not comparing the past films to today, but Empire Strikes Back felt darker than the Mandolorian and this first episode of BF.

Just real quick about Marvel. They’re turning all true villians into anti-heroes. It’s not cool. I mean, if you(they) want to send the message of love over hate(getting through family grudges over generations and family healing, etc.), rewriting characters as misunderstood and not pure evil, softens everything else moving forward. Where’s the threat? We all want peace and harmony for real, but in these fictional universes, the good guys always cheat to win.

Anyway, moving forward, I hope BF can be a bit more Empire in telling his tale, than Mando’s story.

But I feel Star Wars is just having stuff churned out now for the $$$.
The only place where I feel this is really true to the detriment of the franchise, is Galaxy's Edge (and associated other parks). If it existed only for the very well off couple of percent of Star Wars fans in the world, so be it, but they tried to shoehorn the place into canon for the sake of giving Batuu/Black Spire some back story, and basically a lot of it was a bit ****. I'm pretty sure you could buy every single piece of new canon material (minus the junior stuff), and not even have spent half the cost of going to the theme park.

.. but yeah there is a lot of stuff compared to what there used to be. Look at it this way though, the MCU in its current form has only existed since 2008 and has 27 films and 34 seasons of TV spread across 17 TV series... If Disney really wanted to milk the hell out of Star Wars, there's plenty of opportunity yet!

edit: Just to tag onto this... updated my viewed/read/listened/played list:

11 films, 14 seasons of animation, 2 and a bit seasons of live action TV, 35 novels, 28 comic series', and 3 games... that doesn't include non-canon stuff...

... there is A LOT of Star Wars stuff out there!

Last edited:
It all comes down to the quality of wat they put out, if they milk it but keep the quality high both in production value and writing, then no problem. But if they drop the ball, then it'll fail.

I enjoyed the opening episode of The Book of Boba Fett overall, but I did feel like it lacked pace, it spent too much time with Boba sat in the sand, tied up/digging/just collapsed etc. without mch happening. But hopefully that will speed up a bit now.

I enjoyed the opening episode of The Book of Boba Fett overall, but I did feel like it lacked pace, it spent too much time with Boba sat in the sand, tied up/digging/just collapsed etc. without mch happening. But hopefully that will speed up a bit now.
That pretty much sums up how I feel about it as well. The Sarlaac scene was good, but it felt rushed. Maybe I expected too much, but I was a little disappointed it didn't go on longer and provide more. I guess it was because I recently read "A Barve Like That: The Tale of Boba Fett" and although I found it somewhat disturbing, it revealed a lot about his time in the Sarlaac and was interesting to read. I do wish we could have gotten something like that here, be better than him laying around in the sand a lot in my opinion, but then again, I was apparently expecting too much.

While the scenes of him in the sand went on a little too long in my opinion, the fight with that creature was epic! I don't know what that thing was, but whatever it is, it's creepy as heck and I want to know more about it!

Last edited:
Swear I’ve seen this before….
1641376434880.gif

Looks like they've pulled across a character from the comics...

1641412273810.png

Fearsome Wookie bounty hunter, Black Krrsantan.

edit:

Also...

Tosche Station!

Last edited:
I'm done with The Book of Boba Fett.

First they made Luke a failure in the new trilogy, then they made Han Solo a deadbeat, and now they made Boba a decrepit old man that relies on teenagers riding space Vespas for protection.

From the moment I saw that pathetic assassination attempt scene I was on my way out the door.

For some reason, they're not using any of Boba's equipment. We FINALLY got to see him use that damn jetpack and it was near the end of the episode when it was basically useless to do so.

Leave it to Disney to make the most ruthless bounty hunter into a joke. Hell, the Clone Wars did him more justice when he was just a child.

I thought with Favreau and Filoni at the helm, they could somehow keep the mouse from screwing things up, but I guess not.

Last edited:
I'm enjoying it.

I'm not sure the Mods vs. Rockers aesthetic they're building to with Boba's posse and the Nikto gang really works on Tattooine, and the way the chase was shot was just plain bad... but I'm liking everything else.

This is the Star Wars I never realised I wanted :D

1642508545678.png

Man, I must be the only person that thought the space Vespas were great. It fits perfectly with just how campy Star Wars is in general and the campiness is what makes the series great in my opinion. Plus, the bikes fit with the kid's personalities too. It's clear they're not rich, but like a lot of people that age they want to give off the appearance that they are or, at the very least, show that they're flashy. It's the same thing when some 16 year old puts a whole bunch of ridiculous stuff on their clapped-out Honda Civic.

For Boba, I kind of get why he's not a completely badass like he once was. He's suffering from something which is why he spends his nights in the bacta tank. I'm sure the Sarlacc did a number on him, as did however long he spent playing Lawrence of Arabia with the Tuskens. He's what? Roughly in his mid-40's, has altered genetics due to being a clone, and spent several years being baked by twin suns. I get why he's moving a bit slow. Hell, I'm in my mid-30's and I move a bit slow.

Man, I must be the only person that thought the space Vespas were great. It fits perfectly with just how campy Star Wars is in general and the campiness is what makes the series great in my opinion. Plus, the bikes fit with the kid's personalities too. It's clear they're not rich, but like a lot of people that age they want to give off the appearance that they are or, at the very least, show that they're flashy. It's the same thing when some 16 year old puts a whole bunch of ridiculous stuff on their clapped-out Honda Civic.
Yeah, I certainly wouldn't say the space mods on Vespa's weren't 'Star Wars', but I think they contrast a lot with what you'd expect from 'poor' Tattooine street kids who have to steal water and are not already gang affiliated. They look like they'd be a better fit for a 'city planet'.

For Boba, I kind of get why he's not a completely badass like he once was. He's suffering from something which is why he spends his nights in the bacta tank. I'm sure the Sarlacc did a number on him, as did however long he spent playing Lawrence of Arabia with the Tuskens. He's what? Roughly in his mid-40's, has altered genetics due to being a clone, and spent several years being baked by twin suns. I get why he's moving a bit slow. Hell, I'm in my mid-30's and I move a bit slow.
The thing people seem to be forgetting, is that he's not a Bounty Hunter in this story... It's not his job to go around killing everyone for the sake of it, he's not working for anyone now, he can do things the way he wants, and he sees benefit in leading through respect, rather than fear.

I think what some people were hoping for, was the kind of story that shows why Boba was one of the most feared bounty hunters in the galaxy, and I get that, it would be cool - but that's Boba between the Clone Wars and Empire, it doesn't have to be Boba now, in fact, after everything Boba has been through, it would be less plausible for that to be the case, IMHO.

Best episode so far.

I think it addressed perfectly two lingering questions.

1. What is it that made BF change (but the episode also shows how he can be his old ruthless self if properly motivated)

2. Why did Fennec (veteren lonely bounty hunter, as they usually are) stay with him.

The cue at the end put a smile on my face. Well done!

And that's all I can write without spoilers. I recommend all disgruntled "old BF" fans to watch this episode, maybe they'll decide to watch the next 3, probably epic, episodes.

I think it addressed perfectly two lingering questions.

1. What is it that made BF change (but the episode also shows how he can be his old ruthless self if properly motivated)
I think it's shame they had to spell it out so obviously, given the characters history and the narrative that had been presented in the first 3 episodes.

People need to interact with the story being presented to them, not just with ideas they'd latched onto (upto) 40 years ago.

Anyway, Episode 4 was fun and I'm glad we finally go to see a Wookie do what a Wookie does when it gets mad :D (in live action anyway)

Okay, been meaning to post my thoughts here for a while now, so here goes:
Episode 3
1. Something I've been meaning to say lately is, I like how they have humanized the Tusken Raiders a bit. Prior to this and The Mandolorian, they were as Cliegg Larrs described in Attack of the Clones, "vicious, mindless monsters", but I feel like they've made them a lot more likable now. That said, I actually felt sad to see them massacred, but then again, I knew something would happen with them eventually.
2. People have complained about those teenagers and such, but me personally? I don't love them, but I don't hate them either. I am just a bit "meh" about them and don't really care if they're around or not. I'll give them the benefit of a doubt though, they could impress me later.
3. I enjoyed the fight they had with Black Krrsantan quite a bit at first, then I took a step back and did some research on Krrsantan. After seeing all the things he's done in other material, he should have been able to kill Fett and probably a few of the others, but he didn't. Maybe I am missing something here, but all this just screams "plot armor" to me and I don't see why he didn't do more damage. Then again, given how they changed some things in the last episode of The Clone Wars and the first of The Bad Batch from what was established previously, I am not too surprised by this. Regardless, I still enjoyed it anyway, and seeing him fall into the Rancor pit was pretty satisfying.
4. Didn't care too much for the chase scene. I didn't hate it but it could have been better.

So in short, I liked this episode despite what others have said.

Episode 4
1. Ever since Finnec returned in Season 2 of The Mandalorian, I always wondered how Finnec survived and it was nice to finally see the backstory. Though I could have done without that one shot of her exposed machinery. :scared:
2. When he shot down that group on the speeder bikes, that scene was so satisfying I rewinded it and watched it again because it was just that good. I didn't even realize that was the group that killed the Tusken tribe, I thought it was more from Jabba's Palace, but finding out about this only makes it even better! :D
3. For a while, I have found myself constantly wondering what those charges would do if swallowed by a sarlacc. Although I am a little disappointed the blast wasn't bigger, especially after seeing what they could do in Attack of the Clones, seeing this come to fruition was my favorite part of the whole episode. I'll be honest, I hate sarlacc's as creatures and think they should just be killed off and I am pleased to see this one is dead now. Good riddance!
4. Given the music played at the end, I suspect Din is coming back again....

Overall, this one wasn't fantastic, but I liked it better than the last, though I will admit, I am a bit biased because of what I said in #3 though.

Episode 5
1. Okay, for starters, I had several questions after the Season finale of The Mandalorian Season 2. Namely, what happened to Moff Gideon, how exactly was Mandalore destroyed, where did the armorer go and what was the armorer going to think about Din removing his helmet once she learns of this? Seeing as I finally have answers to all these now, that alone was great.
2. I don't know where Mando was before reaching Tatooine, but can I just say it's awesome? :dopey:
3. Was that Sundari I saw get blown up in the flashback?
4. Really nice to see a Naboo Starfighter again and I love what they did to it.
5. Do my eyes deceive me or did I see the old pod race track from the Phantom Menace?

I am sure I forgot some things here, but even though Fett makes no appearance in this episode despite it being his own show, I am not even all that bothered. I am just glad to see Din Djarin back again and to finally get some answers since his last appearance. I found this one to be very refreshing.

Last edited:
This episode was FULL of fan service and I love it. Was weird watching a Boba episode and he's not even in it at all. But we basically got Mando S3 Episode 1.

Also, BD-1! Was hoping he would tag along with Din though.

Given the fact that the title of this thread says Warning Spoilers, do we really need to use spoiler tags? 🤣

Last edited:
Given the fact that the title of this thread says Warning Spoilers, do we really need to use spoiler tags? 🤣
I don't see anything wrong with taking an extra step in being considerate to those who hadn't seen it yet. Theirs always the possibility some may come in here without even thinking.

If the thread was active with people taking about general Star Wars stuff, or we were getting more than one Film/TV show at a time, I'd agree spoiler tags are the way to go, but conversation is only ever on the current episode of the current series and the title does say 'spoilers'. Anything being leaked or made available before it's officially released should be in spoiler tags, but other than that, I'm not sure of the need for too much caution.

Anyhow,

Good episode. I didn't think they'd address too much of what's going on with Din, and what we got didn't really advance his situation that much at all, which is good... I know a couple of people that enjoyed the Mandalorian, but aren't really watching TBoBF, so I think it's right they're not advancing the Mando's plot lines that much here.

Loved some of the references, need to watch it again.

Overall, I'd give it 8 "Wizard"'s out of 10.

You know, there were some other things I forgot to mention before in regards to The Book of Boba Fett.
1. Where were those teenagers in Episode 4? I didn't see them anywhere in the present-day scenes, which is strange given they were in the previous episode. I'm sure we'll see them again later though.
2. Does it surprise anyone else Black Krrarsantan took Boba's offer the way he did? I can't say I'm overly familiar with the character, but I get the vibe he may betray him later.
3. I must say, I love the mentions of how Tatooine used to have oceans and how it's being adapted in Canon as well. I used to love to read the Dawn of the Jedi comics in Legends since it showed Tatooine before it was a desert, and I think even how it became one too, and the Rakata Infinite Empire was something I really enjoyed reading about as well. It was one of my favorite things to read outside of the era the movies took place in. Although I doubt The Book of Boba Fett will explore this much, I do feel like they're hinting at something they will explore later in other media and I'm looking forward to it!

3. I must say, I love the mentions of how Tatooine used to have oceans and how it's being adapted in Canon as well. I used to love to read the Dawn of the Jedi comics in Legends since it showed Tatooine before it was a desert, and I think even how it became one too, and the Rakata Infinite Empire was something I really enjoyed reading about as well. It was one of my favorite things to read outside of the era the movies took place in. Although I doubt The Book of Boba Fett will explore this much, I do feel like they're hinting at something they will explore later in other media and I'm looking forward to it!
That is straight out of the DUNE series.

Back