Star Wars: Jedi Survivor (Fallen Order sequel)

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 21 comments
Can't wait for this, first one is absolutely one of my favorite all time Star Wars games. Excited to see where they take Cal and his story.

Star Wars Jedi is among the most popularly known games set in a galaxy far. Players followed Cal Kestis on his way to begin the Jedi Order after Emperor Palpatine famously decided they were all killed. His way or self-discovery was one thing numerous gamers could interlinked too, and they are happy to continue in the sequel Star Wars Jedi: Survivor. The official teaser trailer for Star Wars Jedi: Survivor dropped on May 27, 2022. Although it doesn’t tell a lot based on official gameplay mechanics, the latest editions, and the whole summary, we can get to know about a few things based on the trailers. One can find out more about the game by following https://takeown.com/star-wars-jedi-survivor-release-date/ this site.

Last edited:
Star Wars Jedi Survivor isn't on PS4 if you were hoping to get it on an older PlayStation. It's also not on Xbox One, meaning you can only play the game on PS5, Xbox Series X, and PC.
Good, as it should be. 2 years into this generation, we shouldn't be still getting cross gen games at all.

If anyone wants to catch up on the first game, it's on sale at a pretty ridiculous price for something so good. Runs so much better now on PS5 than it did on the original hardware.

Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Deluxe Edition - £8.24 (-85%)

I am looking forward to this game. I probably need to finish the 1st though. It's in my backlog of games

If anyone wants to catch up on the first game, it's on sale at a pretty ridiculous price for something so good. Runs so much better now on PS5 than it did on the original hardware.
If you have PS Plus, might be an idea to hold off - Fallen Order apparently one of the January free games.

Also can't wait for this one to drop. After getting the first one and not playing it for almost a year... after finishing it, it's my favorite Star Wars game to date! Love it!! And the the Joker from the Gotham FOX series is a perfect fit for Cal... great game, if you haven't played yet or finished it - you owe it to yourself to finish it. Especially if you have started it.

Can't decide if I want to get it for the PS5 or the PC... will prob get the console version though.

Shame to see, but good if the product is bug free etc. Gives me some time to play Hogwarts Legacy.

Is it good in backward compatibility on ps5 or need install on ssd and have the ps5 version to get good performance?
Maybe it's nearly same, depends on each game i hear, with jedi fallen not being much of an upgrade apart from running better.

I ask to know if can save precious storage in the ssd and just run the ps4 version from an external hdd.

Last edited:
Is it good in backward compatibility on ps5 or need install on ssd and have the ps5 version to get good performance?
Maybe it's nearly same, depends on each game i hear, with jedi fallen not being much of an upgrade apart from running better.

I ask to know if can save precious storage in the ssd and just run the ps4 version from an external hdd.
Can't really advise - I jumped straight from playing it on a base PS4 to the PS5 version.

Previews are out and are generally very positive. Fast travel is in, for those who had trouble with the maps and backtracking in Fallen Order.

Have actually preordered for once, I'm that excited - not the deluxe ripoff though, paying £20 extra to cosplay as Luke & Han is a joke.

Very good reviews. Performance seems as janky as the first game, especially on PC. I managed to put up with the issues on PS4, so should be ok now on PS5, even if I have to go with the 30fps option.

Finally got my hands on this one... my son picked it up and gave it to me as an early (very early) birthday gift. ;)

Have only spent about 2 1/2 hours with it so far, but will say that I am really enjoying it. And not going to go in to story as you may want to experience that for yourself and not have it ruined by me - but this game has a really good opening just like Fallen Order did. There are some aspects of this game that I really love:

Like you start the game with basically all your 'Jedi' skills that you earned in FO, for example: the double jump, you start the game with that. Nice!!

Anyway, thoroughly enjoying this and looking forward to the weekend to spend some serious time in this one. Btw, I picked the 'Full Graphic' option at the start and haven't noticed any issues (yet) on PS5.

Last edited:
Was hoping to finally get this finished before BG3 is released, but have hit a wall with one of the (I think) late-game bosses. I'm reluctant to drop the difficulty but it may be the only way past this big purple guy. Only other option is to do some major XP grinding and maybe even a respec - my blaster stance isn't really working at all here.

Still one of my favourite games of the gen so far. The whole saloon expansion is really good, I like all the different combat options and luckily I haven't had any real bugs or tech problems (on PS5 quality setting).

Back