Start over?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Lionjaws
  • 13 comments
  • 1,424 views
Messages
11
Sweden
Sweden
Is it possible to delete all the golds but keep the money?
Of course I could just race the races again but it will be difficult keeping track of what races I've re-raced, clean slate, except for the money (30 million)
 
You could just start a new account and start fresh with that one.
 
Why? You'll lose paint chips and prize cars from expired seasonals (if you did them).
 
I've started a MS Onenote dBase on my past performance, set ups, and car impressions. (I've an old tablet with a pen / written interface... Seems better than using Lab books and starting a new book shelf.) The Arcade is very helpful for helping trim a car or comparing a group you're trying to figure out 'which one' at a pp you'd more naturally enjoy. As toward the garage, favorites, and stock yard; any suggestions on that sort gladly appreciated. :)
 
Is it possible to delete all the golds but keep the money?
Of course I could just race the races again but it will be difficult keeping track of what races I've re-raced, clean slate, except for the money (30 million)

Thanks for replying.
So I guess it's not possible, I have to delete all the game data to start over, that's a shame.
In GT4 we had the option to delete the golds before a new race was started, nice feature.
 
Save data.

Don't delete the game data.

I don't know what you mean.
All I want to do is to reset the races, just like in GT4, delete the trophies, the rest I wanna keep.
If I could somehow delete the race trophies from the harddrive, but I couldn't find it.
This is a bit frustrating because I wanna race all the races again.
Does anyone understand what it is I wanna do?
 
@Lionjaws Yes I understand.
Unfortunately you have to start a brand new game.
 
Thanks for clearing that up Vegard. :)

But no, I will not start a brand new game, GT6 is a fail, it's small and tiny, I completed it in 48 hours.
I thought about re-playing it but since it's not possible to just reset the races I wont bother and instead fire up GT4
As a costumer I feel screwed by this GT6 Mini Version, no long-runs, no dirt racing, no ice racing, and very very few races.
But I wanted to feel a little less screwed by racing it for a second time, but no, it will be finished well under 48 hours this time and it's just not worth it grinding money all over again.
GT4 and maybe GT5, that was a game worth the name, GT6 is just a futile cheap Scrooge replay of what's already been released before.
 
Thanks for clearing that up Vegard. :)

But no, I will not start a brand new game, GT6 is a fail, it's small and tiny, I completed it in 48 hours.
I thought about re-playing it but since it's not possible to just reset the races I wont bother and instead fire up GT4
As a costumer I feel screwed by this GT6 Mini Version, no long-runs, no dirt racing, no ice racing, and very very few races.
But I wanted to feel a little less screwed by racing it for a second time, but no, it will be finished well under 48 hours this time and it's just not worth it grinding money all over again.
GT4 and maybe GT5, that was a game worth the name, GT6 is just a futile cheap Scrooge replay of what's already been released before.
Harsh.
 
Thanks for clearing that up Vegard. :)

But no, I will not start a brand new game, GT6 is a fail, it's small and tiny, I completed it in 48 hours.
I thought about re-playing it but since it's not possible to just reset the races I wont bother and instead fire up GT4
As a costumer I feel screwed by this GT6 Mini Version, no long-runs, no dirt racing, no ice racing, and very very few races.
But I wanted to feel a little less screwed by racing it for a second time, but no, it will be finished well under 48 hours this time and it's just not worth it grinding money all over again.
GT4 and maybe GT5, that was a game worth the name, GT6 is just a futile cheap Scrooge replay of what's already been released before.

You criticise the game, yet you don't suggest getting another game. Why? because there is nothing on the racing market that comes near it. The only alternative is FORZA which is a pale shadow of the GT series.

So how to extend your enjoyment of GT6? without losing all that you have worked hard for. I can offer you 3 different alternatives.

Method 1
Make a list of where all the stars can be won. It wont take that long to do. Then win them again, crossing them off the list as you go. To make it more interesting win each one where possible in a different car than the last time you won them.

Method 2
Join the big boys in online races. I tried this only to find I simply wasn't good enough.

Method 3
This is the method I use. Buy a car, ANY CAR, then upgrading and tuning as you go see how many DIFFERENT career races you can win. REPEAT 1200 times with different cars My record so far is 64 different races won in a Celica TRD Sports M. I get a lot of pleasure out of beating much bigger cars in an inferior car. Only this morning I beat 2 BMW M3 GTRs driving a little ABARTH 500. I don't think I will get bored until I have nothing left to drive but Skylines, MX5s,or NASCARS.

I wish you nothing but happy driving.
 
You criticise the game, yet you don't suggest getting another game. Why? because there is nothing on the racing market that comes near it. The only alternative is FORZA which is a pale shadow of the GT series.

So how to extend your enjoyment of GT6? without losing all that you have worked hard for. I can offer you 3 different alternatives.

Method 1
Make a list of where all the stars can be won. It wont take that long to do. Then win them again, crossing them off the list as you go. To make it more interesting win each one where possible in a different car than the last time you won them.

Method 2
Join the big boys in online races. I tried this only to find I simply wasn't good enough.

Method 3
This is the method I use. Buy a car, ANY CAR, then upgrading and tuning as you go see how many DIFFERENT career races you can win. REPEAT 1200 times with different cars My record so far is 64 different races won in a Celica TRD Sports M. I get a lot of pleasure out of beating much bigger cars in an inferior car. Only this morning I beat 2 BMW M3 GTRs driving a little ABARTH 500. I don't think I will get bored until I have nothing left to drive but Skylines, MX5s,or NASCARS.

I wish you nothing but happy driving.

I would gladly race all over again if I could just delete the golds I already have, so I don't have to keep track of what races I'm re-running by manaully writing, that's stoneage :D
That was an excellent feature in GT4, delete the golds a re-run over and over with different cars, that was very fun.
I love racing, but not so much taking notes, hoho.

But I still miss the long runs, ice racing and dirt racing, that's why I'm more fond of GT4 and GT5 than the cheap GT6
By the freeway, all the golds I've won in GT6 was won by inferior cars with at least 100 PP less, that was fun but once the gold was there the fun stopped, I want the option to delete the golds, that shouldn't be a impossible feature.

There are no alternatives to Gran Turismo, it's outstanding, but GT6 is not, it lacks too much of the greatness from GT4 and GT5.
 
You criticise the game, yet you don't suggest getting another game. Why? because there is nothing on the racing market that comes near it. The only alternative is FORZA which is a pale shadow of the GT series.

So how to extend your enjoyment of GT6? without losing all that you have worked hard for. I can offer you 3 different alternatives.

Method 1
Make a list of where all the stars can be won. It wont take that long to do. Then win them again, crossing them off the list as you go. To make it more interesting win each one where possible in a different car than the last time you won them.

Method 2
Join the big boys in online races. I tried this only to find I simply wasn't good enough.

Method 3
This is the method I use. Buy a car, ANY CAR, then upgrading and tuning as you go see how many DIFFERENT career races you can win. REPEAT 1200 times with different cars My record so far is 64 different races won in a Celica TRD Sports M. I get a lot of pleasure out of beating much bigger cars in an inferior car. Only this morning I beat 2 BMW M3 GTRs driving a little ABARTH 500. I don't think I will get bored until I have nothing left to drive but Skylines, MX5s,or NASCARS.

I wish you nothing but happy driving.
Method 1 seems like a very good idea for you and does not seem hard, it could be competed during all of the loading screens between races that take up so much time.
 
Back