Starting line up

• Thread starter Jerry786
  • 22 comments
Will we be able to start the races ourselves on the grid or will the cars automatically be driven for us until were past the start line?

You meant rolling starts or standing starts? right?

I like rolling starts, but I want the standing starts back in GT mode too, not only in online racing.

This has been discussed many times already. I guess it will be a mixture of the two, although I'm not too keen on the rolling starts - much prefer starting off the grid, unless it is a race that has rolling starts in real life then fair enough.

I would like the oppotunity to pull onto the starting grid and have the lights. (abit like the f1 games). I would be a fan of warm up laps and trying to heat the engine and tyres. However please don't change the topic of this thread to that.

This has been discussed many times already. I guess it will be a mixture of the two, although I'm not too keen on the rolling starts - much prefer starting off the grid, unless it is a race that has rolling starts in real life then fair enough.

I think that was already confirmed at one of teh game/car shows.

HN7
I haven't seen any video of GT5 that shows standing start yet. I wonder why?
Well, the answer to that is simple. There have been no standing starts in the offline demos released to-date. However, I do believe that online you get standing starts, but I've never taken the game online, so...

Edit: Just saying, that doesn't mean they will not be in GT5 at all, just that there hasn't been any yet, because technically we have not seen GT5 yet.

Yes, I think it will be similar to GT4, the Sunday cup would be a rolling start and maybe endurance races a standing start. I prefer standing starts too.

Its beyond me why we even have rolling starts in racing games, really. Its just such a unexciting way to start a race.
If we're going to do rolling starts, do it when its appropriate and throw in a pace car as well.

I too would like a warm up lap with pace car, a chance to warm up the tires and car, but maybe not on the particularly short races...

Alright, time for a one lap warm up around Nurburgrung, and then a one lap race!

As long as there's qualifying, I don't mind rolling starts, but I do prefer standing starts.

I cant understand why does HSR and Daytona Speedway not have standing starts. Surely there is enough road space on those tracks, and actually many others that will feature on GT5. I would prefer standing starts over rolling starts any day.

Well for thing, Prologue's frame rate seriously noise dives and stutters when a lot of cars are close together!

I don't know how GT5, with even higher poly counts, is going to cope with double row standing or rolling starts.... probably why they did single file rolling starts with big gaps between cars...

Back