Stock car race comparison/challenge

• Thread starter hispeed
  • 1,409 comments
Extreme Hall: Polyphony Digital Cup Race 6 - Motorland

Car: Spoon Fit Race Car '03 (no oil change, S2 tires) / FF / 126HP (garage screen) / 990kg / 7.85kg/HP / 195 A-spec points by Dotini

This was against grid #45: Subaru Impreza STi Prodrive Style '01, Honda Integra Type R '03, Chevrolet Camaro SS '69, Toyota Supra SZ-R '97, Alfa Romeo 156 2.5 V6 24V '98. I started from the back and drove according to the rules. By lap 8 the STi had a 14 second lead on me, but then he started spinning backwards into the gravel trap on almost every lap, and surprisingly never pitted. I finished in the lead with a 0.5 gap to the Supra. Total time was 16'07.959, FL was 49.897.

Without any doubt at all, this race could be won for 200 points with a little engine wear or maybe with S1 tires.

Respectfully submitted,
Dotini

Edit 11/16/09: The exact same #45 starting grid above may also be accessed by Previewing the New York 200 endurance race, then proceeding to the 33rd PDC grid, saving a bit of time. I also discovered that the quite useful #2 PDC grid of Audi S3, Peugeot 206, Honda S2000, RX-7 GT-Ltd and Supra SZ-R, may be accessed with Sarthe II Preview. It is the 1st grid to appear, and has the quick S3 shuffled to the back so that the slow Peugeot 206 is on pole.

Last edited:
Whenever I try to open page 1 to see the first post my Explorer (IE8) freezes/crashes. :nervous: :nervous:

This is really a bummer when I try to check latest updates.

MadMax

Whenever I try to open page 1 to see the first post my Explorer (IE8) freezes/crashes. :nervous: :nervous:

This is really a bummer when I try to check latest updates.

Hahaha! Sorry, there hasn't been an update since about April-time! :guilty:

This sort of comment should go in the Site Feedback section though, as it may relate to an issue with the Site that Jordan needs to be aware of.

The first page works just fine for me with IE6 and Firefox, although I've not tried it with IE8. Have you tried clearing your temporary internet files and cookies?

Endurance races: El Capitan 200 Miles

Car: Tom's X540 Chaser (slightly used, no oil, S2 tires) / FR / 315HP / 1490kg / 4.73kg/HP / 200 A-spec points by Dotini

This was against the 17th grid after an El Capitan 200 Preview: Callaway C12, Ford Mustang SVT Cobra R, Mercedes SL65 AMG, TVR T350C, and Chevrolet Corvette Z06. This was one of the gentlest grids I've ever seen for this race; I would use it again.

My Chaser pitted every 9 laps laps, and used S2's except for the long final stint, when S1's were fitted. MOV 20+ seconds over the TVR T350C. Total time 2:14''41.795, FL 1:58.xxx

Last edited:
Oops. I forgot, in my excitement, to submit my Motegi race here! :dunce:

Endurance races: Motegi 8hr
Car: Mitsubishi Lancer 1600 GSR Rally Car '74 (fitted S1 tyres) / FR / ?HP (160HP on garage screen) / 825kg / ?HP/kg (5.2kg/HP using garage value) / 200 A-Spec Points!

(vs. lineup described here.)

Endurance races: El Capitan 200 miles

Car: Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IV Rally Car '97 (used oil, S1/S2 tires) / 4WD / 257HP / 1230kg / 4.79kg/HP / 200 A-spec points by Dotini

I believe this establishes a new record in terms of kg/HP, however short-lived, for a stock 4WD for this event.

This was against the 17th grid after an El Capitan 200 Preview: Callaway C12, Ford Mustang SVT Cobra R, Mercedes SL65 AMG, TVR T350C, and Chevrolet Corvette Z06. This field does everything it can to clear a path for you to the checkered flag: highly recommended!

The Lancer pitted every 9/10 laps laps. MOV one lap+ over the Z06, which pipped the TVR by a scant 0.1 second. Total time 2:12''50.397, FL 1:56.020. Settings gladly supplied upon request.

Hahaha! Sorry, there hasn't been an update since about April-time! :guilty:

This sort of comment should go in the Site Feedback section though, as it may relate to an issue with the Site that Jordan needs to be aware of.

The first page works just fine for me with IE6 and Firefox, although I've not tried it with IE8. Have you tried clearing your temporary internet files and cookies?

Sorry for misposting topic wise but just so MM86 knows, I've been using IE8 for sometime and havn't had any problems.

Sorry for misposting topic wise but just so MM86 knows, I've been using IE8 for sometime and havn't had any problems.

[offtopic]
I found out that the reason to the IE 8 crashing is "Info link" adverticement ..
Go figure, post #1 size and a infolink every second sentence..

Now working on a way to get rid of those infolinks.[/offtopic]

MadMax

Extreme Hall: Real Circuit Tours- Nurburgring

Car: Toyota Woodone Tom's Supra (JGTC) '03 (Downforce @ 50/70, no oil) / FR / 496HP / 1100kg / 2.2kg/HP / 200 A-spec by RVDNuT374 against the Jaguar XJR-9, Camaro LM, Toyota Minolta, Nissan R89C, and the RX-7 LM

I did it too:

Endurance races: Motegi 8hr
Car: Mitsubishi Lancer 1600 GSR Rally Car '74 (fitted S1 tires until last pit stop, then S3 tires. Was NOT used to help me win, only to go for a fast lap time.) / FR / ?HP (160HP on garage screen) / 825kg / ?HP/kg (5.2kg/HP using garage value) / 200 A-Spec Points! (Well earned, I may add.)

Vs. lineup 53/54/55/fifty-something. Trial Celica, Tom's X540 Chaser, Nismo GT-R LM Road Going, Spoon Civic Type R, Spoon Integra Type R.

Endurance Hall: El Capitan 200

Car: '04 Honda S2000 (S1 tires, no oil) / FR / 243 hp / 1250 kg / 5.144 kg/hp / 200 A-spec points against the following lineup in finishing order:

2. '03 Dodge Viper SRT-10
3. '97 TVR Cerbera Speed Six
4. '99 Dodge Viper GTS
5. '90 Chevrolet Corvette ZR-1
6. '04 Mercedes Benz SL65 AMG (R230)

changing tyres,oil and settings is not STOCK imo

Really? Changing oil is something you do on all cars, it's part of normal maintenance.
Settings can only be changed on cars that come equipped with customisable parts, which typically means race cars. That race cars can change suspension-settings and gear ratios seems a rather integral part of what makes them race cars to begin with..

As for the tyres, I agree somewhat, but then the rules are quite strict on this. Most of the tyre-changes in this thread are in the endurance-races, where surely you agree they make sense?

The fact that the cars in GT4 already come with what are supposed to be track day tires really undermines the assertion that only cars without tire changes can be considered "stock." Clearly, a Daihatsu Move doesn't come from the factory with super-grippy tires that are barely road legal, so how can you say that changing to a slightly harder track day compound makes the car any less stock?

The fact that the cars in GT4 already come with what are supposed to be track day tires really undermines the assertion that only cars without tire changes can be considered "stock."

Good point. The only defense is compliance to the original rules as set down 5 years ago. But as Shakespeare said, "A rose by another name would smell as sweet". So when Smallhorses gets around to updating this tired old thread, maybe he can change the name of it from " Stock car race comparison/challenge" to "Banana car race comparison/challenge".💡

yes this would make the races more challenging :P

but i dont see the driving aids as the vehicle-specific adjustment to as little as the automatic or manual gearbox

Last edited:
i win a 200points with a honda nsx Takata in sarthe with the chicanes in manual gears and no aids in arcade against the class of viper opera, ford gt lm car, etc. its that a good skilling race?

Extreme Hall: Real Circuit Tours Races 1-8
Car: Toyota GT-ONE Race Car '99 (Black used, R2 or R2/R1 tyres) / MR / 700HP / 900kg / 1.3kg/HP / 200 A-spec by mynameissport

Vs PAL Lineup below:
Toyota Minolta 88C-V
Sauber Mercedes C9
Audi R8
Mazda 787B
Nissan R92CP

Or can go and face the second lineup below (Sorry if it is not in the right order but the lineup does exist I think it is PAL lineup 5 or 6 after console reset but this lineup is easier than the above one but still gives 200 A-spec points)
Audi R8
Mazda 787B
Nissan R89C
Sauber Mercedes C9
Toyota GT-One

Extreme Hall: Dream Car Championship race 6 - Test Course
Car: Cizeta V16T '94 (S2 tires, no oil change) / MR / 580 HP / 1640 kg / 2.8 kg/HP / 200 A-spec points

This was done in response to a post by Seismica challenging anyone to find a 200-point race for this car. I posted in a little more detail about it here; it's an easy race, though, against almost any field. Just make sure to use the draft from backmarkers, and to go around the bottom of the corners in order to catch the faster cars.

Real Circuit Tours Race 8 200 A-Spec

Lineup

1 Nissan R89C Race Car `89
2 AMG Mercedes CLK-GTR Race Car `98
3 Mazda RX7 LM Race Car `01
4 Playstation Pescarolo C60 Race Car `04
5 Nissan R92CP Race Car `92

Car: Dodge Viper GTS-R Team Oreca `00 / FR / 627HP / 1150kg / 1.83kg/HP / 200 A-Spec points

Last edited:
European Hall: British GT Series- all races

Car: Jaguar S-Type R '02 / FR / 400HP / 1800kg / 4.5kg/HP / 200 A-spec points against the second lineup after reset

Endurance races: Nurburgring 24hr
Car: BMW M5 '05 (S1 tires, no oil change) / FR / 501HP / 1715kg / 3.4kg/HP / 200 A-spec points

This race is an easy win, considering that it's a four-door street car on sports tires that has to pit every three laps, facing touring cars on racing tires. A nice consequence of the heft and the lack of grip is the fact that the power that it affords you allows you to blow away opponents on the straights rather than in the corners, which is quite unusual for 200 points! I posted more about the race here, here, here, and here.

During the next update would it be possible to remove these entries from the original entries set and replace and add new as follows:

REMOVE:
Professional Hall: GT World Championship Races 1-10
Car: Toyota GT-ONE Race Car '99 (Black used, R1 Tyres, oil changed) / MR / ?HP (774HP on garage screen) / 900kg / ?HP/kg (1.2kg/HP using garage value) / 200 A-spec by mynameissport
Car: Nissan R390 GT1 Race Car '98 (Black used, oil changed, R1 tyres) / MR / 787HP / 1000kg / 1.3kg/HP / 200 A-spec by mynameissport
Car: Mazda 787B (R1 tires, oil changed, min. downforce) / MR / 790HP / 830kg / 0.9 kg/HP / 200 A-spec by mynameissport
Car: Peugeot 905 Race Car '92 (R1/R1 Tyres, 63/76 downforce) / MR / 799HP/ 750kg / 0.9kg/HP / 200 A-spec by mynameissport

REPLACE:
Professional Hall: GT World Championship Races 1,4,5,6,8,9 and 10
Car: Peugeot 905 Race Car '92 (R1 Tyres) / MR / 799HP/ 750kg / 0.9kg/HP / 190 A-spec by mynameissport

Vs PAL LINEUP #6 Group C car lineup

Also add the following:

Endurance races: Sarthe 24hr I
Car: Toyota GT-One Race Car (TS020) '99 (Black used, R1, downforce 50/70) / MR / ?HP (700HP on garage screen) / 900kg / ?kg/HP (1.3kg/HP using garage value) / 200 A-spec by mynameissport

Vs PAL Lineup #2 after console reset as follows:
Nissan R92CP Race Car '92
Nissan R89C Race Car '89
Sauber Mercedes C9 Race Car '89
Toyota GT-One Race Car '99
Mazda 787B Race Car '91

The race was pretty tough especially with a worn GT-One and no oil to help out meaning good setup and good skill will always prevail against the rivals. I used R1 tyres all round and then switched to R2/R1 tyres after first stop on lap 8 as the tyres will not last for another extra lap. Pitted every 8 laps after that using R2/R1 combo but people wanting a little extra challenge can stay on R1 tyres all round.

Professional Hall: Clubman Cup- Apricot Hill

Car: Toyota Modellista Celica TRD Sports M (ZZT231) '00 (S3 tyres stock) / FF / 197HP / 1140kg / 5.8kg/HP / 174 A-spec points against the following lineup:

1. '98 Honda Prelude Type S
2. '03 Audi A3 3.2 Quattro
3. '98 Audi S4
4. '85 Peugeot 205 Turbo 16
5. '91 TVR V8S

A slightly higher A-spec point attempt on the Super Speedway 150 miles endurance race with the underrated Peugeot 905. No 200 A-spec points but at least it is higher than my previous attempt. I reduced the downforce to a certain extend so I can still go up against the opposition yet still win the race. Started on R1 tyres all round and pitted every 39 laps. By lap 78 on the second stop switched to R2 tyres all round to get more pace from the car + the tyres will easily last the 22 laps if the setup is correct. You could stick with R1's if you wanted more of a challenge.

Endurance races: Super Speedway 150 miles
Car: Peugeot 905 Race Car '92 (R1 Tyres, 63/79 downforce) / MR / 799HP/ 750kg / 0.9kg/HP / 131 A-spec by mynameissport

Vs PAL Lineup as follows:
Audi R8
Sauber Mercedes C9
Jaguar XJR-9
Bentley Speed 8
Toyota 88C-V

mazda rx7 bathurst version/ s2 sport tyres / no aids/ no upgrades
vs
dodge viper srt-10
on nuburgring 200pts
i thing is to easy
I think we need a bit more info here. Which race? Look at the post under yours for example
nige

Back