Stock car race comparison/challenge

• Thread starter hispeed
  • 1,409 comments
First!!!! (After lots and lots of line up research, line ups dependant on your car)

Beginners Hall: Spider & Roadster Race 1 - Twin Ring Motegi
Beginners Hall: Spider & Roadster Race 3 - Infineon

Car: Mazda MX-5 Miata '89 (10 km used, new oil) / FR / 124HP / 940 kg / 7.6kg/HP / 200 A-spec by Sjefke1985
(Motegi hard, lots of retries, Infineon easy)
(Instead of waiting for another 10km car to come along, I copied my savegame and bought the car from the other save)

(Against PAL line up 17, 206 - Z4 - MGF - MR2 GT-S - 350Z)

Beginners Hall: Spider & Roadster Race 2 - Trial Mountain

Car Mazda MX-5 SR-Limited '97 (used, new oil / FR / 130HP / 940kg / 7.2 HP/kg / 200 A-spec by Sjefke1985

Professional Hall: Turbo race 3 - High Speed Ring
Professional Hall: Turbo race 5 - Midfield

Car: Lotus Esprit Turbo HC '87 (prizecar, no oil) / MR / 226HP / 1146kg / 5.1kg/HP / 200 A-spec by Sjefke1985

Professional Hall: Turbo race 1 - Fuji

Car: Mazda RX-7 Type RZ (FD) '00 (Used, oil changed) / FR / 290HP / 1270kg / 4.4kg/HP / 200 A-spec by Sjefke1985

Last edited:
European Hall: British GT Series race 1 - Grand Valley
European Hall: British GT Series race 2 - Fuji
European Hall: British GT Series race 5 - Midfield

Car: Lotus Esprit V8 '02 / MR / 353HP / 1380kg / 3.9kg/HP / 200 A-spec by Sjefke1985

European Hall: British GT Series race 3 - El Capitan
European Hall: British GT Series race 4 - Infineon

Car: Lotus Elise 111R '04 (new oil, than 1000km) / MR / 196HP / 860kg / 4.4kg/HP / 200 A-spec by Sjefke1985

Professional Hall: Boxer Spirit race 2 - Infineon
Car: Subaru Impreza WRX STi Prodrive Style (GD, Type-I) '01 (used, new oil) / 4WD / 290HP / 1430kg / 4.9 HP/kg / 200 A-spec by Sjefke1985

Professional Hall: Boxer Spirit race 1 - Hong Kong
Professional Hall: Boxer Spirit race 3 - Deep Forest

Car: RUF 3400S '00 (S2, no oil, 4300km) / MR / 301 HP / 1300kg / 4.3 kg/HP / 200 A-spec by Sjefke1985

(against 4 RUFs, but a lot easier then using any Subaru, as I can't drive AWD properly)

Endurance races: El Capitan

Car: BMW M3 '04 / FR / 339HP / 1570kg / 4.6kg/HP / 200 A-spec by Sjefke1985

Endurance races: Grand Valley 300km

Car: RE-Amemiya Asparadrink RX-7 (JGTC) '04 (R1 tyres, new oil, max DF) / FR / 324HP / 1100kg / 3.4 kg/HP / 200 A-spec by Sjefke1985

GT5 should always list the results of the AI, I want to know by how much I won!

Endurance races: Laguna Seca 200 miles
Car: Honda NSX Type R '02 (new, oil changed, R1 tyres) / MR / 306HP / 1270kg / 4.2kg/HP / 200 A-spec by Sjefke1985

I used a brand new Honda NSX type R 2002 with an oil change and RSH tyres, for 200 pts. (Oil change and R2 tyres would have given 197 pts)
Against the Pontiac, the '99 Viper, Callaway and '96 and '00 Corvettes.
I got 2nd place in lap 2, after carefully overtaking the slower ones, and the Corvettes are stuck in traffic. However, at this point the Viper was getting away, building up an 8 s lead. Then he was going slowly on worn tires and I was able to catch up to about 3 s behind. The viper pitted on lap 17, giving me the lead. When I had to pit on lap 22 (due to my right-front tire loosing to much grip), I had a big enough lead (due to the viper's cold tires), to pit while staying in the lead. At the pit stop I filled up my gas tank to about 3/4 full.
My second stint I drove a bit conservatively, lasting my tires for 24 laps, enough to have two 22 lap stints left. The viper really didn't get close ever again. I finished the race easily with a best lap of 1.33.053, which could have been faster, but I never pushed it, as I was spitting out 1.33's and low 1.34's without much effort, so I decided to take only 3 stops.
In lap 69, on cold tires, I spun out in the corner after the Corkscrew, but I only lost about 10s, which didn't endanger my victory.
Finished in 2.22.59, with the '00 Corvette in second place, as the viper decided to pit on lap 89, the last split shown, showed me the Corvette was 1.15 behind.

Finishing order:
Honda NSX Type R '02 (me)
Chevrolet Corvette Z06 (C5) '00 (1.15 down)
Chevrolet Corvette Grand Sport (C4) '96 (about 1.28 down)
Dodge Viper GTS '99 (little over 1 lap down)
Callaway C12 '03 (3 laps down)
Pontiac GTO 5.7 Coupe '04 (3.5 laps down)

I really love this NSX for making me fall in love with Laguna Seca again. The Honda has now ran 321.4 km, and lost 15 HP during the race, all of which came back with an oil change.

Last edited:
Boy did I enjoy this...

Endurance races: Nurburgring 4hr

Car: Honda S2000 Type-V '03 (new, no oil, S1 tyres) / FR / 242 HP / 1270kg / 5.2kg/HP / 200 A-Spec by Sjefke1985

Starting line-up (PAL no. 77, dependant on car & color):

Jaguar S-Type R '02
Fiat Coupe Turbo Plus '00
Ford Focus RS '02
Holden Commodore SS '04
Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX STi Spec C (GD, Type-II) '04
Honda S2000 Type-V '03 (me)
Completing 29 laps in 4.03.15.630

MoV 2.134 s over the Impreza, my only competition.
This was really close as the Subaru was faster on his 2nd, 3rd and 4th lap after pitting, and I was about the same amount of time faster on his 1st and 5th (last) lap after pitting, and my faster pit stops.

I didn't lose the lead after I got it in lap 10, and each stint I gained 2 or 3 s. However, as I did this in one session, I was losing my focus the last hour or so, he gained a bit each lap.
Besides that, he finished on his best laps.

Finishing order:
Honda S2000 Type-V '03 (me) (29 laps in 4.03.15.630)
Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX STi Spec C (GD, Type-II) '04 (29 laps in 4.03.18.496)
Jaguar S-Type R '02 (on leap lap)
Ford Focus RS '02 (almost 1 lap down)
Holden Commodore SS '04 (1.5 laps down)
Fiat Coupe Turbo Plus '00 (2 and a bit laps down)

My best lap was 8.13.392,
the color my car had was the very appropriate Nürburgring Blue Metallic :dopey:

FR Challenge / Mazda MX-5 1600 NR-A (NB, J) 2004 / FR / 132hp / 1050kg / 8.0kg/hp / 200 a spec points

Please show me a replay of that race, because with the exact same car, completely stock (no oil change, brand new car S2 tyres) i only manage 2nd place with like a 3 -4 seconds gap to P1 (BMW Z4)

I bought racing suspension, racing clutch everything to match the 200 A spec points, but still cant manage to win.

And i must say, that im not a bad driver.....

Chris

I agree Christhedude -

Using a stock Mazda Miata to win the FR Challenge (in 200 point tune) in the Beginner Hall does seem unlikely (post # 1341).

The only track where anyone else has won with such a low powered car is Motorland.

Perhaps the tires were R2's?

Respectfully,
GTsail

I agree Christhedude -

Using a stock Mazda Miata to win the FR Challenge (in 200 point tune) in the Beginner Hall does seem unlikely (post # 1341).

The only track where anyone else has won with such a low powered car is Motorland.

Respectfully,
GTsail

Yap, well i finally managed to win the race. I'm 99% of races clean, even in GT4 but this race requires a certain dirtyness 👍

The car has the 132hp with 1050kg, no oil change, Racing suspension tuned, carbon driveshaft, triple clutch, S2 tyres.

Recorded with BlackBerry 9700

Chris 👍

I agree Christhedude -

Respectfully,
GTsail

Paul how do manage to use R2´s in FR Challenge ? :confused:

raVer

Paul how do manage to use R2´s in FR Challenge ? :confused:

raVer

You're right -raVer-, the FR Challenge is limited to normal or sport tires. I was just trying to offer an explanation of how to win the race with a stock Miata that only had 132HP without looking at the requirements first.

Respectfully,
GTsail

Last edited:
Sunday Cup Race 1 200 A-Spec

Car: Daihatsu SIRION CX 2WD (J) ´98

52HP 840KG S2 (no Oil no rigidity refresh)

sirion.png

raVer

nice race raver, gonna try that once im back home!
why does it say 57 HP in the replay of the race?

bought a component cable for the ps2 so now im back on GT4 and HDTV til GT5 is out 👍

Chris

Last edited:
nice race raver, gonna try that once im back home!
why does it say 57 HP in the replay of the race?

bought a component cable for the ps2 so now im back on GT4 and HDTV til GT5 is out 👍

Chris

The replay always shows the HP Value with an Oil Change or as new car

The Hp Value in the Sell Screen is the correct one

raVer

Last edited:
Dotini Presents
1st 200 A-spec by stock 4WD
at Nurburgring 4hr Endurance Race​

Car: Volkswagen Golf IV R32 '03 (3000+ miles used oil, S1 tyres) / 4WD / 234 HP / 1460kg / 6.24kg/HP / 200 A-Spec by Dotini

Starting line-up NTSC no. 18*

Audi S4 '03
Mercedes-Benz CLK 55 AMG '00
Holden Commodore SS '04
Ford Focus RS '02
Volkswagen Golf IV R32 '03 (me)

Completing 28 laps in 4:00'37.357
Fastest Lap 8'21.294 on lap 7
MoV 1'12.xxx over CLK 55 AMG

For two weeks I've patiently sought out the best cars and best lineups for this setup of the 1st 4WD to take 200 A-spec, all clean and according to the strictest interpretation of our rules, at the Nurburgring 4 hours of endurance. At first I sought out the tiny handful of 4WD cars able to put in a 4 lap stint, but in the end I found only one car with the pace, tire wear and driveability, and only one lineup with high enough A-spec and low enough average speed for me to win comfortably. Remarkably, 3 lap stints were more than good enough.

The lead was easily enough taken during the first lap, but not consolidated until the 7th. 25 units of fuel were taken on after it became necessary to refuel. I found this car to have an exceptionally good 6-speed gearbox and very forgiving handling for a stock car. The exhaust note has a nice gear whine, too. I will undoubtedly find more uses for this exceptionally enjoyable car.

Aids were set to 003 and horsepower dropped to 232 during the course of the race.

*The lineup is found this way:
1) Reset console and Preview the Nurburgring 4 hr race with a blue Clio Renault Sport V6 24V '01.
2) Enter and exit the 4 hr race 17 times.
3) Switch to car of your choice (here I used the red VW R32) and find the lineup as above.

Respectfully submitted
Dotini

New Record Kg/hp ratio for 200 A-spec at Nurburgring 4hr Endurance Race

Car: Nissan Skyline Sedan 350GT-8 '02 (9000+ miles used oil, S1 tires) / FR / 241 HP / 1550kg / 6.43 kg/HP / 200 A-Spec by Dotini

Audi S4 '03
Holden Commodore SS '04
Ford Focus RS '02
Nissan Skyline Sedan 350GT-8 '02 (me)

Completing 29 laps in 4:06'20.338
Fastest Lap 8'16.551 (S1)
Fastest Lap 8'11.316 (S2) lap 29
MoV 3'35.xxx over CLK 55 AMG

This Skyline with the 8-speed gearbox has excellent pace but very poor tire wear. I was able to get only 3 good laps before pitting. A Crossfire with worn oil would probably be the best bet for securing the ultimate Kg/hp ratio for this event.

Respectfully submitted,
Dotini

Nice work on the last two 'ring 4hr enduros Dotini. You must have done that for 200 in close to a dozen cars now, right? Also, check my post in General Discussion thread about GT5, would love your response to the first question.

@raVer: so those are six runs with different cars in the 'ring 4h? Definitely agree you should post them in the stock cars thread format, many people could find this useful.

The amount of interest over the last couple of months in this event and the range of cars used makes me think the 'ring 4h is easily the best enduro in the game.

Last edited:
PF
Nice work on the last two 'ring 4hr enduros Dotini. You must have done that for 200 in close to a dozen cars now, right? Also, check my post in General Discussion thread about GT5, would love your response to the first question.

@raVer: so those are six runs with different cars in the 'ring 4h? Definitely agree you should post them in the stock cars thread format, many people could find this useful.

The amount of interest over the last couple of months in this event and the range of cars used makes me think the 'ring 4h is easily the best enduro in the game.

Judging from folks submissions, the El Cap 200 is the favorite. It's short and very lucrative. But the Nurburgring 4 hour has the advantages of being a true world classic circuit that I, for one, would enjoy driving on some holiday, and there are still some records to set and lineup exploring to do. I do love it!

Highest regards,
Dotini

Judging from folks submissions, the El Cap 200 is the favorite. It's short and very lucrative.
It's got more submissions because it's easy. I'm preparing for a lash at a 200pt race there but could not do the same nearly as easily for a stock or tuned car in the 'ring 4h. As a longer and different circuit I think it allows for more creativity in car selection and tuning. Sukerkin's tunes (as you well know) are an example of the complexity of tuning for the 'ring; he'll put over 1000mi into testing his tunes. I don't really care for the number of folks' submissions when you, GTSail, Austin, raVer, nemesis01, that new bloke whose handle starts with 'sjk' or something and many others keep coming up with new strategies for this race. Quality over quantity.

Car: Chrysler Crossfire '04 (9000+ miles used oil, S1 tires) / FR / 194 HP / 1361kg / 7.02 kg/HP / 200 A-Spec by Dotini

Audi S4 '03
Holden Commodore SS '04
Ford Focus RS '02
Chrysler Crossfire '04 (me)

Completing 29 laps in 4:0x'xx.xxx
Fastest Lap 8'22.424
MoV 2'35.690 over CLK 55 AMG

The Crossfire has precision handling, great balance and grip, and is a joyous experience to drive in stock trim at the 'Ring. All the scary places go flat out, and the gearbox makes good use of the modest horsepower. Several strategies are possible: you may start on S2's and pit at 4 lap intervals, or start on S1's and go 5 laps between stops. In the event, I started on S1's, and switched to S2's at the end of lap 5.

Respectfully submitted,
Dotini

Very nicely done Dotini.You broke the 7kg/HP barrier. 👍

Thanks, raVer!

The final problem may well be to do a 200 point race with a front wheel drive. At the moment, I'm not aware of one with good enough tire wear, and I don't relish the task of finding one!

Respectfully,
Dotini

Car: Chrysler Crossfire '04 (9000+ miles used oil, S1 tires) / FR / 194 HP / 1361kg / 7.02 kg/HP / 200 A-Spec by Dotini

Great work Dotini!!!

I see that you're using a special "preview shuffle" to find the desired AI lineup. Do you get to the same lineup after 18 console resets, no matter what the paint scheme your car might have?

Respectfully,
GTsail

Great work Dotini!!!

I see that you're using a special "preview shuffle" to find the desired AI lineup. Do you get to the same lineup after 18 console resets, no matter what the paint scheme your car might have?

Respectfully,
GTsail

Thanks, GTsail290!

There was only one console reset. I previewed the race with a blue Clio Renault Sport V6 24V '00, then entered/exited 17 times. I then switched cars - any car, any color scheme will work - and entered the race against the 18th lineup after the initial console reset. Strongly recommended you give this a try. It will set the stage to win the race with much weaker cars than you are used to.

Respectfully,
Dotini

Last edited:
I had a 200 A-Spec with a FWD already
Finding here:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=87601&page=23#post3766002

raVer

Jolly good effort, raVer, with the best possible lineup and a car able to mete out kind treatment to its front tires. I'll buy this car and check it out closely to see if I can get 200 points with worn oil and no ballast. That way it will qualify for inclusion in the stock car thread.

It takes a special kind of pioneering determination to score 200 with an FF due to enduring the agonizing inherent understeer and usually quite awful tire wear. Congratulations on this outstanding effort.

Do your notes show the color of this car, and/or how you were able to locate this particular favorable lineup?

Highest regards,
Dotini

Can´t remember the color.
I think I switched through the lineups as usual.

You also can try the
ACURA CL 3.2 Type-S ´01 or the
ACURA RSX Type S

raVer

Hi Guys, despite running GT4 since 2005, I've only just discovered GTPlanet and more specifically this thread and 200pts races in general which has given my PS2 a new lease of life. Note that I don't get a huge amount of time to race, maybe 20 mins per day, so any undertaking takes some considerable time.

Despite this, I have some entries for the stock car challenge. These aren't new so don't bother adding them to the front page unless someone sees value...

Japanese races: All Japan GT Championship race 2, 3, 4, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Car: Cusco Subaru Advan Impreza (JGTC) '03 (R3 Tires, oil changed, Downforce 21/25) / FR / 310HP / 1100kg / 3.55kg/HP / 200 A-spec by Carlos Fandango

Endurance races: Grand Valley 300km
Car: Cusco Subaru Advan Impreza (JGTC) '03 (R1 Tires, oil changed, Downforce 21/25) / FR / 310HP / 1100kg / 3.55kg/HP / 200 A-spec by Carlos Fandango

Special Conditions: Tsukuba Wet Race : Easy difficulty
Car: Lotus Elise Type 72 '01 / MR / 120HP / 756kg / 6.3kg/HP / vs. Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII RS '03 200 A-spec by Carlos Fandango

Special Conditions: Tsukuba Wet Race : Hard difficulty
Car: Lancia Delta S4 (R3/R3) / 4WD / 449HP / 890kg / 1.98kg/HP / vs. Bentley Speed 8 200 A-spec by Carlos Fandango

Note that all the above was doen with driving aids set to 0/0/0

Hopefully more to follow. I'll only bother posting 200pts wins due to time limitations. Thanks to Hispeed and Smallhorses for the thread

Last edited:
1st 200 A-spec by stock FF

at Nurburgring 4hr Endurance Race

Car: Volkswagen New Beetle Cup Car '00 (new, no oil, S1 tires) / FF / 205 HP / 1170kg / 5.71kg/HP / 200 A-Spec by Dotini

Audi S4 '03
Holden Commodore SS '04
Ford Focus RS '02
Volkswagen New Beetle Cup Car '00 (me)

Completing 28 laps in 4:00'48.095
Fastest Lap 8'26.572
MoV 0'57.228 over CLK 55 AMG

Pitted every 3 laps with this German car so easy on its tires, they could be flogged hard if need be. Even so, it took me until lap 11 to take the lead for good against a very pretty red CLK 55 AMG. The AI driver of the CLK 55 AMG could do much better with this car if he didn't push his tires half-a-lap too far per stint.

Since this car does not have a Sell Screen horsepower figure, I used the big number on the Parts Change Screen.

Respectfully submitted,
Dotini

Last edited:
Nurburgring 4H 200 A-Spec

Car: Mazda Kusabi '03 (Settings stock, S2 tires) / FF / 148HP / 900kg / 6.08 kg/HP / 200 A-Spec by raVer

kusabi.png

kusabisell.png

Lineup:

kusabilineup.png

Results:

kusabiresults.png

LAPS: 29
BEST LAP: 8'19.615
PIT: every 3

Last lap of the Race:

raVer

Last edited: