Stopped Smoking

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Mr P, Dec 15, 2004.

1. Danny

Danny Premium

I've been smoking less than a year and I'm not hooked. How hard is it to stop?

2. zed300

zed300

Don't kid yourself it takes every bit of will power and more.Less than a year you say, try and keep it that way forever.

3. Blake

Blake Premium

Try and see.

4. Max Powers

Max Powers (Banned)

Well this was four years ago now and I'm up to a pack-pack and a half a day. I don't think I've really tried to quit since then, but I'm a miserable bastard if I go a few hours without a cigarette. Quit while you still can, Danny when it's still a casual habit, that's how it started for me, but it wasn't long until I got hooked.

I guess there are some lucky people who can have a cig every once in a while and not be hooked, my girlfriend is like that, she'll have one or two when we're out drinking or something but 9 times out of 10 she won't touch them. She's been doing that for 5 or 6 years now too. Unfotunetely she's the exception and not the rule. I was hooked after a few months.

5. Joey D

Joey D Premium

It really depends, I've been smoking off and on since I was 18 and I don't really feel as if I'm hooked. I can go a couple weeks with out a cigarette but I'll be out with some people and smoke 4 or 5. When I was in Europe last summer I smoked quite a bit (as it seemed to be the norm, especially in Spain), although once I got back I was fine.

I think quitting really depends on your personality and how your mind is wired. For some it's just a matter of not buying cigs and boom you've quit, but for others you really need to work at it. I have a buddy who's tried to quit for 3 years now and has been unsuccessful.