Stopping while wheeling...

• Thread starter IOMTT
  • 21 comments
kaede
Very funny. :lol: I wonder if there's a hole in the tank after all that pumping?:sly:
:lol: :lol:

That's actually pretty impresive. I like how he knows exactly where the cameras are.
I'ma have to learn how to do that. Nice find:tup:

Not to get too off topic here but am I the only one who wishes the rider would look around the damn bike while doing a wheelie in "handlebar view" instead of staring into the sky?:irked:

PERFECT BALANCE
I've acually done that before. I didn't turn around, but I stopped while doing a wheelie, then I started up again.

How is it done? Can share the technique? I've tried but to no avail.

Done it! its quite easy actually, i find its easier on a 600 sports bike, just start from a standstill, stick the front wheel in air, pull right back with full acceleration, and keep leaning back as far as poss with out crashing and the bike with naturally slow down, you'll need to "pump" though (dont lean back all the way, you'll need to toggle between leaning back and not leaning back to prevent going to far and falling off, thats why you see the pumping, hope this helps and ill post pics in a sec :)

EDIT: pics:

Did it first try!👍 It's actually a lot easier than I thought. Just follow the instructions PoliniJake gave.

Moriwaki 1000RR...

XR250...

lmao @ my little 5'4" guy, he can't even reach the ground.

Wow you guys are right it is very easy to do, thanks for the instructions PoliniJake 👍

No problem, glad i could help 👍

It took me a few trys, but i've managed to do it on the 'busa :D it should not be possible to hold that bike up! :P

To make th ebike turn around you have to stop the wheelie on an upslope and bike naturally turns round. I did this at the start of the back straight of deep forest on a ducati 999R RM.......

Finally got it! It's much easier on an upslope, which I'd seen somewhere then promptly forgotten, but I decided to try it in a race, to get traffic:

And I had to see what the cockpit view method would produce, so:

Edit: It just occurred to me why this works on an upslope. When the bike stops, it starts to roll backwards, that's why both feet come down, same as if you'd just stopped sitting up and released the brakes.

That's actually my video linked above. I'm stoked that you guys found it and were able to duplicate the "stunt".

I've been playing a lot more TT and will be posting more videos soon.

I'll be sure to post links for your viewing pleasure.

Question, how are you guys getting the images onto the PC?

I get video by connecting my PS2 to a video capture device, but the quality is not so great as you can see by the video.

kidafrika
Question, how are you guys getting the images onto the PC?

Surely you've seen the Photomode section in the game menus. :sly:

Make pictures from replays, save them to a USB thumb drive, take the drive to your PC, it'll be full of JPGs.

wfooshee
Surely you've seen the Photomode section in the game menus. :sly:

Make pictures from replays, save them to a USB thumb drive, take the drive to your PC, it'll be full of JPGs.
I just noticed the thumb drive option in the options menu. I'm going to check it out now. Thanks for the reply.

I cant get it to work. When i do the pumping trick i cant keep the wheelie up, but i have to keep moving forward 20-40 miles per hour, otherwise the wheel drops. HOw do you get the speed to be so slow?

It slows down by itself as you reach closer to vertical. The pumping action is basically balancing - if you don't do it, you just stand the bike up and fall off the back. Keep the throttle on, use the weight shift to keep the bike up, but not fall over backwards. Do it on a slight uphill grade, it's WAY easier that way. As the bike approaches, you'll hear the engine slow down without you letting off throttle. Then you know you're getting close. Also, I think you have to be in at least semi-pro, maybe pro mode on the controller.

Back