Street Bikes coming to GT5?

  • Thread starter Thread starter ikonrott85
  • 67 comments
  • 6,674 views
Messages
178
I was in a lobby just a few minutes ago and the people in there were saying that there was rumor that PD was going to release a street bike pack for GT5. has anyone herd the same?
 
Now that would be cool, imagine screaming around the nurburgring on a bike.
 
Woud be kinda cool, but I'd rather them make Tourist Trophy 2 than add bikes to GT5.
 
i cant wait to run over those bikes with my zonda, damage on please!
 
It is unconfirmed, but PD creators did actually say that with the engine running the dymaics and physics of the game, more particularly the suspension and aerodynamics, that the game is ready for bikes to be thrown in without having to change the whole thing and the bikes would adapt right in. They also said that its something they would consider in the future but is unlikely anytime soon.
 
I would be extremely surprised if that happened. I would expect it would require an entirely different physics model. As well this is a racing game, and they just announced partnership with thrustmaster for a new wheel, well street bikes and racing wheels don't mix.

So in truth I would put the odds at less than 1% you will see street bikes in this game But I don't know Kaz's fascinations so who knows.
 
A wheel, the Nurburgring and a Ducati Streetfighter? Sounds kinda bananas, but I like it.
 
dabien thats not cool! Bikes would be a cool thing to add only if they do it right though
 
I would be extremely surprised if that happened. I would expect it would require an entirely different physics model.

Because the law of physics works differently on bikes? How so?

They might need to extend it slightly to add some physics that never occurred on 4 wheel vehicles, but everything else would act on a bike the same as it does on a car.
 
Someone needs to make a bike "wheel" or I guess it'd be called a handle bar. Driving a bike is a kind of weird experience with a wheel and pedals.
 
I would hate to see bike and cars together in GT5 what is the point ?.
I buy GT5 for the cars not bikes if I wanted that I would have got moto GP.
 
IMO, if they're going to add anything, it needs to be more premium cars. Save bikes for the next Tourist Trophy game.
 
You could use a wiimote to simulate leaning.
 
I seriously doubt they would "give" a feature like that away, even in paid DLC for 5 or 10 bucks.

If its true maybe theres Tourist Trophy 2 coming out, thats about all I would believe.
 
Last edited:
No thanks.

I'll wait for Tourist Trophy 2.
 
Someone needs to make a bike "wheel" or I guess it'd be called a handle bar. Driving a bike is a kind of weird experience with a wheel and pedals.
Yamaha and Ducati both had bars for PS2
Not sure if they work on PS3
 
It is unconfirmed, but PD creators did actually say that with the engine running the dymaics and physics of the game, more particularly the suspension and aerodynamics, that the game is ready for bikes to be thrown in without having to change the whole thing...

Source?
 
I would rather have them fix the A-Spec wet physics before adding any more cars or bikes.
It's my biggest gripe with the game.
 
Last edited:
Stupid idea when the car side of the game isn't finished yet?!?

Bikes would be a total nuisance on the 'Ring too like real life even if I really like bikes.
 
No thanks.

I'll wait for Tourist Trophy 2.

Same here...
and I think if PD wants to make TT2, I think they wouldn't have a problem since the original TT used the same physics engine in GT4! :D
 
I hope that they add some more up to date cars to the game before they add something as silly and uninteresting as bikes.

Where is my Audi A5/S5/RS5/A1/RS3/S4? Where is the Merc E-Coupe/CLS AMG the BMW 650i, X6, the Alfa Mito/Giulietta, etc. etc.
 
it is not a good idea to combine the bikes and cars in the same race....just ask the hotshot moto gp guys that came over to pgr running their mouths in ranked matches.......

http://img708.imageshack.us/i/doubleplay.jpg/

http://img825.imageshack.us/i/4446ae53eeba4912855b823.jpg/

http://img262.imageshack.us/i/3170e8b0ef9041c18fed3ce.jpg/

http://img145.imageshack.us/i/8d9da4e69da244d38c6cf06.jpg/

I have another somewhere where i actually ran over 3 in one corner...lol fun times



You owe me a keyboard. I just sprayed coffee all over mine! That was hilarious.
 
Last edited:
Bikes in a driving sim would be a daft idea,And if it did happen I would rather they fix all the problems in GT5 first which will take some fair time nuff said really
 
i thinks its just a rumor without legit source.
 
After seeing TRC G00SE links, they might as well rename the game to Gran Theft Auto.
 
Back