Stuff you Designed

• Thread starter Venom800tt
  • 106 comments
United States
Knoxville, Tennessee
Seems there is no topic about all the stuff people's imaginations come up with :P
Anyway post anything you designed, weather it be 2d or 3d, vehicle, weapon, anything. Just as long as it is something from your own mind :sly:

I will start off with a single 3d plane, my newest one in fact. If you all want I can post the specs for my ideas too...

F-33A Rapier II fighter/interceptor (not finished):

I'm an industrial design student, so I design things all of the time.

Here's some recent car stuff.

cc2jc0.jpg

I also painted my iPod, which I thought was pretty cool. I never completed the project, which was meant to have the word "this" on the front too, to make it a "this or that" flippy effect.

thatrealti3.jpg

I made a thread like this a while back, but nobody replied:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=84274&highlight=design

I've designed a floor lamp for my Design and Technology project, and am in the process of making it at the moment (Spending a frustrating amount of time minding a lathe, bah.) but I don't have any Inventor designs on me at the moment.

I'll see if I can grab some screenshots in college.

Oh wow, nice stuff guys. :)
Basically everything I design is for fun, although there are a couple car designs I have that I would LOVE to make in real life, if given the money and tools to do so. The two cars I want to do the most are the designs on the far left and far right in this picture I have made using 3d models of the cars:

From left to right:
Raptor (Various small block Chevy V8's)
Hawk (Same as Raptor)
Kestrel (RR Model 250 gas turbine, 715 hp)
Tiger (My own Boxer 8 TT, 700 hp)
V350T (GE T700 gas turbine, 2000 hp)

Raptor is the simplest of all my designs. No kind driver aids, just a pure little sports car that is very simple in construction and design.
Now, the V350T is the complete opposite. It is based off of LMP technology in construction with aerodynamics closer to the old massive downforce Group C racers. It is packed full of technology, such as active suspension, AWD, GPS, radar, and soon IR night vision. It projects info onto the windshield or the drivers helmet (if he/she chooses to wear one), similar to a fighter jet. I originally designed the car for a competition to make a 550km/h road car, and has since evolved into my ultimate car design. Due to limitations in street tire technology it would be limited to around 260 mph.
As you can see by the looks alone non of the cars are what you would call practical. The most usable is the Kestrel, though it is hampered by fuel consumption somewhat. Kestrel has a turbine engine really just for the sake of being different, plus the massive power to weight ratios turbines have. The V350T has a turbine more out of need, because a gas or diesel engine of similar performance would be a lot heavier than the 2000 hp, 485 lb GE turbine in it now. Not to mention turbines have insane reliability.

I designed a w18 engine. It has 3 banks of 6 cylinders. It has 12 liters, produces 200 hp per liter @ 1800 hp, and has a 6 turbo set up. there are 2 turbos per bank, one small, the other large, so it produces boost through the entire rev range. It is planned to have a 7000 rpm redline, and produce max HP @ 6200 revs. It will go into one of my ultimate designs, a 1100 lb street car. this is of course without an engine. the tires will be made of a carbon/rubber composite which will be capable of speeds of 350+ MPH. the car itself will only go about 280-300, due to drag limitations. this car will have 4 wheel drive, 4 wheel steering, and and adjustable spoiler similar to a Bugatti Veyron's, only it dissapears completely.

I designed a w18 engine. It has 3 banks of 6 cylinders. It has 12 liters, produces 200 hp per liter @ 1800 hp, and has a 6 turbo set up. there are 2 turbos per bank, one small, the other large, so it produces boost through the entire rev range. It is planned to have a 7000 rpm redline, and produce max HP @ 6200 revs. It will go into one of my ultimate designs, a 1100 lb street car. this is of course without an engine. the tires will be made of a carbon/rubber composite which will be capable of speeds of 350+ MPH. the car itself will only go about 280-300, due to drag limitations. this car will have 4 wheel drive, 4 wheel steering, and and adjustable spoiler similar to a Bugatti Veyron's, only it dissapears completely.

Oh wow, sounds like both of our ultimate cars have a similar goal in mind :P
Here are the specs for my V350T:

Venom 350T Turbine Powered Road Car

Specifications

Engine:

Type: Gas Turbine
Model: General Electric T700-T6A
Peak Horsepower Output: 2000 hp @ 24,000 rpm
Rated Torque Output: 380 lb/ft @ 24,000 rpm
Peak Torque: 700 lb/ft @ 1,000 rpm (reduction gearbox output shaft rpm)
Length: 48.2" (1.22m)
Diameter: 25" (.635m)
Weight: 485 lbs (220Kg)

Fuel:
Diesel or Jet-A, 40 gallons/280 lbs (151.41L/127Kg)

Transmission/Drivetrain:

6 speed paddle operated semi-automatic with reverse
3 limited slip differentials
All wheel drive
Variable torque bias

Chassis:

Carbon Fiber semi-monocoque with key structural elements made of aluminum alloy and steel
Chrome moly steel tube roll cage

Dimensions:

Weight: 1980 lbs (898.11 Kg)
Length: 196" (4.98m)
Width: 80" (2.03m)
Height: 40" (1.016m)
Wheelbase: 116" (2.95m)
Track: 60" (1.52m) Front, 50" (1.27m) Rear
Ground Clearance: 2"-5" (50.8-127mm)

Suspension:

Type: Carbon composite double A-arm, front and rear with pushrod activated inboard shock/spring units.
Hydraulic ground clearance adjustability and active suspension system using MR* shocks.

Steering:

Rack & Pinion, variable electric power assist
4 wheel steering

Brakes:

Disks: 15" (381mm) carbon-ceramic brake disks front and rear
Calipers: Brembo 8 piston monoblock calipers front and rear
ABS* system
Driver controlled brake force bias

Wheels:

Wheels: 18" front, 20" rear magnesium alloy rims

Tires:

Specially designed high speed radial tires based off of the Michelin Pilot Sport
295/35ZR-18 Front, 355/30ZR-20 Rear

Aerodynamics:

Removable electronically adjustable rear wing
4 removable front canards
Front and rear diffusers with downforce generating venturi tunnels
Optional closed rear fenders
Optional aerodynamic carbon fiber front wheel covers

Safety:

Chrome moly steel tube roll cage
6 point racing harness
HANS* restraint system
ABS*
Carbon Fiber cockpit “tub”
Racing style fuel cell
Infrared night vision camera system
Heads-up display system
Collision avoidance radar system

Estimated Performance:

0-60 mph: 3 seconds
0-100 mph: 6 seconds
Top Speed: 350 mph (Mach .46)
Braking, 60-0mph: under 100 ft

Glossary:
MR = Magnetorheological Fluid
ABS = Anti-Lock Braking System
HANS = Head And Neck Support device

Cool. By the way, my car runs on Hydrogen. and gets 15 MPG Highway. Beat that with your airline engine.

Cool. By the way, my car runs on Hydrogen. and gets 15 MPG Highway. Beat that with your airline engine.

Haha, I'll be lucky to get 6 or 7 mpg. But hey, I got 2000 hp and the awesome sound of a turbine! And it is a helicopter engine btw ;)
Also, turbine engines aren't exactly picky with fuel. It will run normal JetA/B, JP-8, kerosene, diesel, bio-diesel, low octane gas, or nearly any other combustible liquid you can put in the fuel tank. Turbines have also been modified to run on CNG, LPG, and propane. Testing is also being done on fuel injectors for hydrogen powered turbine engines. Anyway I don't think anyone crazy enough to have such a car would be concerned about fuel consumption :P

Well, It desn't help to to have a car that goes 300+ MPH, yet can't reach it because it ran out of the rabbit pudding or babies that you put in it's gas tank.

rollsroyceboxvy9.jpg

Chryser 300 + Rolls Royce Phantom = This Mid Engine Muscle car. a Muscle that's Mid engine, that new or what?:)

I did, and also some post-secondary chemistry, but you don't need any of it in design. I gave up with chem when it got really vague with unproven theories and tetrahedral pyramidals...

okay, i asked because my chem teacher assigned a unit assignment, we are suppose to research a career that requires at least a grade 11 chem, because im in grade 11, go figure lol. But, like i have to subbmit a write up as to why and how chemistry can be applied to the designated career, in this case i picked ID

Why would you need Chem in ID... :odd:
Some subjects aren't neccesarily relevant but if you can get a good grade in them it shows you have a strong ability. For example, engineering graduates are highly sort after by city banks.

Latest Posts

Back