Stuff you Designed

• Thread starter Venom800tt
  • 106 comments
Sorry for bumping a old thread, but um.. I would like to hear a bit on this design..

prototypea17glassesuj0.png

Having glasses with thick sides (not that bad) it will severely affect driving safety in terms peripheral vision. As for design it's ok, but nothing really new.

Sorry for bumping a old thread, but um.. I would like to hear a bit on this design..

prototypea17glassesuj0.png

I'm not a fan of thick temples on Rx frames, and you'll rarely see something that exaggerated on a prescription frame. As far as glass design, for myself it is always hard to judge what glasses look like in person, even when provided with a good photograph. I used to do draw glasses from time to time, but I haven't designed anything lately. It seems like a neat industry.

I'm actually currently in the process of hunting for a new set of glasses. I've currently got Oakley Off Line 4.0s but they're showing their age and I've had them for 5 years. I'm looking at getting ic! berlin but can't find a retailer with a good enough selection in the GTA.

Check out ic! berlin if you're into ID, they're quite ingenious.

stills5.jpg

A bit overdone on details IMO.

I want pair of Black High Gloss glasses that have A17 in Chrome Engraving like drawn above :dopey:

i don't know i havent worn glasses before, i think i might like having a BIT of weight when i'm wearing the glasses, a weightless object sitting on my face feels and sounds a quite awkward

i don't know i havent worn glasses before, i think i might like having a BIT of weight when i'm wearing the glasses, a weightless object sitting on my face feels and sounds a quite awkward

Trust me, you would want the lightest thing possible on your face for 16 straight hours. My current ones are on the heavy side, and after trying on a pair of the ic!'s it was like being able to take deep breaths of fresh air after only being able to breath out of a straw for a year. It makes a difference.

I actually just bought them as well.

I really want to be able to draw like "concepty" type cars. Ive been just scribbling all through school for like the past week, i've gone through a pile of about 6 books, 4 top gear magazines, 1 "CAR" magazine, and 1 big fat car encyclopaedia looking for inspiration. >.< I mean i can draw designs from side on view, and im alright with a 3/4 from the rear, but i still cant draw from the back, front, or front 3/4... Any tips?

Err, I guess I'll post this here.

This is a concept car I drew up today, then rendered with photoshop. Just trying to fill up my gallery space. I'm not sure if I should go ahead and complete this, or start a new one with a better view/perspective of the car. I might consider this one as a bit of a test version. :) But I do like it! I guess it's inspiration from Deviantart members and Mazda concept cars.

conceptrender1oz8.jpg

remove that sketch layer dude.. and you used Hussain Al-taar's rendering tutorial didn't you?

remove that sketch layer dude.. and you used Hussain Al-taar's rendering tutorial didn't you?

Yep, I used that tutorial. Probably the best one I've seen on the site so far.
And the sketch layer I can just get rid of any time, so it doesn't bother me at all. Because I didn't get to the 'extreme detailing' part, I lightly added the original sketch so you guys could see where I was heading. 👍
But yes, I've decided to start over... so that was really a test version to get my bearings together.

Man, I used to love painting cars in NASCAR 96 or so - a looooong time ago. I came up with some pretty decent stuff, considering that you had to literally paint pixel by pixel.

I like the Famous Dave's livery.

Man, I used to love painting cars in NASCAR 96 or so - a looooong time ago. I came up with some pretty decent stuff, considering that you had to literally paint pixel by pixel.

I like the Famous Dave's livery.

Thanks, I'm a site artist on the biggest NASCAR 09 paint site on the net, and apparently pretty good (going off of other's feedback)

I'll post some more soon.

From,
Chris.

When I was a kid (around 10 or so) I designed a W configuration engine with drawn (had drawn) diagrams, labels and everything, I at the time never heard of the engine design before. I also designed (drawn out) a whole bunch of other engine designs and features, I used to think of engines a lot. One idea I had I still havent seen it implemented on a engine yet. (probably thought of but never worked :lol: )

I wish I could find these drawings now, they'll be around somewhere still.

Yep, I used that tutorial. Probably the best one I've seen on the site so far.
And the sketch layer I can just get rid of any time, so it doesn't bother me at all. Because I didn't get to the 'extreme detailing' part, I lightly added the original sketch so you guys could see where I was heading. 👍
But yes, I've decided to start over... so that was really a test version to get my bearings together.

What site? I personally didn't like that tutorial too much. Why? I don't remember. I used this tutorial as my introduction to photoshop, Designer Techniques, but specifically this one; Emre Husmen - Photoshop Rendering.

program you used was.........?

Possibly a Step-By step of what you did that I'll take as a tutorial.........?

Google sketch-up is a pretty good program to design 'stuff' on. I have a work in progress model of my house. Ive also done stuff for school.

Here's some stuff I modelled in SketchUp, then exported to a different program for rendering. This is a house I designed last year; it's currently under construction.

hallidaysectiondayrv0.jpg

hallidaysectionnightaj7.jpg

hallidayext1ns3.jpg

hallidayextrearxc9.jpg

hallidayfrontnight11ea4.jpg

hallidaycutaway1xj0.jpg

hallidayintfurnishedkc8.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, that is amazing, sorry for the late response...I completely forgot about this thread.

i hated using sketchup... there's nothing that identified depth due to a plain beige backdrop, on top of that, things snapped to piece i didn't want. And when I want to move a shape i made it only moves that one face.

Sketchup takes skill, you must learn to use all the tools it gives you but even so there is a few things not quite right.

It was on the sample they gave me so I simply vectored (live trace) it and made a background out of it.

Back