Stupid AI Moments

• Thread starter Thiele
  • 124 comments
GTP_Thiele (PSP only)
nope
i'm sure i saw a thread on this but i spent hours searching, no results, if there is a thread, just close this one

anyway, has anyone noticed something funny in gt4, eg ai crashing.

this one's set up i always go into arcade mode and go on a track with the zonda 7.3 and select n1 tires and there is a cizeta, jaguar xj220 shelby cobra, RUF ctr2 and a few others they crash so much that i get a tummy ache from laughing, [especially the cizeta, the cobra and the ruf are the worst] in nurburgring they often miss the pits by crashing and turn into the wall of the pits trying to get in, and spend the next lap spinning out it's hillarious my car sometimes does it aswell but i don't care i'm just mucking around.

also with those cars on motorland they keep hitting the wall and going in the pits, the ruf pitted in 9 times in 10 laps or something like that

how about this one which pisses me off on sarthe some cars including bob [especially FGT] just turns into the wall with the gas on full til it gets to about 60km/hr then goes again it ruins the game in the fgt series.

so does this similar one on nurburgring this time i've only noticed it with the FGT they just run off the road and do a skidd then they just go again and drive into the wall then another ai car hits it and they both go again.

also in the FGT series on laguna seca they overdo the turn and spin out just after the corkscrew.

stupid dumb ai and bob but i get a good laugh about it though

post your best/most funny experiences with ai cars crashing here, pics if necesary as long as they're not too large unless they're thumbnails cause it takes years on my dialup internet connection with all these pictures

I know what you mean :lol: One a.i crash i can remember was on the twin ring motegi, when one of the car just randomly spun off near the end of one of the straights! I looked at it on the replay and it looked as though he just put on his handbrake :odd: pretty funny to watch though as you race past them whilst they dig themselves out of the sand!

Or dig themselves in as i saw once, I forget which track, but the AI did the old pirouette manouver and ended up in the sand, facing the wall, and just sat there, lap after lap, apparently trying to either climb the wall, or push it over! :dunce:

Tom_IW_Racer
I know what you mean :lol: One a.i crash i can remember was on the twin ring motegi, when one of the car just randomly spun off near the end of one of the straights! I looked at it on the replay and it looked as though he just put on his handbrake :odd: pretty funny to watch though as you race past them whilst they dig themselves out of the sand!

yeah i just b spec it and as soon as i see something i quickly put it to them and watch them crash it's hillarious:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

French Championship (I'm not going to murder the actual spelling, let alone try to pronounce it) at La Sarthe; I'm in the Hommel, starting off in last place. The Renault R5 Turbo is in front of me, and all heck breaks loose up front.

A Megane hits the dirt, spins, takes out the 2nd-place car, which bumps the other Hommel and they all go spinning off into that huge sand trap before the first S-bend. I caught that red R5 very easily into the said S-bend, and had the race sewn up surprisingly early!

i reckon this thread could be a bit better wit pictures

i stuffed up on the last corner ( forgot to brake a bit ) and it done the swaping thing then the A.I hit me

to fast around a corner

one time i did a track meet at the driving park track that looks most like a track and i was in my gto and i would watch ruf yellow bird & ctr, cobras (both normal and european), and i would just sit at the beginning of the last turn and watch them spin out and sometimes they would spin out and go into the pits lol it was funny.... the last car was a bmw m3 if i remeber correctly:sly:

aw man....going backwards in an F1 car at superspeed way is soooo fun!!! the cars just go so fast and are so light

yeah it is kind of stupid but i still call it funny and in the fgt series i just get so ****ed and p***ed off:mad:

[lol]i was just stuffing around on the test course and i just kept sitting on the side of the road near the pits and everytime a car comes i just hit him on the side and he goes flying thru the pits[/lol]

[lol]in the same one when the cizeta v16 tried to pit in it hit the wall and i just made it miss it and it ran out of fuel halfway thru:lol:[/lol]

I tail this Toyota GT-One in his slipstream with me Nissan downhill at La Sarthe right before the first chicane.
Almost as I do a slingshot past him, he spins like wild and whacks me broadside.(Too close tailing and ruining his downforce ?) :embarrassed:dd

We both go ramming into the wall. This glitch belonged to GT3 as well, as I try to reverse in near panic so I can rejoin the track and the pack, my Nissan starts spinning around like mad. I was 3rd and I ended up 5th (Toyota GTOne 6th) which I could enhance to the 3rd place up the end of the race...

I already posted this one in the other thread, but hey, it's kinda funny:

I'm sure the AI is planning to kill me. :nervous:
I was driving one of the rallies on Citta di Aria in a Nissan R92CP (I don't like the rallies, this way they're over quickly) against an Impreza Rally Car.
At some point I made a minor steering error at hgh speed, which caused my Nissan to spin and get stuck between two walls. Since the track at that point was very narrow it took me some time to get my car out of that position.
At the moment I got my car almost free, the screen shook like it had never done before. The impreza had crashed into me at high speed, forcing my car back in it's old position, stuck between two walls.
The Nissan blocked the complete track at that point, which was not something the AI could compute. Instead of waiting for me to get my car free, the Ipreza kept pushing my Nissan, making angry engine noises. The pushing didn't help the situation at all. It took quite some time before we were racing again!

i forgot to say it can be about what you made the ai do aswell [eg, pushed it into the wall]

i can now put photos on my pc:)

i was stuffing around at the test course making the ford gt pit in

i'll edit this post later i have to go now
i was going to do this last night but the power went out and it got disconnected from the internet and i couldn't connect again and i lost all i done on this post

edit: sorry i thought it didn't load so i pushed reply agaiin can a moderator please delete this post?:bowdown:

i forgot to say it can be about what you made the ai do aswell [eg, pushed it into the wall]

i can now put photos on my pc:)

i was stuffing around at the test course making the ford gt pit in

i'll edit this post later i have to go now
i was going to do this last night but the power went out and it got disconnected from the internet and i couldn't connect again and i lost all i done on this post

edit: ****ing hell it won't let me put my images up at imageshack the icon won't appear at the edit post page

On La Sarthe when racing against supercars all off the ai (exept NSX LM) drive into the sandpit

One time on Sarthe II in arcade mode with Formula GTs, RSH's for everyone, one lucky man decides to spin out after drafting another FGT, and well, i think you can fill in the blanks. :lol:

Oh, and I personally created this lovely sight on Trial Mountain (not edited in any way).

:lol:

once i get a maxdrive i'll put up my saved replays

some more:

i made the cobra pit in

the fgt decided to spin out then another one [i think it was bob and my black fgt] bumped into it and did a mini jump[pic 5]

another fgt off road excursion the fgt goes back on the track and in pic 4 gets hit by the red one and they both go spiralling off the track with the silver one missng the accident by millimetres. [accident? looks like the fgt just purposey turned into a wall:lol:] then in pic 5 the other two have just crashed while the silver one goes through the middle

two fgts just turn into the wall on sarthe i and sit there til they get down to 30 km/hr. in pic 3 and 4 the red fgt starts while the silver one is going

:rolleyes:the fgts are at it again what can i say just like the two at nurburgring but with the orange one. In pic 4 the fgt ended up backwards:rolleyes:

i have got more, can't be bothred now probably tomorrow

next time:
ford gt spinning out on test course
shelby cobra spinning out on test course

On grand valley first turn all the AI brake to late and go into the far end of the sandpit

Ithiele - None off your crash pictures are funny (no offence) only mental replay crashes are funny

samj_13
One time on Sarthe II in arcade mode with Formula GTs, RSH's for everyone, one lucky man decides to spin out after drafting another FGT, and well, i think you can fill in the blanks. :lol:

Oh, and I personally created this lovely sight on Trial Mountain (not edited in any way).

:lol:

This is beautiful. Do I even want to know how you managed this?

superfast
This is beautiful. Do I even want to know how you managed this?

Well, I got really bored one fine day, and I decided to just let the other cars get a lead. I tried to catch up, failed, and turned around. That's when I hit a nice 787B at about, oh...170 mph? and I got maybe 20 feet of air from that. I also had a similar experience with a Ram and an Odyssey, but thats for another day ;)

samj_13
Well, I got really bored one fine day, and I decided to just let the other cars get a lead. I tried to catch up, failed, and turned around. That's when I hit a nice 787B at about, oh...170 mph? and I got maybe 20 feet of air from that. I also had a similar experience with a Ram and an Odyssey, but thats for another day ;)

oh i remember in gt3 when i was qualifying for the formula gt championship at seattle ii so i wnet backwards and down those jumps i hit the ai head on and they went flying backwards they must've gone 50metres in the air:lol:

lthiele
oh i remember in gt3 when i was qualifying for the formula gt championship at seattle ii so i wnet backwards and down those jumps i hit the ai head on and they went flying backwards they must've gone 50metres in the air:lol:

Nice! :)

I don't really find the crashes funny, I find how Polyphony Digital programed them to do it funny, 5 supercars don't crash on Porsche Corner on La Sarthe by themselves.

I was racing in the Grand Valley 300KM in my M3 GTR Race Car when on lap 30 or so, a JGTC NSX (don't remember the model), spun on the straight just before the horrid hairpin. I was drowsy and didn't notice him and BAM, right into the driver's side.
Watching the replay I later found out that he did not have any other cars near him, he just spun. Quite strange behavior!

my funniest AI moment was in the Polyphony digital cup. I was circulating about a lap ahead of the pack at that Kashiwa circuit at the driving park. I was coming up behind an STi and another car (i've forgotten which) who were effectively a lap down. Anyway, in the HUGE sweeper coming on to the straight, mr STi always went barrelling into the sand, rejoining just in time to be heavily T-boned by the next car. This happened about 7 times out of 10 laps I followed the two. HILARIOUS (untill me not getting passed resulted in the 2nd placed merc catcing me.)

Heres something people should try,

Select the Polyphony F1 in arcade mode, set the A.I difficulty to 10 then go to the test track. For some reason when the A.I's are drafting each other some of them will just swerve into the wall on the right hand side, sending themselves well up into the air. It's great fun to watch the replays.

Im going to try some of those other examples posted eariler soon. Lol the A.I's can be so stupid sometimes.

Does anyone remember the stupid Cobra winding up each and every time in the sandpit at the first hard left of Laguna Seca at GT3 ? It blasted away from start each an every time and went straight into the sand. And when it did not do that, it definitely spun around and went out of the lineup at the corkscrew...

Back