Stupid AI Moments

• Thread starter Thiele
  • 124 comments
Here's one of the Artificial Idiots holding an inpromptu meeting during a running of the New York 200.

:lol:👍

That's a great pic! I especially like the way you captured the AI all buring their excessive air fuel mixture from letting off the gass... an excellent example of how for some of the cars on some of the corners the AI simply brake too late. 👎

Here's another funny AI stunt: go to Infineon ST, get into a car which will go against some kind of muscle car (I used the Proto Spirra), and race. When you get to the long esses, the muscle cars will usually turn to wide, go into the grass, turn hard right to get back on the course, get back on the course, but then since they're too far to the right they then slide over into the sand. It's really funny. They do it every lap, too. Sometimes they hit you on the way out of the grass and force YOU into the sand. :(

And next, I'd say this is the Artificial Idiots at their best: do b-spec on the Nurburgring with a fully tuned Chaparral 2J and watch the AI crash and spin on nearly every turn once the tires start wearing!

One final thing that doesn't quite have to do with crashing: have you ever seen the computers shift in the VW Beetle 1100 Standard? Try it! Go against one, then go to the replay and select their car, show the display, and hit x for the in car view. Be prepared for some stupid shifting!

i think funny stuff done by the AI can be achieved by using Gameshark codes or other offical hackwares like Codebreakers and Action Replay.

I've done the New York Enduro, with i believe 16x multipler accelerator, 3 cars managed to eventually hit the far sharp hairpin and stay there accedlrating at the wall. Some of them eventually ran out of gas. Soon a viper made it around that corner and drove up the long straight ( not the longest one), but becasue they register braking at a certain point, and because the code made the viper go super fast, it didnt brake and rammed into the wall, clip error and wen through the barrier like 3/4 way, and it pretty much stopped, nothing, no accel, no brake. Ah Good Times..

I'd post pics up but then i don't knoiw how you guys take photos during a replay, how is it done?

Save the replay, then on the main career mode screen find the replay theater, go in there. Play the saved replay and it'll be like you're on a photodrive.👍

:lol:👍

That's a great pic! I especially like the way you captured the AI all buring their excessive air fuel mixture from letting off the gass... an excellent example of how for some of the cars on some of the corners the AI simply brake too late. 👎

I like the way it shows all the stages of the ritual... the corvette in the top right corner is near the end of its homage and is just pulling away up the road. The TVR and Viper are mid-accident, and the Elise is at the beginning of its adventure. It's like watching people queuing for a popular theme park ride, then screaming on the way down, but different. :dopey:

I had a terrific stupid AI moment some months ago. Bob was going with a Minolta round the Beginner's Course and on the corner before the straight lost control and entered the pits by mistake. Then a crazy glitch followed....
I'll have a video soon.

I like the way it shows all the stages of the ritual... the corvette in the top right corner is near the end of its homage and is just pulling away up the road. The TVR and Viper are mid-accident, and the Elise is at the beginning of its adventure. It's like watching people queuing for a popular theme park ride, then screaming on the way down, but different. :dopey:
So true, and a great analogy! :lol:👍

I had a terrific stupid AI moment some months ago. Bob was going with a Minolta round the Beginner's Course and on the corner before the straight lost control and entered the pits by mistake. Then a crazy glitch followed....
I'll have a video soon.

Something similar to that happens in the Honda Type R Meeting manufacturers' race on Motorland Reverse. The Civics in that race make two or three pit stops each, in a 10-lap race. This happens in a few other races on Motorland Reverse, but not to the extent it does in Type R Meeting. Pretty funny to watch.

Yeah I saw that happen in a race at Motorland too! Unfortunately I can't put it down to a stupid AI moment because I was the driver who accidentally pitted :dunce:

It was a long time ago so the memory is a little foggy, but I think my unscheduled pitstop was either a) caused by contact with an AI car while I was making an optimistic overtaking attempt or b) industrial strength understeer caused by a more than optimistic cornering speed

The video finally uploaded. Here is what happened to me.

[Crappy video sorry]

:crazy: :crazy:

This is actually a glitch, but was caused by a stupid AI moment, this is why I posted it here.

Sweet! :) This thread's back. :)

That's my thread! I posted it this morning

Right, and i said that 9 months ago...:dunce:

One final thing that doesn't quite have to do with crashing: have you ever seen the computers shift in the VW Beetle 1100 Standard? Try it! Go against one, then go to the replay and select their car, show the display, and hit x for the in car view. Be prepared for some stupid shifting!

I noticed that a while ago, it just keeps going from gear 2 to 3 and back several times. :rolleyes:

Yeah I saw that happen in a race at Motorland too! Unfortunately I can't put it down to a stupid AI moment because I was the driver who accidentally pitted

If you were B-Spec, then you were AI.

The video finally uploaded. Here is what happened to me.

[Crappy video sorry]

This is actually a glitch, but was caused by a stupid AI moment, this is why I posted it here.

How the hell!? :confused: :lol:

How the hell!? :confused: :lol:

I had the same question while I was watching the Minolta digging the Earth :lol:

And two more AI stupid acts; (I don't think they are mentioned)
In Nurburgring at the beginning of every race the AI (even Bob) touches the fence on the last corner before the straight.
In Clubman Stage Route 5 when starting a free run the car touches the wall on the right.;)

I remember doing the Le Mans 24-Hour on B-Spec about a year ago.

The winning car completed 43 laps.

Everyone kept spinning out just before Indianapolis and proceeded to drive back and forth over about twenty metres for the remaining 22 or so hours of the race. Somehow my car managed to get up onto the track and procceded to trundle around at 80km/h for the rest of the race; B-Spec Bob (standing in for the far-superior B-Spec Bella) had used up all his fuel trying to get out of the kitty litter on the outside of the corner and then decided he wouldn't pit at all.

Also worthy of a note is the Italian races in the European Hall. It doesn't matter which car you're using on which circuit, the drivers have a very difficult time remaining on the tarmac (especially on Autumn Ring). I'm not entirely sure if this is a glitch, however, as most Italians I know drive like this.

In Formula GT if you're able to push another formula car into the sand right before turn #3 on lap #10 before they pit the other car will be stuck there for a good 1-2min. It's not that great of a AI stupid moment but it always makes me chuckle in the replay when I can get 1-2 cars stuck during the course of the race.

I was just doing a race at sears point (stock car course, though i assume it would be the same on the full layout), and i was following an ai Audi R8, the ai takes the massive raised curbs like they are flat, the result is the ai doing a lot of the lap on two wheels.

I was letting my "B" driver (Popeye) run the Polyphony Formula GT championship series at the N'ring when i had noticed one of the other competitors was really off the pace. As Popeye advanced upon him, I realized the other driver was going no faster than 90 Mph!, he'd slow down to 50 or so then scoot up to 130 and back down to 50. Popeye rams hims and spins him off the track and goes on his merry way to win this race (Popeye had a 32 sec lead over 2nd) Using the race director screen i monitor the slowpokes progress and watch him take out 2 other AI drivers with his slow driving antics. Cannot figure out their intelligence.

jim

I accidentally touched the AI driver on Costa Di Amalfi race, near the two crazy-tight haripins, and it got stuck in a fashion similar to too-tight paralell parking. He stayed there until I knocked him out of his predicament the next time I came around.

I was letting my "B" driver (Popeye) run the Polyphony Formula GT championship series at the N'ring when i had noticed one of the other competitors was really off the pace. As Popeye advanced upon him, I realized the other driver was going no faster than 90 Mph!, he'd slow down to 50 or so then scoot up to 130 and back down to 50. Popeye rams hims and spins him off the track and goes on his merry way to win this race (Popeye had a 32 sec lead over 2nd) Using the race director screen i monitor the slowpokes progress and watch him take out 2 other AI drivers with his slow driving antics. Cannot figure out their intelligence.

jim
A lot of the AI cars go slowly in that race because the FGT is very difficult to control on the 'Ring.

A lot of the AI cars go slowly in that race because the FGT is very difficult to control on the 'Ring.

Also, they last just over 1 and a bit laps on their tyres at the 'Ring, so perhaps its some desperate tyre saving technique? :crazy:

Stupid AI Moments huh? Hmm... let me think. Oh yeah, one time, in the MR races, every AI understeered off the road and onto the grass on the first corner at Autumn Ring. Also the cars in the Italian Festival immitate this. Very comical.

I was racing a race against high end super cars like the VW Nardo, SLR McLaren, Cadillac CIEN, all those guys at De La Sarthe 2 (without chicanes). At the hairpin down the end of the straight not one of them broke early enough and they all ended up in the wall behind the kitty litter. It was funny watching them all clammer back on to the track.

*Bump*

I was doing B-spec on the ring with i can't remember which car but it slowed down in the middle of the track. It was doing between 70 and 120kmph for the rest of the race.

In a separate incident, I was B-spec'ing the Test Course with the Cizeta V16 when it tried to pit in, but it missed the pits, hitting the wall. It just kept reversing back and forward for the rest of the race. I eventually quit when i was last and still there.

Racing at Motegi Speedway in the GTWC when the AI decides to pit and watching them not brake and go into the pit wall at high speed is pretty funny, then they spin out and get hit by the car behind them. Seen that too many times!!

In the Capri special condions race (the money farm!) reverse, I got into a scrape with the AI car on the first hairpin turn. For the rest of the race, he was turned sideways going back and forth into the side walls. :lol:

Back