Stupid AI Moments

• Thread starter Thiele
  • 124 comments
i ended up skipping the race,won the championship, then came back to the same race with a fully tuned 300sl (against an ac 427) and barely won. i b-speces the later half of the race and won by a half a miniute.

bob had s2 in the fron and s1 in the back. i had s3's all around.

I didn't know where to post as there are a few AI threads, but this one seems good enough.

What I don't understand is PD know how fast corners should be driven at by the License tests, you have to be pretty damn fast and near perfect to do most of those. They even show cars going quick to complete them in the demos.

So why do they not program the AI at those speeds in the racing? The AI seem to be ok in a straight line and not too bad actually in the corners, but they brake horrendously early all the time making everything far too easy.

It's true. They brake so early and cautiously like they are on economy tires.
When you raise the difficulty in the Family Cup all it does is bring more powerfull cars to the grid. I'd like to race my Fiat 500F with similar underpowered cars dammit!

I'm currently in the middle of 24h nurb, and every time the chapparal tries to enter the pit, he crashed into the wall and spent the next minute trying to get back on the road... It also spun out trying to overtake the abt ttr and crashed all over the place and spent another minute on its reverse gear trying to get back on the road(me crashing into him at 150mph didn't help either)

Latest Posts

Back