Stupid AI Moments

• Thread starter Thiele
  • 124 comments
Racing at Daytona was 10th coming into the last lap aiming for a 5th place finish when to my amazement they part like the red sea as at least 5 cars maybe 6 cars have excursions into the gravel, it was pretty damn funny and to top things off that gifted me an "impossible" win.

On GT5P Sorry

Hi. I have this very annoying AI crash in Le Sarthe (however you spell it) I go out onto the track. I go on the massive straight. (bear in mind this is the 2nd track) and i get to the part where I need to break, and I get a car like the TVR Cebra Speed Twelve hit me and so do all the other cars, and we all end up in the sand trap at the end. I find this very irritating as I try to have a good race and then they all just crash and make it too easy.

Hi. I have this very annoying AI crash in Le Sarthe (however you spell it) I go out onto the track. I go on the massive straight. (bear in mind this is the 2nd track) and i get to the part where I need to break, and I get a car like the TVR Cebra Speed Twelve hit me and so do all the other cars, and we all end up in the sand trap at the end. I find this very irritating as I try to have a good race and then they all just crash and make it too easy.

Yeah that happens to me aswell, it's quite annoying.

My other problem with b-spec is that whenever i'm going to overtake, he just slows down and sits behind them, even on an open straight, it really pisses me off.

Edit: This thread is 2 years old :eek:

That post was from 2006. Do you have better things to do than look for posts that are off topic? That's what moderators are for.

Back on topic...

One time during a track meet in my Ford GT, all the AI weren't braking quick enough at the end of the long straight and they always went in to the sand. Well I was nearing the end of the straight at 200+ mph right next to another GT and I came a little too close and we hit each other. Nothing happens to him, but I'm just sent flying everywere like crazy. But once all 4 wheels were back on the ground the car was pointed backwards so I floored it in reverse and then did a quick 180degree turnaround and I saved it. But I was on one of the acces roads and I started going back to the track. Right when I get back on the track a Ruf slams me in my right side and I go straight back to the wall.

I have pics. in my USB (or atleast I think I do) but I dont have it with me right now.

The AI in the GTR Slipstream race will clip you and make it look intentional.

What REALLY annoys me is when I'm at New York the AI will crash into the rails on almost every 90 degree turn, causing me to barrel into them. That puts them back on track and gives me a 5 second penalty while they get nothing but a nudge back on the track. And in a race car, 5 seconds is too long.

They also shunt me at 200+ mph on the long straight at La Sarthe right after the small right giving me just enough room to slide all the way to the end of the dirt.

I am mad at b-spec tool now.I am doing 8hr enduro.He came to pit but ran into a sandpit.Instead of getting out and driving into the pit he stayed in and kept crashing into the wall!:dunce:He lost a 4lap lead to!:grumpy:.B-Spec tool is more stupid then I thought....

I once heard a story from one of my friends about how he was cheated on the last lap of one of the 4h endurance races. He had worn tires, and the AI managed to catch up. On the straight, the AI ignored his presence (as usual), clipped him in his rear quarter, and spun him. He pounded his controller into a concrete wall and shattered it.

I once heard a story from one of my friends about how he was cheated on the last lap of one of the 4h endurance races. He had worn tires, and the AI managed to catch up. On the straight, the AI ignored his presence (as usual), clipped him in his rear quarter, and spun him. He pounded his controller into a concrete wall and shattered it.

This happened to me once while I was attempting a race a while back. I was in an LM Ford GT with blazing red tires. While everyone else pit on the last lap I was in 4th and said to myself "pshhh. I don't have to pit." So I passed everyone and came out right in front of the past leader. Comig out of the last tght corner(at Seattle) the 2nd place car dive-bombed the corner and ran right in the back of me and sent me tail spinning. Naturally I countersteered and slammed the gas, but that only works on fresh tires:ouch:. So I spun out and finished 3rd.:grumpy:

Oh god!He missed the pit in the LeMans 24race 1 and only has 1 unit of fuel!Missed it again!:grumpy:
Edit:EPIC FAIL!Running out of gas on the straight.

I found 2 little oddities:

1) In the Autumn Ring Reverse race in GT All-Stars, at least some of the AI (usually the LMP1 or equivalent) takes one of the turns a bit too hot, and goes in the grass. Fun to watch when 2 or 3 go off at once.

2) In almost every Opera Paris Normal race, that in the first corner you go through (before the race itself starts), every car will hit the outside wall-except for you. :confused:

i've had several problems that are hilarious. one was not long ago, i was on Swiss Alps with my Dodge Ram, and the old Lancer 1600 GSR rally car just took a jump and spun out IN MIDAIR. another was when i was on La Sarthe, and i saw the Tickford(Ford Falcon XR8) near the end of the track continuously backing up and slamming the wall, over and over, until i hit him, and then he turned on my Chaparral 2J, and piledrived me into a wall(even glitched me through it a bit.).

This one time i was training my b-spec guy. i went to the vw bug one make race in one of those old vw beetles. everyone else had a new beetle cup car. My b-spec guy got wasted.

Then on the track i notice another AI was lagging behind and then stopped. i switched to his view, and he just couldnt seem to get back in the right direction. he was like pushing against the wall. then backs up, and starts going the right direction, then jsut turns right back into another wall.

Heres something people should try,

Select the Polyphony F1 in arcade mode, set the A.I difficulty to 10 then go to the test track. For some reason when the A.I's are drafting each other some of them will just swerve into the wall on the right hand side, sending themselves well up into the air. It's great fun to watch the replays.

Im going to try some of those other examples posted eariler soon. Lol the A.I's can be so stupid sometimes.

How did you use the polyphony f1 in the arcade mode if it isn't even in the arcade mode?

You have to unlock it first. Many (most?) cars aren't available in arcade mode until you win them or buy them in GT mode. You win the FGT from Nurburgring 24 hours.

No, you just expect it to have more grip because you tried to put stickier tires on it. If you look at the replay, you can see that no matter what tires you select, you're actually driving on racing mediums, as though they only programmed the car to drive on a single grade of tire. It's not a bug per se, just a goof by PD allowing you to think you're choosing different tires when it makes no difference.

On topic, I know it's been mentioned before, but in the 1000 Miles! race at Sarthe II, the Ginetta G4 will drive pretty well for about the first quarter of the race, then spend the entire rest of the race braking far too late for every single corner and careening into the sandtraps/walls. It's quite amusing.

I was in the Real Circuits race in Nurburgring, The AI didn't pit after the first lap. the other 5 cars kept spinning out the whole 2nd lap. These were the final times 1st and 2nd place:
1.(me) Minolta 88C-V 12:46.846
2. Nissan R92CP 14:08.233

yeah....first...the "bob" can't be set to speed "5" in endurance or else u will see him overshooting every corner...especially on the "nurbunging"...[normally i just set to speed "2"....

*and mostly if the tyre worn out in the nurbunging...most of the AI just missed the pit-lane entry and trying to jump over the pi-fance to do their scheduled pit...and waste their time for the entire race....good 4 my "bob"......

#and normally if the bob drive in high speed trakc like test-course...when drafting and to overtake the car in front he will just nugde the rear bumper and makes him unable to pass the opponent car...(maybe he need more overtaking training@licences) :lol:

I love letting the back tyres wear out at Nurbunging, and watching Bob try and control the drift around the corners...
Especially after the 300km+ back straight!

Bob the idiot can't even drive my MINOLTA Toyota around Super Speedway in the endurance race . Nearly every lap he decides to turn right instead of left at the end of the straight and ALWAYS crashes into the wall. :)

^Yeah, A-Spec that one no matter what, it takes less than an hour.

My stupid AI moment:

Practicing for the latest GTPLMS race I was trying to pass the Sauber in the third S-curve at Suzuka and he came down on me and I spun the second I hit the grass.

That's "standard" AI stupidity, though. This thread is about the more unexpected and spectacular moments. However, I also have a couple things from the same event and track as you. All the AI cars move into the middle-outside of the track after the hairpin at Suzuka and will move you right off the track if you're trying to pass on the outside, even though they don't even actually need to move from the far inside. Also, in a race there, the BMW McLaren F1 GTR stays out a lap too long on its tires, and it once spun out at Casio and repeatedly reversed away from and drove back into the tire barriers there. I had only ever seen such behavior at La Sarthe, but Artificial Idiocy must be universal.

Once i was b-specing the sarthe race on the 1000 miles event. i had a fully tuned shelby cobra (i dont know why), and at some point in the race, he crashed during the straight after the mulsanne. he stayed there for 35 hours.

Back