Subaru Impreza Super Lap

• Thread starter yannagas
  • 219 comments
Subaru1_zps11a5f9f8.jpg

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/resources/subaru-impreza-sport-wagon-wrx-sti-version-vi-99.44/

Tune for the Subaru Impreza Sport Wagon WRX STi Version VI '99. Current time is 1'16.775 with room for improvement. I'm going to tune the Subaru Impreza Coupe 22B-STi Version '98 next to see how that one does. Good luck everyone.
:cheers:

Please be sure to "Rate This Resource" on the link above, any and all feedback is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Last edited:
1:16.888@8th with Priano tune
His tunes are usually great but this one has me flying all over the place. It just floats like a butterfly on three corners, going too fast obviously. Gotta admit it is fast but I need to add some downforce or adjust the braking somehow. It's also the driver..ahem. I bought a wagon, the '98 and I can get almost the same (terrible) time with it almost stock so maybe I'll tune it instead. It's a challenge but a good one.

I don't know how to respond to two posts but someone mentioned the shadows. Yes, totally agree. Matterhorn and Panorama are the worst I think.

Got a quick one this time. Had to slow it down, pulling 260 km/h at the end of the big downhill was a bad thing :lol:
Impreza WRX STI '07 Seasonal 500 PP :cheers:

If you're using this tune, do the tranny backwards to what is printed there. In other words, adjust the top speed first then the final drive. The tune reads the opposite but that doesn't work. Good tune but, for me anyway, Praiano's works a bit better.

Subaru2_zpsf0227dff.jpg

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/resources/subaru-impreza-coupe-22b-sti-version-98.46/

Tune for the Subaru Impreza Coupe 22B-STi Version '98. Current time with this car is 1'16.653, with time still left out there. I tuned this car just as an alternate for people to use in case they didn't want to use the Sport Wagon. Having driven both of these cars now for pretty much the same amount of time, it is my opinion that one doesn't really have an advantage over the other one as far as overall performance goes. Both cars are more than capable of achieving top times, it really comes down to driver preference in my opinion. Thanks for checking out my tune and don't forget to "Rate This Resource" in the link above. Any and all feedback is greatly appreciated. Thank you and good luck everyone. :cheers:

If you're using this tune, do the tranny backwards to what is printed there. In other words, adjust the top speed first then the final drive. The tune reads the opposite but that doesn't work. Good tune but, for me anyway, Praiano's works a bit better.
Odd that you had set the tranny up that way. The way it's printed is the way I tune it in game. The transmission is the last thing I set up to make sure the gear ratios and engine match up with out problems.
Glade to hear you liked the tune, praiano is a hard guy to match up to in terms of tunes not surprised his is better for the 22B, I have a 99 coupe tune that I'm going to post here later it's faster on the straitsand about the same in the corners

Last edited:
Just ran 1:16.489 (53rd) in the WRX STi Version III '96

Engine stage 3, Sports computer, racing exhaust, all weight reductions,

Ballast 92kg@50

Suspension
135 125
4.05 3.62
3 3
4 4
4 5
0 0
-0.02 0.02

Racing brakes 3, 5

LSD
5 10
35 55
5 10

Torque Distribution 40F 60R

Gears
Final 3.423

ok here is one for my fellow slow peeps it will get 1:18+ easy
wrx sti spec C '09 500pp 353bhp 1230kg weight53:47 torque 50kg
parts needed:
sports hard,sports exhaust,high turbo,twin clutch,carbon shaft,centre diff,weight stg 3+bonnet,now this is optional front aero + rear wing don't need it but will help some.
susp: 130/130, 4.72/4.23, 3/6, 6/3, 3/3 0.0/0.0, -0.15/-0.11 brakes:6/8
power: 95.3%
lsd:
5/5, 24/24, 5/5 centre diff 50:50
ballast: 32@50 now downforce is up to you whether you have it or not 5 to 20 or 0
trans: final gear all way right max speed all way left
1st 2965, 2nd 2333, 3rd 1901, 4th 1563, 5th 1303, 6th 1111 final gear 3830 can change
now this is not a fast tune its just there to help the struggling so have fun

i had a roll on that second downhill bit it was fun watching it spin about 8 times on its nose,but i forgot to save the replay damn
Hi Lisanorm, thanks for the tune. I struggled big time to get Gold on this TT.
Eventually managed to get it with your tune (whew).
I couldn't come to grips with this track (literally).
Anyway got GOLD at last and can move on and stop torturing myself.
Thanks for all the tunes and tips guys, much appreciated.

Hi Lisanorm, thanks for the tune. I struggled big time to get Gold on this TT.
Eventually managed to get it with your tune (whew).
I couldn't come to grips with this track (literally).
Anyway got GOLD at last and can move on and stop torturing myself.
Thanks for all the tunes and tips guys, much appreciated.

thanx,glad it helped you out,its not the fastest tune/car out there but i had fun with it,was more to help people get the gold.....yes does take a bit to get used to this track but once you find the right groove it is fun,i might try the wagon later on and the 22b and use praiano's tune and use the right settings,anyways :cheers:

Will any of the allowed cars reqiuire detuning after oil change in order to qualify? I like to start stock, so I'm inclined to chhoe the S206 as I don't already have an Impreza and it isn't a car I would normally use.

Odd that you had set the tranny up that way. The way it's printed is the way I tune it in game. The transmission is the last thing I set up to make sure the gear ratios and engine match up with out problems.
Glade to hear you liked the tune, praiano is a hard guy to match up to in terms of tunes not surprised his is better for the 22B, I have a 99 coupe tune that I'm going to post here later it's faster on the straitsand about the same in the corners
All I meant was you have to reverse the two steps. If you set the final drive first then the top speed, the numbers don't match. Some new players might not know that and would spend some time trying to get the numbers to match. Praiano outlines the steps in the right order. I tried the setup and couldn't get the numbers to match then reversed the two settings at the start and the numbers matched exactly. I think most people could figure it out but maybe not new players. (Don't forget that you can reset the tranny to default settings by choosing the std. transmission then the variable one. Once you do that, the settings are all back to default. Can't do that with cars that come with the variable tranny, unfortunately.)
I'll look for your tune and give it shot. Thanks!

@TexRex none of the STi's well be over PP after an oil change. All have tuning room.

@waddy2001 hmm thank you for the heads up, maybe that's why it felt off when I was testing it, I set the tranny up backwards. I'll look into it later see what I need to do to get the right trans on the car, I'll edit the post till I can repair it.

Has anyone been able to do this with the 05 STI?
I did a 1:19.236 with the '05 STI. That's the best time for me of all the different models I've tried. (DS3 user) Managed a 19.250 with the S206 and several 19.3's with the Spec C '07 and '09.
336HP
1153kg
98/100 rh
4.77/5.25 spr rate
5/3
5/3
4/4
0/0 camber
-.09/-.08 toe
6/5 brakes
tranny flipped at 3.960
9/10 differential
25/30
5/9
40/60 torque split
sports computer
high rpm turbo
99.7 power limiter
stage 3 weight reduction
20 downforce

Just ran the '04 Spec C with nearly identical setup (no downforce) 1:19.234

Last edited:
Wow !!
How the hell you guys manage to achieve times like 1:15:xxx or 1:16:xxx?!?

Anyway, I guess this is a confirmation of my poor driving and tuning skills. :lol:

Well, after many attempts in which I could barely get the silver trophy (among many red laps), there were still 5 seconds to save to get the gold, so I decided to try one of your tunes...
I did it with praiano63's IMPREZA Coupe 22B- STi Version '98, however after changing his brake settings (I used: Front 7 and Rear 5). And Allelluiah, I did it after a couple of attempts, with a ridiculous time of 1.20:5xx (don't remember exactly).

Then I quitted immediately, since Matterhorn is one of my most hated tracks.:lol:

Well, thank you guys for sharing your tunes. Usually I do it on my own, but this time I had to use your experience...

Last edited by a moderator:
Just did a few laps with the sedan WRX STI 99, after using the 22b last night. Went from 1:17.346 to 1:16. 616 in a few laps. Although I am probably near my limit.

1:16.437 with the wagon version, probably the same, perhaps the wagon feels a bit more stable.

Last edited:
Wow !!
How the hell you guys manage to achieve times like 1:15:xxx or 1:16:xxx?!?

Anyway, I guess this is a confirmation of my poor driving and tuning skills. :lol:

Well, after many attempts in which I could barely get the silver trophy (among many red laps), there were still 5 seconds to save to get the gold, so I decided to try one of your tunes...
I did it with praiano63's IMPREZA Coupe 22B- STi Version '98, however after changing his brake settings (I used: Front 7 and Rear 5). And Allelluiah, I did it after a couple of attempts, with a ridiculous time of 1.20:5xx (don't remember exactly).

Then I quitted immediately, since Matterhorn is one of my most hated tracks.:lol:

Well, thank you guys for sharing your tunes. Usually I do it on my own, but this time I had to use your experience...

To make yourself better PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE then when your fed up with that PRACTICE some more.
Another thing to do is use the same tuner, one that suits your style, for most of your racing and you get used to how they tune. One other thing to do is always add as many fast drivers to your friends list as you can gives you something to compete against.
Golds will start to come quickly until you get to a certain point then improvement will come at a slower rate.
I started this on gt5 and was very slow just getting golds etc (1 year ago) now i am faster and improving every week.
I can normaly get gold in ten minutes or so of trying.
The hardest thing you have to do is find a tuner who suits your style i recommend :bowdown: GTP_CargoRatt
suits my style perfectly.
Stewy :cheers: :gtpflag:

Last edited:
I did a 1:19.236 with the '05 STI. That's the best time for me of all the different models I've tried. (DS3 user) Managed a 19.250 with the S206 and several 19.3's with the Spec C '07 and '09.
336HP
1153kg
98/100 rh
4.77/5.25 spr rate
5/3
5/3
4/4
0/0 camber
-.09/-.08 toe
6/5 brakes
tranny flipped at 3.960
9/10 differential
25/30
5/9
40/60 torque split
sports computer
high rpm turbo
99.7 power limiter
stage 3 weight reduction
20 downforce

Just ran the '04 Spec C with nearly identical setup (no downforce) 1:19.234
Hi, I am nkf_nkf. I am using praiano63's tune with a few tweeks and am doing 1:17.4's. The 22b seems to be the way to go, however the tune was posted a while ago and is not set up for this track. brake and suspension adjustments need to be made. I also use the ds3 stick.

To make yourself better PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE then when your fed up with that PRACTICE some more.
Another thing to do is use the same tuner, one that suits your style, for most of your racing and you get used to how they tune. One other thing to do is always add as many fast drivers to your friends list as you can gives you something to compete against.
Golds will start to come quickly until you get to a certain point then improvement will come at a slower rate.
I started this on gt5 and was very slow just getting golds etc (1 year ago) now i am faster and improving every week.
I can normaly get gold in ten minutes or so of trying.
The hardest thing you have to do is find a tuner who suits your style i recommend :bowdown: GTP_CoargoRatt
suits my style perfectly.
Stewy :cheers: :gtpflag:

Well, well, well. FYI I started with the 1st GT on the PSOne... And played all other GTs since then.
So, I think that the "PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE and more PRACTICE" part is already done...;)
Which leads me to the conclusion that I'm a rather bad driver (and I am further disadvantaged since I just use a DS3 as I have no space to install a Wheel system).

Anyway, I guess the track and car combo did not suit my style. I hate that Matterhorn track.

On the other hand, I golded the BMW M1 event on my very first lap (however there is still much room for improvement, but I have very little time to play for the moment), and the Ferrari event took me just 4 or 5 laps to gold (but I quitted immediately, didn't like the car at all). So I guess my results and motivation depend on the car/track combo too.
On some Seasonals I managed to be in the top 3,000 and even higer (which I consider not too bad in view of my capabilities), but on some others just getting the gold is a pain in the 🤬...
And this one was the first which required me to depart from my rules and use other people's tunes, which is something I don't like much... I prefer to try by myself first, which gives me an idea of my real level.

Thank you all for sharing your tunes and experience.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back