No SRF Friends Group (link to list in OP)

If I'm not too late, I'd like to join the no-SRF list too. I use a 900º steering wheel + clutch + H-shifter (T500RS / TH8RS), aids off and ABS=0. Haven't been very active the last few weeks, but after reading that the clutch has been slightly improved in 1.05 I'm ready to check the new seasonals and try to catch your lines. Great job with this thread! 👍
PSN: SyriusDaimon

Cheers,
S.

@ ZuluWraith, please add my other PSN; GTP_JogoAsobi, 900° Wheel + TH8 RS to the list. :)
I'll also use my WRS PSN (^) for manual clutch runs if TT's corresponding real car has one.
My JogoAsobi PSN (already listed) will be used for paddles from now on. :D

Last edited:
@Syrius & RollinMcCrash: You've made the list guys! 👍

@SW__10: I've added your controller preference.

@Elitekilla29: Sorry to hear about your recent plight, it sounds to me like you need a new laser unit! Same thing happened to me last year & a couple of years before that 👎 - i'm on my 3rd laser at the moment! :scared:

Yea sometimes I regret getting the physical copy. I try to get it to load the other day and it was making a strange noise. So I just took it out and played some NASCAR 14 for a little while. I think the reason why gt6 won't load is because it got so much data and the ps3 has a hard time trying to read the disc.

Yea sometimes I regret getting the physical copy. I try to get it to load the other day and it was making a strange noise. So I just took it out and played some NASCAR 14 for a little while. I think the reason why gt6 won't load is because it got so much data and the ps3 has a hard time trying to read the disc.

I think you're right with regards to GT6 being data heavy, and the strange noises pretty much confirm it's your laser dyin'! :( They're easy enough to replace yourself - very much worth the effort 👍

Just a heads up!

Every time I go into the FXX TT my TC has been set back to 5.

Could just be an issue my end. I'm sure you would notice anyway!!

You might not after a few beers! lol!

Just a heads up!

I think its always been that way when the car is provided in-event, same for ABS 1.
They are reset every time you exit the event. I learned the hard way once. :sly:

Just a heads up!

It caught me as well. I thought I was doing better and then realized it was back on. I had to race my ghost that had TC on. Had to beat it to get gold!

Good job I check the driver aids before every new session!

I was lucky, I nearly didn't bother checking!

If I had beaten my current PB with TC on I'm not sure I would ever of beaten it! lol!

I think its always been that way when the car is provided in-event, same for ABS 1.
They are reset every time you exit the event. I learned the hard way once. :sly:

This. It's been that way since at least GT5. 👍 (Though I've also forgotten when having a few!) :cheers:

Yeah Jogo, really makes me wish there were a global setting for stuff like this. I hate having to compulsively check every time I run a time trial that the aids are set correctly.

Btw I have been stalking this thread and the only reason I haven't joined in is I already have too many blue lines blocking my view :lol:. But my PSN is Chauncimal so if any of you would like to add me I do enjoy having more competition. :cheers:

I'm not very quick, but I run with zero aids including ABS and usually aim for top 5000.

For anyone interested, the FITT tuning group is doing a tuning challenge for the BMW Concept 1 Series @ Madrid seasonal event. A week from now all submitted tunes will be posted and then after that testers will take each car for a spin over the next week. I bring this up because they'll all be non SRF tunes using only ABS:1. If your interested in submitting your own tune, partaking as a tester, or just looking for different tunes to try and lower your time you can find the information here

Is it just me, or did they really bump up the bar on current TTs when using no aids/0 ABS on wheel?

FXX is gonna be hard nut to crack...:banghead:
...especially when I see an alien like JujiroMatsuda make these comments on FXX thread. :scared:

Its a steep learning curve thats for sure, getting the gear drops right is key to keeping things pointing forward, less pressure once below the 50mph mark (ish)...

Took me 10 laps before I even put in a clean one, not my idea of fun this but cranks inspired me to keep trying 👍

Its a steep learning curve thats for sure, getting the gear drops right is key to keeping things pointing forward, less pressure once below the 50mph mark (ish)...

Took me 10 laps before I even put in a clean one, not my idea of fun this but cranks inspired me to keep trying 👍

It gets frustrating when I'm almost 0.5 seconds in front of my ghost and red-lap the exit to Variante Ascari -- for the umpteenth time -- or take Curva Parabolica a bit too tentatively, and that damn beige line ju-u-ust sneaks past me at the Start / Finish. :banghead:

It gets frustrating when I'm almost 0.5 seconds in front of my ghost and red-lap the exit to Variante Ascari -- for the umpteenth time -- or take Curva Parabolica a bit too tentatively, and that damn beige line ju-u-ust sneaks past me at the Start / Finish. :banghead:

You need the option to turn JUST your freinds lines off, the names above is just to off putting, I have to run this with the display OFF so I just see my ghost on the track but that way I don't get the "invalidated lap" alert, frustrating as hell when you've beaten your ghost only to realise after its dirty!

I must have fluked a line going through variante della rogia as everytime I've tried to copy its been dirty, it must be something to do with the cars angle.. cockpit cam doesn't help in that respect. :irked:

Is it just me, or did they really bump up the bar on current TTs when using no aids/0 ABS on wheel?

FXX is gonna be hard nut to crack...:banghead:
...especially when I see an alien like JujiroMatsuda make these comments on FXX thread. :scared:

WOOOW, I'm speechless to hear such compliment from you @JogoAsobi but sir you're giving me way too much credit!:embarrassed: I'm really not alien, if I were then there are 500 other aliens out there and that's too many isn't it.lol

On our list I thought @SW__10 is bit of an alien, he is really fast, but @z06fun is truly an alien, a regular top 30 finisher on GT5 TT events he is a real deal. Those two are the men to beat on my non-SRF LB.

I'm probably a better tuner than a driver, it seems I demand a particular handling from a car that's not too oversteery but no understeer either. So I wouldn't be that good on driving a stock car then. See, the older you get the less patient you become and I can't tolerate a bad handling or bad gear ratio...because I know better.

If they let me tune FXX's LSD and suspension I can produce a car that anyone can drive 2 seconds clear of gold easily.

BTW, I got a good tune for Imprezza and I wonder if anyone interested? If so, where should I post it? The regular seasonal TT threads are for SRF tunes so should I post it here?

BTW, I got a good tune for Imprezza and I wonder if anyone interested? If so, where should I post it? The regular seasonal TT threads are for SRF tunes so should I post it here?

Post it here, and then in the main TT thread post a link [stating that it is a non-srf specific tune] back to the post that is here. 👍

I'll post my 22B-STi tune here once I have refined it and taken some snaps. ;)

See, the older you get the less patient you become and I can't tolerate a bad handling or bad gear ratio...because I know better.

Couldn't agree more with that, takes alot of motivation to drive a bad handling (or in this case an unrealistic handling car) when you're officially 'old' :indiff:... still a bit miffed at crank going so quick with a controller but at least I've now got that proven benchmark to at least aim for!

:gtpflag:

Recently added 'z06fun, his srf off account anyway, his times are truely jaw dropping :boggled:

Ok then! This is for "zero aids" (TC, SRF, AS, ASM, ABS = OFF) and works for my style. Initially I tried the smooth grip driving style and I grew frustrated so I drifted and it seemed to drive better so I developed this car to suit such style, drive it like Colin McRae.

Best time: 1:18.987 currently around 500th.

Impreza Sport Wagon WRX STi Version VI '99
500PP, 352hp/44.4kgfm, 1,072kg, 52:48, power to weight ratio 3.04kg/BHP

Rigidity improvement, rear wing, +1 inch custom wheels

Suspension
105/105
4.20/4.80
1/1
3/3
7/7
0.5/0.5
0.05/0.05
standard brakes 6/6

LSD
Front: 5/60/5, rear: 5/60/5, Torque split 50:50, tirple-plate clutch, carbon shaft.

Power
Power Limiter at 95.6%, stage 3 engine tune, sports comp, isometric exhaust manifold.

Body
DF 10, stage 3 weight reduction, carbon hood, lighter window.

Gear ratio
Set final to highest, set Max Speed to lowest then do the below.
Set 1st to whatever you wish. Recommend shortest, the car struggles to get going when you come to a halt otherwise.
2nd 2.075 / 3rd 1.640 / 4th 1.360 / 5th 1.160 / 6th 0.997(shortest) / FG 3.840

Much to my surprise the camber seems to work on this car. With 0 camber I struggled to turn the car on that sweeping left hander on back uphill section but with some camber it makes it nicely. Also with some camber I can drift on the bottom section through those twisty bits without losing much time. It has a lot of traction so use the brakes to slide and rotate the car then full throttle on slow corners. I'm driving more SRF style than ever.lol

edit: Reason for choosing this car was that being wagon having extra roof bit at the back, at higher position, which should pull the rear end to side to side when cornering, should provide more rotation than its sedan counterpart. It has better weight distribution as well. Obviously it's bit heavier, and heavier at the back (and at higher position), which is better.

edit: I'm not sure whether twin-plate clutch is better as this course involves a steep hill climb. The description says the 3plate clutch suffers from engine rev drop on uphill. I can't personally feel any difference of the two. I increased the torque purposefully to deal with hill climb so I thought the lighter and rigid clutch would work better but I'm not sure...

Last edited:
Note: The reason I used camber was that on early tune I had put some by mistake. I thought I had put .05 toes on front and back and went on to do the low 19s. However I found out later my toes were zeros but cambers were .5 on all wheels, I was rather annoyed that I thought I didn't have all the grip I could've have and lost few tenths because of that. However, with zero cambers I just could not match my old ghost that had some cambers on, specially on bottom slow section. So I put them back on, tested in range of .2 to 1, I felt .5 gave me the best performance. I broke into 18s. I don't know if camber actually works, or its effect influences (or worsens?) other factors that somehow leads to improvement of my lap times. I don't know.

Last edited:
Well JujiroMatsuda, sir, thanks again...:bowdown: :bowdown:
...I can't tune to save my life, and what I tried prior to your tune didn't deliver the goods for me.
@ 1:20:095 presently (900°W/0 aids/0 ABS), hopefully with more seat time I can break 19. :)

Now I just have to find something to sort that damn BMW out. :lol:
What I used, got me the yellow stuff, but its as loose as a caboose. :yuck:

Last edited:
Hi guys. :)

Great initiative. I’m definitely in, so please put me on the list. :cheers:

I've been hotlapping since GT3, first in the WRS later in the seasonals, and would love to compare times to other dedicated time trialers.

I’m medium paced and I usually drive 30-60 minutes on each time trial depending on the combo and real life. I use an old DFP wheel, and drive without aids, except for the ABS at 1.

I’ll start adding people from the list, and hope some of you also will add me. 👍

See you on the track. :)

Latest Posts

Back